1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,231 Posts
    Thanks, and you can also just delete them through the DME editor.
    I've been deleting engineer blueprints today but a couple of them "stuck" on the map and there was no way to remove them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Russian Federation Show Events

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    First of, i know nothing about mapping!

Now, regarding getting L4D2 maps into L4D. I've gotten the concert map decompiled and i have it opened in the authoring tools.
    Now i wanna compile it again, but this time to BSP version 20 intead of 21.
    How do i do that, and how long will it take to compile?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

3. Post #643
    May 2010
    209 Posts
    Donate 400 dollars so I can buy a new computer capable of running sfm please.
    me too i hate to use custom low quality config to play the game at lowest of the lowest setting + the game still lags :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,961 Posts
    Anyone having problem lip syncing? I can't find the mouth movements shown in this video.
    Help please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Anonymous Proxy Show Events

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    me too i hate to use custom low quality config to play the game at lowest of the lowest setting + the game still lags :/
    No, you don't understand. Without my graphics card, I can't even RUN tf2. Or any source game for that matter. They all crash on startup.

I have a hard time running TORIBASH, man.

Seriously, I'd appreciate if you guys could get together like 100 dollars or something so I could at the very least afford a new card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    No, you don't understand. Without my graphics card, I can't even RUN tf2. Or any source game for that matter. They all crash on startup.

Seriously, I'd appreciate if you guys could get together like 100 dollars or something so I could at the very least afford a new card.

No one's going to give you $100 for a new GPU >_>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts

Are you seriously expecting anyone would gift you a new graphics card?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    No, I'm just saying I'd appreciate if someone did VV

Edited:

Or rather, not someONE but EVERYone, it's drastic enough to think everyone entirely will get you a new GPU but nobody's dumb enough to think an individual might.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

9. Post #649
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    First of, i know nothing about mapping!

Now, regarding getting L4D2 maps into L4D. I've gotten the concert map decompiled and i have it opened in the authoring tools.
    Now i wanna compile it again, but this time to BSP version 20 intead of 21.
    How do i do that, and how long will it take to compile?
    Last time i did it, it took about an hour or two on 4GB of Memory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Oh and, if any of you would like access to the "SourceMachinimaMaker" account (the one I put all my sfm shit on), then contact me over steam or a FP PM

11. Post #651
    May 2010
    209 Posts

How can your graphics card die that's really weird my pc from 2002 is still alive and not even bothered to clean it up since then I think its full of dust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    I don't know, bro.

13. Post #653
    May 2010
    209 Posts
    Well i know 2 possibilities either too hot in the house or the rig is in a tight place where it can't breathe or you don't have cooler like a fan or liquid shit or something like that.

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I've been trying to get hats:

Still not a whole lot of luck. The hats follow the puppet(s) around but rotate on the spot, not around the base of the puppet, so they end up disconnected. If you have a character running in a straight line it's ok I guess

Hoping to work this out eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    April 2010
    9 Posts
    Okay I have made a couple of videos in SFM - but I'm still really crap with some things.

(to give you an idea where I'm at)

I know these might sound insanely basic, but I kinda just messed round with things till I got them to work eventually.

Whenever I load up a map I switch the camera to whatever the second camera option is so I can start moving around, I hit record and then have to have 1 random puppet just sitting in the spawn. Either way I then cancel that and move out to the spot where I want to record, do my recording, all good.

But when it comes time to animate I always have to search through multiple versions of the puppet to find the one I want to animate (e.g. like 5 heavies in the list, and I have to go through each till I find one that has some kind of movement in the animation bar)
    Is there a better way of doing this?

Also, for animating lip syncing, sometimes the 'sounds' you can choose from the list wont be there for the puppet. Anyone know any issue like this?

Last thing, how do you delete a puppet?

Sorry, I know these are terrible questions but I need help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 12Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Okay I have made a couple of videos in SFM - but I'm still really crap with some things.

(to give you an idea where I'm at)
    View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AkRzMRTkatM

I know these might sound insanely basic, but I kinda just messed round with things till I got them to work eventually.

Whenever I load up a map I switch the camera to whatever the second camera option is so I can start moving around, I hit record and then have to have 1 random puppet just sitting in the spawn. Either way I then cancel that and move out to the spot where I want to record, do my recording, all good.

But when it comes time to animate I always have to search through multiple versions of the puppet to find the one I want to animate (e.g. like 5 heavies in the list, and I have to go through each till I find one that has some kind of movement in the animation bar)
    Is there a better way of doing this?

Also, for animating lip syncing, sometimes the 'sounds' you can choose from the list wont be there for the puppet. Anyone know any issue like this?

Last thing, how do you delete a puppet?

Sorry, I know these are terrible questions but I need help
    It seems you're not completely new to this, so i hope you'll understand this.
    Right click on the timeline, choose "Properties..." which is located at the top.
    That brings forth the DME editor as you can see and the pic below.

