1. Post #1201
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Parky stop trying to be Jimbomcb

And to all others, nothing makes me more mad than a video out of focus! Animate you focal points!

Edited:

Btw Cloud, nice one with the Maya tutorials and stuff. Maybe i won't use it, but i bet others will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1202
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    For some reason, I can't export my films. I make em, add actors, goto the export movie window, set my options, hit export, and it sends me back to the working window. No pop-up rendering window, nothing. Any help?
    Try rendering to TGAs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

3. Post #1203
    Dennab
    May 2009
    7,201 Posts
    Try rendering to TGAs.
    Nope, I tried all different kinds of options. TGA's, Resolution, ect ect. Each time the same thing. It worked for me the FIRST time I decided to render something, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

4. Post #1204
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Took a look through it and I have no idea what it's trying to do. As far as I can tell, there's no channels whatsoever that affect the bones. In addition, there are multiple "event_ramp" channels (even for sounds) which do NOT target any element, meaning they might as well not exist.

So it looks like a half-implemented feature. Or else it's just breaking with that vcd for some reason.

By the way, moving inside the mess produces some amazing abstract art:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

5. Post #1205
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    What do I do wrong? I have exported my animation from motion builder back to maya, exported it to dmx and tried to load in SFM but it pops me a message box that file does not contain any animation.
    You have to export the DMX as a skeletal animation.

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Whenever I try to load DMX exporter now, Maya gives me: 'error:the specific module cannot be found' - I have checked the paths, files and I don't know what might cause that.

7. Post #1207
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Whenever I try to load DMX exporter now, Maya gives me: 'error:the specific module cannot be found' - I have checked the paths, files and I don't know what might cause that.
    Yeah, mine started doing that too :\

8. Post #1208
    June 2010
    83 Posts
    Parky stop trying to be Jimbomcb

And to all others, nothing makes me more mad than a video out of focus! Animate you focal points!

Edited:

Btw Cloud, nice one with the Maya tutorials and stuff. Maybe i won't use it, but i bet others will.
    DKer since when did you have permission to talk to me like that

Edited:

and honestly ill make vids when i want to thanks

Edited:

and to render ppl use this
    http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley...g/huffyuv.html
    lossless codec, then encode to h.264

9. Post #1209
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    I don't know if it's related but it could be kinda like what was happening to me. Put fresh files into the sourcesdk/maya/scripts folder and see if it works. I know I had a problem with those files, causing a crash on export.

Since they're the only files that are actually modified (they're like settings files or something) they're the only ones to get corrupted. Hope it helps...

10. Post #1210
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    I don't know if it's related but it could be kinda like what was happening to me. Put fresh files into the sourcesdk/maya/scripts folder and see if it works. I know I had a problem with those files, causing a crash on export.

Since they're the only files that are actually modified (they're like settings files or something) they're the only ones to get corrupted. Hope it helps...
    not on the export, I cannot even load the script because the error pops, I check 'Loaded' and it will uncheck itself and then it pops the error message.

11. Post #1211
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    not on the export, I cannot even load the script because the error pops, I check 'Loaded' and it will uncheck itself and then it pops the error message.
    That's happened to me a couple times. Reloading maya fixed it however. Maybe try loading maya without the batch script, closing, and opening with batch script (you'll have to re-enable all the valve plugins)

12. Post #1212
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Still the same.

13. Post #1213
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    Still the same.

If you click the little icon next to the red error (on right) what does the script editor say?

14. Post #1214
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    file -f -new;
    // untitled //
    commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
    // mental ray for Maya 10.0
    // mental ray for Maya: using startup file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/maya.rayrc
    // mental ray for Maya: setup
    // mental ray for Maya: initialize
    // mental ray for Maya: using 1 license
    // mental ray for Maya: register extensions
    // mental ray Node Factory: loaded
    // mental ray for Maya: successfully registered
    // mental ray for Maya: loading startup file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/maya.rayrc
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/AdskShaderSDKWrappers.mi
    // generating Maya nodes...
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/architectural.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/architectural.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/base.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/base.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/contour.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/contour.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/paint.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/paint.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/physics.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/physics.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/production.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/production.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/subsurface.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/subsurface.dll
    // parsing C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/include/surfaceSampler.mi
    // loading C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/mentalray/lib/surfaceSampler.dll
    updateRendererUI;
    updateRendererUI;
    // Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/bin/plug-ins/vsMaster.mll
    The specified module could not be found.
    //
    // Error: The specified module could not be found.
    //
    (vsMaster) //
    // Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/oktawiusz1024/sourcesdk/maya/2009/plug-ins/vsMaster.mll
    //
    //
    (vsMaster) //
    // Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2009/bin/plug-ins/vsMaster.mll
    //
    //
    (vsMaster) //
    //
    //
    (vsMaster) //
    Edited:

Basically it does not recognize the file, no matter of the location.

