1. Post #121
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Still saves as a txt
    Then just rename the file from .py.txt to .py
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

2. Post #122
    February 2009
    685 Posts
    Still, no one answer my questions, when I compress the final video it just goes after 100% and never stops, any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events

3. Post #123
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Still, no one answer my questions, when I compress the final video it just goes after 100% and never stops, any help?
    In Source Filmmaker or some other program? If it is SFM make sure you have sv_cheats set to 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Ok, here's what you do (@swampie):

1. Open IDLE (Python GUI)
    2. Click File->New Window
    3. Copy the code into this 'Untitled' window
    4. Click File->Save As...
    5. Browse to the directory you extracted the materials folder from the GCF to
    6. Click 'All files (*.*)', then choose 'Python and text files (*.py, *.pyw, *.txt)'
    7. Type 'lowerVTFVersion.py' into the File name box (no quotes)
    8. Click Save.
    9. Click Run->Run Module
    10.The IDLE window will reselect and tell you what directory it will affect. Confirm this is correct, then press enter.
    11.Sit back and wait.

Really simple. Changed 1738 / 4479 files for me.

I'm just about to try running some maps with this, but that should be it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    It looks like it worked

will test after i eat

:snack:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    As it turns out, this doesn't seem to work favourably with player models:

Or demo's grenades. Might apply to soldier's rockets, too (haven't tested that yet).

However, it's working great for buildables and maps!

Oh, a problem I'm encountering (unrelated): Every so often it stops letting me change class/team, which forces me to reload the map to fix. Is there something I could be doing that's causing this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    I will test now

Edited:

Food was good btw

Edited:

Maybe try removing the player textures?

Edited:

hey look, The door textures work

:smith:

Edited:

think i broke it

Edited:

Help me...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    As it turns out, this doesn't seem to work favourably with player models.
    Extract this to tf\
    Edited:

think i broke it

Edited:

Help me...
    It seems you didn't extract the models and materials to your SFM installation folder. Do that again and then change their version.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    and mine?

Edited:

i didn't copy them right :embarrassed:

Edited:

And would it work with models?

Edited:

Oh man
    oh god
    oh man
    oh god

beta style skins and the beta light warp

:jizz:

Edited:

Two problems:

Edited:

And the saws are shiny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #130
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Two problems
    Read post #128, type mat_specular 0 to console

I don't know why the saws are shiny.

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Ok

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    I had to reinstall SFM due to me fucking around with the files too much and making it unable to load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I managed to break it again!

I've seen floating hands in other people's videos, but never quite as bad as this.

Anyway, problems so far:
    [list][*]Buttons to change class/team stop working[*]Tools mode stops responding after clicking Browse when trying to save posters (can still run around in game if I feel like it). This seems to suddenly fix itself, not sure why.[*]The first few seconds of the first recording don't take - I can't scrub back to them.[*]The usual multi-doors/items deal.[*]Round timers are getting annoying, as are respawn timers (to a lesser extent).[/list]Overall it's neat to use, but still clearly a beta product.

Also, thanks for the link Ukuku. I'll be looking to install that shortly.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    [list][*]Buttons to change class/team stop working - Strange, I've never had or heard of this problem. Try jointeam blue/red, and join_class?[*]Tools mode stops responding after clicking Browse when trying to save posters (can still run around in game if I feel like it) - I used to have this bug, no idea what fixed it though.[*]The first few seconds of recording don't take - I can't scrub back to them. - The recording only starts after the four beeps, incase you've been recording before they end.[*]The usual multi-doors/items deal. - Unfixable, AFAIK.[*]Round timers are getting annoying, as are respawn timers (to a lesser extent). - ent_fire team_round_timer pause[/list]

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Thanks for the quick response!

