1. Post #1401
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    Me too. You can't get banned what so ever with steam running. It doesn't care if you're running Sfm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

2. Post #1402
    Hopefully both of you are right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

3. Post #1403
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    I've used SFM with Steam since the beginning and nothing has happened.

4. Post #1404
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Do you mean launch SFM from a Steam shortcut, or use Steam with using the SFM at the same time.

I don't think I've ever actually run SFM without Steam running in the background.

5. Post #1405
    or use Steam with using the SFM at the same time.
    This.
    It's useful to me since I'm downloading Alien Swarm for the entire day (yes, very slow connection) and want to learn how to use SFM by the way.

6. Post #1406
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts
    Why would you log off of Steam? It doesn't even recognize steam is on because of the new UI.

7. Post #1407
    When I ran TF2 beta itself (to change few things, such as turning on fast weapon switch), I had the Steam Overlay, although it didn't detect the game.

8. Post #1408
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts
    When I ran TF2 beta itself (to change few things, such as turning on fast weapon switch), I had the Steam Overlay, although it didn't detect the game.
    Not anymore, it doesn't recognize the Steam UI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1409

September 2009
    39 Posts
    Guys, I created a new video. Basically, it's a test, but it really went well. I thought that I could have a red engie get killed by a red sentry by having a red engie bot build a level 3 sentry, and having a blue engie try to "repair" it, and then get killed by sourcemod. Then I would change a value in source filmmaker to make the blu engineer red. As for the results, see for yourself.

http://www.filefront.com/17131751/engie%20probs.avi

note, if you freezeframe a couple of frames after the engie dies, you can see that the ragdoll is blue.

10. Post #1410
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    328 Posts
    So is it really impossible to create a particle emmiter for gunfire and blood?

I don't know if this helps, but a friend of mine decompiled all the L4D2 maps, including the passing.

http://nuclearvelocity.com/ds/static...d2mapsrc_v3.7z (You need 7-Zip to extract)

If someone could open it up in the TF2 SDK, and compile it there, etc (python scripts and stuff), we might be able to use SMF in L4D2 maps. But I'm so expert, just trying to help. Be nice :)
    And are these useless?

11. Post #1411
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    So is it really impossible to create a particle emmiter for gunfire and blood?

And are these useless?
    If anyone can compile the Concert finale to an earlier BSP version i'll love them forever

12. Post #1412
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    If anyone can compile the Concert finale to an earlier BSP version i'll love them forever
    I assume we can't use the Python script we already use for the TF2 maps?

Speaking of which, I don't know why that isn't working for me, but I desperately need it to work. Having a clip of the rocket firing off in cp_steel would make my video so freakin' awesome.

13. Post #1413
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,029 Posts

Speaking of which, I don't know why that isn't working for me, but I desperately need it to work. Having a clip of the rocket firing off in cp_steel would make my video so freakin' awesome.
    Like is there an actual method to make it appear so or are you asking for IMPROVISED ideas to make it look like that?

If the latter, an idea: Noclip with the Pyro in a few shots and fire down from inside/barely under the rocket, view it from a side perspective, and add a little jitter to the camera is how I'd go about it. As for making it move/in the air... I got nothing except some external editing tricks so... yeah, sorry if that isn't what you're looking for. D:

A better method? Don't ask me. I try to deal in forced perspective rather than tech.

14. Post #1414
    How do I change the team and class when I want to record myself as someone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #1415
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    How do I change the team and class when I want to record myself as someone else?
    , (in gameplay mode) for class

. (in gameplay mode) for team

If that doesn't work, you can open the console and use 'changeteam' and 'joinclass <class>' to get it to work.

16. Post #1416
    While we're at joinclass command, which one is for Heavy?

17. Post #1417
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,381 Posts
    heavyweapons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #1418
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,560 Posts
    Can you use the unlockable weapons and hats with this? I'm unsure, due to it using the beta TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

19. Post #1419
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,112 Posts
    Read the thread.

20. Post #1420
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,560 Posts
    Read the thread.
    I'd rather not; you do it for me and report back later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

21. Post #1421
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,112 Posts
    :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1422
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    I'd rather not; you do it for me and report back later.
    rofl
    lazyy

23. Post #1423
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    328 Posts
    Here's No Mercy for Garry's Mod, so that means it works with the Orange Box Engine. All you need to so is extract the L4D textures, models, and maybe sounds to the TF2 Beta folder, along with the map. Don't forget the Python scripts.

I haven't tested it myself yet though.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76022

But it should work.

You need L4D to extract, it does not come with the textures and models.

