1. Post #681
    July 2008
    1,328 Posts
    Try to take the man's weapons and shove it into the wall

2. Post #682
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    It's going to be such an easy way out of all this if it all just is a dream.
    Don't do it xamllew, don't make it all a dream.

3. Post #683
    February 2010
    5,561 Posts
    Agreed, if this was all a dream then it'd be a bit weird...

4. Post #684
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    (I'm only refering to falling down)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,136 Posts
    what can you do? you are falling down a massive well

6. Post #686
    June 2010
    43 Posts
    He needs to grab on to the other guy, jump on top of him, then if they land in water the knife dude will die or if they land on the ground the knife dude will just pancake on to the ground, and Tom will be fine!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    828 Posts
    He needs to grab on to the other guy, jump on top of him, then if they land in water the knife dude will die or if they land on the ground the knife dude will just pancake on to the ground, and Tom will be fine!!!
    This

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    279 Posts
    Use your bag as a parachute, obviously!

9. Post #689
    Gold Member

October 2007
    2,313 Posts
    Get on top of the guy.

10. Post #690
    February 2010
    186 Posts
    This.

Edited:

This!*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,835 Posts

*Takes puff from pipe* And so goes the tale of our dear friend Tom. But really, sorry guys, I lack the motivation required to keep up with Tom. Perhaps I'll continue Fantastic Journey some day but for now I'll leave it to you to decide what happened to Tom after his rescue. I had a lot of ideas for this and I really meant to get around to that tower, shit, oh well, I had fun making up Fantastic Journey.

Yes, I did have a partner for Tom planned.
    Yes, burning that bridge dramatically changed the storyline.
    No, the fall wasn't a dream.
    Yes, I know that ending sucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

12. Post #692
    So Amazing
    December 2006
    1,779 Posts
    Nooooo :saddowns:
    I was really enjoying this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,365 Posts
    Ah well, awesome while it lasted.

*Hooray for flashback, and are you telling me Tom wears that coat and hat everywhere? :wtc:*

14. Post #694
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,206 Posts
    We'll never get to that giant tower. :saddowns:

I figured you were starting to get tired of this when it took over 3 days to make one simple update.

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,835 Posts
    Yep, my feelings for this were up and down like a roller coaster. :saddowns: And yes, Penguin, Tom wears his get-up everywhere.

Well, thank you guys for reading. It would have ended a lot sooner if it weren't for ya. :love:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,935 Posts
    And then Tom was magically teleported to the tower where he finds out all the inforation about it that he could possibly want.

Right, right??? :saddowns:

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,206 Posts
    Fanart continuation go!

18. Post #698
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,394 Posts
    Aww... no waaaaaaaay...
    well xam, could you tell us some plot details then?
    Like tell us more about the frogs, who was the man at the bridge, who is that killer and was he going to be improtant later on, who was the friend going to be, what is that tower, who is that ghost figure, who is Tom really, ect ect ect. Ive hungered for these answers for soooo long.

Edited:

ugh, no, no one could continue this without it feeling wrong

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,365 Posts
    no, we have to save it for the possibility of a sequel

20. Post #700
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,835 Posts
    Aww... no waaaaaaaay...
    well xam, could you tell us some plot details then?
    Like tell us more about the frogs, who was the man at the bridge, who is that killer and was he going to be improtant later on, who was the friend going to be, what is that tower, who is that ghost figure, who is Tom really, ect ect ect. Ive hungered for these answers for soooo long.

Edited:

ugh, no, no one could continue this without it feeling wrong
    Well for one, he didn't die in the fire, I had planned to have the armored man make a return in the Cafheed town, possibly blowing Tom's cover and getting him sent to jail, he was a hired mercenary warrior specializing in defense against overgrown frogs (hence the enormous sword), there were actually supposed to be many of them protecting the mayor and somewhere along the line I was planning on having a frog slayed.

The frogs are...just big frogs. They weren't a heavy plot piece and after leaving Mars they would've been replaced with some other creature.

The "God of Pain" was supposed to kill Tom but then I thought that I might like returning to do this again some day.

I don't want to say anything about the tower as I might come back to it, if I do I promise it'll be weird.

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,206 Posts
    What about the friend we were going to have?

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,835 Posts
    Oh yea, his name was Len and he was an amateur chemist living in the Cafheed outskirts, very willing to go out on adventure after Tom were to sneak in his house. He was going to have some bombs to bring along.

I had a lot more item sprites and characters before my old hard drive died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,136 Posts
    No, Why must this happen to the best of us?
    i'll miss you tom

24. Post #704
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    I can't really blame you for quitting, I've done stuff like this before and I know what a toll they can take of you when it becomes a chore to do.

Personally I like the end, it leaves it up to everyone to decide what they think what happened with Tom and like you say, it leaves a possibility for Tom to come back and finish this thing.

I really like this picture by the way :

It would look really awesome as a wallpaper, only thing that needs to be changed is the motion blur and the other man falling.

25. Post #705
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,551 Posts
    I think i should ask this, can we get a wallpaper made with your supreme skills to remember the great Fantastic journey oh mighty Xamllew :buddy:

Edited:

(this post was inspired by what Gregah said)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #706
    April 2010
    205 Posts
    Well, thanks for your effort and time. I've really enjoyed reading this and keeping up with it!
    A wallpaper would be great, but Archiad has to be on it too! Hopefully you will change your mind and continue shortly..

27. Post #707
    February 2010
    186 Posts
    Thank you, for everything, great, great paint artist. You've had me occupied with this many a time, and I've been looking forwards to every release.

28. Post #708
    August 2009
    12,394 Posts
    Fuck.

But that was amazing. Thanks for doing this.

29. Post #709
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    4,111 Posts
    I think i should ask this, can we get a wallpaper made with your supreme skills to remember the great Fantastic journey oh mighty Xamllew :buddy:
    I second this motion

30. Post #710
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,726 Posts
    I wish it didn't have to end man.

I want to do something related to this but I don't think I could make such cool backgrounds and sprites.

also I just noticed, Toms computer went blue screen on him when the door slammed

31. Post #711
    January 2010
    1,153 Posts
    WHY MUST IT END???
    /caps

Well, I guess that's it....OFF TO MADMAN'S COMIC.
    /caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #712
    Dennab
    January 2008
    1,633 Posts
    This is about the only story on here I've kept up reading. I'm sure we could carry this on between us but it would probably end up and a pile of blood and rape.

Awesome thread. 10/10

33. Post #713
    February 2010
    186 Posts

Edited:

(this post was inspired by what Gregah said)
    Word.

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,835 Posts
    Here's yer stinkin' desktop, take it or leave it.

I tried to fit everyone into the frame, unfortunately the beast got the short end of the deal. I only made one resolution.

I just realized I have a very small monitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts

I tried to fit everyone into the frame, unfortunately the beast got the short end of the deal. I only made one resolution.

You have a very small monitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,096 Posts
    -snip-

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,835 Posts
    Sssshhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

38. Post #718
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts

Fits perfectly for my monitor (17" CRT).

Edit : At 1024x768
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,726 Posts
    Epic Desktop is epic.
    This is my Background for sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #720
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    4,111 Posts
    That looks sweet. Too bad it's really small on my laptop...