15. Post #1215
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    Edited:

Basically it does not recognize the file, no matter of the location.
    Looks like the batch script isn't working. It's trying the default location rather than the sourcesdk location. Are you running the batch script runmaya.bat? Maybe copying the dlls into the path it looks in would fix it...

Edit: never mind, it's not finding them even in the valve folder. Odd... I assume those files ARE actually there?

16. Post #1216
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Looks like the batch script isn't working. It's trying the default location rather than the sourcesdk location. Are you running the batch script runmaya.bat? Maybe copying the dlls into the path it looks in would fix it...

Edit: never mind, it's not finding them even in the valve folder. Odd... I assume those files ARE actually there?
    Yep they are in there, and I did not change the location I only have copied plug-in files into maya after this error started to happen with luck this might fix something, but it didn't - everything is at the defaults.

It does not read the sdk's path to the script nor in the bin/plug-in in maya folder.

17. Post #1217
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    100 Posts
    I had the error that the module couldn't be found a few days ago, i fixed it by refreshing the SDK content.
    About your dmx saying it has no animation, only reason i can think of that happening is you renamed the bones, make sure the names in the animation file and the bones on the model match exactly.
    Also if you applied a namespace to your bones in motionbuilder, make sure you remove it before exporting.

18. Post #1218
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,258 Posts
    To whoever was remaking that Beta trailer, please continue with it :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    I had the error that the module couldn't be found a few days ago, i fixed it by refreshing the SDK content.
    About your dmx saying it has no animation, only reason i can think of that happening is you renamed the bones, make sure the names in the animation file and the bones on the model match exactly.
    Also if you applied a namespace to your bones in motionbuilder, make sure you remove it before exporting.

It works.

Edited:

Thank you.

20. Post #1220
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    To whoever was remaking that Beta trailer, please continue with it :3:
    Ha, i completely forgot about that. We'll see

21. Post #1221
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    Can anyone help me, I load a map, but when I click Work Camera to move and record a scene, the screen is still black.
    Ive tried:
    Moving it around to see if it's out of the map, no luck
    Trying to add a camera, no luck

Any help?

22. Post #1222
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Have you moved the blue time marker so that it is over a clip? If you move it off of a clip, the screen goes back and you can't do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1223
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    I tried that, but still completely black. :(

24. Post #1224
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    I tried that, but still completely black. :(
    Why don't you post a screenshot of your complete SFM including the timeline. We could see if there's something obvious you're missing...

25. Post #1225
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,293 Posts
    Well i didn't use SFM for a bit , so i thought i'd make something.

And all of a sudden

BAM

And then after i click ok

BAM nr2

Anyone know how to fix this?

26. Post #1226
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    Well i didn't use SFM for a bit , so i thought i'd make something.

And all of a sudden

BAM

And then after i click ok

BAM nr2

Anyone know how to fix this?
    I think I get that first error if I'm not running steam (but sfm runs fine afterward). That's all I can think of.

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,293 Posts
    I think I get that first error if I'm not running steam (but sfm runs fine afterward). That's all I can think of.

My steam was running when i tried launching sfm.

28. Post #1228
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I haven't seen that before - I sometimes get something similar to the first one, except it's relating to being unable to lock a resource (aka sfm still works fine).

Anyway, what patches did you apply?

29. Post #1229
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,293 Posts
    I haven't seen that before - I sometimes get something similar to the first one, except it's relating to being unable to lock a resource (aka sfm still works fine).

Anyway, what patches did you apply?

I didn't apply anything to it.

30. Post #1230
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    I didn't apply anything to it.
    You do know you need to patch the default install of beta TF2 to get it working, right? If not, google it.

31. Post #1231
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,293 Posts
    You do know you need to patch the default install of beta TF2 to get it working, right? If not, google it.
    I think i did apply something when i first instaled sfm , i don't know why it's not working now.

32. Post #1232
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,860 Posts
    Have a nice trip.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

33. Post #1233
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    motionbuilder still doesnt work for me. crashes every time after I rig the character. :/

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    Why don't you post a screenshot of your complete SFM including the timeline. We could see if there's something obvious you're missing...

Any idea what's wrong with my SFM?
    Work camera and active camera are ALWAYS black :(

35. Post #1235
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    What happens when you press F11, then F10? Does the player view still work?

36. Post #1236
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    872 Posts
    As in if i'm just playing the game normally? That works, yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #1237
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,951 Posts
    I really like the music.
    I would have had the camera zoom in at the beginning but I was having some trouble with the field of view slider.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #1238
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    needs more facial expressions.

39. Post #1239
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    My first real MotionBuilder animation test.

With some mistakes of course, but finally I managed to do it properly.

40. Post #1240
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    My first real MotionBuilder animation test.

With some mistakes of course, but finally I managed to do it properly.
    I'd suggest hitting the smooth a couple more times to make the jerking a little more subtle.