1. Post #1721
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Thanks to all the help I got from this forum, especially the tutorials from Pandamobile (you're awesome), I managed to complete this:

God damn that was fucking amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

2. Post #1722
    July 2010
    687 Posts
    Thanks to all the help I got from this forum, especially the tutorials from Pandamobile (you're awesome), I managed to complete this:

:golfclap:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1723
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,258 Posts
    That is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1724
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,133 Posts
    If i had SFM, I'd make a documentary of the endangered spycrab, and their "Unknown Species" rival. As they hunt eachover and use camoflauges and stuff like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #1725
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    That knights of the round table was fucking amazing, those were very impressive custom animations, if they were all done in SFM thats even more impressive, lip syncing was great to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

6. Post #1726
    June 2010
    5 Posts
    The animations of the people were done in Motionbuilder 2011. In a couple of cases I slightly altered movement in SFM with the all-powerful Smooth bar. The objects (like the drum solo wrenches, briefcases, bottles) were done directly in SFM. Animating them took the longest per second of film. I believe the wrench solo took me 5 hours (pretty much all of that day I spent on them) just to get the wrenches right.

Of course, I was watching the AVGN http://www.cinemassacre.com/category/avgn/ while I was doing it, so that might have lengthened the time a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1727
    sometimes I feel like going into a spastic rage so I can get a cool title but then it would be a bad title, and it wouldnt be cool
    January 2010
    14,435 Posts
    a friend gave me his USB with the thing, but AVG detected RUN_TF2.exe as a virus. is that real?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

8. Post #1728
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    383 Posts
    a friend gave me his USB with the thing, but AVG detected RUN_TF2.exe as a virus. is that real?
    Happened with me too, I just removed it and used the hl2 shortcut, it seems to works fine without it.

Not sure if it was a virus though, didn't want to keep it just in case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1729
    sometimes I feel like going into a spastic rage so I can get a cool title but then it would be a bad title, and it wouldnt be cool
    January 2010
    14,435 Posts
    Thanks, now I have a "Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2' Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

Right now I just want to check out the beta's look, then its off to the SFM.

10. Post #1730

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    Have you tried Avast! Anti-Virus?
    I've had no false-positives, and RUN_TF2 was never found as a virus with it
    Then again I never executed RUN_TF2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1731
    January 2010
    14,435 Posts
    Have you tried Avast! Anti-Virus?
    I've had no false-positives, and RUN_TF2 was never found as a virus with it
    Then again I never executed RUN_TF2
    :ohdear: I already moved the file to the vault

Scan it on Avast! for me? I want to be sure.

12. Post #1732
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,206 Posts
    Get Avast or Avira, they are awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #1733
    January 2010
    14,435 Posts
    Oh wait I have to move it off the usb.

FUCKIN 5 GIGABYTES?!?!?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #1734

October 2009
    23 Posts

the last time i submitted the exe file to virustotal, it did say it was a virus, submit it yourself and find out:

http://www.virustotal.com/index.html

just remove the file and like what others said, run the game with your own shortcut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

15. Post #1735

December 2009
    1,892 Posts
    I removed SFM due to problems I could never be bothered trying to fix due to stress and lazyness, but Avast! has a real-time shield, it is also Gamer-friendly because of its gaming/silent mode
    I highly recommend it over other Anti-Virus software

EDIT: 1,234th post :protarget:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1736
    January 2010
    14,435 Posts
    Dont let the thread fall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #1737
    July 2009
    45 Posts
    Excuse me if it's a stupid question but,

It says when I render that I created a file, but when I check for the .avi file in the folder which I chose the file to be rendered in, I can't seem to find it, any help?

EDIT: I figured it out. The folder didn't want to show the files in standard view, so I had to change the settings, sorry for spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Norway Show Events

18. Post #1738
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Next time just snip the post, or post a solution to your problem in case other people run into this problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Hong Kong Show Events

19. Post #1739
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,027 Posts
    Alright, here's a problem:
    I opened an old file and want to animate a character (an engineer) in the earlier shots, but even though I have the clip selected, active, highlighted in the green field, and hae the little red button clicked in: it won't let me animate the Engy (the little circle around the item I want to animate is dull, not bright yellow as it should be).

What's more I previously saved his helmet (the item in particular I wanted to animate) in a different position, but it's back squarely on his head as if I never touched it.

Ideas?

EDIT (9 hours later): I've been working at it all day and I don't know what changed, but I managed to make the animations start working in the earlier shots... but the problem still persists in a different manner now.

No matter where I supposedly move the Engy's helmet, it remains on his head when it clearly indicates it should be somewhere else.
    ._.

Something else I noticed is that when playing as the Engy or Soldier: taunting and having the camera look upwards at the models, the inside of their helmets are no longer being drawn, they're transparent. The difference between the two is that in the animation set editor: the Soldier's helmet will at least come off of his head (still transparent inside though) while each helmet of the MULTIPLE Engy puppets I made nould not.

Also: my Sniper now speaks random Medic lines when he taunts, and he won't even do his melee taunt at all no matter how many times I hit the key.

EDIT AGAIN: Got the helemets, hats, and such to detach... Transfered current TF2 models into SFM. No draw issue of the headgears' insides still persists though. Sniper still speaks as the Medic when he taunts and will not perform his melee taunt.