In this case "take1" is the Heavy. If i remove take1 it will remove everything that puppet ever did and recorded, like medkits/ammocrates all that. It will also remove the model itself. That should bring it away from the list of puppets to choose between.
    Just say if you don't understand i know this is kinda messy

Edited:

The things beneath are the things that will be deleted. If you want just to remove certain items, go into them and see what they contain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Hahaha, spy jerking off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Does anyone know if Ayes' Female Scout model works in the SFM (In particular, I need to be able to facepose her)

19. Post #659
    April 2010
    9 Posts
    Awesome, thanks DK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. New Zealand Show Events

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Does anyone know if Ayes' Female Scout model works in the SFM (In particular, I need to be able to facepose her)
    Yes. Heck, she's in my first major test video.

I haven't actually tested faceposing, but I'd presume it works since the model works.

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Do I have to convert her textures or anything?

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Yeah. And remove the $yellow line in the vmts.

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    How do I fix the black player models? I used the file from the GMod website, but I don't think that will apply to Fem-Scoot.

Edited:

By the way, Met, I added you on Steam

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    That's done by removing the $yellow line.

Edit: Added!

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3797244/JF_1.mp4

Just testing some more facial animation/lipsync stuff out :)

26. Post #666
    May 2007
    912 Posts
    jesus christ there's a whole lot you can do with the dme editor
    for example record yourself doing something and search for rimlight
    play with rimlightboost and you can change how strong the rimlighting is
    of course it looks just fine as it is but it's nice to know just in case you need it for some reason!

edit: probably not a good idea to play with phong since it just crashes on me every time

edit 2: there's also some settings for cloaking (which should be obvious since it's in the vmts) and you can change how much the model is cloaked

headvy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,434 Posts
    I've been trying to get hats:

Still not a whole lot of luck. The hats follow the puppet(s) around but rotate on the spot, not around the base of the puppet, so they end up disconnected. If you have a character running in a straight line it's ok I guess

Hoping to work this out eventually.
    You do know it's hearing protection gear, and not a headset, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    You do know it's hearing protection gear, and not a headset, right?
    Does it matter? He's just trying to import hats

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    I've done my first animation/facial expression test ever on a T posed model inside SFM.

Edited:

It's awesomely rubbish.

Basically I took 6 seconds range of the video, the face expression and hand changing position is 1 second long over 4,5 different instances. For my next try I'll use 0.5 of a second maybe this will bring better effects, and random body shaking so the model will not look stiff while standing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,948 Posts
    Looks like food's on his brain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Do you guys know how to change the models skin from red to blue? I always spawn it and it's red and I need a blue one.

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Do you guys know how to change the models skin from red to blue? I always spawn it and it's red and I need a blue one.
    So even if you spawn as the blue team, you're red?

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Easy enough to change. Find the model with the Dme editor and change "skin" to 1. I'll get a screenshot in a minute. This is also where you remove default hats by the way - by changing the bodygroup property.

Edit:

The specific location is clipBin/sequence/subClipTrackGroup/tracks/Film/children/shot/scene/children/take*/children/player_NAME/children/player_NAME_World Models/children/MODEL, but as you can see I just searched "pyro" to get to it.

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,231 Posts
    The specific location is clipBin/sequence/subClipTrackGroup/tracks/Film/children/shot/scene/children/take*/children/player_NAME/children/player_NAME_World Models/children/MODEL, but as you can see I just searched "pyro" to get to it.
    By the way, searching is the only way for me, because if I just browse I only get ..._Channelclip in which I can't change much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Russian Federation Show Events

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    There's two locations that have similar children. One is clipBin/sequence/subClipTrackGroup/tracks/Film/children/shot/scene/children/take*/children and the other is clipBin/sequence/subClipTrackGroup/tracks/Film/children/shot/trackGroups/take*/tracks. The first is for the actual models and bone hierarchy. The second is where it stores all the animation frames and the channels which copy the values around to the correct location.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts

I does not work for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Changing that number to 2 or 3 gives them ubercharge skin, pretty cool

38. Post #678
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Looks like you're editing the animationSets copy. You probably need to edit the model's actual value, in the location above. Or just cycle through a few more search results!

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Looks like you're editing the animationSets copy. You probably need to edit the model's actual value, in the location above. Or just cycle through a few more search results!
    Checked them, and still does not work.

Edited:

I have checked in 'scene' and 'animationSets'.

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I'll give it a test then with animation sets enabled. There might be a channel that's overriding the value with a logged value.

Also, was just trying something with the sniper and found that the medic's domination lines seem to have replaced his. Likely my mistake (though not sure how), but funny nonetheless.

Edit: Got it. It's exactly what I expected - a channel logged a single skin value and is then overriding the version in all other locations. I expect that you could change the value, then add an animation set and it'd work, but it's easy enough to do even after adding the animation set. I'll write up a full tutorial in a minute as the explanation is a bit long.