1. Post #961
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    The last one had some good music, but overall didn't look too animation-y: Just a heavy capturing the intel. It could use some more comedy/cosmic horror in my opinion.
    I have made better videos in the past with this one I wanted to mess with music more then animation.

Edited:

I am having a problem using Wav files in SFM they don't play when I load them. Any ideas??

btw I was able to use different sounds and they worked fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #962
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    I still need some ideas for a video. I've been putting off remaking chocolate with nuts from spongebob because it seems like a pretty daunting task, and I still only want to work with small clips.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

3. Post #963
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Another new video (more like a mini remake/test)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    no way.mp4:
    Darn teleporters - how do they work?

Edited:

By the way, this was done with some new operator/channel stuff. I'm not going to update the wiki today though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

5. Post #965
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,926 Posts
    Is there something special you have to do to add bots in? tf_bot_add doesn't work for me.

6. Post #966
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Is there something special you have to do to add bots in? tf_bot_add doesn't work for me.
    Sorry, how long have you had this game? That command was post-L4D.

The original command is bot. That's it. Bot.

Well, okay, you can be fancy and go:
    bot -team red -class engineer -name Cupcake

7. Post #967
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,926 Posts
    Sorry, how long have you had this game? That command was post-L4D.

The original command is bot. That's it. Bot.

Well, okay, you can be fancy and go:
    bot -team red -class engineer -name Cupcake
    Oh wow I'm an idiot.

I completely forgot about the original bot commands.. I had been messing around with the newer ones for so long that command just.. Eh, yeah. I forgot.

OK cool, thanks.

8. Post #968
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Bites has started a new group for Source Machinima (specifically SFM): Source Machinima Makers.
    Hopefully we can organize some group filming.

In regards to bots, here's my autoexec:

Code:
    sv_cheats 1
    mp_usehwmmodels 1
    mp_usehwmvcds 1
    exec fixTimer
    mat_picmip -10
    r_lod 0

mp_autoteambalance 0
    mp_enableroundwaittime 0
    mp_idlemaxtime 90
    mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0

tf_stats_track 0
    tf_flag_caps_per_round 0

bind h firstperson
    bind j thirdperson
    bind k kill
    bind o explode

bind f "impulse 100"

//Massive script - allows numpad to operate as either a class-changer or a bot controller
    //The prior is if the class buttons stop working
    //Class changer
    alias kp1_c "join_class scout"
    alias kp2_c "join_class soldier"
    alias kp3_c "join_class pyro"
    alias kp4_c "join_class demoman"
    alias kp5_c "join_class heavyweapons"
    alias kp6_c "join_class engineer"
    alias kp7_c "join_class medic"
    alias kp8_c "join_class sniper"
    alias kp9_c "join_class spy"

//Bot controller
    //First four are specifically for engies
    alias kp1_b "bot_command Bot01 build 3" //Sentry
    alias kp2_b "bot_command Bot01 build 0" //Dispenser
    alias kp3_b "bot_command Bot01 build 1" //Tele entrance
    alias kp4_b "bot_command Bot01 build 2" //Tele exit
    alias kp5_b "bot_refill"
    alias kp6_b "bot_mimic_yaw_offset 180"
    alias kp7_b "bot_mimic 0"
    alias kp8_b "bot_mimic 1"
    alias kp9_b "bot_mimic_yaw_offset 0"

//Switching
    alias kp_switch kp_b
    alias kp_c "alias kp1 kp1_c;alias kp2 kp2_c;alias kp3 kp3_c;alias kp4 kp4_c;alias kp5 kp5_c;alias kp6 kp6_c;alias kp7 kp7_c;alias kp8 kp8_c;alias kp9 kp9_c;alias kp_switch kp_b;say Using class binds"
    alias kp_b "alias kp1 kp1_b;alias kp2 kp2_b;alias kp3 kp3_b;alias kp4 kp4_b;alias kp5 kp5_b;alias kp6 kp6_b;alias kp7 kp7_b;alias kp8 kp8_b;alias kp9 kp9_b;alias kp_switch kp_c;say Using bot binds"

//Actual binding process
    alias kp1 kp1_c
    alias kp2 kp2_c
    alias kp3 kp3_c
    alias kp4 kp4_c
    alias kp5 kp5_c
    alias kp6 kp6_c
    alias kp7 kp7_c
    alias kp8 kp8_c
    alias kp9 kp9_c

bind KP_END kp1
    bind KP_DOWNARROW kp2
    bind KP_PGDN kp3
    bind KP_LEFTARROW kp4
    bind KP_5 kp5
    bind KP_RIGHTARROW kp6
    bind KP_HOME kp7
    bind KP_UPARROW kp8
    bind KP_PGUP kp9

bind "KP_MULTIPLY" "kp_switch"

bind KP_INS mp_forcerespawnplayers
    bind KP_DEL "join_team blue"
    bind KP_ENTER "join_team red"

//To fix the timer, press twice each map load
    bind "KP_SLASH" "exec fixTimer"

//Name
    setinfo name YOUR_NAME_HERE
    You can delete everything except the massive list of alias commands (and associated binds) if you want. Numpad #1-9 makes you switch to a specific class (kills you). Press * to switch to bot-control mode, in which keys #1-4 are engineer binds, #6&9 toggle if the bot faces you during mimic, #5 refills bot ammo&metal, and #7&8 toggles mimicking. Note that the build commands are for the first bot created, with a name of Bot01.

I also have fixTimer.cfg, which I run a couple times on each map load:

Code:
    sv_cheats 1
    mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1
    ent_fire team_round_timer pause

mp_flashlight 1
    r_flashlightscissor 0
    mat_support_flashlight 1
    The mat_support_flashlight command must be run on the menu though, if you want dynamic lights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

9. Post #969
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Do you have a fix for camera FOV?

Whats the LOD thing for?

