1. Post #201
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    how come?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,898 Posts
    They're not in SFM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Great... after importing the new materials from latest tf2 to beta. And after properly doing the python thingy i get this:

1) The Ninja ->

2) The Darth Vader ->

Everyone else is black as well except for their faces. Need some help here...

EDIT: i looked through the posts and found the garrysmod link for the non black models of tf2.. the thing is i dont have garrys mod.. just orange box and l4d and l4d2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    July 2009
    240 Posts
    i looked through the posts and found the garrysmod link for the non black models of tf2.. the thing is i dont have garrys mod...
    Oh, sorry. I should've known.
    What you need to do is remove every instance of the line "$yellow" "0" in the playermodels' .wmt files in tf/materials/models/player/<class>/.
    Files that have the line are:
    <class>_blue.wmt
    <class>_red.wmt
    <class>_head_blue.wmt
    <class>_head_red.wmt

What about the new weapons like force-a-nature and other weapons...... how can we spawn them so that we can record players with the new weapons???
    You can of course spawn the models, if you have copied them from the retail game, by creating a new animation set and choosing <Add new model...> but you can't equip nor shoot them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

5. Post #205
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Oh, sorry. I should've known.
    What you need to do is remove every instance of the line "$yellow" "0" in the playermodels' .wmt files in tf/materials/models/player/<class>/.
    Files that have the line are:
    <class>_blue.wmt
    <class>_red.wmt
    <class>_head_blue.wmt
    <class>_head_red.wmt

You can of course spawn the models, if you have copied them from the retail game, by creating a new animation set and choosing <Add new model...> but you can't equip nor shoot them.
    OMG! thanx ALOT!!!!! u really made my day! It worked and so did the extra weapon thingy! thanx Ukuku
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    I just had a brainwave

could we not model the hats onto the playermodels?

then we could have hat sfm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    or one could spawn the hat and parent it to the head bone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    -FYI!!!! I will not be able to play as the survivors! It will just be normal TF2 with the L4D2 maps.
    I did something like they did here, though i had to export some more stuff because Portal and L4D2 ain't the same thing.-

So i succesfully got SFM launched using l4d2, the only problem i think i have is that the l4d2 maps are a newer version of BSP's.

As you can see, it's version 21 instead of version 20 which it was "expecting".
    So do any of you know if there's a way to change the BSP version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,898 Posts
    Which would be so much easier, then compiling and restarting everytime. But why would you want hats anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Everything is better with hats - TF2 has proven it so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    So i succesfully got SFM launched using l4d2, the only problem i think i have is that the l4d2 maps are a newer version of BSP's.

As you can see, it's version 21 instead of version 20 which it was "expecting".
    So do any of you know if there's a way to change the BSP version?

Holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

12. Post #212
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Please explain how you got it running in L4D2.

Would be a huge help.

Also im messing around with some sexy things i found in SFM, i cant seem to figure them out entirely, but ill make a post later tonight/early tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Please explain how you got it running in L4D2.

Would be a huge help.

Also im messing around with some sexy things i found in SFM, i cant seem to figure them out entirely, but ill make a post later tonight/early tomorrow.
    Something like this http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1534
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

14. Post #214
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

15. Post #215
    May 2007
    912 Posts

i finished this and realized that i have nothing to use it for
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 21 (list)

16. Post #216
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Still awesome! nice job.

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

i finished this and realized that i have nothing to use it for
    :slick:

18. Post #218
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Can anyone help me with this? This happens when i use mp_usehwmmodels 1 and mp_usehwmvrcds 1

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts

I sort of messed up since I was able to pass through the dispenser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    'nother large render with some dynamic lighting.

6000 x 3000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,875 Posts
    Holy crap I get to strike off
    -Get SFM to work
    Off of my crap to do before Episode 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    We just need to find out how to change the .bsp version of a map.. then theoretically one can load up any .bsp map in SourceFilmmaker right???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    We just need to find out how to change the .bsp version of a map.. then theoretically one can load up any .bsp map in SourceFilmmaker right???
    Search for the L4D1 maps Into L4D2 maps, i remember seeing something about changing that number.

