1. Post #1521
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    sneak preview of my latest shit ajfdshsdf
    Looks very promising!

After seeing RagePhone's "silly first person animation test before i do anything else" I just had to make something with first person camera.

This is the result.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

2. Post #1522
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    That was badass as hell. How'd you manage to kill puppets? Bots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1523
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,519 Posts
    Looks very promising!

After seeing RagePhone's "silly first person animation test before i do anything else" I just had to make something with first person camera.

This is the result.
    That was freaking amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

4. Post #1524
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    That was badass as hell. How'd you manage to kill puppets? Bots?
    Bots, once again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

5. Post #1525
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    Bots, once again.
    That was some advanced bot behaviour.

6. Post #1526
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    That was some advanced bot behaviour.
    I might make a making of if I get enough "EEZ NUT POSSIBUL" comments.

7. Post #1527
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    goddammit was working hard on my movie and it crashed and i hadn't saved in a while JJFDGJGFDJGFD

it's a real shame cameras don't save. i suppose i'm gonna have to save every now and then and when i've done all the shots, make the cameras
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1528
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    Eez nut possibul

9. Post #1529
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,977 Posts
    Eez nut possibul

Edited:

c:

10. Post #1530
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Eez nut possibul
    Eez nut possibul

Edited:

c:
    I figured I'd make it anyways :D

11. Post #1531
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    I figured I'd make it anyways :D
    Better hurry, too!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1532
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    Gonna be messing with SFM tonight, can you guys link me to some of the best tutorials and videos like that so I can get the hang of it easier?

13. Post #1533
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Gonna be messing with SFM tonight, can you guys link me to some of the best tutorials and videos like that so I can get the hang of it easier?
    Pandamobiles tutorials will do

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #1534
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    Made 2 HD screens just because
    1 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #1535
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    Uh.. when I try to run TF2 Beta/SFM it's cramped into a 640x480 window, even though I have follow the setup instructions.. Any way to sort this?

Edited:

nvm i got it working, it's cause i had my regular tf2 set in window mode while idling

time to mess around with this stuff XD

Edited:

hmm it's not letting me facepose :'(

16. Post #1536
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    hey the minigun particles are way above the muzzle of the gun

i heard something about firing in thirdperson fixes that but, i tried that and it's the same...
    help?

17. Post #1537
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    hey the minigun particles are way above the muzzle of the gun

i heard something about firing in thirdperson fixes that but, i tried that and it's the same...
    help?
    Use bots :3

18. Post #1538
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    ok i've kinda basically figured it out, but how do I get crazy DoF so I can make some nice Posters (I know how to export Posters, but not create nice DoF)

19. Post #1539
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    ok i've kinda basically figured it out, but how do I get crazy DoF so I can make some nice Posters (I know how to export Posters, but not create nice DoF)
    Adjust the camera's focal distance (the point it focuses to) and aperture (amount of blur).

You can do this by creating an animation set to the camera.

20. Post #1540
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    Adjust the camera's focal distance (the point it focuses to) and aperture (amount of blur).

You can do this by creating an animation set to the camera.
    could you elaborate on that a little?

21. Post #1541
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    could you elaborate on that a little?
    Right-click on that blue thick bar in the timeline and choose Create Animation Set... or something similar, then choose the camera.

Creating animation sets was covered in this tutorial:

22. Post #1542
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    Ok i've managed to do that and I can get the DoF to work.. but it's on the first person camera, I can't get the work camera to do it.. or a way to view the player model like noclip.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #1543
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Ok i've managed to do that and I can get the DoF to work.. but it's on the first person camera, I can't get the work camera to do it.. or a way to view the player model like noclip.
    Create a new camera using this tutorial:

24. Post #1544
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    yeah I did that seconds after asking, forgot about that!

Heh thanks!

25. Post #1545
    June 2010
    474 Posts

sneak preview of my latest shit ajfdshsdf
    i had to halt production cuz i accidentally hit escape and the hud disappeared and i couldn't switch class

i have to redo the cameras anyway they're a bit stiff

also they look like they run faster than usual in the beginning dunno whats up with that
    Good spelling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1546
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    heh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #1547
    May 2007
    926 Posts
    Looks very promising!

This is the result.
    impressive
    you've earned an annotation

28. Post #1548
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    Good spelling
    What's wrong with it?

Also SFM crashed again :smith:

luckily i had SOME of my work saved

blagh its 3:30am time for bed i think.

29. Post #1549
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    i don't have the phonemes that panda uses in his video tutorial :S when i click on lower face it doesn't show all the things he has :(

30. Post #1550
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    i don't have the phonemes that panda uses in his video tutorial :S when i click on lower face it doesn't show all the things he has :(
    you need have hwm models on.
    mp_usehwmmodels 1
    mp_usehwmvcds 1

31. Post #1551
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    So how do I delete a set animation and re-make one for the same model.. I can't seem to delete this one to start over (without restarting the whole program)

Edited:

also do i just activate those cmds through the console inside the program?

32. Post #1552
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #1553
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    Thank you

34. Post #1554
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA EVER!

Except it will take a while

So I have this question: Can we move dynamic lighting?

35. Post #1555
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA EVER!

Except it will take a while

So I have this question: Can we move dynamic lighting?
    You can record a moving light the same way you'd move a camera.

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,381 Posts
    also i recently discovered: the lights still make shadows when out of the map, they ignore skybox

Edited:

Edited:

holy fuck ads are starting to appear on my videos

Edited:

holy shit why are there ads everywhere i'm afraid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #1557
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,803 Posts
    Ukuku you are truly awesome. And a master of this SFM.

38. Post #1558
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    After 5 hours of fighting with Premiere I managed to get the exporter to work again. I'll upload Making of Amazing killing spree anytime soon.

Hopefully it would have been worth the wait.

And my favorite class is the Medic.

Edited:

Okay, export is done, uploading now.

39. Post #1559
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,701 Posts
    After 5 hours of fighting with Premiere I managed to get the exporter to work again. I'll upload Making of Amazing killing spree anytime soon.

Hopefully it would have been worth the wait.

And my favorite class is the Medic.
    Thanks, and have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #1560
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,461 Posts
    I'm trying to launch up the SFM version of TF2, I've done everything according to this website and I'm still getting the "failed to load launcher DLL: The specified module could not be found" error that you get when trying to run hl2.exe without steam on.

Am I doing something wrong?