1. Post #1441
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    i think.We better wait to publish valve film maker.Its better than go to jail for download illegal Tf2 Beta
    Lol, yeah, we're going to go to jail for using the TF2 Beta...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1442
    August 2009
    1,405 Posts
    i think.We better wait to publish valve film maker.Its better than go to jail for download illegal Tf2 Beta
    Haha, what are they gonna do? Send the cyber police on us?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #1443
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,560 Posts
    Haha, what are they gonna do? Send the cyber police on us?

Be cool. Pirating is for the fool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1444
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,049 Posts
    You can still earn achievements in the game, it's just a clientside thing. I don't think it would send Steam a message, though I can't be sure.
    nope. i have "Impossible defense" as lastest achievement in my steam libary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Russian Federation Show Events

5. Post #1445
    July 2010
    129 Posts

Another video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1446
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I do not think the retail Source Filmmaker will come out EVEN if Meet the Medic and Pyro are finished and released, they probably only want it for THEMSELVES. And I noticed in Meet the Demoman that they kept the OLDEST grenade behavior (After bouncing, it explodes on contact with enemy player)
    Why does the grenade behavior have anything to do with anything? This is SFM and it's used for making trailers. Trailers, especially the Meet the Team videos, do not always reflect gameplay. In fact, I don't believe the Meet the Team videos EVER show real gameplay or anything that would even make remote sense in the game. The grenade bounce was probably staged, like almost everything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

7. Post #1447
    Bold
    Italics

Essayist

January 2006
    1,876 Posts
    Actually, that was THE grenade behavior when Meet the Demoman was released. It was changed shortly after (a textual note in the video even nodded to plans to do so)

Just sayin,

8. Post #1448
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,027 Posts
    Actually, that was THE grenade behavior when Meet the Demoman was released. It was changed shortly after (a textual note in the video even nodded to plans to do so)

Just sayin,
    That still doesn't explain why Valve would hypothetically keep it to themselves.

9. Post #1449

September 2009
    39 Posts
    guys, I want to recreate the famous nope.avi for use as a .vcd taunt. Im assuming that after you recreate it you use the "export .vcd" button. I got the hat to go up separately from the neck/head , but when i try to raise the neck/head the hat raises too. there has to be a way for the neck/head to go up separatly from the hat. Is there?

10. Post #1450
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,027 Posts
    guys, I want to recreate the famous nope.avi for use as a .vcd taunt. Im assuming that after you recreate it you use the "export .vcd" button. I got the hat to go up separately from the neck/head , but when i try to raise the neck/head the hat raises too. there has to be a way for the neck/head to go up separatly from the hat. Is there?
    I had a similar problem in a scene I'm running.

My biggest problem at the moment: Dynamic lighting.

I follow the steps back on one of the first few pages, but the lighting just doesn't show.
    :/

11. Post #1451
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    No. You just move the hat down the same amount as the head goes up.

Edited:

I follow the steps back on one of the first few pages, but the lighting just doesn't show.
    When you click your desired key to activate the flashlight, does the "tick" sound appear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

12. Post #1452
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,371 Posts

Add me on steam, bbcakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

13. Post #1453

September 2009
    39 Posts
    now i got a new problem. I'm not sure that the export .vcd function work. can somebody verify this?

edit: the strange part is is that it appears to be saving (takes a few seconds) but when i check the folder, it doesn't appear. I'm assuming SOMETHING is happening, but i don't know what.

14. Post #1454
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    Robin doesn't give a crap, many and/or some of us have e-mailed him.

15. Post #1455
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    now i got a new problem. I'm not sure that the export .vcd function work. can somebody verify this?

edit: the strange part is is that it appears to be saving (takes a few seconds) but when i check the folder, it doesn't appear. I'm assuming SOMETHING is happening, but i don't know what.
    Where are you saving it to? Try saving it to a folder other than root/tf or an root/tf/subdirectories.

16. Post #1456

September 2009
    39 Posts
    i originally saved it to root/tf/scenes. Your suggestion didn't work, i tried to save it in root, and i tried to save it in a folder C:\games but neither worked

17. Post #1457
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    You have admin access, right? Sv_cheats is set to 1, right?

18. Post #1458

September 2009
    39 Posts
    tried the sv_cheats 1, still doesn't work.

19. Post #1459
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Markntosh, can you get the VCD exporter to work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

20. Post #1460
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Honestly, I've never tried it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #1461
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    I just think i remember some guys discussing it a bit in the old thread and they couldn't get it to work either. And neither can i. Same problem as Danfun, it doesn't save anything.

22. Post #1462
    February 2009
    257 Posts
    I already recorded my scene and I want to add a .VCD for the character to say, how can I do this without replacing one of the taunts and re-making the whole thing? Because I tried replacing the taunts but it still did not work.

