1. Post #1841
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,553 Posts
    ok yeah

2. Post #1842
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,319 Posts
    i'm not even just being picky here - under the smallest bit of scrutiny most things in the movie basically falls apart. yeah i still like it because it's entertaining and well done for the most part but as far as sense goes this movie ain't got none. and that's a pretty big deal. and not 'fantasy' sense. like, logical human being sense.

also there were a buncha scenes that were really sloppily edited. the fifield bit being the main one but the second time i watched the movie i noticed other bits and pieces there were sloppy. like why was the crystal never seen or mentioned again? what did it do? why was it there? why even show it? and everything moved way too fast for you to go 'hang on, what the fuck?'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1843
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,553 Posts
    i know you're not, i agree completely that everyone in this movie did something at some point that just baffles anyone who thinks a little about it

the script and the editing really were the only major flaws this movie had, the performances were good and dumb as the characters were I still enjoyed watching them

I could have ignored the editing had the writing just not been so abysmal and all over the place

hopefully for the sequels they find someone a little more competent

Edited:

as for the green gem thing I'm guessing that's one of the "raises more questions than it answers" dealies but that's a really, really terrible way of going about it.

oh hey full on focused shot of this big ominous green gem is anyone gonna mention it again nope

4. Post #1844
    Official Bro of DD

June 2010
    13,642 Posts
    You know if they were in the future they would of seen all the alien movies probably so everyone in this film should have known better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,729 Posts
    did you poll each and every one of them after the show?
    obviously i was talking about laughter smartass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1846
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,303 Posts
    Check this out:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

7. Post #1847

December 2009
    51 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #1848
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,124 Posts
    fucking hell the guy that played the last engineer is 7 foot 1, literally 1 inch shorter than the actor that played the Xenomorph in Alien.

9. Post #1849
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,303 Posts
    The Last Engineer is played by Ian Whyte, who's 7'1".
    The Last Engineer with the helmet on played by another actor named Phill Martin who's 7'.
    The running "ghost" Engineer is played by John Lebar who's 7'3".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1850
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,124 Posts
    holy shit he beat the Alien record.

Also lmao the last engineer was also the body double for Madame Olympe Maxime in the harry potter movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #1851
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,653 Posts
    Just back from seeing it, I'm so disappointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #1852
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,686 Posts
    The Last Engineer is played by Ian Whyte, who's 7'1".
    The Last Engineer with the helmet on played by another actor named Phill Martin who's 7'.
    Ian Whyte also played the lead Predator in both AVP movies.

13. Post #1853
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Check this out:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #1854
       the only reason you aren't immedaitely going "heyy wait, why would he just leave them" is because a) you want someone to fuck charlize theron and b) because he was being hilarious. two things that distract you from how much of a painfully terrible decision he is making to leave his post while your monitor occasionally picks up life signals right down the hall from two of his crewmembers who are stranded and lost in an alien cave ON A NEWLY DISCOVERED PLANET WHERE ALL THE ALIENS APPEARED WIPED OUT SITTING IN A SCARY ROOM FULL OF STRANGE VASES SEEPING BLACK ALIEN GOO   

the more you think about a lot of character decisions the more you see how shatteringly retarded most of them are
    basically this was a pretty good movie that could have been a classic with some better writing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #1855
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Actually the writing is fine, save for some super wooden dialog. All three authors agreeing to leave giant holes on purpose is what prevents it from reaching ALIEN status.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1856
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,198 Posts
    I went into it, thinking I'd hate it, but honestly, I really liked Prometheus, sure there was a lot of dumb stuff, but it's easily the best movie I've seen in a while, which is kinda sad.

I went with a girl who has a surgery tomorrow, that's gotta suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1857
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,155 Posts
    I went into it, thinking I'd hate it, but honestly, I really liked Prometheus, sure there was a lot of dumb stuff, but it's easily the best movie I've seen in a while, which is kinda sad.

I went with a girl who has a surgery tomorrow, that's gotta suck.
    Bet she loved the self-surgery scene!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1858
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,198 Posts
    She lost her shit and just kinda locked up.

19. Post #1859
    November 2009
    6,834 Posts
    I haven't seen anything else on this, so I'll just post this here.

So I've been thinking... what if LV-426 and LV-223 are in the same system? Not necessarily orbiting the same planet, but in the same solar system rather? It's never exactly specified how far away 426 is from Earth, only other than it would be about ten months of traveling, where as 223 is like two years or something? It takes a few days to get to the moon, and a few months to get to Mars, it makes sense to me. It could also give reason as to why there was a Jockey base on 223, one of them left to possibly go to Earth (or left thousands of years before that, maybe going somewhere else with the xenos) and obviously fucked up?

20. Post #1860
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
       ZRII and 223 are completely different systems, as we see in the holo-map. They both just have ringed planets with jockey moons.   

