1. Post #1561
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Try installing the patches in this order:

1. TF2_HOTFIX.rar
    2. patch_tf2_07-09-17_07-09-21.zip
    3. FINAL_FIXX_ADVANCED.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

2. Post #1562
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    currently exporting my first lip syncing sequence with some tasty DoF

Edited:

And the result
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #1563
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    And the result
    It looks very good.

Probably because it didn't contain random explosions.

Edited:

Here's the Making Of:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

4. Post #1564
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,970 Posts
    Having watched that, I cannot unsee the sniper teleporting into the explosion, or the soldier with a shotgun dropping a rocket launcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1565
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    soldier with a shotgun dropping a rocket launcher.
    First time someone mentions that.

6. Post #1566
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    i really love 'ultra-wide' images

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

7. Post #1567
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,436 Posts
    Can we run steam while we run SFM?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

8. Post #1568
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    Can we run steam while we run SFM?
    Yes. You just have to alt-tab out to talk to anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

9. Post #1569
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,680 Posts

FINALLY i got it done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1570
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    FINALLY i got it done.
    I expected something along the lines of:

2fort? THIS. IS. DUSTBOWL!!!

I was not disappointed in the end.

11. Post #1571
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,680 Posts
    I expected something along the lines of:

2fort? THIS. IS. DUSTBOWL!!!

I was not disappointed in the end.
    ehh, would've been too obvious and the sparta meme is stupid anyhow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1572
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    ehh, would've been too obvious and the sparta meme is stupid anyhow
    That's exactly why I was not disappointed

13. Post #1573
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,586 Posts
    Heh Demoman launching stickies from his shoulder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #1574
    July 2009
    240 Posts

FINALLY i got it done.
    You really nailed it.

15. Post #1575

October 2009
    23 Posts
    SFM is sure fun, here is the video i made
    hope you enjoy it:D

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7989137/21174892

edit:youtube link is also added,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xXglnVZvo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #1576
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts

Oh my god that was amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1577
    August 2009
    19 Posts

this!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Germany Show Events

18. Post #1578

October 2009
    23 Posts
    thank you anti christ, your 666th post :

Anti Christ
    December 2009
    666 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #1579
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,573 Posts
    thank you anti christ, your 666th post :

Anti Christ
    December 2009
    666 Posts
    Screencapped for future generations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1580
    July 2010
    129 Posts

That was awesome

21. Post #1581
    July 2009
    240 Posts

Upload that video to Youtube and you'll get instant 5,000 subscribers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1582
    January 2010
    245 Posts

omg that was fuckin awesome. i wish i could animate like that :(

23. Post #1583

October 2009
    23 Posts
    Upload that video to Youtube and you'll get instant 5,000 subscribers.
    youtube starts sucking on me now

i uploaded the video to here :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xXglnVZvo

and 5 minutes after i uploaded the video, it automatically disabled the audio track.... Nothing i can do but to look for another video hosting service provider :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

24. Post #1584
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    (Jaw dropped) (wince) he... he... HE USED 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE!

25. Post #1585
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts
    So I'm working on Ice Ice Baby by Heavy music video

B)

26. Post #1586
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts

Woaah man that was pretty amazing. I'm very new to animation, i only just know how to use Motionbuilder, but did you animate each character individually, or is there some way to copy/paste the animation? If not, i could imagine getting all the team members to dance the same thing would've taken alot of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

27. Post #1587

October 2009
    23 Posts
    Woaah man that was pretty amazing. I'm very new to animation, i only just know how to use Motionbuilder, but did you animate each character individually, or is there some way to copy/paste the animation? If not, i could imagine getting all the team members to dance the same thing would've taken alot of time.
    Motionbuilder.... you kidding, i use motionbuilder(mb) to make this animation too. And i only started learning MB since April. Its sure a powerfull tool to make keyframe-animation less painful. Keep it up

edit: forgot to answer your question, yes in MB you can simply apply character animation onto a different body-shape character. So i guess you could say that it is copy and paste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

28. Post #1588
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    I've been trying to learn how to use motionbuiler. I'm so horrible :(

29. Post #1589
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    12,781 Posts
    I have a quick question.
    I did everything right until the part where you    edit the lines on target to start it up. Sadly, doesn't start SFM, rather than the beta in a window.    If anyone knows a solution, PM me.
    Spoiler tags for obvious reasons...

30. Post #1590
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    and 5 minutes after i uploaded the video, it automatically disabled the audio track...
    Argh, silly me. I always forget about this.

31. Post #1591
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,029 Posts
    Argh, silly me. I always forget about this.
    That's really the only reason I don't post things like that I'd like to try out.

Would LOVE to do a vid featuring the Engy playing the Johnny Cash version of "Hurt", but $10 says YT would disable the audio in no time.
    ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1592
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    24,048 Posts
    That's a bloody good VGMV you made there. Shame YouTube's such a tit about music, but it's too awesome for YouTube anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1593
    Rig
    March 2010
    27 Posts

Be kind, it's my first one ;P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

34. Post #1594
    He should have said something other than just look downwards as if he was being corrected.

35. Post #1595
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Motionbuilder.... you kidding, i use motionbuilder(mb) to make this animation too. And i only started learning MB since April. Its sure a powerfull tool to make keyframe-animation less painful. Keep it up

edit: forgot to answer your question, yes in MB you can simply apply character animation onto a different body-shape character. So i guess you could say that it is copy and paste.
    how did you animate and sync the fight scenes in sfm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

36. Post #1596
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,029 Posts
    how did you animate and sync the fight scenes in sfm?
    I'm pretty sure any level of animation could be accomplished in SFM if someone put their mind to it. Things like Motion Builder and the like are just probably easier to work with.

37. Post #1597
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    I'm pretty sure any level of animation could be accomplished in SFM if someone put their mind to it. Things like Motion Builder and the like are just probably easier to work with.
    what i meant was how did he get the animation to sync with each other in sfm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

38. Post #1598
    July 2010
    231 Posts
    Okay, since a complete noob at this I want to know 2 things:

How to make moving cameras.
    and
    How you kill your other recorded selves.

Now explain this voodoo magic to me, pretty please.

Edited:

Oh my god
    fucking call valve
    send it to them

make MILLIONS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

39. Post #1599
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    5,642 Posts

FINALLY i got it done.
    Amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1600
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts

Man that's awesome. Might help me in my future projects. I just thought the animation would fuck up in some weird way cause their rigs aren't identical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events