1. Post #241
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    This video showing a silly rocket jump BUT the main thing is, i used the built in SFM color correction effect.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    This video showing a silly rocket jump BUT the main thing is, i used the built in SFM color correction effect.

How do you access the colour correction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

3. Post #243
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Steps for color correction ingame.
    So far its made up the use of .RAW files and their is only one that comes with tf2.

1.Record a scene and all that blahblah stuff.
    2.Right click you scene bar and zoom in
    3.Create a new track in take1
    4.Select Effects.
    5.Now add a clip to the new track by right clicking and add clip.
    6.Go to properties.
    7.Select file and choose tfhallway.raw in the tf folder.
    8.Extend the effect clip to whatever length you want it to be.
    9.Your done.

If anyone has any experience in Color Correcting .RAW files, please help us out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #244
    May 2007
    916 Posts
    Steps for color correction ingame.
    So far its made up the use of .RAW files and their is only one that comes with tf2.

1.Record a scene and all that blahblah stuff.
    2.Right click you scene bar and zoom in
    3.Create a new track in take1
    4.Select Effects.
    5.Now add a clip to the new track by right clicking and add clip.
    6.Go to properties.
    7.Select file and choose tfhallway.raw in the tf folder.
    8.Extend the effect clip to whatever length you want it to be.
    9.Your done.

If anyone has any experience in Color Correcting .RAW files, please help us out.
    ent_create color_correction
    colorcorrectionui
    make sure enable and enable entities are ticked
    the rest is pretty self explanatory

5. Post #245
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Streaming Source film maker, going to try and mess around with stuff and what not, come watch and help out if you want.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hoodedsniper

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    I'm also gonna be streaming, and taking some requests if they're not too ridiculous. http://www.livestream.com/bitesmodels

Edited:

No, fuck it, procaster is a piece of shit that can't even THINK of recording my shit without delaying my keys and mouse by a million years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

7. Post #247
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    I'm also gonna be streaming, and taking some requests if they're not too ridiculous. http://www.livestream.com/bitesmodels

Edited:

No, fuck it, procaster is a piece of shit that can't even THINK of recording my shit without delaying my keys and mouse by a million years.
    Thats common in like 90% of streams, i stopped streaming also.

8. Post #248
    July 2007
    822 Posts
    Anyone wanna tell me how to do all this? I'm intrigued.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    You mean like, just get SFM? Or use all of the awesome thing we're using like dynamic light and color correction? In either case, add me on steam.

10. Post #250
    July 2007
    822 Posts
    Mostly the first, but a bit of the second would be cool.
    Oh, and I added you. I'm [GS]Gunner

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    new problem
    Forgot to address this, what with all the Engineer update excitement. It's a pretty simple fix for the medigun texture. Open materials/models/weapons/w_medigun/w_medigun01.vmt and get rid of (or comment out with # signs) the two lines starting with
    Code:
    "$selfillum
    As far as I can tell that doesn't really decrease visual quality and fixes the crazy colours.

12. Post #252
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    ent_create color_correction
    colorcorrectionui
    make sure enable and enable entities are ticked
    the rest is pretty self explanatory
    You sir just saved me a shitload of extra rendering time.

13. Post #253
    May 2007
    916 Posts
    Forgot to address this, what with all the Engineer update excitement. It's a pretty simple fix for the medigun texture. Open materials/models/weapons/w_medigun/w_medigun01.vmt and get rid of (or comment out with # signs) the two lines starting with
    Code:
    "$selfillum
    As far as I can tell that doesn't really decrease visual quality and fixes the crazy colours.
    thank you doctor

14. Post #254
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Is there a way to remove the bugged fire effect on the view models? I remember seeing a fix but that was a long time ago.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3797244/fire...owTiled512.vtf

put that in:
    tf\materials\Effects\tiledfire

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Dynamic lights heck yeah. (click for big)

To make the shadows more defined, darken the overall lighting with toneMapScale in camera settings, and increase the lights brightness.
    So how exactly do you get to the toneMapScale. I couldn't find anything like that in the DME editor for my cameras.

17. Post #257
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,177 Posts
    For some reason when I load a map. All the map textures are black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,789 Posts
    For some reason when I load a map. All the map textures are black.
    If you're trying to load a custom map, the textures may be using new VTF effects that weren't available during the beta.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,886 Posts
    So how exactly do you get to the toneMapScale. I couldn't find anything like that in the DME editor for my cameras.
    right here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Im gonna be starting on This is tf2 again, comepletely new.

21. Post #261
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,177 Posts
    If you're trying to load a custom map, the textures may be using new VTF effects that weren't available during the beta.
    No it happens in 2fort
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

22. Post #262
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Ok after aprroximately 3 or 4 minutes of recording, i get this

Has any one had this problem before? or am i just late to figure this bug out.

Oh and by the way, I just figured out that something like a purple square show in the pic comes up when i press F + Left Mouse Dragging back and forth

It doesnt seem to do anything after I leave the left mouse button. You guys have any idea what this combo does?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    That is the focal point. Go look at the camera in the DME editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Thailand Show Events

24. Post #264
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    That is the focal point. Go look at the camera in the DME editor.
    Hmm.. If only I knew what focal point was........ would you be so kinds so as to explain it please? and whats it used for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

25. Post #265
    May 2007
    916 Posts
    Hmm.. If only I knew what focal point was........ would you be so kinds so as to explain it please? and whats it used for?
    the point that the camera focuses on when you render with dof enabled

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    I just had an idea for a movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    Then tell us, maybe?

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    No

I will keep my ideas to myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    No

I will keep my ideas to myself
    So you feel the need to annouce you have an idea for a movie, but not tell us?

Okay then.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    well

i was gonna use achievement idle, But i found a better map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    Stop being stubborn and just tell us. We wouldn't have SFM if accidentalypse hadn't told us how, he was just gonna keep it all to himself. So as I said, stop being stubborn :colbert:

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Stop being stubborn and just tell us. We wouldn't have SFM if accidentalypse hadn't told us how, he was just gonna keep it all to himself. So as I said, stop being stubborn :colbert:
    It's Swampie, it's not like his idea will be very good anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    :(

rendering it now anyway

Edited:

I made an entire team of non headed people but it didn't save right and i had to do it again

Edited:

[URL]

still processing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #274
    October 2006
    12 Posts
    :(

rendering it now anyway

Edited:

I made an entire team of non headed people but it didn't save right and i had to do it again

Edited:

[URL]

still processing
    You should really use maxed settings when you go to render...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Does anyone know how to animate objects like the sliding doors on Well?

I can't seem to find the specific door to use in the animation set editor, and the doors I can find always fuck up when I try to use the manipulator tool.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    You should really use maxed settings when you go to render...
    dont know why they were low
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #277
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Does anyone know how to animate objects like the sliding doors on Well?

I can't seem to find the specific door to use in the animation set editor, and the doors I can find always fuck up when I try to use the manipulator tool.
    Select all the bones and the entire animation through the entire scene.

38. Post #278
    July 2007
    822 Posts
    Anyone wanna help me install now? I keep crashing. :(
    EDIT: nope, got it.

39. Post #279
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Y'know someone should make a source film maker wiki page! with all the information gathered over here, it would be an awesome page for newcomers alike!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Wasn't there a wiki that went down? And a blog which stopped updating / only posted large tutorials?

Either way, yes, we need a wiki. I'm reading through the entire original thread now (halfway through) and finding some tips I hadn't seen yet, as well as plenty of videos that don't show up easily to youtube searches. Even just a Wikia section would do, right?