1. Post #1
    February 2010
    1,396 Posts
    :siren:CURRENT NEWS MOTHERFUCKERS:siren:: Vindictus Early Open Beta is go! You if you have a key, register it at the site. Remember to play on your respect server (example: you live in California, play on West! If you live in New York, like me, play on East!)

Open Beta is announced for October 6th! Those who haven't been able to get into beta will be able to play when it hits it's open beta stage~!

Vindictus the newest action MMO being released by Nexon USA. Vindictus mostly takes place in a town called Colhen after the prologue. This is where you, a mercenary, do quests given by key characters and townsfolk. You can do dungeons by traveling on boats by yourself, or with a party of four.

STORY:
    The air is thick with despair, and the battles never cease. Rain falls, yet the land is barren, as if the earth has been drenched in too much bloodshed to bear fruit. Monstrous creatures lurk in every trench, cave, and valley. To survive, people have huddled together, forming ramshackle towns with high walls. Yet, cowering behind those walls does not guarantee safety...

What has become of the outside world? Few people know. Fewer care to find out. As the common folk trudge from one empty day into the next, only one thought keeps them going: the Legend. The Legend will come to pass. The people yearn for it, pray for it. They hope and believe. And because they believe, they know.

One day, they will be in Erinn.

In this world, there is but one moon, and it shines upon a wasteland where Fomors and beasts roam, hungry to tear flesh from bone. Not so in Erinn. In Erinn, there will be two moons, Eweca and Lateka, and they will shine with the brightness of the gods. There, no one will age or fall ill, and the land will be rich with bountiful resources.

It is the dream of Erinn, the paradise promised in the Legend, which fuels humanity in these dark times. The people wait, as they have for countless generations, for the black-winged goddess to come and save them.

They wait. Because the Legend is truth. It must be, for it is all they have.
    COMBAT:

It would be dumb of me to explain the combat in words, so here are some videos to give you an idea of how the game's combat is. Mind of you, some of these videos are from the foreign versions so you might notice content missing from your version compared to theirs!

CHARACTERS:

There are currently 5 characters in Vindictus. Two, however, remain unreleased in North America and it will likely stay this way for some time.

LANN

Lann is the first male character of Vindictus, who specializes in dual-wielding weapons, most notably swords. His attacks are speedy, and in the battlefield his enemies are left breathless at his seemingly non-stop whirlwind of slashes and thrusts. Because he relies on speed, Lann starts out wearing light armor. As he gets stronger, he learns how to wear heavy armor without impeding his quick movements.

Lann hails from the northwest. He left his hometown when it was destroyed by Fomors and came to Colhen to join the Crimson Blade mercenaries. He stakes his entire identity on his ability to be victorious in battle.

FIONA

Fiona is a balanced warrior who wields a sword and a shield. She values defense, so she uses her shield to protect herself during combat and then strikes strategically when enemies aren't expecting it. She is able to wear heavy armor from the start and later learns to wear plate armor as well.

Fiona comes from the south. She treasures her privacy and boasts a solemn, serious personality, so no one knows how she came to join the Crimson Blade mercenaries. She rarely speaks about her past. Even as people marvel at her combat abilities, they can't help but wonder what secrets she's hiding.

EVIE

Evie is a magic user who can wield a staff or later on in the game, a battle scythe. She can use elemental magic spells as well as control gravity. While weak compared to the other characters, she has a different health/defense system (still weaker then anybody else). Instead of taking damage directly from her health points (HP), it is removed from her shields first. There are five shields that must be broken before any HP is lost.

She is weaker in terms of health and strength than any of the other characters, but still plays an important role in a group with her high-powered spells and her ability to conjure Golems from the scenery.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Unlike most F2P games, Vindictus runs on the Source Engine by none other than Valve. This means the game isn't very graphically intensive, and it's possible to run it smoothly so long as your computer isn't from the stone ages.

If you need more information, check out the Vindictus Wiki. Always up to date, and hosted by Curse.com!

http://www.vindictuswiki.com/wiki/Vindictus_Wiki

:siren:COMMENCE POSTING:siren:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2009
    723 Posts
    This looks-...

I suppose I'll wait and see.

3. Post #3
    February 2010
    486 Posts
    there is literally no doubt it's going to be a pile of shit coming from nexon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    The game looks pretty cool.

but its from Nexon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    ♩♪♫♬
    March 2009
    2,453 Posts
    Looks decent but uhh...

Nexon and their cash shops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,014 Posts
    This is about as close to an MMO as Counter Strike Source or Guild Wars is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree x 3Disagree x 2Dumb x 2Funny x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    3,394 Posts
    I think I heard this is what Mabinogi: Heroes is being released as for the US/possibly international market. I might check this out myself when the beta hits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    Yea this is Mabinogi Heores renamed because people were confused and thought it was an anime kawaii game.

