1. Post #1361
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Oh my god this is incredible. that was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1362
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,191 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1363
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    PUMPED UP FOR THE SDK UPDATE!!!!! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4081/

:PUMPED:

Edited:

hmmm.. this question has been in my head since the discovery of SFM..
    How come we out tf in SFM
    and not SFM in tf
    that way we can import the tool to any other source game right?
    SFM is hardcoded to work only with the files of TF2 beta

I have been told this so do not mad at me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #1364
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1365
    Final got all the new maps in

Bah that was an effort well for me

But yer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

6. Post #1366
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,665 Posts
    So - I've been messing with the Source Filmmaker for a while and I feel like I can take on my first serious machinima thing. Just compiled a few animations to use. Can I import .vcd's for the actors to play out?

EDIT:

gah faceposer is broken, uh oh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

7. Post #1367
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    Excellent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

8. Post #1368
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    did any one notice that the alien swarm launch trailer has been done in SFM?
    Have a look over here..
    www.alienswarm.com

Their dynamic shadows look awesome if you ask me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

9. Post #1369
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    So - I've been messing with the Source Filmmaker for a while and I feel like I can take on my first serious machinima thing. Just compiled a few animations to use. Can I import .vcd's for the actors to play out?

EDIT:

gah faceposer is broken, uh oh
    Actually Faceposer should be working now, valve fixed it up nicely. Make sure game content is refreshed though.

10. Post #1370
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,027 Posts
    Actually Faceposer should be working now, valve fixed it up nicely. Make sure game content is refreshed though.
    Noticed this myself, SO happy at the moment.

Now to execute .vcds in SFM...

11. Post #1371
    DiF
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    are you exporting sound, too?
    Yes, I'm exporting it in 720p, and the files I'm exporting it in are .avi and .wav.
    I've also tried just .tga and wav and also all of them but none of them seem to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #1372
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,665 Posts
    Have a look over here..
    www.alienswarm.com

Yeah I noticed it was SFM as well, it looked really awesome. I can't wait to toy with the real thing after the entire Meet the Team has been released.

Nope. Still doesn't work. Trying to lipsync in the phoneme editor, when I try to edit the phoneme lengths, shit crashes. Oh and it's sort of slow and laggy for some reason when trying to play up sounds and such
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1373
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    100 Posts

Oh god what did sfm do to my scene file.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #1374
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,665 Posts

vagidic ftw
    Hey - are you using the phoneme editor anything? That makes me crash but everything else seems to work fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

15. Post #1375
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts

he looks pretty smug to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

16. Post #1376
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    Yes, I'm exporting it in 720p, and the files I'm exporting it in are .avi and .wav.
    I've also tried just .tga and wav and also all of them but none of them seem to work.
    No, use .tga and .wav SEPEREATLLY from each other. And if it won't render anything at all, restart source film maker.

17. Post #1377
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Whenever I export a movie, it gets stuck on 100% with 0 seconds left :\
    You need to have sv_cheats 1 when you export.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

18. Post #1378
    I'll give SFM a chance. I am surprised as I download torrent at highest speed possible, which is pretty uncommon thing to me.
    And it isn't illegal because I do own TF2, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

19. Post #1379
    January 2010
    126 Posts
    Noticed this myself, SO happy at the moment.

Now to execute .vcds in SFM...
    You have two options: Use the "playgamesound" command, which takes the .wav files as a command, or, replace a taunt or voice menu command VCD with your own. The nice part about the VCD method is it's timed properly with the VCD and you can use multiple bots and wav files with it if you give the bots' entities names.

The "import faceposer vcd" option has yet to work properly for me. I just get a polygon mush (the models at position, angle 0).

And, of course, tf_testvcd is not in the Beta version. :(

20. Post #1380
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Have a look over here..
    www.alienswarm.com

I only think the cinematic moments were. The gameplay parts have no motion blur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1381
    All right, 33% so far. Maybe I will finish downloading this before Alien Swarm will be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

22. Post #1382
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I'll give SFM a chance. I am surprised as I download torrent at highest speed possible, which is pretty uncommon thing to me.
    And it isn't illegal because I do own TF2, right?
    Only if you had the TF2 Beta. Else it's illegal.

Actually, it may be illegal anyway since you didn't back up the TF2 Beta files yourself.

Edited:

You have two options: Use the "playgamesound" command, which takes the .wav files as a command, or, replace a taunt or voice menu command VCD with your own. The nice part about the VCD method is it's timed properly with the VCD and you can use multiple bots and wav files with it if you give the bots' entities names.

The "import faceposer vcd" option has yet to work properly for me. I just get a polygon mush (the models at position, angle 0).

And, of course, tf_testvcd is not in the Beta version. :(
    So, does this mean work in Faceposer requires the use of the console and long command typing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1383
    Only if you had the TF2 Beta. Else it's illegal.

Actually, it may be illegal anyway since you didn't back up the TF2 Beta files yourself.
    It's a bit shitty situation, but meh.

Edited:

All right, 40%. It's late now, I'm off to sleep.

