1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Hmmm... I have a problem.... Why are my wires in wireframe?

Does it render like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    Yeah, the community that hosted the SFM wiki suddenly died.

I'll create a wikia for it.

Edited:

http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...Filmmaker_Wiki

I'll start a bulk of the work tomorrow.
    So many god damn ads.

Isn't there a software that you can add to your site and choose if you want ads on your wiki? Or do you have no site?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #323
    December 2009
    47 Posts
    Does it render like that?
    Yes it does, and when i add the color correction effect, like at random points i'd see thin straight white lines through passing thorugh my Engine viewport kinda like wireframe particles but all i was rendering was soldier running through the fields.

Edited:

So many god damn ads.

Isn't there a software that you can add to your site and choose if you want ads on your wiki? Or do you have no site?
    If our site gains popularity then, we should be getting less ads. But then again i have a feeling that Valve might close down this wiki if they come to know of it. Still it doesnt matter, we should spread this site out to the other Sourcefilmmakers out there like those people out there at youtube who make awesome (and by awesome, i mean the best there is) machinima series with this tool. We should tell them about this wikki so that they can contribute their secrets and bug fixes! In the end, the public always wins Valve. (i feel so patriotic right now.... wierd)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. India Show Events

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Wow, I didn't realize how many ads Wikia has (I use Adblock Plus). Anyway, just finished editing the tips page to clean up the formatting. Also moved it to fix the title, then realized that I still didn't capitalize "Things." Ah well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts

yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 27Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Im loving the wiki. Great job on it, i also added to my color correction technique. On how to use the .raw files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    I'm working on a really word and picture heavy guide to the SFM (starting with the UI)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,960 Posts
    Wire-frame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Im loving the wiki. Great job on it, i also added to my color correction technique. On how to use the .raw files.
    i put that in my tips page...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #330
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    i put that in my tips page...
    I mean i added onto it, i saw it and i found something else out on how to make .raw files for use with it, i just added that part.

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Awesome, Thanks for keeping it on one page

i might start on rendering

Edited:

:eng99:

Edited:

Done basic rendering, But i don't know anything about tga rendering, It would be great if someone could add it:

http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...#How_to_render

Edited:

And how do i change the logo?

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    Awesome, Thanks for keeping it on one page

i might start on rendering

Edited:

:eng99:

Edited:

Done basic rendering, But i don't know anything about tga rendering, It would be great if someone could add it:

http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...#How_to_render

Edited:

And how do i change the logo?
    I thought the only way to render was the advanced way - .tga and .wav. Darkomni taught me how, so I could possibly write the guide. Unless he wants to, he's way better at it :3:

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,634 Posts
    So many god damn ads.

BRother! I found you!

Edited:

I thought the only way to render was the advanced way - .tga and .wav. Darkomni taught me how, so I could possibly write the guide. Unless he wants to, he's way better at it :3:
    My Twin brother!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Awesome, Then i could learn

finishing up a logo to :D

when i make it, How do i implement it?

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    Swampie: Wikia has an image upload function, right? That should be used instead of Filsemelt

Wikia also has a page on Logo specifications.

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts

I can Never get the text right

feel free to re-do the text

Edited:

Swampie: Wikia has an image upload function, right? That should be used instead of Filsemelt

Wikia also has a page on Logo specifications.
    it didnt work

said the file couldn't be found

Edited:

"you don't have permission"

fuuu

Edited:

Fuck, I need admin

i think i deserve admin, I added lots off stuff...

just sayin

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Awesome, Then i could learn

finishing up a logo to :D

when i make it, How do i implement it?
    Post it here.

nvm, I'll just resize the logo I already made.

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Posted it up there ^^^

i deserve admin for the stuph i did

i think...

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    Do you mind if I do the Advanced Rendering?

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Go for it

I want to learn :D

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Do you mind if I do the Advanced Rendering?
    Please, feel free to edit anything. Just try to make it fairly detailed and explain it as best you can.

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    Anyone can edit for a reason

Edited:

So will you add new text to my logo panda?

Edited:

And then use it?

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    Please, feel free to edit anything. Just try to make it fairly detailed and explain it as best you can.
    I'll do my best

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Anyone can edit for a reason

Edited:

So will you add new text to my logo panda?

Edited:

And then use it?
    I'm going to resize mine.

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,634 Posts
    I'll do my best
    Brother are you by the KFC? What is that red wall behind you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Lithuania Show Events

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    Nobody cared about my video :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    I liked it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    Here, have a round, yellow face which sticks it tongue out for no apparent reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    wow, i didnt expect diamo here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    Brother are you by the KFC? What is that red wall behind you?
    The blood of the Jews.

And by the way: http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wik...#How_to_render

I hope I did my best explaining. If there's a fault in it, please post it here.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    I wrote an insomnia-fueled "what you'll encounter" section; what do people think of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Thailand Show Events

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    I wrote an insomnia-fueled "what you'll encounter" section; what do people think of it?
    Link to the page? I can't find it

And I think that is a great idea. Don't forget to mention about how you NEED to have the blue arrow thing on the shot AND the shot selected when adding a camera. It crashes when you don't :c

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts
    Here, have a round, yellow face which sticks it tongue out for no apparent reason.
    kiss me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Guys, try to keep this somewhat professional. Avoid swearing and stuff please :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,897 Posts
    How did I miss it that bad

Edited:

I think we should add a page to tell us some of the problems in SFM and how to deal with them.
    Or problems that have no fixes but that we should look out for.

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,007 Posts
    I think we should add a page to tell us some of the problems in SFM and how to deal with them.
    Or problems that have no fixes but that we should look out for.
    Sounds good. I'm going to quickly make a Bugs page and add a few of the obvious ones, then.

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,828 Posts
    my tip/fix page?

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Is anyone else on x64 Windows 7 Premium unable to render sound?

I've tried fucking everything and everyime I render a WAV, it's just a corrupted 44 byte file.

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,376 Posts

alrighty then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)