1. Post #1321
    July 2010
    1 Posts
    Hi, I'm pretty new to SFM and I don't know anything beyond the basics. Here's my first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p65g8r9FZyw

Does anyone know how to make the quality better? The videos I've seen seem to have excellent quality. Also, this was rendered with the highest motion blur and no DOF. I also did not put this through vegas/adobe or any other program. Thanks if anyone can help!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1322
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    so what else can we do with source mod?
    Not much. Basically we can spawn bots and teleport much quicker... that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

3. Post #1323
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    My question is if the signatures are correct for the beta. The newest versions of sourcemod / metamod load fine, it's just that many functions (such as CreateEntityByName if memory serves) won't work because the signature scanning fails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

4. Post #1324
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Quickie

Also have some sexy tf2 wallpaper http://i31.tinypic.com/k1t8ux.jpg
    The dispenser coming out of the mouth was After Effects right?

5. Post #1325
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    How do you animate the Depth of Focus, again?

6. Post #1326
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    How do you animate the Depth of Focus, again?
    Add an animation set to the camera. Search for "focal" in the DME Element Editor a few times. You should find "focalDistance_rescale", an ExpressionOperator. Change the lo / hi values for it to something reasonable (usually a couple thousand as the max).

Then you can animate it in the Animation Set Editor as usual.

Edit: Better terminology.

7. Post #1327
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Ah, thank you. I think I could put that on the wiki somewhere for easier access by myself and others.

8. Post #1328
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    100 Posts
    The dispenser coming out of the mouth was After Effects right?
    Sorta. Two clips cut together

9. Post #1329
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Ah, thank you. I think I could put that on the wiki somewhere for easier access by myself and others.
    Sure! I was going to make a proper Dme tutorial, but then I started playing Minecraft.

10. Post #1330
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Sure! I was going to make a proper Dme tutorial, but then I started playing Minecraft.
    Minecraft devours our life's.

11. Post #1331
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts

Look at me go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #1332
    December 2007
    8 Posts

Haha: The Engineer "FFFUUUUUUUUUU" That was epic, yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1333
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Hmm... cloaked spy. But it seems you suffer from the same issue I came here to ask about. There's faint outline with the Spy's cloak that makes it too easy to detect for cameras. I know that, in game, a fully cloaked RED spy is completely invisible to a BLU player, but that RED players still see the shimmer and outline. I assume the reason the cameras detect this is because they are considered spectators and therefore see the true side of everything.

I know there's a way to delete that shimmer, I just need to find it.

14. Post #1334
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    You could use sourcemod to change the friendly min cloak percentage! One sec and I'll find the variable.

Edit: Looks like it's tf_teammate_max_invis.

Edit2: You could also animate its visibility to manually make it invisible. That might be a bit lengthy a process though.

15. Post #1335
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,029 Posts
    Hmm... cloaked spy. But it seems you suffer from the same issue I came here to ask about. There's faint outline with the Spy's cloak that makes it too easy to detect for cameras. I know that, in game, a fully cloaked RED spy is completely invisible to a BLU player, but that RED players still see the shimmer and outline. I assume the reason the cameras detect this is because they are considered spectators and therefore see the true side of everything.

I know there's a way to delete that shimmer, I just need to find it.
    What about using a moving camera approach? Use a character of the opposite team as the camera? A little lengthy, but it might work.

16. Post #1336
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    What about using a moving camera approach? Use a character of the opposite team as the camera? A little lengthy, but it might work.
    An idea.

Edited:

You could use sourcemod to change the friendly min cloak percentage! One sec and I'll find the variable.

Edit: Looks like it's tf_teammate_max_invis.
    Don't have sourcemod. I need to get it.

Edit2: You could also animate its visibility to manually make it invisible. That might be a bit lengthy a process though.
    Hmm... if I make an animation set, will I be able to do that?

17. Post #1337
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Well you could always record the part where he fades out where you can see him fade out, and then record the exact same thing where you have moved him out of the picture, and then make it fade in a video editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1338
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Fuck. After all that, SFM crashed. Now I'm gonna have to re-film the scene... for the 5th or 6th time now...

So, before I start this up again, where is this sourcemod and how do I get it into SFM? tf_teammate_max_invis looks to be the easiest and most useful option here.

19. Post #1339
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Sourcemod instructions: http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1060 (Also on wiki, waaay at the bottom of the tips page)

Then you can just load up a map and use sm_cvar.

