1. Post #3441
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    should i buy the barricade? i have a maverick already.
    i dont mod anything, just casual fun with nerf guns, you know, PEW PEW and all that shit
    The barricade is awesome if you can stand the fact that it is VERY loud whenever it's turned on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

2. Post #3442
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,451 Posts
    The Barricade jams a lot from what I've seen people who use it. They probably fire too fast but it jams too far often for my taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #3443

April 2011
    13 Posts
    None of these look like they're modded. What's wrong with you, Facepunch?

http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3444
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,440 Posts
    Why would you ever do that? That goes against the basic principles of Nerf
    Like i give a fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3445
    April 2011
    1,041 Posts
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Stampede as a primary weapon in HvZ? (I wouldn't use the shield and foregrip, I think they look ridiculous and would be detrimental to the overall handling of the gun) Any tips, mods, before I shell out $50?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3446
    March 2010
    483 Posts
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Stampede as a primary weapon in HvZ? (I wouldn't use the shield and foregrip, I think they look ridiculous and would be detrimental to the overall handling of the gun) Any tips, mods, before I shell out $50?
    I understand your misgivings about the two addons. With the shield you gotta kind look through the viewing port to aim from the shoulder and that inhibits your view radius, and I agree that unless you're going to entrench yourself, the for-grip bi-pod is probably useless.

Edited:

The Barricade jams a lot from what I've seen people who use it. They probably fire too fast but it jams too far often for my taste.
    I haven't had mine jam once, no matter how fast I pull the trigger.

Edited:

should i buy the barricade? i have a maverick already.
    i dont mod anything, just casual fun with nerf guns, you know, PEW PEW and all that shit
    For general shooting I find it to be pretty awesome. I just kinda with the cylinder could swing out, having to rotate it by hand makes it a pain to load

Edited:

I've been having a "great" time talking to my administration about allowing HvZ on our campus. They still define a nerf blaster a "weapon." I'm talking to the principal tomorrow and I'm giving him a Maverick as a gift to actually show him what a nerf gun is because the last time we talked he kept babbling on about how he doesn't want BBs everywhere and projectile weaponry.
    Not a bad idea. Hell, having him shoot it at a mirror. A BB would break a mirror, a Nerf dart won't.

7. Post #3447
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Not a bad idea. Hell, having him shoot it at a mirror. A BB would break a mirror, a Nerf dart won't.
    Plus, BBs hurt when you get shot with them, Nerf darts you don't. Unless you get hit in the eye. But, then you could simply have the zombie player wear some goggles for safety.

8. Post #3448
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    the semi auto pistol is p cool
    it's my cousins favorite when we have nerf wars
    (he's six by the way so yeah)

9. Post #3449
    March 2010
    483 Posts
    Plus, BBs hurt when you get shot with them, Nerf darts you don't. Unless you get hit in the eye. But, then you could simply have the zombie player wear some goggles for safety.
    That and, hell, Nerf even makes goggles just for that purpose. And the darts to hurt a bit at point blank range, but not worse than getting hit with a football.

10. Post #3450
    January 2007
    400 Posts
    Moved into a two story apartment a couple months ago. Been doing SWAT style breaching scenarios and zombie games with all my guns. Shit is so cash with 6+ players. We've even made a few cardboard riot shields and shit.

11. Post #3451
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,451 Posts
    Yeah, my administrators at my High School are really being difficult. I haven't actually met them since they've been "stuck at a meeting" the day I was suppose to meet the principal and then when we had another appointment in the morning but he came late and had like 5 minutes before I had to go to class. They are avoiding me real bad because I'm really pushing them and I don't think they've encountered anyone else like our group before that are really well researched and well motivated.

12. Post #3452
    April 2011
    1,041 Posts
    Rammaster posted:
    Yeah, my administrators at my High School are really being difficult. I haven't actually met them since they've been "stuck at a meeting" the day I was suppose to meet the principal and then when we had another appointment in the morning but he came late and had like 5 minutes before I had to go to class. They are avoiding me real bad because I'm really pushing them and I don't think they've encountered anyone else like our group before that are really well researched and well motivated.
    High school administrations do that with everything. Keep trying no matter what.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #3453
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    You're trying to get them to allow you to play HvZ in high school?

Stupid idea. It's designed for college campuses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #3454
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    You're trying to get them to allow you to play HvZ in high school?

Stupid idea. It's designed for college campuses.

Let the kid do what he wants, I think it's awesome. I would have liked to play NERF while I was in High School.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #3455
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    It's disruptive in a high school environment. It doesn't matter how safe nerf guns are, it won't be allowed.

16. Post #3456
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,832 Posts
    It's disruptive in a high school environment. It doesn't matter how safe nerf guns are, it won't be allowed.
    Amen, college isn't as regimented and it's a much more relaxed schedule... and it's a lot more outdoors than high school. Looking forward to HvZ in college

17. Post #3457
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    Obviously he wouldn't do it during school hours, he just wants permission to do it after school or at lunch or whatever on their property. Seems like a great idea to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3458
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    Obviously he wouldn't do it during school hours, he just wants permission to do it after school or at lunch or whatever on their property. Seems like a great idea to me.
    He can just do it at home with friends then. There's really no reason to do it at the high school.

