1. Post #521
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

GOD
    DAAAAAAAAA-

...wow
    whoever is deleting all of my shit is really BAD at it
    also fuck you windows for defaulting all of my folders to shared and not even telling me
    Wait, what happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

2. Post #522
    May 2007
    912 Posts
    Wait, what happened?
    i joined croshi's hamachi group without knowing my folders were being shared
    thanks, microsoft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #523
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    thanks, microsoft
    It's not mine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #524
    May 2007
    912 Posts
    It's not mine
    then who does it belong to

5. Post #525
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Darkomni probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

6. Post #526
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,512 Posts
    I've not read the thread, but I'm guessing SFM does NOT work for the latest version of the game. Does anybody know why they removed the support for it?

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    I've not read the thread, but I'm guessing SFM does NOT work for the latest version of the game. Does anybody know why they removed the support for it?
    There was never support for it to begin with.

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Oh, the sorrow of hamachi.

9. Post #529
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,512 Posts
    There was never support for it to begin with.
    Now when I asked my buddy, I noticed I didn't even need to post. But thanks, I just saw him start it up, but never understood that you couldn't do anything with it (it only works in the tf2).

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Fucking ninja's and automerge.

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    So I'm trying to run the Python script that fixes the materials and.. I think something's broken. When I try to run the module, I get an "invalid syntax" error. Then it highlights some stuff.

I went back to what little I remember from my Java class and figured that maybe if I deleted the highlighted characters, that would fix it. Well it didn't. Still invalid syntax.

So uh.. Any suggestions?

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    What stuff does it highlight? Make sure when you copied it that indentation is in place, along with quotes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #533
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    What stuff does it highlight? Make sure when you copied it that indentation is in place, along with quotes.
    It highlights a ". If I remove that one, it just highlights another one. Then if I remove all the "'s on that line, it highlights a big blank space after the line ends.

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    ...You should probably do the exact opposite of removing them.

But anyway! Copy it over again, then tell me what line it highlights and which quote. I can't just go by a "it highlights a quote"

15. Post #535
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    Line six, column forty-three.

16. Post #536
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    There's no quote on line 6. You are using the script posted here, right?

Post a screenshot of your editor / the IDLE editor.

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    That's the one.

18. Post #538
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    The script's been updated since then, but it's all cosmetic - that still shouldn't error. As far as I can tell the syntax is fine. I've only tested with the most recent version of python, so you might try installing that if you haven't already.

19. Post #539
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    The script's been updated since then, but it's all cosmetic - that still shouldn't error. As far as I can tell the syntax is fine. I've only tested with the most recent version of python, so you might try installing that if you haven't already.
    It's 3.1..

20. Post #540
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Ah, that's it. It appears that they changed the way print works a bit from 2.6.* to 3.1. Add a ( just after print and a ) at the end of the line, for each usage of print. That should fix it.

21. Post #541
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    Ah, that's it. It appears that they changed the way print works a bit from 2.6.* to 3.1. Add a ( just after print and a ) at the end of the line, for each usage of print. That should fix it.
    Got it working. Thanks a ton :love:

22. Post #542
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    It looks like I was wrong.

I recant my views. Going straight for the "haah waaw" was a bit douchetastic but I suppose I was acting like one too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Thailand Show Events

23. Post #543
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    I've got a Hamachi group going as FP-SFM:pacefunch. Join if you want.

Edited:

By the way, does anyone know a way to change the camera fov?
    joined your group... for lolz!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #544
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,043 Posts
    thanks, microsoft
    Pikablu, if you haven't been able to make it so it's not shared, I can help you with TeamViewer. I'm sorry to hear that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Spain Show Events

25. Post #545
    May 2010
    485 Posts
    Compress it.
    How :<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

26. Post #546
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,043 Posts
    Use Xvid in the Compression option in the Video menu in VirtualDub.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Spain Show Events

27. Post #547
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    How :<
    If you have a program like Vegas, Premiere, or even Windows Movie Maker I guess you can use that. Just render as mp4 and change the bitrate until you get a nice result (don't know if WMM lets you do that though).

