1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I think it depends on how many puppets you have. You only had the Scout for the water scenes right Markntosh?
    Yah, I only had the Scout.

Also unrelated, i remember you from the Whitehawk productions some time ago, how did that end up?
    Ah, well. The entire thing fell apart since there was little leadership and I really couldn't commit to being a part of a big group. I have a life outside my video games, which gets in the way at times. Most notably I have a band director from hell who wants us to eat, sleep, and breathe band and then some.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    ic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

3. Post #763
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    You know, if it is due to overlapping water brushes (which can be quickly tested!) then it's probably possible to just remove them with the Dme Element Editor.

Also, has anyone tried recording a scene in nucleus? I used a console command to extend the bridges, but they didn't show up in the recording.
    Anything that involves a new gamemode probably won't work...

And yeah, those are multiple water brushes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #764
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    Woo, first faceposing.
    Like I said in the description, I had planned to make him move around a bit, but I got lazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Anything that involves a new gamemode probably won't work...

And yeah, those are multiple water brushes.
    I know, but the bridges do show up in game and function fine - they're func_doors I believe. Only issue is it won't record them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I know, but the bridges do show up in game and function fine - they're func_doors I believe. Only issue is it won't record them
    Possibly the same issue behind respawn doors not always showing up?

7. Post #767
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Possibly the same issue behind respawn doors not always showing up?
    No that's a UI/user error.

Could it be you used the ent_remove on the door somehow (like a autoexec that somehow runs "ent_remove all")

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    More faceposing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    May 2010
    60 Posts
    Mainly short clips, only got it today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    More faceposing.
    You should smooth your animations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    Mainly short clips, only got it today
    last video: not cool man :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    May 2010
    60 Posts
    Yeah sorry, any idea how i can remove the red plasma that seems to be coming off the water in the trench?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    You should smooth your animations
    I'll try that on my next one. Speaking of which, is it possible to record a clip longer than sixty seconds?

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    I'll try that on my next one. Speaking of which, is it possible to record a clip longer than sixty seconds?
    Yeah, just stretch the timeline. For me though, at a point, it starts lagging like crazy and crashes shortly after.

You can't render for more than 60 seconds though, AFAIK.

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    Yeah, just stretch the timeline. For me though, at a point, it starts lagging like crazy and crashes shortly after.

You can't render for more than 60 seconds though, AFAIK.
    Kinda defeats the purpose then, doesn't it -.-'

I did try stretching the timeline tough. The screen just goes black after the sixty second mark. Oh well, guess I'll just have to make the best of it.

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Kinda defeats the purpose then, doesn't it -.-'

I did try stretching the timeline tough. The screen just goes black after the sixty second mark. Oh well, guess I'll just have to make the best of it.
    You have to stretch the blue rectangle inside it too.

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    Oh, OK.

One more question, I'd like to use some dynamic lighting it but I can't seem to edit any of the light's values.. I can get it set up just fine, but once it's up I can't make it bigger or anything. I just don't see where to change the values. I followed the path in the tutorial to the letter and I'm in the right place, I just seem to be missing something..

18. Post #778
    May 2010
    60 Posts
    there's two values, 45 and 45, change them, intensity will only make it brighter not larger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    there's two values, 45 and 45, change them, intensity will only make it brighter not larger
    You realize there's other stuff that can be changed, right?

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Been listening to the Incredibles OST non-stop for the last couple days and it's compelled me to make something with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

21. Post #781
    May 2010
    60 Posts
    You realize there's other stuff that can be changed, right?
    um obviously you said you wanted to change the size...

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    um obviously you said you wanted to change the size...
    And your response:

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Hey just a minor question, what was the method to fix the new maps for sfm? And any instructions for importing player models? (eg. l4d2)

As a side note, i already know how to get the new weapon models into sfm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Hey just a minor question, what was the method to fix the new maps for sfm? And any instructions for importing player models? (eg. l4d2)

As a side note, i already know how to get the new weapon models into sfm.
    Custom maps & fixing player models, on the wiki:

http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...gs#Custom_Maps

As for importing player models, if it's already a custom model for tf2 it's fine. If it's for another source game, the skeleton is probably off and it won't work.

