1. Post #1
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Here are all the models I made and the models I'm working on.
    Please comment.
    F-302:

Some ramps:

Deathglider:

Tollan Ion Cannon:

Ori Satellite:

Horizon:

Aurora:

Destiny Shuttle:

Destiny DHD:

Orlin's gate:

Asuran Satellite:

Destiny turret:

Kino remote:

Destiny door control:

Kino Dispenser:

Destiny timer:

Destiny Gate bearing:

Kino:

Apple core:

Universe gate:

Things I'm working on:
    A Red Alert 2 pack for gmod.
    I got sick of stargate models.
    Update:
    I got bored with Red Alert 2 models also.
    Probably gonna go back to Stargate.
    ;p
    This addon is now part of Carter's pack.
    Currently this thread is in a deep coma. I may wake it up some day.
    (Maybe in the summer.)
    You can find out more about what I'm doing if you subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    30 Posts
    Oh my! You've done quite a lot of good work! Kudos to you friend! :D

3. Post #3
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Good work. I wanna to code Horizon for my Daedalus :)Also I though about coding Ori sattelite, just after Daedalus, if u want :) Could u model Staff Standing part, like in my weapons pack, my version suck. Also, could u make Destiny Weapons?

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Good work. I wanna to code Horizon for my Daedalus :)Also I though about coding Ori sattelite, just after Daedalus, if u want :) Could u model Staff Standing part, like in my weapons pack, my version suck. Also, could u make Destiny Weapons?
    I'll upload those in a couple of minutes. Go ahead and code them.
    As for the other stuff, I'll see what I can do.

5. Post #5
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    could you make a destiny kino remote you know the one they use to dial the gate? and maybe a destiny main weapon the 3 barrel one on th ebottom and the turret one on the top?

6. Post #6
    July 2007
    36 Posts
    those are some awesome models nice work.

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Horizon and Ori satellite uploaded(check OP).

8. Post #8
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    oh i even thought of the destinys doors and button to open it maybe an animated door that when the button is pressed it turns that little dial and opens? that would be bas azz

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_pulse_weapon pictures of the destiny weapons and the main gun just scroll down.... also if yo uneed pictures of the doors and control panel i could get those along with the kino remote to dial the gate

i can get sounds and edit... and who ever can code it you can make the remote so it shows you holding it or the doors wire so you can wire up the button to it..

destiny doors and the control to open http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny

acient remote http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_remote_control

9. Post #9
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    I can't do much with those pictures of destinys main weapons.
    They're too dark.
    I'll do the door control, but the doors would be pretty much useless
    as I don't know how to make moving colision models, so either you would be able to pass right trough it or you wouldn't, regardless of wheather it's open or not.

10. Post #10
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    sweet work man, i like those ramps though they need some texture edits they look rly nice and nice job whit that dhd we rly need to get that in game, in a portable dhd model also =D the Asuran Satellite is coming there, nice job so far :D

11. Post #11
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    I can't do much with those pictures of destinys main weapons.
    They're too dark.
    I'll do the door control, but the doors would be pretty much useless
    as I don't know how to make moving colision models, so either you would be able to pass right trough it or you wouldn't, regardless of wheather it's open or not.

you can ask these guys about the doors how to make collisions or what ever they made doors for the sbmp http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....highlight=sbmp

i might be able to get much better pics of the main weapon give me time.

12. Post #12
    April 2010
    154 Posts
    really nice work!

13. Post #13
    June 2009
    88 Posts
    I try download the destiny DHD, and it just keeps going back to the Fileplanet Download button thing page (lol best i could describe it :S )

Am i the only one with this problem?

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,136 Posts
    can you please use some ambient occlusion when baking textures

15. Post #15
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    can you please use some ambient occlusion when baking textures
    What's that ?

16. Post #16
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Nice work - orlins gate will be scripted tomorrow if i got good sounds

17. Post #17
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    I try download the destiny DHD, and it just keeps going back to the Fileplanet Download button thing page (lol best i could describe it :S )

Am i the only one with this problem?
    I think you're the only one with this problem as it's been already downloaded about 40 times.

18. Post #18
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    What's that ?
    Ao maps its rly handy for texturing the shadows from the model on the 2D texture.

Ps: can i re texture your stuff ?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,507 Posts
    Very nice,
    I can't help but ask though, will you be rendering the destiny shuttle to look similar to the one in the show?

20. Post #20
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Very nice,
    I can't help but ask though, will you be rendering the destiny shuttle to look similar to the one in the show?
    Maybe, but not in the near future.

21. Post #21
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    Oke i spotted a huge mistake in your vmt's you did it whit all

so to make clear a diffuse map is NOT a bump/normal map

as you did it on your ramps like:

"vertexlitgeneric" {
    "$basetexture" "Iziraider\ramp3\ramp3"
    "$bumpmap" "Iziraider\ramp3\ramp3"
    "$surfaceprop" "concrete"
    }

This will give a very bad effect in game, like its fucking all pixely
    What a real normal map should look like in the source engine is something like this:

Hight:

Normal:

You first make a hight map from gray scaled levels for depth = black and white = hight, though the source engine prefers its green channel flipped than whit other normals it needs to be done like this or baked normals from high poly models to low poly.