10. Post #970
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    r_lod 0 prevents it from lowering model quality with distance.

View FOV switching when you're recording? Since it happens randomly I haven't tried working around it, but I'm guessing you could temporarily set the camera's FOV to 54. Never tested that solution but it's worth a try.

11. Post #971
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    What is the problem with the camera FOV?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

12. Post #972
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Egh, I think until I find some good audio, I'll just be making short comedic videos just using plain tf2. Expect a video within 3 hours.

13. Post #973
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Bites has started a new group for Source Machinima (specifically SFM): Source Machinima Makers.
    Hopefully we can organize some group filming.

14. Post #974
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Would anybody here know where the files for the ai of the tf2 bots are stored? I want to see if I could possibly get them into sfm. And I think it might be possible to use a very old build of sourcemod to work with tf2 beta, allowing us access to hidden variables.

Edited:

That's another thing, where can I get the first build of sourcemod that worked with tf2?

15. Post #975
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Just finished another video

Also here is my SFM playlist

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...56AA17E774C00F
    Just out of curiosity, what do I need to check to get the intel to show up? I could probably just play around with the settings but I feel like being lazy.

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I think you have to be in thirdperson when recording.

17. Post #977
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,518 Posts
    Can someone make me a new avatar?

I'd like a face shot of someone making a silly face wearing earbuds, or a hat if you've not gotten them.

18. Post #978
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Would anybody here know where the files for the ai of the tf2 bots are stored? I want to see if I could possibly get them into sfm.
    I think that's a full engine overhaul....

19. Post #979
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, what do I need to check to get the intel to show up? I could probably just play around with the settings but I feel like being lazy.
    Yeah I film all my videos in third person.

20. Post #980
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    What is the problem with the camera FOV?
    You know how if you press record it makes your 1st person FOV all narrow.

Also: whenever I film in 3rd it switches to the work camera...?

21. Post #981
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I have it randomly switch to work camera when I film, 1st or 3rd person.

So far I've yet to have it happen if I set it to record camera angles, so I just work around it by making sure everything is done before I do camera work. When I've had to add a recording, though, I've sometimes ended up with multiple still puppets due to that glitch.

22. Post #982
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,926 Posts
    Anyone know what causes this or if it's possible to avoid?

I get it at random times when trying to do animations and it makes it impossible to finish them.

23. Post #983
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    The rotation gizmo messes up a lot for me too. I usually just end up changing the camera angle over and over until it decides to work, or try dragging inside the regular circle to get at least some of the rotation done.

24. Post #984
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,926 Posts
    Behold, this marvelous piece of rushed crap from me.
    Eh, it would have been better but after four or five crashes and repeated glitches while trying to animate, I just kinda gave up. Also the Scout's face wouldn't move when I tried to facepose him so... Fuck my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #985
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    just finished another video

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

26. Post #986
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Anyone know what causes this or if it's possible to avoid?

I get it at random times when trying to do animations and it makes it impossible to finish them.
    It's normal and it depends on the angel you're doing it from. Try holding "Ctrl" while moving around and you can see how it changes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

27. Post #987
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    just finished another video

Dude, the hell? That's real old. The scout has the nailgun and the graphics look a little different. What did you do?

28. Post #988
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Probably used a nail gun skin and some beta lightwrap.

29. Post #989
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    There's a way to get lightwarp that way... it's in the commentary I think.

30. Post #990
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Dude, the hell? That's real old. The scout has the nailgun and the graphics look a little different. What did you do?
    I used these although I might change back to default skins and etc.

Nail gun skin

Beta skin pack

Hitmanxs beta style lightwarps

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

Okay, so who wants to figure out a guide on how to get animations from Maya and other 3D suites into the SFM, because clearly, we're missing something here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #992
    January 2010
    245 Posts

Okay, so who wants to figure out a guide on how to get animations from Maya and other 3D suites into the SFM, because clearly, we're missing something here.
    Yeah, I really really really wanna know how he does it. I've asked him twice before. No response. :(

33. Post #993
    July 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Yeah if someone knows how do animate in maya 2011 and export it into SFM they definitely need to make some sort of tutorial.

34. Post #994
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    He told me... but I'm not telling you guys because I value and respect his work, and he probably knows I'm one of the originals, which is probably why he told me.

Although I can't animate....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

35. Post #995
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    He told me... but I'm not telling you guys because I value and respect his work, and he probably knows I'm one of the originals, which is probably why he told me.

Dammit, man!

I don't know whether to commend you for your loyalty to him or condemn you for not sharing information that would make entertainment as a whole increase in quality.

36. Post #996
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

Oh great, Cloud's another AccidentalApocalypse.

"Hey guys I figured out how to do this awesome thing but I'm not going to tell anyone else how to do it because I don't want other people to be able to do it".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #997
    January 2010
    245 Posts

Well, that's just great. Let's not share info that can possibly help others make better videos.

38. Post #998
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Unsuccessful attempt at importing one of the default TF2 animations. Kind of creepy:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3797244/wtf.wmv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

39. Post #999
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    Unsuccessful attempt at importing one of the default TF2 animations. Kind of creepy:

lol i thought it was funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts

Considering the most common SFM joke, I'd call it a success!

VVV Perfect Example VVV

Also, am I the only one who thinks the colour correction on those Maya / Euphoria animated videos looks really bad? Anyway, as impressive as the animation itself usually is, importing can't be that complicated. I expect the bigger issue is that it needs Maya, which I'm going to look at setting up tomorrow to try to get it to work. It would save everyone some time though if he realized that keeping a secret like that is just silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)