Also there is already a thread on this.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,006 Posts
    Cash shop shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    Cash shop shit.
    Don't bad talk the game unless you have played it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    Cash shops are shit

no exceptions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2010
    448 Posts
    There are so many new games coming out.

Please just stop.

13. Post #13
    February 2010
    1,396 Posts
    Jeez, you guys sure do love bad mouthing a game you most likely haven't heard of right up until now, right? Chill out guys, just because it's one company doesn't mean it's going to be fucked up. In fact, the only thing that the cash shop is really going to be used for is cosmetics mostly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    November 2008
    753 Posts
    Jeez, you guys sure do love bad mouthing a game you most likely haven't heard of right up until now, right? Chill out guys, just because it's one company doesn't mean it's going to be fucked up. In fact, the only thing that the cash shop is really going to be used for is cosmetics mostly.
    The problem here is Nexon's track record.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    The problem here is Nexon's track record.
    Notice the big change for them is using the Source engine, that's something different altogether. It's the first MMO to have action and physics. So maybe they will also change their cash shop items so they don't unbalance the game.

16. Post #16
    July 2009
    9,936 Posts
    That doesnt look like source....
    :psyboom:

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    That doesnt look like source....
    :psyboom:
    Watch more combat videos and you will recognize it. I believe they added cloth physics and destructible clothes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Royal Flush Commander of the North Star between Norway and Russia in some other universe then here.

July 2005
    668 Posts
    I've played this game during a giant convention sometime last year, it was in the building stages so everything wasn't fully developed. Combat is wonderful, issue is connection seeing how they won't be connecting via network but more P2P connection just like they did with Dungeon Fighter Online.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    4,820 Posts
    Saw some videos of this a while back, probably a good idea it was renamed for ever here eh. Been waiting for it for a while, real time combat is good in my books.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    The characters all look like

21. Post #21
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    January 2007
    2,692 Posts
    Best feature: you can pick up any object and use them as weapons. Eg, dead enemies shields, throw them like a motherfucking discus

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,771 Posts
    Notice the big change for them is using the Source engine, that's something different altogether. It's the first MMO to have action and physics. So maybe they will also change their cash shop items so they don't unbalance the game.
    An mmo on the source engine? More importantly: an MMO by nexon? :byodood: it's a bad mix, this is either gonna be good or terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    If they used Hammer for the maps, it will be utter shit. It will turn into laggy, badly optimized 1.5mi^2 or so maps. I am really hoping they devised a editor without a ridiculous arbitrary grid size limit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    405 Posts
    Mmmm...source engine...

25. Post #25
    December 2009
    1,224 Posts
    wow really?

Edited:

mortal online?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    172 Posts
    Meh, they'll most likely end up releasing it exclusively for the north America market so we Europeans will have to wait for half a Millennia to get a chance to try it out without having to rely on proxies and stuff.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,006 Posts
    Oh shit, I did play it.

still Cash shop shit.

Edited:

Also, you can tell it's source because in an earlier trailer a wooden barrel breaks when the player walked into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    March 2010
    793 Posts
    Mabinogi was hard as fuck at times and was fun and this seems to be the case in this as well.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2006
    718 Posts
    Been wanting to try this one. Mabinogi was kinda shitty, but this looks pretty great.

30. Post #30
    September 2008
    247 Posts
    Combat looks like Devil May Cry with multiplayer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,181 Posts
    Watch more combat videos and you will recognize it. I believe they added cloth physics and destructible clothes.
    So if you're like some huge roid raging tank covered in like 20 suits of platemail, does it gradually break off in battle and make you more vulnerable?

Also, I've been waiting for this one. The original trailer they showed at some Korean expo years back was mindblowingly awesome.

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    February 2009
    2,898 Posts
    I am excited for this.

33. Post #33
    Human Bean
    January 2010
    847 Posts
    Don't even wait for it guys I played it and it sucks.

If you're wondering how I've played it:

KSSN
    Proxifier
    Done

Imagine rakion with better graphics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,768 Posts
    This is about as close to an MMO as Counter Strike Source or Guild Wars is
    This. I hate it when people think this shit is a MMO.

Edited:

Don't even wait for it guys I played it and it sucks.

If you're wondering how I've played it:

KSSN
    Proxifier
    Done

Imagine rakion with better graphics.
    and this.

35. Post #35
    April 2009
    1,333 Posts
    Nexon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,046 Posts
    THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

.nexon.com
    .... No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2010
    793 Posts
    Rakion is sexy sex, I'll love this.

38. Post #38
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    I played this game before, you know because its going to be exactly like every other Nexon game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,250 Posts
    wait, I thought this was just a mp rpg. Not an mmo.. :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)