1. Post #921
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    What is this cleaner tool and how do I use it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Well, SFM seems to be miraculously working again, without me doing a thing.

Anyway. How do I replace animations? I have a friend who wants an animated GIF of the spy crab taunt from SFM, but I have to replace the existing Spy Taunt in order to make it work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #923
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    It's working for me too. I didn't do anything. lol

Edit: custom maps aren't working for me now. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,022 Posts
    Well, SFM seems to be miraculously working again, without me doing a thing.

Anyway. How do I replace animations? I have a friend who wants an animated GIF of the spy crab taunt from SFM, but I have to replace the existing Spy Taunt in order to make it work.
    Simply replace the old spy with the new one. The animations are stored in spy_animations.mdl

5. Post #925
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    And now it's not working again... hmm... Maybe I did something.

6. Post #926
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    what does that have to do with adding bots???
    Are you retarded or what? Do you know what a console command is then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hong Kong Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    ure teachingme the syntax of binding commands.. not how to add bots in a map...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Are you retarded or what? Do you know what a bot is then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

9. Post #929
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    And now it's not working again... hmm... Maybe I did something.
    It stopped working for me too.

10. Post #930
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    I have been using SFM for a little bit now I just finished this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Are you going to make a Pokemon battle, cause that'd be pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Are you going to make a Pokemon battle, cause that'd be pretty cool.
    I was thinking about it actually lol.

Except now when ever I load a map on SFM it crashes anybody have some ideas for a fix? :(

13. Post #933
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    To anyone that might be crashing while attempting to load maps. I think I found a solution. I had to unplug my router. For me, every time I want to load a map, I have to unplug my router.

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I'm away from my computer and the only access I have to SFM is over Teamviewer. Damn.

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Solution found, I think! If your SFM is crashing on map load then delete or rename tf/motd.txt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #936
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    To anyone that might be crashing while attempting to load maps. I think I found a solution. I had to unplug my router. For me, every time I want to load a map, I have to unplug my router.

Solution found, I think! If your SFM is crashing on map load then delete or rename tf/motd.txt.
    Thanks I will try both solutions.

Edited:

I just tried you're solution first Metroid and it worked! :D

Edited:

Is there anyway to fix the error for the saw blades as seen in the video below?

Can I just extract all the models from my GCF and put them in the beta folders?

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    Probably that. Looks to me like you got the materials and maps but left out the models.

Just extract the models into your SFM folder and it should fix that.

On an unrelated note... You seem to have figured out how to fix the crashing people were getting, but did anyone find out how to export stuff again? I'm getting the same problems Markntosh seems to have been getting a while back..

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I do believe Metroid's solution works.

Once again, thanks to Metroid for saving the day.

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts

Which one? There were several.

20. Post #940
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    The one about motd.txt.

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    Yeah I tried that one. Didn't work for me.

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Worked for me. Or so it seemed. I only tried it once.

23. Post #943
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Yeah deleting the motd file worked for me as well.

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    I am not as fortunate as you, it would seem.

Yeah deleting the motd file worked for me as well.
    Or you

25. Post #945
    January 2010
    245 Posts

He wouldn't have found out if it weren't for me. :D

26. Post #946
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    Now I'm annoyed.

I've deleted the motd.txt, that didn't work. I reinstalled the filmmaker, that didn't work.

I'm lost.

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Yes, you can. Note that you will have to extract the materials as well and run a conversion script for them. The details can be found on the SFM wiki.

He wouldn't have found out if it weren't for me. :D
    Yup, thanks for the help debugging!

did anyone find out how to export stuff again? I'm getting the same problems Markntosh seems to have been getting a while back..
    Yeah I tried that one. Didn't work for me.

Wait, so are you crashing on map load or unable to export? The motd bit only fixes the first one.

If you're having problems exporting, make sure it's to tga sequence (and you have the hdd space) first. If it still isn't working, try this patch order:

Code:
    	patch_tf2_07-09... (skip tf/bin folder)
    	TF2_Hotfix
    	FINAL_FIXx_ADVANCED
    	enginetools
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

28. Post #948
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    oh, and sorry if i'm late, but i'm still rather confused at the idea of using this tool to convert new maps? I heard people mentioning that you have to modify sfm too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    It's more like installing a mod then modifying sfm.

You extract the models and materials folders from the current tf2 gcfs, then overwrite the sfm ones. However, due to changes since the beta, the materials are not compatible. So, you install python 2.0.6 and then run both of my scripts from the sfm tf directory. They update all the materials.

After that there's a couple quick fixes as mentioned on the wiki (mainly black player models) and you're good to go. You can also use custom maps.

Edit: I'm going to look at redoing some of the wiki tomorrow, to make a more centralized "here's how to get started" section with screenshot-supported tutorials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    It's more like installing a mod then modifying sfm.

You extract the models and materials folders from the current tf2 gcfs, then overwrite the sfm ones. However, due to changes since the beta, the materials are not compatible. So, you install python 2.0.6 and then run both of my scripts from the sfm tf directory. They update all the materials.

After that there's a couple quick fixes as mentioned on the wiki (mainly black player models) and you're good to go. You can also use custom maps.

Edit: I'm going to look at redoing some of the wiki tomorrow, to make a more centralized "here's how to get started" section with screenshot-supported tutorials.
    i was about to edit my post and say, "nvm, going to download 3.1.2".

So does it have to be 2.0.6?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

31. Post #951
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    i was about to edit my post and say, "nvm, going to download 3.1.2".

So does it have to be 2.0.6?
    Yes.

You could also remove all the lines that start with "print" from the script and 3.* would work. But then you wouldn't get to know what was changed.

32. Post #952
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    If it still isn't working, try this patch order:

Code:
    	patch_tf2_07-09... (skip tf/bin folder)
    	TF2_Hotfix
    	FINAL_FIXx_ADVANCED
    	enginetools
    Didn't work.

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Yes.

You could also remove all the lines that start with "print" from the script and 3.* would work. But then you wouldn't get to know what was changed.
    I'm confused. There's like Python 2.0.6 gdata, twilio, or someshit. so many versions @_@

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I'm confused. There's like Python 2.0.6 gdata, twilio, or someshit. so many versions @_@
    This is the one you want.

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Many thanks!

But isn't that technically 2.6.5?

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Many thanks!

But isn't that technically 2.6.5?
    Yeah. Apparently that's what I have installed as well - doesn't really matter though, as long as it's recent but not 3.*.

37. Post #957
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Just finished another video

Also here is my SFM playlist

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...56AA17E774C00F
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,928 Posts
    Well uh... Dunno what I did but it's working again..

Thanks for the help.

39. Post #959
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,581 Posts
    -snip-

40. Post #960
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    23,528 Posts
    The last one had some good music, but overall didn't look too animation-y: Just a heavy capturing the intel. It could use some more comedy/cosmic horror in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events