20. Post #1340
    July 2010
    129 Posts
    Finished this earlier today.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Artistic Artistic x 8 (list)

21. Post #1341
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,169 Posts
    Aside from the weird demoman walk that was very good.

22. Post #1342

I think it's pretty good for the first time

(Also tag list)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #1343
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts

Wow, that's actually pretty damn good. I'm impressed.

Edited:

Hmm... now the Spy still has light warping around him, making him somewhat visible. Must be a lighting issue or something. I've never seen it in the game, only in SFM. I dunno if SourceMod would have something for that.

Actually, it looks like something you'd see while a Spy is cloaking de-cloaking or being bumped into.

I've found a bunch of modifiers under

activeClip -> [stuff] -> Effects -> TE_DispatchEffect ParticleEffect default

that seem to control the effect, but I can't get it transparent, only screw around with it.

Has anyone here tried the cloaking thing before? How'd they get it to work?

24. Post #1344
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts

Tutorial soon when I get a few more things straightened out

25. Post #1345
    Fuck yes hurry up with it.

New video:

C&C

26. Post #1346
    July 2009
    240 Posts

Suddenly hats!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1347
    Is it possible to take away the black player's, my pyro gots the black's.

Also i want to put Sawmill map into my SFM is it possible?

28. Post #1348
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Is it possible to take away the black player's, my pyro gots the black's.
    http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...odels_and_Hats
    Also i want to put Sawmill map into my SFM is it possible?
    http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...gs#Custom_Maps
    First extract it from you retail TF2 with GCFScape.

Edited:
    Also 100th post. Woo-wee!

29. Post #1349

July 2010
    62 Posts
    Yay for making an account for this question! Although I will probably most more though.

Is there a way to add props or move them inside of a map in SFM? I want to place a chair somewhere on the map 2fort and want to make my character appear as if he is sitting on the chair. Is there any way I can do that? Been googling and searching in SFM but I have found nothing that says I can do that.

Alternatively, is there a way to move props already placed in a map.

30. Post #1350
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts

Yay! How'd you keep stuff from disappearing when you parented?

Edited:

Yay for making an account for this question! Although I will probably most more though.

Is there a way to add props or move them inside of a map in SFM? I want to place a chair somewhere on the map 2fort and want to make my character appear as if he is sitting on the chair. Is there any way I can do that? Been googling and searching in SFM but I have found nothing that says I can do that.

Alternatively, is there a way to move props already placed in a map.
    Right click the clip and choose "Create Animation Set", then New Model, then choose a chair. You can then refer to the Animation tutorial to see how to use the Animation Set Editor, which will let you move the chair around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #1351
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    Grr, I am, once again, getting crashes with the DMX exporter. I have removed all the stuff in the sourcesdk/maya folder and replaced with fresh GCF copies but its still crashing. I verified the GCFs to be sure as well.

If only there was a better dmx exporter...

32. Post #1352
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    nothin fancy.....Hallelujah!!

33. Post #1353
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Hmm...

There seems to be an issue with certain effects in SFM. When cloaks are recorded, it records the light-distortion, but instead keeps it throughout the cloak. I've also noticed that ubercharges, or at least those caused by switching skin numbers via the DME Editor, also have the flashing as if they're about to die instead of a continuous shiny red or blue. Anybody know what's up with this?

34. Post #1354
    Needed more bodies

and a bit too slow.

35. Post #1355
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Needed more bodies

and a bit too slow.
    edbotnik did something similar to that. he had a LOT more bodies fall down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5xpGrLxOCc

36. Post #1356
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Needed more bodies

and a bit too slow.

bodies are too little agreed....besides it was the first time i was using the button "k" to split recordings, so i kinda messed up on that.. and i was aiming for a slow motion effect....

Edited:

I was aiming for the DJY1991 raining men theme from "the idots of garrysmod".. really enjoyed it!

37. Post #1357
    DiF
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    Whenever I export a movie, it gets stuck on 100% with 0 seconds left :\

38. Post #1358
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts
    Whenever I export a movie, it gets stuck on 100% with 0 seconds left :\
    are you exporting sound, too?

Notice that the raining bodies are BLU!

39. Post #1359
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    PUMPED UP FOR THE SDK UPDATE!!!!! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4081/

:PUMPED:

Edited:

hmmm.. this question has been in my head since the discovery of SFM..
    How come we out tf in SFM
    and not SFM in tf
    that way we can import the tool to any other source game right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

40. Post #1360
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)