24. Post #1424
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Here's No Mercy for Garry's Mod, so that means it works with the Orange Box Engine. All you need to so is extract the L4D textures, models, and maybe sounds to the TF2 Beta folder, along with the map. Don't forget the Python scripts.

I haven't tested it myself yet though.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76022

But it should work.

You need L4D to extract, it does not come with the textures and models.
    L4D and L4D2 uses different BSP versions so just because L4D will work doesn't mean L4D2 will, i think. http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...t#BSP_Versions

Edited:

Nah, they only change the VTF versions

25. Post #1425
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    ent_fire !self addoutput "targetname me"
    ent_fire name setparent me/name2 (you can attach to another prop too)
    ent_fire name disablecollision
    ent_fire name setparentattachment attachment (look in source sdk for parts of the parent you can attach too. For TF2 models, its 'head', 'flag', and 'partyhat.'
    Tutorials? Please?

26. Post #1426
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,050 Posts
    hah. i was screwing around with SFM with steam being opened.... and earned Impossible Defense beware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #1427
    NS TF2 also changes the original TF2 settings.

28. Post #1428
    April 2010
    822 Posts
    Um, I'm fairly new to SFM, and I've just recently been capable of making videos. I have just one question, though: For some reason, when I go to record, even if I have 'Snap Player to Camera' and 'Work Camera' on, I always spawn at resupply. How would I go about fixing this?

29. Post #1429
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    328 Posts
    L4D and L4D2 uses different BSP versions so just because L4D will work doesn't mean L4D2 will, i think. http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...t#BSP_Versions
    All I did was post a No Mercy map fully compatible with the Orange Box, the same engine TF2 uses. With proper tweaking, we can get it to work, but I lack a proper computer to test it myself :P

Yes it's not L4D2, but it's a step in the right direction.

-----

Also, the link to the decompiled L4D2 maps has been updated: http://nuclearvelocity.com/barracuda...d2mapsrc_v3.7z (You still need 7-Zip to extract)

30. Post #1430
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Um, I'm fairly new to SFM, and I've just recently been capable of making videos. I have just one question, though: For some reason, when I go to record, even if I have 'Snap Player to Camera' and 'Work Camera' on, I always spawn at resupply. How would I go about fixing this?
    For me that only happens the first time i spawn. So what i do is, spawn, quit recording, Ctrl+N (starts new session), and it will spawn wherever you are

31. Post #1431
    April 2009
    1,750 Posts
    Tutorials? Please?
    ... That's everything... in order.

32. Post #1432
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Well could you put it in an example? What you wrote doesn't make much sense on this end.

33. Post #1433
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,963 Posts
    hah. i was screwing around with SFM with steam being opened.... and earned Impossible Defense beware.
    You can still earn achievements in the game, it's just a clientside thing. I don't think it would send Steam a message, though I can't be sure.

Edited:

My Final Fortress video is coming along fairly well. It's taken me over a week just to get 57 seconds in. The song I'm setting the video to is 3 minutes, 7 seconds. I'm running out of ideas for good clips, too. Oh boy...

Edited:

I'm probably not the first, but I found that the Heavy's minigun muzzleflash can be fixed by using bots and bot_mimic 1 and mirroring your seen. Difficult to control, but it works. Doesn't work for Spy cloaks, though.

34. Post #1434
    January 2010
    245 Posts
    Honestly, I don't really understand what to do either. I just never bothered to ask you cause I didn't really care till now.

35. Post #1435
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,048 Posts
    Is there a way to make SFM work with new TF2 stuff?
    I want to get it for ages, but am not sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

36. Post #1436
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    Is there a way to make SFM work with new TF2 stuff?
    I want to get it for ages, but am not sure.
    No.

37. Post #1437
    I do not think the retail Source Filmmaker will come out EVEN if Meet the Medic and Pyro are finished and released, they probably only want it for THEMSELVES. And I noticed in Meet the Demoman that they kept the OLDEST grenade behavior (After bouncing, it explodes on contact with enemy player)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1438
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,560 Posts
    Don't you hate it when there isn't a single seeder online? Makes downloading a pain.

39. Post #1439
    June 2010
    556 Posts
    i think.We better wait to publish valve film maker.Its better than go to jail for download illegal Tf2 Beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

40. Post #1440
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,560 Posts
    i think.We better wait to publish valve film maker.Its better than go to jail for download illegal Tf2 Beta

Oh crap, you're absolutely right. The very fraction of the second you click the "download" button the FBI will track you down, take your computer away and lock you up.

Besides, you wouldn't download a mercenary.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)