On an unrelated note does anyone know of a model build for say the Sniper and/or Medic that allows their glasses to be edited?

20. Post #1740
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Hey guys...can somebody provide the decompiled model and texture files for maya 2009 and motion builder? I'm trying my bes to decompile them myself but CannonFodder's model decompiler keeps crashing on me when i click on "decompile". PRETTY PLEASE! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

21. Post #1741
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    Hey guys...can somebody provide the decompiled model and texture files for maya 2009 and motion builder? I'm trying my bes to decompile them myself but CannonFodder's model decompiler keeps crashing on me when i click on "decompile". PRETTY PLEASE! :D
    There should be playermodels' source files in steamapps\<steamid>\sourcesdk_content\tf\modelsrc\ player
    If not download Source SDK and/or refresh SDK content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

22. Post #1742
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    2,869 Posts
    Thanks, now I have a "Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2' Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

Right now I just want to check out the beta's look, then its off to the SFM.
    I'm getting that too when I try to open up hl2.exe

I tried copying the gameinfo.txt file from my other TF2 and it worked, but it ran HL2 (it showed the background image of the plaza), then crashed before it loaded the menu.

23. Post #1743
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    there should be playermodels' source files in steamapps\<steamid>\sourcesdk_content\tf\modelsrc\ player
    if not download source sdk and/or refresh sdk content.
    omg i <3 u!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #1744
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I'm getting that too when I try to open up hl2.exe

I tried copying the gameinfo.txt file from my other TF2 and it worked, but it ran HL2 (it showed the background image of the plaza), then crashed before it loaded the menu.
    Are you opening hl2.exe directly? You should make a shortcut to it with these options added to the target field:

Code:
    -game tf -applaunch 440 -novid -tools
    That's needed to make it launch SFM.

25. Post #1745
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    I'm doing something... particular

:ssh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

26. Post #1746
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,628 Posts
    Hey, can you guys help me out? I'm having trouble with my SFM, I had it working once, but now it doesn't even launch, it just flickers and disappears. I reinstalled it and it still didn't fix...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Lithuania Show Events

27. Post #1747
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    If you didn't change anything from the time that it worked to the time that you say it started crashing on launch, then there's no reason it should have started. Try reinstalling the patches (in the correct order), make a shortcut to hl2.exe with -game tf -applaunch 440 at the end of the target, start it up, go to any map, close it, then add -tools -windowed to the target.

Add me over steam if you're still having trouble.

28. Post #1748
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,628 Posts
    If you didn't change anything from the time that it worked to the time that you say it started crashing on launch, then there's no reason it should have started. Try reinstalling the patches (in the correct order), make a shortcut to hl2.exe with -game tf -applaunch 440 at the end of the target, start it up, go to any map, close it, then add -tools -windowed to the target.

Add me over steam if you're still having trouble.
    I've redone everything I could before I even asked :P Reinstall, repatch and all that sequence

Still acting like a stubborn bitch it is...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Lithuania Show Events

29. Post #1749
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts

:ssh: :ssh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #1750
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    2,869 Posts
    Are you opening hl2.exe directly? You should make a shortcut to it with these options added to the target field:

Code:
    -game tf -applaunch 440 -novid -tools
    That's needed to make it launch SFM.
    Oh, thanks it opened up. I had the target set to "-game tf -applaunch 440 -novid -tools", I thought it had to have " " around it.

31. Post #1751
    I asked Obama about Facepunch and all I got was molested by the Secret Service
    December 2009
    2,782 Posts
    I'm pretty new to SFM I'm sure I did something wrong when I tried recording something this is what the it looked like. Any help?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #1752
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    Looks like you have graphic settings on low
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1753
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,935 Posts
    I would say it's an LOD issue. But I don't have SFM so I can't say for sure.

34. Post #1754
    December 2009
    2,782 Posts
    I would say it's an LOD issue. But I don't have SFM so I can't say for sure.
    Wow it actually was an LOD issue. For some reason there was some weirdo autoexec that messed around with LOD settings. Thanks.

35. Post #1755
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,935 Posts

LOD 0 (highest detail) scout.

LOD 3 scout. First one to lose the eyes. Comparing what I can, I think this is what's happening.

I'd suggest putting r_lod 0 into the console so you always have LOD 0 characters.

Edited:

Wow it actually was an LOD issue. For some reason there was some weirdo autoexec that messed around with LOD settings. Thanks.
    Well I guess that makes the images obsolete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #1756
    December 2009
    2,782 Posts
    Well thanks for helping out either way.

37. Post #1757
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,935 Posts
    Well thanks for helping out either way.
    No problem.

38. Post #1758
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,628 Posts
    I've redone everything I could before I even asked :P Reinstall, repatch and all that sequence

Still acting like a stubborn bitch it is...
    Oh come on! No-one else had any problems similar to this?? :/

39. Post #1759
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    gahhhhhhh............. reinstalling SFM is a pain.... anyways I learned one lesson from all of this! DON'T ADD NEW TF2 GCF FILES!

So after reinstalling, i thought "hmm...... its been a while" and since I suck at motion builder maybe i'll create something simple :P

et voila!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

40. Post #1760
    January 2010
    14,435 Posts
    Can someone help me out here, for some reason if I use customed models like the stylish spy, any texture that was not one of the defaults, comes out as nothing but the color black.

Anyone got a fix? I heard this has happened to the normal models in Gmod before.