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Custom maps & fixing player models, on the wiki:

http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...gs#Custom_Maps

As for importing player models, if it's already a custom model for tf2 it's fine. If it's for another source game, the skeleton is probably off and it won't work.
    what about just simply creating a new animation set and animating him from a t-pose?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    what about just simply creating a new animation set and animating him from a t-pose?
    Not sure, I haven't tried that. Hex the model and post the results!

27. Post #787
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

28. Post #788
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Been listening to the Incredibles OST non-stop for the last couple days and it's compelled me to make something with it.
    I already tried. Nothing came up.
    I also tried using Killers songs.
    And much. much. more. (I've listened to so much stuff to try to pair up with SFM content that I forget most of it)

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Not sure, I haven't tried that. Hex the model and post the results!
    well i'd love to but i don't have the l4d2 authoring tools (if i do need them). Any clearing instrutions / elaborations to "hex the model"? or do you just mean open it in notepad and delete $yellow (or something similar to yellow).
    And the reason i asked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Eid...os=iuWjzy6B5Sc

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    well i'd love to but i don't have the l4d2 authoring tools (if i do need them). Any clearing instrutions / elaborations to "hex the model"? or do you just mean open it in notepad and delete $yellow (or something similar to yellow).
    And the reason i asked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Eid...os=iuWjzy6B5Sc
    Croshi made that, and he used to post a bit in the thread too, you could probably ask him about it.

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Looking good so far. Incredibles music really fits.

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Looking good so far. Incredibles music really fits.
    The plan is to have the Scout grab the intel, and have an alarm go off as this song plays from 2:20 til the end with an epic escape sequence from the Blu base

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IekwaN1xCaU#t=02m20s

I'll have to save it for another day though. I've got a lot of homework to do today :(

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    The Scout is pink, compression?

Edited:

The music fits really well

35. Post #795
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    Somethin else. I was in a hurry to make this.

The other one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    You should post your newer one here (as in this thread), too - it's funnier! Both are pretty neat - seems that Spongebob is a good SFM resource.

37. Post #797
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    You should post your newer one here (as in this thread), too - it's funnier! Both are pretty neat - seems that Spongebob is a good SFM resource.
    I made a thread for it already, but ok.
    Also, yes spongebob is an excellent resource lol.
    There's alot you can do with it. I've got more ideas involving spongebob + sfm but I'd rather do something else.

Another Video
    Demo Singing Time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,937 Posts
    So... Two new questions.

First off, was there ever any progress getting hats working? I kinda stumbled across how to load the models in the SFM and get them in the world. Then I remembered that someone had talked about it before. Basically what I'm wondering now is if it's possible to attach them to a character's bones yet.

My other question,
    He got the Spy's headshot animation to play there. How? If I try to add a Spy in while creating an animation set, I can see the headshot animation in the sequences list, I just don't know how to get it to play in the recording.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    My other question,
    He got the Spy's headshot animation to play there. How? If I try to add a Spy in while creating an animation set, I can see the headshot animation in the sequences list, I just don't know how to get it to play in the recording.
    Maybe he just added the Spy animation as a taunt.

Edited:

Also, continuing my series of dancing classes, i made the Spy moonwalk and please criticize the animation only. (It's at 48 FPS which is the reason it's so slow)
    Front: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1650946/Moon-walk_1.mov
    Side: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1650946/Moon-walk%20side.mov
    Don't mind the feet going through the ground it will be somewhat fixed when i make the video.

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,948 Posts
    Maybe he just added the Spy animation as a taunt.

Edited:

Also, continuing my series of dancing classes, i made the Spy moonwalk and please criticize the animation only. (It's at 48 FPS which is the reason it's so slow)
    Front: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1650946/Moon-walk_1.mov
    Side: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1650946/Moon-walk%20side.mov
    Don't mind the feet going through the ground it will be somewhat fixed when i make the video.
    Make his hips rotate side to side with the movement of his legs. That should fix his upper torso being incredibly stiff (doesn't move at all). My memory may be off, but there may also be a bit of "snap" to the movement, where a leg snaps quicker to straight. Otherwise, it's looking pretty damned good.