1. Post #1681
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    watev

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7539801/Client.dll

goes into team fortress 2/tf/bin, not team fortress 2/bin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #1682
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,098 Posts
    if i get FIVE agrees on this post, i'll release a modified client.dll that allows up to 16 lights. if you want MORE, just contact me and i'll be more than happy to ask gran to make you one too
    Rated the last agree :V:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

3. Post #1683
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts

teh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

4. Post #1684
    Gold Member

June 2010
    1,701 Posts
    For some reason when i try to launch sfm an error appears "the procedure entry point _BinkGetFrameBuffersInfo@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll." Any solutions? Tried reinstalling it 4 FREAKING TIMES! Didn't work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Latvia Show Events

5. Post #1685
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    did you include every file when extracting enginetools.zip including the .txt? if you don't extract everything, it'll fail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

6. Post #1686
    Will that client.dll even work on the Steam version of Team Fortress 2? AKA Can be used in any Source game with The Orange Box

unless you're running your game as a sourcemod
    Then I think it's only recommended when playing alone, on Garry's Mod for example in Singleplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

7. Post #1687
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,042 Posts
    Of course not. In fact, you can't even overwrite it without it being overwritten again by Steam. Your solution would be memory editing and detours, which will get you VAC banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Spain Show Events

8. Post #1688
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    unless you're running your game as a sourcemod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

9. Post #1689
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,042 Posts
    Is that possible for Team Fortress 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Spain Show Events

10. Post #1690

October 2009
    23 Posts
    is that OK if you run TF2 beta(aka SFM) with Steam running in the background?

very curious and very gj on the DLL modification

11. Post #1691
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,027 Posts
    is that OK if you run TF2 beta(aka SFM) with Steam running in the background?

very curious and very gj on the DLL modification
    How many times must we answer this question?

There has YET to be any issue with running Steam and SFM simultaneously.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but dear God that question's had to have been answered 9 times or so already right? Just READ the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

12. Post #1692

October 2009
    23 Posts
    i meant if its OK to run TF2 beta with the customized client.dll when steam is running in the background

sorry if i mis-mean it.

13. Post #1693
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,042 Posts
    Yes, that's what we've all been doing.

14. Post #1694
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    I finally found a solution to RootTransform getting out of screen and models disappearing in front of you.

Set "computebounds" to 1 for the model with the DME element editor.

Do this by going to session - clipbin - <sequence name> - subClipTrackGroup - tracks - <film name> - children - <shot name> - scene - children

and browsing to your desired model, for example:

take1 - children - player_Tri. Pekka Mela - children - player_Tri. Pekka Mela_World Models - children - player/soldier_GameModel would be my world model.

There is an attribute "computebounds". Set it to 1.

Then you can completely ignore the buggy RootTransform and make better animations!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #1695
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    oh thank god i love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #1696
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    I should really start this up again, cause the offical SFM is coming out soon, just two more videos and its out!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

17. Post #1697
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    AFAIK that was only speculation, we're assuming it will be released after the last two meet the team videos.

18. Post #1698
    July 2010
    129 Posts
    Thank you Ukuku I hated that bug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #1699

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    I just had a thought(VALVe might not do this, but I was just thinking)
    What if VALVe made you pay for the official SFM?
    Just a random thought
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1700
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    they won't

21. Post #1701
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,206 Posts
    I wish I had the beta

Maybe they'll release it soon, maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #1702
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,960 Posts
    It might be paid-for like you pay for the Source SDK.
    You get it if you have at least one paid-for Source game, and you can use the contents of whatever games you have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #1703

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    ^Just like Garry's Mod's mechanics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1704
    March 2010
    11,206 Posts
    does source film recorder work in gmod? just wondered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

25. Post #1705
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,960 Posts
    ^Just like Garry's Mod's mechanics
    Yeah, pretty much. Gmod and the SDK both use that system, since SFM is a very powerful merge between them, it makes sense.

26. Post #1706
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    no, sfm does not work in anything but the team fortress 2 beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1707

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    -snip-

28. Post #1708
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    UberMunchkin, have you tried this magicall thing called "illegaly downloading"?
    Its an awesome thing that lets you get things that are usually hard to get!
    a+ for suggesting warez, you're probably going to get banned now

29. Post #1709
    March 2010
    11,206 Posts
    Im gonna get a new computer soon anyway, hopefully they'll release SFM soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Russian Federation Show Events

30. Post #1710
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts
    Im gonna get a new computer soon anyway, hopefully they'll release SFM soon
    Get ready to wait half a year or more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

31. Post #1711
    March 2010
    11,206 Posts
    Gonna have to wait our lives for episode 3 though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Russian Federation Show Events

32. Post #1712

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    THIS JUST IN: EPISODE 3 RELEASED
    We return to Gabe Newell(Age 75) for the latest news

33. Post #1713

January 2010
    22 Posts
    Hey, everytime i try exporting my video it just stays on 100% :( and also if it every does actually export it's very out of sync... any help :D

34. Post #1714
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    383 Posts
    Hey, everytime i try exporting my video it just stays on 100% :( and also if it every does actually export it's very out of sync... any help :D
    Don't do anything while it's exporting, watch some tv or something, works for me.

35. Post #1715

January 2010
    22 Posts
    Don't do anything while it's exporting, watch some tv or something, works for me.
    k it did export :D but the audio is not there (background sound is but scouts taunt isn't)... :'(

36. Post #1716
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Im gonna start up on this again.

37. Post #1717
    June 2010
    5 Posts
    Thanks to all the help I got from this forum, especially the tutorials from Pandamobile (you're awesome), I managed to complete this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7 (list)

38. Post #1718
    April 2009
    535 Posts
    Thanks to all the help I got from this forum, especially the tutorials from Pandamobile (you're awesome), I managed to complete this:

This is probably the best SFM video i've ever seen. EVER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1719
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts

*awesome video*
    Best SFM video yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1720
    Dennab
    May 2009
    7,202 Posts

Jesus christ. That was the single best TF2 Video I have ever see, SFM or otherwise. You, sir, are a great man with great talents. I eagerly await more work of yours and hope to god that you make more of those masterpieces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)