19. Post #3459
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    He can just do it at home with friends then. There's really no reason to do it at the high school.
    More room, more varied environments. More stories to tell.

Edited:

What's a better tale? "I had a Nerf war at my house, it was fun" or "I had a Nerf War at my school, it was fucking epic."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3460
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    More people, bigger and more interesting arena, more public exposure.

21. Post #3461
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    So they should be allowed to do it there just cause it'd be cooler?

That isn't the way things work. It'd be awesome if you could play it in a hospital. Or any standard building. However, nobody is going to let you do so because it is disruptive. It's not like schools are empty after school hours, custodians have to go around cleaning up and plenty of teachers stay late for various things.

Yeah, it'd be cool, but it's extremely naive to think they'd ever let you do it. It's not as simple as saying "hurr we won't damage anything or bother anyone its okay durr."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3462
    May 2007
    2,011 Posts
    So they should be allowed to do it there just cause it'd be cooler?

That isn't the way things work. It'd be awesome if you could play it in a hospital. Or any standard building. However, nobody is going to let you do so because it is disruptive. It's not like schools are empty after school hours, custodians have to go around cleaning up and plenty of teachers stay late for various things.

Yeah, it'd be cool, but it's extremely naive to think they'd ever let you do it. It's not as simple as saying "hurr we won't damage anything or bother anyone its okay durr."
    After school time is cleared for plenty of other things that are done "cause it'd be cooler". At my high school, there were multiple after school tournaments done for various games that could've been done at someone's house, but were "cooler" at the school and they were ok with it.

Honestly, as long as they get some house rules down it should be fine.

23. Post #3463
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,451 Posts
    Too bad we don't play during class and we play on Weekends with games that are about 2 hours long.

Edited:

We can but it'll be a little stuffy with about 30 people playing in my house. We might move to a park for the while and we play at this Elementary School that is open for public use and lots of people play there during the Weekend. We've played 4 games there and it's been fun.

24. Post #3464
    December 2009
    2,508 Posts
    Alright so I doubt many, if any, of you remember but a long while back, I mentioned that my little brother had painted his Nite Finder, and I asked if anyone would like to see. Someone replied yeah then I never got around to it because I'm a lazy ass fuck. That's beside the point anyway. Today he painted his Buzz Bee double barrel, so I decided, what the hell.

He says he's going to paint the stock lid thing silver soon. It has a lot of unpainted areas because he painted it whole against my suggestion to disassemble it. It still looks damn good though, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #3465
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,451 Posts
    That looks nice. What kinds of paint did your brother use? I just bought some Krylon white primer and sealer and some acrylic for my first paintjob on my Element. I really didn't know what kind to use so I just decided acrylic would be good for details.

26. Post #3466
    December 2009
    2,508 Posts
    He used spray paint for the black and silver parts and two shades of enamel for the rest. He spray painted the parts he wanted metal black, then for the silver, he sprayed a paper towel and ran it over the barrel. The wood, he did with simple paint brushes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #3467
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,451 Posts
    Great news, everyone! I received the support from my Principal. He seems open to the idea as I explained the game more in depth to him. He said it's going to be the District's decision and we need to be an official school club for this to happen. So, everything seems well and with our principal's support, we have a better odds at playing this at our high school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #3468
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,621 Posts
    Don't shoot at Mrs. Caboski, she'll give you a demerit.

I wish my school was more chill about guns, I've had at least 4 counseling appointments because I talk about guns a lot and draw them. Doesn't help that I also make sarcastic jokes about JFK's assassination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #3469
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    tell them to fuck off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #3470
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Great news, everyone! I received the support from my Principal. He seems open to the idea as I explained the game more in depth to him. He said it's going to be the District's decision and we need to be an official school club for this to happen. So, everything seems well and with our principal's support, we have a better odds at playing this at our high school.
    Hey, if all else fails you can resort to using balls in socks or water balloons.

31. Post #3471
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    161 Posts
    I don't care what anyone says, Nerf Guns are definitely more "versatile" than the other shooting recreational sports (paintball, airsoft). You can keep them at home and kind of shoot them at other people just like that. It's a good "fun" toy where you don't have to worry that much about getting stains from paint, or bruises in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events

32. Post #3472
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,832 Posts
    I don't care what anyone says, Nerf Guns are definitely more "versatile" than the other shooting recreational sports (paintball, airsoft). You can keep them at home and kind of shoot them at other people just like that. It's a good "fun" toy where you don't have to worry that much about getting stains from paint, or bruises in general.
    Right? I mean, Airsoft is good too, but not if you're not protected, and a Nerf dart can't fuck up teeth. Plus it's just less prone to damage.

They say Nerf is for pussies, I say, what else is safer? I mean, I like both Airsoft and Nerf, but Nerf is better for impromptu indoors environments where range doesn't really matter, airsoft is more for tactic00l kiddies. I just use Nerf guns to have fun.

33. Post #3473
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    Yeah, that's the beauty of Nerf. With no planning or forethought whatsoever, I can call some friends over to have a game in my yard, which is a good battlefield since it's the kind with wide areas on all sides of the house. In related Nerf news, when are they going to release new Streamline guns? A smaller revolver would be cool.

34. Post #3474
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    This thread needs more people to enjoy it.

On a related note, if I add an Angel Breech to my Longshot do I need to use stefans or will streamline darts still work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events