1. Post #1641
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,677 Posts

Managed to get my video done either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #1642
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts

That was a cool video. Excellent work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

3. Post #1643
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,216 Posts
    Does anyone know how you remove puppets/actors from a scene once they're recorded?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #1644
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    Does anyone know how you remove puppets/actors from a scene once they're recorded?
    Ugh, do you people EVER read the thread?

http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=239

Edited:

Also video

200 subs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #1645
    August 2010
    731 Posts

Oh yes! That was really cool! It really resembled the original opening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

6. Post #1646
    June 2009
    12 Posts
    Hey is any one else here having problems with faceposer's auto recognition right now? I have tried lip syncing files I have in the past that have worked perfectly but now I always get the yellow error about a full extraction not being complete. Is it just me or is anyone else now having problems with their lip sync?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

7. Post #1647
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts

why the fuck does youtube keep screwing up the audio of this one video

i checked the avi and it's fine, it's YOUTUBE

:argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1648
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts
    why the fuck does youtube keep screwing up the audio of this one video

i checked the avi and it's fine, it's youtube

:argh:
    Tactical airflip Demo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

9. Post #1649
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    oh look NOW the audio's fixed

dammit newb you and your being right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

10. Post #1650
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts
    oh look NOW the audio's fixed

dammit newb you and your being right
    ino, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

11. Post #1651

October 2009
    23 Posts
    SFM is sure fun, here is the video i made
    hope you enjoy it:D

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7989137/21174892

edit:youtube link is also added,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xXglnVZvo

TBH, does anyone know how to fix the shadow?
    If you look carefully you would notice that there is no shadow at all...
    what am i gonna do........HALP I am outta clue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

12. Post #1652
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    Hey guys. I figured out how to fix the manipulator tool.

You know how using it from certain angles, the arrows/circles got all enormous and you had to find a new location?

Yeah, I figured out how to fix that.

Stop using "Work Camera" to work, use "Active Camera". Simple as that. If you guys want a tutorial on how to get "Active Camera" to be able to move around like "Work Camera" then I'll post one.

13. Post #1653
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,855 Posts
    I mixed a bit of gmod into this one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1654
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts

Someone get on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #1655
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    [img]http:
    Someone get on it
    Best idea ever.

16. Post #1656
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    6,310 Posts
    Best idea ever.
    He thinks it costs $11,000 to build a new computer.

That enrages me a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #1657
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    He thinks it costs $11,000 to build a new computer.

That enrages me a little.
    Console kiddie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #1658
    Gold Member

June 2010
    1,711 Posts
    For some reason when i try to launch sfm an error appears "the procedure entry point _BinkGetFrameBuffersInfo@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll." Any solutions? Tried reinstalling it 4 FREAKING TIMES! Didn't work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Latvia Show Events

19. Post #1659
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    you probably forgot to install the patches or you installed them in the wrong order

Edited:

HOT_FIX.zip, and then FINAL_FIXX_ADVANCED.zip

they go in Team Fortress 2/bin, NOT Team Fortress 2/tf/bin

20. Post #1660
    Gold Member

June 2010
    1,711 Posts
    you probably forgot to install the patches or you installed them in the wrong order
    Whats the right order?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Latvia Show Events

21. Post #1661
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    i just posted it WOW

22. Post #1662
    Gold Member

June 2010
    1,711 Posts
    i just posted it WOW
    1. You posted the answer after i asked
    2. Didn't work.

23. Post #1663
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    2,870 Posts
    I need some help with getting it set up. And I don't feel like reading through the whole damn thread while my internet is being shitty right now.

I did what the SFM blog said to do with the shortcut to hl2.exe and adding the commands to the target area, but when I open "RUN_TF2.exe" after I added all the commands in the proper order, it just opens up to the main menu with the console open.

Tools are all in "Team Fortress 2/bin/tools" and the enginetools.txt and p4lib.dll files are just in /bin.

24. Post #1664
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    The commands are added to a shortcut to hl2.exe. Then you launch hl2.exe using the shortcut.

Don't use RUN_TF2.exe - in fact, delete it once everything's working.

25. Post #1665
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    met get on steam so we can test my heavy race

26. Post #1666
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts

HEH
    HEh

27. Post #1667
    May 2007
    921 Posts
    video

HEH
    HEh
    how did you get more than four flashlights without the shadows fucking up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

28. Post #1668
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    my secrets will be revealed very, very soon. wait a couple minutes.

nobody saw that heh

29. Post #1669
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    i know his secret but he's gonna kill me if I reveal them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

30. Post #1670
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts
    So do I, regardless of the fact I saw the original post

31. Post #1671
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,041 Posts
    indeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Spain Show Events

32. Post #1672
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    it's a conspiracy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

33. Post #1673
    May 2007
    921 Posts
    what's with you people and calling useful information secrets

34. Post #1674

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    what's with you people and calling useful information secrets
    *insert troll face picture here*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #1675
    August 2010
    6 Posts
    or, replace a taunt or voice menu command VCD with your own.
    Did you try this? vcd scenes in game need to be compiled. And I'm not sure what rebuilding scenes.image in the new faceposer will work for tf2 beta..

The "import faceposer vcd" option has yet to work properly for me. I just get a polygon mush (the models at position, angle 0).
    I tried to add the position and rotation of bones manually. It works but... Did you imported vcd scene play sounds? Or flex? I tried, but nothing happened. Maybe it needs to be compiled to work too.
    And also there is no game props and other models on map after the vcd importing. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #1676
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    ok im sorry

here's how we got more than four: i had a good friend granpc take an assembly thingy, look for the value that determines how many shadowmaps to let the engine draw, and change it. We're also trying to figure out how to unlock the value r_flashlightdepthres in order to be able to change the resolution of the shadowmaps. MaxOfS2D Paid him :20bux: to have it done ASAP, so expect it pretty soon

if you're wondering, it's a modification of the client.dll and will NOT get you VAC banned because it is the EXACT same as if we took the actual code and changed it, and recompiled the client.dll

37. Post #1677
    March 2009
    1,490 Posts
    sniplol, i'm dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Colombia Show Events

38. Post #1678
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,378 Posts
    if i get FIVE agrees on this post, i'll release a modified client.dll that allows up to 16 lights. if you want MORE, just contact me and i'll be more than happy to ask gran to make you one too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #1679
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,574 Posts
    if i get FIVE agrees on this post, i'll release a modified client.dll that allows up to 16 lights. if you want MORE, just contact me and i'll be more than happy to ask gran to make you one too
    I thought about disagreeing for the hell of it, but I agreed because I'd use this too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1680

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    Disagree'd because I'm a huge asshole like that.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)