Edited:

Sorry for the double post but i made a discovery.

I figured out how to make a dynamic moving light.
    Im going to mess around with it a bit more before explaining how, but thanks to darkoni making this possible. It is very easy but i want to figure out how to make it smoother movement.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Well seeing that L4D 1 and Tf2 have same .bsp version no.s i decided to try that out.... ended up crashing SFM each and every time I tried. Haven't found a way to change .bsp version no.s yet but i do have a quick question. HOW DO I TURN OFF THE 20 SECOND "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" THINGY AT THE START? Its getting really annoying!!! >:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    To skip the wait timer:
    mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1
    To pause the round timer:
    ent_fire team_round_timer pause
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    how?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Moving dynamic lights are easy: just don't delete the two subcategories I said to, and move around while recording.

28. Post #228
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    To skip the wait timer:
    mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1
    To pause the round timer:
    ent_fire team_round_timer pause
    I have that in my config file but it doesn't work.....even if i type it before is start recording... the timer still goes off. and after 20 seconds I'm brought back to the spawn room

29. Post #229
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Moving dynamic lights are easy: just don't delete the two subcategories I said to, and move around while recording.
    Ya, exactly lol.

I was trying to figure out how to make it look nicer and smoother light movement which im working on but i think i got it.

I just got sidetracked when i got SFM to work with ep2

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Ya, exactly lol.

I was trying to figure out how to make it look nicer and smoother light movement which im working on but i think i got it.

I just got sidetracked when i got SFM to work with ep2
    how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #231
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1534

not every map works and sound gets all glitchy and things dont spawn.

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1534

not every map works and sound gets all glitchy and things dont spawn.
    Long links gets the ... to shorten it down so you can't copy them that way
    Here's the proper one http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1534

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts

Excuse the lack of alarm, I've yet to get off my ass and find out how to use sounds in sfm. However, I think I know how to animate any flashlight feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,128 Posts
    Can anyone help me with this? This happens when i use mp_usehwmmodels 1 and mp_usehwmvrcds 1

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

Excuse the lack of alarm, I've yet to get off my ass and find out how to use sounds in sfm. However, I think I know how to animate any flashlight feature.
    That's pretty cool.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,886 Posts
    Dynamic lights heck yeah. (click for big)

To make the shadows more defined, darken the overall lighting with toneMapScale in camera settings, and increase the lights brightness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Dynamic lights heck yeah. (click for big)

To make the shadows more defined, darken the overall lighting with toneMapScale in camera settings, and increase the lights brightness.
    Oh snap, sweet!

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts
    Delete an ENTIRE take including lights, effect, puppets, etc(as far as I'm concerned havent tested 100%)

In the DME element editor, go to this directory

clipBin\sequence\subClipTrackGroup\tracks\Film\chi ldren\shot\scene\children

You can delete individual takes, or just the items within them.

Edited:

Yes! I was right! It does delete puppets!

Edited:

Okay, to remove everything ENTIRELY (what's shown up there leaves behind footsteps and stuff), simply right click and zoom in on the shot, and delete the take there as well. (or uncheck it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Delete an ENTIRE take including lights, effect, puppets, etc(as far as I'm concerned havent tested 100%)

In the DME element editor, go to this directory

clipBin\sequence\subClipTrackGroup\tracks\Film\chi ldren\shot\scene\children

You can delete individual takes, or just the items within them.

Edited:

Yes! I was right! It does delete puppets!

Edited:

Okay, to remove everything ENTIRELY (what's shown up there leaves behind footsteps and stuff), simply right click and zoom in on the shot, and delete the take there as well. (or uncheck it)
    God damn it's about time we found a way to do this.