21. Post #1861
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,319 Posts
    Check this out:
    I really like how it's all real and not cgi, most directors would have just done the engineers in cgi. BUT
    considering the first one has a nude human body but the last engineer is wearing like a suit i guess? why does it look completely attached to his body? it blends in with his skin perfectly. why is that? is his suit a part of him? why is it? can he take it off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #1862
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,145 Posts
    I really like how it's all real and not cgi, most directors would have just done the engineers in cgi. BUT
    considering the first one has a nude human body but the last engineer is wearing like a suit i guess? why does it look completely attached to his body? it blends in with his skin perfectly. why is that? is his suit a part of him? why is it? can he take it off?
    I assume the suit has some way of melding to his body.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1863
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 30Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #1864
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    i'm not even just being picky here - under the smallest bit of scrutiny most things in the movie basically falls apart. yeah i still like it because it's entertaining and well done for the most part but as far as sense goes this movie ain't got none. and that's a pretty big deal. and not 'fantasy' sense. like, logical human being sense.

also there were a buncha scenes that were really sloppily edited. the fifield bit being the main one but the second time i watched the movie i noticed other bits and pieces there were sloppy. like why was the crystal never seen or mentioned again? what did it do? why was it there? why even show it? and everything moved way too fast for you to go 'hang on, what the fuck?'
    Well they do that to make sure you watch the next movie in the new trilogy, and we'll find some answers to your questions, that's about it. If ever. Of course when this trilogy ends, we'll find out for sure what the heck is going on. Also    L O S T   

I was going to go watch it today, but had so much to do.

Edited:

Check this out:
    Looks like Voldemort. I guess.

Also WTF.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

25. Post #1865
    November 2009
    6,834 Posts
    looks like a kind of bio-mechanical suit.

Edited:

Well now, in a strange turn of events, the film's viral campaign is... still going. Remember that date after the credits? it led people here: http://www.whatis101112.com/ and gave them this:

found a possible answer here http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Weyland

it says that Weyland Industries was founded October 11, 2012. it's most likely just the film's release date, but it could be something else.. *cue dramatic music*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #1866
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,303 Posts
    More Elder Engineers:

And videos showing how they did some of the VFX: http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/C...ial/prometheus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #1867
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,198 Posts
    Seriously though, despite all the excellent effects, what was with Weyland's makeup, it was terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

28. Post #1868

December 2009
    51 Posts
    Seriously though, despite all the excellent effects, what was with Weyland's makeup, it was terrible.
    Scott wanted Max Von Sydow to play Mr Weyland, but since Guy Pearce's contract was sealed before that, he had not choice. It's a pity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

29. Post #1869
    December 2011
    1,338 Posts
    Why oh why does this film come to germany in august. Why so late? This sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1870
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,303 Posts
    Why oh why does this film come to germany in august. Why so late? This sucks.
    You'll get the dubbed version as well I presume?

31. Post #1871
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,986 Posts
    Oh and the reason they hired Guy Pierce in the first place was because they were going to have a scene of Weyland as a young man in the intro. But then cut it out.

32. Post #1872
    Scott wanted Max Von Sydow to play Mr Weyland,
    aww dammit, that would have been awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

33. Post #1873
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,570 Posts
    David was like a little kid when he was in the ship, touched every god damn thing and fucked shit over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1874
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,653 Posts
    Oh and the reason they hired Guy Pierce in the first place was because they were going to have a scene of Weyland as a young man in the intro. But then cut it out.
    They did use him in the fictional TED talk video too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #1875
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    They did use him in the fictional TED talk video too.
    I quite enjoyed that video, I was hoping to see it on the big screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #1876
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #1877
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,326 Posts
    It's fitting that such a major theme of Prometheus was that there are some things that humankind will never be able to understand, because I think that applies to the film's script.

4/10

Edited:

seriously why does everyone act like a fucking retard
    "hurr durr I'll run out in the middle of a deadly storm to get the head of a thing there's like a million other bodies of lying about but whatever"
    "hurr durr I'll run out after her without taking any precautions or anything"
    "hurr durr the ship doesn't have a quarantine apparently so we'll have to shoot the sick guy with a flamethrower"
    "hurr durr the I'll drink this thing the robot gave me even though he obviously spiked it right in front of me but somehow I didn't notice"
    "hurr durr we managed to get lost in the cave even though it was all mapped out in 3D and we could have just asked the guy with the map but nope"
    "hurr durr we're completely defenseless but let's go in the room with the mysterious pots and shit and talk to the eel alien"
    "hurr durr we're scientists but let's not do do anything scientifically at all"
    "hurr durr go against five hundred years of darwinism" (wat?)

it looked good though, just the script was fucking terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1878
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,124 Posts
    "hurr durr the I'll drink this thing the robot gave me even though he obviously spiked it right in front of me but somehow I didn't notice"
    lol it really wasn't that obvious and yes his finger tapping into a drink is just instantly gonna make some one think "HE POISONED IT OMG"

Edited:

fuck sake they cut out a lot. I really hope the dvd/bluray has an extended cut, and not just separate deleted scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #1879
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,326 Posts
    lol it really wasn't that obvious and yes his finger tapping into a drink is just instantly gonna make some one think "HE POISONED IT OMG"
    ok fine that was nitpicky but the rest still applies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #1880
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    What's this about a crystal? I seem to have not noticed that part entirely.