1. Post #681
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    Space Jockey statue with Alien looking ribcages....

2. Post #682
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,751 Posts
    They had that in the original you know, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,393 Posts
    When Giger's around EVERYTHING is ribcages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #684
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,649 Posts
    fyi if any pics leak of the aliens themselves, don't img tag them tia

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    When Giger's around EVERYTHING is cocks.
    ftfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #686
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,751 Posts
    When Giger's around EVERYTHING is cocks.
    ftfy

When Giger's around EVERYTHING is sexual intercourse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,640 Posts
    To go back to Giger for a moment:

wikipedia posted:
    His most distinctive stylistic innovation is that of a representation of human bodies and machines in a cold, interconnected relationship, described as "biomechanical". His paintings often display fetishistic sexual imagery[clarification needed][citation needed]
    Clarification and citation needed?

Really?

Really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #688
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,649 Posts
    To go back to Giger for a moment:

Clarification and citation needed?

Really?

Really?
    Someone should cite this should offer all the clarification they need.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    nothing to see here people move along

10. Post #690
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,416 Posts
    Lies.

Edited:

Plenty to see here.

Edited:

Oh...

11. Post #691
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,379 Posts
    So I just finished watching Alien and Aliens for the first time to prepare myself for this. Why haven't I seen these films earlier.

I only wish I would've known that Aliens was a straight up action movie before going into it. Should've probably realized that by the director, but I was hoping it would be more like Alien. Still great, but I'll need to watch it again to get the full effect.

12. Post #692
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Are there any like really cool things hidden in the Alien universe? At least Alien and Aliens, such as that supposed jockey chestburster thing that I actually don't see at all.

13. Post #693
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,550 Posts
    cuz it wasn't in the film
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #694
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    So I just finished watching Alien and Aliens for the first time to prepare myself for this. Why haven't I seen these films earlier.

I only wish I would've known that Aliens was a straight up action movie before going into it. Should've probably realized that by the director, but I was hoping it would be more like Alien. Still great, but I'll need to watch it again to get the full effect.
    Aliens > Alien imo

both have their strong points though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #695
    November 2009
    6,466 Posts
    ^lol, james cameron > ridley scott
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    15,434 Posts
    Aliens is good, no doubt about it.
    That being said, Alien is much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,249 Posts
    Aliens was a fun movie, but Alien is far far better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #698
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Aliens was a fun movie, but Alien is far far better.
    Difference is that Aliens was more of an action movie set in the universe, whereas Alien was a giant, phallic, utterly horrifying metaphor for rape. I mean, the series goes from one Alien utterly decimating an entire group of people (though, to be fair to the slaughtered, they were poorly armed and ill equipped mechanics) to legions of xenos going head to head with a marine detachment. As far as a cinematic masterpiece goes, Alien wins because it's smarter. Aliens wins purely in the entertainment value department, though that can be contested as I haven't seen Alien for years (Aliens is a personal favorite of mine, however).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #699
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    It's a matter of opinion

Edited:

there's no definite better one or the other
    it's about which one appeals more to your tastes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #700
    September 2005
    62,550 Posts
    ^lol, james cameron > ridley scott
    Jcams films are solid, powerful, and well rounded with captivatiing stories. Ridleys are more artful, meticulous, atmospheric, unique, and I think while they may not entertain the masses quite as well, they are the better films.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #701
    November 2009
    6,466 Posts
    Jcams films are solid, powerful, and well rounded with captivatiing stories. Ridleys are more artful, meticulous, atmospheric, unique, and I think while they may not entertain the masses quite as well, they are the better films.
    ... Nah, people only saw Titanic for the tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #702
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    I know I did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #703
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    I know I did
    I saw it for the Iceberg romance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #704
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    that was hot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    It's an unwritten rule that when there's a single alien in the movies, it's the deadliest thing in the universe.

Then of course there's that other rule that they become cannon fodder once they show up in groups.
    it's called the storm trooper effect.

the more there are of them, the less deadly they become

26. Post #706
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,527 Posts
    still kind of disappointed that there won't be the classic alien in this film

i was really looking forward to another film where the monster was actually scary again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    me too

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,004 Posts
    Here's the difference between Alien and Aliens

Alien - 1 Xeno, dark spaces, HUNDREDS OF HIDING PLACES, absolutely no weapons unless makeshift weapons, also no knowledge on the xeno

Aliens - hundreds of xenos, wide open spaces, heavily armed marines, more combat knowledge, more knowledge on the xenos than a bunch of prisoners (Alien)

29. Post #709
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,527 Posts
    Prisoners? I think ur thinkin about alien 3

30. Post #710
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts

Alien - 1 - Suspense
    Aliens - Action
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #711
    September 2005
    62,550 Posts

Alien - 1 Xeno, dark spaces, HUNDREDS OF HIDING PLACES, absolutely no weapons unless makeshift weapons, also no knowledge on the xeno

Aliens - hundreds of xenos, wide open spaces, heavily armed marines, more combat knowledge, more knowledge on the xenos than a bunch of prisoners (Alien)
    you think the people in Alien are prisoners? what the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #712
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Well I guess technically some of them are because the life boat can't take all of them

33. Post #713

November 2010
    482 Posts
    I remember the first time I saw Aliens when they first went into the alien nest and you saw a ton of aliens coming out from the walls. I though how can they kill off everyone this early but then they survived just fine and I was even more confused.

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    I remember the first time I saw Aliens when they first went into the alien nest and you saw a ton of aliens coming out from the walls. I though how can they kill off everyone this early but then they survived just fine and I was even more confused.
    Everyone except 4 died though.

35. Post #715
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,605 Posts
    I am exited for this movie

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    It's an unwritten rule that when there's a single alien in the movies, it's the deadliest thing in the universe.

Then of course there's that other rule that they become cannon fodder once they show up in groups.
    Ehhh

I mean I understand that there was more of a direction towards action in the sequel, but I never questioned that the aliens as a species were portrayed as "weaker" in Aliens. I mean first off all the marines are armed to the teeth with bigass machine-guns that I'm pretty sure all contained armor piercing rounds and whatnot (Hicks explains what the pulse rifle contains in that scene where he gives ripley a gun, I don't remember exactly but it sounded pretty volatile). The crew in the original movie had what, one flame thrower? Or was it a couple? I don't remember. But the alien yes was extremely cunning and didn't attack up front, but I'd assume that's because there was one of it, so it had to to preserve its species. In the second one it seems to be portrayed that when they form a colony they sort of operate on a "hive mind" type mentality (just judging on that they all seem to act at once with a single goal in mind), and with that in mind one would assume there's not much reason for intense self-preservation when they have an entire army of essentially same-minded beings at their disposal (I think it was like 60 families worth of people?). Point being, their sudden, forceful frontal assaults did work in the scenario of the movie, because they slaughter the shit out of the marines right off the bat in the first action scene, and I'm sure logically there was still a good portion of the colony left (not to mention a few marines had been swept away up the walls to allow for further gestation).

There are definite differences in the tonality and feels of the movies, but I don't really think James Cameron destroyed the menacing nature of the creature like everybody here keeps saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,393 Posts
    Did you forget about the scene where they come through the ceiling and the floor instead of trying to meet the marines head-on? I wouldn't call that a full frontal assault, that's more like striking from behind the front lines. And that's sneaky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #718
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    they're predatory animals
    that's what they do

39. Post #719
    September 2005
    62,550 Posts
    not in alien it's not it's a silent predator what is smart and also keeps to the darkness and strikes when you least expect it

40. Post #720
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    What do you mean they cut the power!