[list][*]That works, though it requires manually using kill to take effect (for team changes at least). Didn't realize there were commands aside from changeteam and changeclass, so thanks![*]I guess I'll just go with default save locations.[*]I didn't even notice the beeps, so that fixes that problem![*]I was just thinking about the spawn door thing - assuming that you have only one person who's supposed to control the door, couldn't you use ent_fire in all the other recordings to force the doors open? Or to delete them, along with the extra pickups? Not ideal, but better than nothing.[*]I could have sworn I had the ent_fire one in my autoexec - oh well, another problem down![/list]
    Anyway, continuing testing.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Gonna record some stuff in goldrush and post a video in a minute.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,784 Posts
    I've got a Hamachi group going as FP-SFM:pacefunch. Join if you want.

Edited:

By the way, does anyone know a way to change the camera fov?

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Scrolling the mouse wheel while holding left mouse button down seems to work - haven't actually rendered anything yet though.

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,784 Posts
    Nevermind, found out.

Edited:

Thanks anyway.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    To some people talking above me. To fix the multiple doors/medkits, everything, you have to animate them away or untick record world, but then the player model won't show up either.
    Btw the recording does start as soon as you enter the game, also before the beeps have sounded, just pull the timeline thing back a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

21. Post #141
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    13,203 Posts
    Guys, how do you render only one screenshot with changeable resolution - is there option for it or I have to make movie, then take screenshots from it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Guys, how do you render only one screenshot with changeable resolution - is there option for it or I have to make movie, then take screenshots from it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts

sorry about the really really really broken audio, i think i might have used the wrong .wav file for the sound

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,979 Posts
    Off topic but, what is your avatar ?

I'm sure I've seen that thing somewhere...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    about the multi door thing ent_fire ___ kill?

26. Post #146
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts

sorry about the really really really broken audio, i think i might have used the wrong .wav file for the sound
    How do you make more than one env_projectedtexture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

27. Post #147
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    This is a revolutionary week for Source Film Maker.

Modern maps and skins, dynamic lighting, how to move a camera without a person and fluid animation.

Fluid animation is quite VERY simple and cheap.

1. High light the area you want to animate in (might want to leave an extra second or two)
    2. Select a bone
    3. Select the manipulation tool
    4. Play the clip, and as it is playing, move the bone. It will record the movement
    5. Smooth it and enjoy. :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    We need some more video tutorials to give us (at least me ) a better understanding of this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    How do you make more than one env_projectedtexture?
    Simply do the tutorial I posted earlier multiple times.

30. Post #150
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    13,203 Posts
    I have no idea how it works
    When I use "export", it isn't even doing anything - there is nothing exported, window just turns off
    step-by-step tutorial?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

31. Post #151
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,888 Posts
    I love EdbotnikThe sfm videos

also am happy that he figures out stuff for sfm

like who would have thought to make a script for making tf2 textures work in tf2 beta?

I wouldn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    February 2009
    685 Posts
    In Source Filmmaker or some other program? If it is SFM make sure you have sv_cheats set to 1.
    SFM... wow, I just had to put sv_cheats on?, I feel dumb

Anyway thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    April 2009
    1,749 Posts
    I love EdbotnikThe sfm videos

also am happy that he figures out stuff for sfm

like who would have thought to make a script for making tf2 textures work in tf2 beta?

I wouldn't
    Well

thank you but I did not make the script it is on the previous page

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts

ALL THIS PAIN-STAKING WORK FOR THIS

IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE DOF OR MOTION BLUR FFUUUUUU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

36. Post #156
    May 2009
    1,228 Posts

SOURCE
    Film Maker.

Maybe Left 4 Dead?

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    This is the old SFM, the one that only runs on the tf2 beta. :(

38. Post #158
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    5,642 Posts
    Anyone know if there's a way to get SFM blur in-game?

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Anyone know if there's a way to get SFM blur in-game?
    No. It can't be done in real time.

It's not really motion blur, it's frame blending. It basically takes (say you have it set to 32 sample) 16 frames before the current frame, and 16 frames after the current frame and blends it all into one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    5,642 Posts
    No. It can't be done in real time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)