Personally, I go with command-line ffmpeg. Once you've extracted ffmpeg.exe to the same folder, just run it with something like this:

Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -b 1200k -i myUncompressedFile.avi myOutputVideo.mp4
    Where 1200k is the bitrate. This can also stitch the frames & audio together if you want. This should be the command:

Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -r 25 -b 1250k -i inputFrames%04d.tga -i inputAudio.mp3 -pass 1 -ar 48000 -ac 2 -ab 128k outputVideo.mp4
    Where 24 is the framerate, 48000 is the sampling frequency, and 128k is the audio bitrate. %04d represents the number of digits used to enumerate the frames. I got the second command from here as I usually create an uncompressed avi with VirtualDub.

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    I can load a map, but the screen is completely black, but I can hear the sounds of the map in the background. Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Does it say that the active camera is the work camera, just above and to the left of the engine window? The work camera often spawns outside the map bounds looking at nothing, so you have to spin it around and find the map.

As far as actually getting started, press F10, then F11. Hopefully you should see the MOTD at this point, be able to select a team & class, etc.

30. Post #550
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    F10 and f11 worked, thanks Metroid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #551
    December 2009
    1,624 Posts
    My first try in SFM:

As you can see on the video, the faces are all messed up. Can someone please tell me how to fix that? Cause it looks just wrong :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    My first try in SFM:

As you can see on the video, the faces are all messed up. Can someone please tell me how to fix that? Cause it looks just wrong :D
    It's because you use HWM models AFAIK.
    To fix it, just create an animation set for the puppet and it'll go back to default.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

33. Post #553
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    How do I add a camera so I can start recording? I right clicked the bottom bar and selected set new camera, but the screen is black and also when I try and move the camera it is still black. Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #554
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    How do I add a camera so I can start recording? I right clicked the bottom bar and selected set new camera, but the screen is black and also when I try and move the camera it is still black. Any help?
    The work camera is still outside the map. Spin it around completely and you'll probably spot the map, which you can then fly to.

As far as adding new cameras, there's two ways. One is what you're trying - Set New Camera. This will add one at the position of the work camera. The second method is to perform a recording, but only check the stuff for recording camera info (and not the FOV or any world info/sounds). Then add an animation set and smooth the result to get a nice moving camera. See the video tutorial on the wiki for more info on this.

35. Post #555
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    The work camera is still outside the map. Spin it around completely and you'll probably spot the map, which you can then fly to.

As far as adding new cameras, there's two ways. One is what you're trying - Set New Camera. This will add one at the position of the work camera. The second method is to perform a recording, but only check the stuff for recording camera info (and not the FOV or any world info/sounds). Then add an animation set and smooth the result to get a nice moving camera. See the video tutorial on the wiki for more info on this.
    How do I spin the camera round, do I just click and drag the screen, because that's not working.

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    How do I spin the camera round, do I just click and drag the screen, because that's not working.
    You have to click the button in the top left corner in the engine viewport so it says "Work Camera", or right click on the timeline and click "Set Camera"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

37. Post #557
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    I know you guys already got Portal working with this thing, but does Left 4 dead work as well?

38. Post #558
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    I know you guys already got Portal working with this thing, but does Left 4 dead work as well?
    I tried doing it with L4D2 as you can see earlier, and i think i can actually get it working. It's just that L4D2 uses a newer version of BSP files so i need to fix that somehow. Pretty sure i can get L4D to work too.

Edited:

The maps that is. Not playing as the survivors and such

39. Post #559
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    I tried doing it with L4D2 as you can see earlier, and i think i can actually get it working. It's just that L4D2 uses a newer version of BSP files so i need to fix that somehow. Pretty sure i can get L4D to work too.

Edited:

The maps that is. Not playing as the survivors and such
    ahhh, i see. We need to find a workaround to use other models as character models, such as the Left 4 Dead models. That would really change the potential of this thing.

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    ahhh, i see. We need to find a workaround to use other models as character models, such as the Left 4 Dead models. That would really change the potential of this thing.
    Metroid did something with that, but it seems the bones fucks up http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=481