24. Post #1384
    Really wonder how Valve is doing with Meet the Pyro, said we'd see the world through the pyros eyes. Or could the camera be attached to his flamethrower? If so I hope the Civilian helped attach it

Hey, you've got my avatar! :argh:
    Not my fault, tried to find a version that doesn't have the white background and does have yellow around the "17". Bet it's from Raising The Bar, but the only way to get that logo to not cross the line of resolution is to COMPRESS it and I don't want it to lose quality... Never mind, I'm using the Half-Life 2 Beta metrocop arm logo now

Yes, because the Pyro's eyes are on his flamethrower and not inside of his gas mask.
    Madness! That would make Pyro more like a monster than a human, just 3 aliens like the Vortigaunt, Houndeye and Bullsquid is fine

25. Post #1385
    Hey, you've got my avatar! :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #1386
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    Really wonder how Valve is doing with Meet the Pyro, said we'd see the world through the pyros eyes. Or could the camera be attached to his flamethrower? If so I hope the Civilian helped attach it
    Yes, because the Pyro's eyes are on his flamethrower and not inside of his gas mask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1387
    DiF
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    No, use .tga and .wav SEPEREATLLY from each other. And if it won't render anything at all, restart source film maker.
    Thanks Croshi, it works perfectly :-)

28. Post #1388
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    lolwut??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

29. Post #1389
    July 2009
    6 Posts
    Pandamobile here (stuck on a friend's computer) Has anyone ever solved the issue with SFM only rendering a 44 byte corrupted sound file?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

30. Post #1390
    July 2010
    129 Posts

A quick one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

31. Post #1391
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    328 Posts
    Hey, I haven't tried SFM yet, but I have some questions. I have an idea that involves using HL2 maps and models, and using them to create a battle scene between Combine an Rebels. I am aware you can't use HL2 npc's in TF2, so I would have to animate t-posed ragdolls of both teams.

So I have a few questions:

-Can you animate t-posed ragolls from HL2, including faceposing

-Can I add some particle emmiter for blood and gunfire, since the weapons are really just props attached to the ragdoll, and ragdolls do not have blood.

-Can I add the effect of bullets flying between the fight, the same effect that any gun uses once fired (like the minigun) If not I guess I can hide myself multiple times and and shoot, backing up the illusion that the Rebels and Combine are shooting at each other.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, I don't know if this helps, but a friend of mine decompiled all the L4D2 maps, including the passing.

Edit2: Updated link, same as the one in the 36'th page.

http://nuclearvelocity.com/barracuda...d2mapsrc_v3.7z (You need 7-Zip to extract)

If someone could open it up in the TF2 SDK, and compile it there, etc (python scripts and stuff), we might be able to use SMF in L4D2 maps. But I'm so expert, just trying to help. Be nice :)

32. Post #1392
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    -Can you animate t-posed ragolls from HL2, including faceposing
    Yes, but it would be very hard as you'd have to make an idle position for them first(aka standing them up), then continue on animating.

-Can I add some particle emmiter for blood and gunfire, since the weapons are really just props attached to the ragdoll, and ragdolls do not have blood.
    No

-Can I add the effect of bullets flying between the fight, the same effect that any gun uses once fired (like the minigun) If not I guess I can hide myself multiple times and and shoot, backing up the illusion that the Rebels and Combine are shooting at each other.
    You'll have to use the second option. Actually, you could just stand inside a ragdoll and then root_transform yourself under the map along with your weapon. The particles should stay.
    Also: Not my work, but listen to this:
    I used "prop_dynamic_create combine_helicopter.mdl" to make the copter, then I looked at it* and put "ent_fire !picker setanimation idle" for the rotors.
    So could we do this with ANY model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1393
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    328 Posts
    No
    I've read the entire thread I heard you guys mention a particle emmiter, is it broken?

34. Post #1394
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    I've read the entire thread I heard you guys mention a particle emmiter, is it broken?
    I don't know of one you can produce, just that you can modify ones you've made while recording in the DME editor.

35. Post #1395
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    328 Posts
    I don't know of one you can produce, just that you can modify ones you've made while recording in the DME editor.
    What do you mean the ones I've made?

36. Post #1396
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    Also: Not my work, but listen to this:

So could we do this with ANY model?
    Yes

except he left out the easy part of naming it.

Also

prop_dynamic_create X
    ent_setname name (while looking at model)
    ent_fire name setanimation X
    ent_fire name skin <number> (if multiple skins)

PARENTING:
    ent_fire !self addoutput "targetname me"
    ent_fire name setparent me/name2 (you can attach to another prop too)
    ent_fire name disablecollision
    ent_fire name setparentattachment attachment (look in source sdk for parts of the parent you can attach too. For TF2 models, its 'head', 'flag', and 'partyhat.'

37. Post #1397
    Did anyone try to launch SFM along with Steam?

38. Post #1398
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    Did anyone try to launch SFM along with Steam?
    I did it all the time. As a matter of fact, I just did it for over an hour for a 100 subscriber video.

Expect drunken demomen! Confused video makers! Overwhelmingly inappropriate places to fall asleep!

(still processing)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1399
    Waiting for more people to answer.

40. Post #1400
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    I've had sfm for over four months and I've always used it with steam. If you think it gives voc bons, think again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events