23. Post #1463
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    I already recorded my scene and I want to add a .VCD for the character to say, how can I do this without replacing one of the taunts and re-making the whole thing? Because I tried replacing the taunts but it still did not work.
    You can't. At least we haven't figured out a way yet besides replacing a taunt (I THINK, if Croshi gives us examples on parenting and animation)

24. Post #1464
    February 2009
    257 Posts
    You can't. At least we haven't figured out a way yet besides replacing a taunt (I THINK, if Croshi gives us examples on parenting and animation)
    I was able to add the sound part by going into the scene and right clicking the voice tab and clicking add sound or something like that, but I wasn't able to load the VCD :(

25. Post #1465
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    I thought of uploading this here too to make sure no one makes a thread about it:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #1466
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    I thought of uploading this here too to make sure no one makes a thread about it: View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dAP28gSnR5U
    wow, good job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #1467
    Gold Member

July 2010
    5,040 Posts
    I decided to give Day of Defeat a shot with Source Filmmaker using the steps provided by Djshox, but I couldn't really use it because the HUD is glitched. No continue button for the motd.

I thought of uploading this here too to make sure no one makes a thread about it:
    Haha, nice job.

28. Post #1468
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,810 Posts
    Aww that's awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

29. Post #1469
    Gold Member

July 2010
    5,040 Posts
    hah. i was screwing around with SFM with steam being opened.... and earned Impossible Defense beware.
    Haha, yeah I noticed while playing that my steam community name appeared in the scoreboard.

30. Post #1470
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,709 Posts
    I was disappointed when it didn't go into the dark part of the song at around 0:50

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #1471
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    ANIMATING A PROP
    0. Type in console 'listmodels' if you do not know the file locations. Not all custom models will come up.
    1. To create a prop, type 'prop_dynamic_create X' (x for the pyro would be player/pyro)
    2. While looking at the model, type in console 'ent_setname name' Name can be anything)
    3. Type 'ent_fire name setanimation X', X being the name of the animation sequence (like 'ent_fire name setanimation taunt06')
    4. Type 'ent_fire name setdefaultanimation x', x being the animation you want the model to return to after you do step 3.
    OPTIONAL: If you want to change the skin of the model, type 'ent_fire name skin <number>', the number being the number of the skin. BLU Pyro would be 'ent_fire

PARENTING:
    1. To name yourself, type 'ent_fire !self addoutput "targetname me"' (you can change me to anything, but me is the easiest and shortest)
    2. To actually parent the prop to yourself, type 'ent_fire name setparent me'. If you want to attach the prop to another prop, replace me with the name of the parent prop.
    3. This is an important step if you are parenting to yourself. 'ent_fire name disablecollision' This will make the prop not collide with you. If you do not do this, you will not be able to move.
    4. This is another important step. 'ent_fire name setparentattachment attachment X' Look at Source SDK, in the tab for 'attachments', on the left column you can see what you can set the attachment for the parent. For TF2 models, the attachments are 'head', 'flag', and 'partyhat'. If you do not do this, the prop will just be attached to you in whatever angle you were in while you parented it.

I hope this is more informative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 8 (list)

32. Post #1472
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Croshi I love you.

(No homo)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #1473
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    ANIMATING A PROP
    0. Type in console 'listmodels' if you do not know the file locations. Not all custom models will come up.
    1. To create a prop, type 'prop_dynamic_create X' (x for the pyro would be player/pyro)
    2. While looking at the model, type in console 'ent_setname name' Name can be anything)
    3. Type 'ent_fire name setanimation X', X being the name of the animation sequence (like 'ent_fire name setanimation taunt06')
    4. Type 'ent_fire name setdefaultanimation x', x being the animation you want the model to return to after you do step 3.
    OPTIONAL: If you want to change the skin of the model, type 'ent_fire name skin <number>', the number being the number of the skin. BLU Pyro would be 'ent_fire

PARENTING:
    1. To name yourself, type 'ent_fire !self addoutput "targetname me"' (you can change me to anything, but me is the easiest and shortest)
    2. To actually parent the prop to yourself, type 'ent_fire name setparent me'. If you want to attach the prop to another prop, replace me with the name of the parent prop.
    3. This is an important step if you are parenting to yourself. 'ent_fire name disablecollision' This will make the prop not collide with you. If you do not do this, you will not be able to move.
    4. This is another important step. 'ent_fire name setparentattachment attachment X' Look at Source SDK, in the tab for 'attachments', on the left column you can see what you can set the attachment for the parent. For TF2 models, the attachments are 'head', 'flag', and 'partyhat'. If you do not do this, the prop will just be attached to you in whatever angle you were in while you parented it.

I hope this is more informative.
    :psyduck:

someone make a video. nooooow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

34. Post #1474
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    I followed your tutorial, but...

So close!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

35. Post #1475
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Nein.avi?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1476
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    nyet.avi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #1477
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    SFM Full HD Pr0n.... As promised.....

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5808/lol5r6y.jpg
    Hold your breath for the video.........
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

38. Post #1478
    Lol, medics hat is levitating?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #1479
    October 2006
    12 Posts
    I followed your tutorial, but...
    [imagehere]
    So close!
    Just create an animation set for the hat and bring it down a little.

By the way Croshi, if you make a big running scene and the hat will not stay on his head perfectly, source lag makes it go slightly ahead to where you are aiming to go.
    Do you perhaps know how to fix that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #1480
    January 2010
    792 Posts
    When i click 'file > export > movie', set my settings, and click export, nothing happens. How can i fix this?