Though never add the diffuse to a bumpmap line this will give a bad result, though if you would like to have shiny effect on your texture/models use phong, just add them to your vmt as example:

"vertexlitgeneric"
    {
    "$basetexture" "Iziraider\ramp3\ramp3"
    "$surfaceprop" "concrete"
    "$phong" "1"
    "$phongexponent" "33"
    "$phongboost" "1"
    "$phongfresnelranges" "[1 4 5]"
    "$halflambert" "1"
    "$phongalbedotint" "1"
    }

So i hope you learned something from this and that i see you never use a diffuse for a bumpmap command any more xD

Ps:

Also never go above 1024x1024 thats to huge, you can work in 2048 but when you done its best you resize back to 1024 and sharpen it.

And this is a AO for the Ramp3 as you can see it makes the shadows from the model and so its nice to have when you are texturing lights and shadows:

22. Post #22
    April 2008
    47 Posts
    Little criticism and suggestion. I'm focusing of the Aurora that was released above. First because I have only just downloaded it now, is there an interior? Second, The model shown in the picture looks good however there seem to be no textures. Third, I have to wonder if there is a way in and out of the ship other then no-clip if there are interiors?

Edit: Nevermind I found my answers myself and I'm going to see if I can find some HQ textures for it. if I do I'll send you a link

23. Post #23
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    Nice work - orlins gate will be scripted tomorrow if i got good sounds

i dont belive it ever had any sounds it was silent.. but i can get them for you ill have to look at the episode and if it has sounds ill edit them for you

Edited:

ok here are two really good shots of the main top guns and the main top turrets.. ill see if i can get the under 3 gun turret these should be clear enough for ya just click the blue link it looks like an advertisement but its not its my mediafileshareing ill try to get the other pics for the door and main under gun

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...a8d2a77d7aad89

24. Post #24
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    the destiny shuttle download says 404 error and i tried 10 min later the screen is blank

25. Post #25
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Those errors are from filefront. I can't do anything about them.

I was making destiny's weapons and I felt like making a small animation:

26. Post #26
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Nice models! Congratulation (Aurora is a bit ugly but not the model only the textures)

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Destiny turret:

Download

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,348 Posts
    Love it :3:

29. Post #29
    April 2010
    154 Posts
    Destiny turret:
    REALLY nice!

Has anyone ever thought of making the Grace ship????

Wikia-->

30. Post #30
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    Those errors are from filefront. I can't do anything about them.

I was making destiny's weapons and I felt like making a small animation:

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B-4ZT7AHNKc

how did yo umake this animation? what program did you use?

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,348 Posts
    Probably 3ds max.

32. Post #32
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    if anyone knows how to code work on the destiny guns ship etc

33. Post #33
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    I'm making destiny's weapons because Madman07 requested them, so there's a good chance he'll also code them.
    Also, I made the animations in 3ds max.

34. Post #34
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    And here u have a little present, I wrote a few lines of code to see, how it will look like.

35. Post #35
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    And here u have a little present, I wrote a few lines of code to see, how it will look like.

nice work :-)

next the desty turret>? they fire one at a time not both at once just to let you know

36. Post #36
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    nice work :-)

next the desty turret>? they fire one at a time not both at once just to let you know
    Then I think I have to redo the firing animation.

37. Post #37
    August 2008
    149 Posts
    hey man im josepho93 as u can see and id like to give u an offer from me and kevin and i we are creating a models pack and u have obviously been to our forum and it is a bit dead i offer you the position in our pack for some of your models as we are going to code the ones kevin has made and put them in a pack things have been a little slow as my computers cant compiel them anymore but if u would like to join just email me at Snowfire@hotmail.com.au or via private message i beleive your models will really help us also they look really good

38. Post #38
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    hey man im josepho93 as u can see and id like to give u an offer from me and kevin and i we are creating a models pack and u have obviously been to our forum and it is a bit dead i offer you the position in our pack for some of your models as we are going to code the ones kevin has made and put them in a pack things have been a little slow as my computers cant compiel them anymore but if u would like to join just email me at Snowfire@hotmail.com.au or via private message i beleive your models will really help us also they look really good
    I would have to say no, but thanks anyway for asking.

39. Post #39
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    Then I think I have to redo the firing animation.

yes they do fire one then the next if you watch space where there seen shooting.. also the main gun does it as well... i ahve the sounds for it to both clean sounds of the turret and the main gun when your ready let me know and ill send them to you..

40. Post #40
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    yes they do fire one then the next if you watch space where there seen shooting.. also the main gun does it as well... i ahve the sounds for it to both clean sounds of the turret and the main gun when your ready let me know and ill send them to you..
    And what do you think I can do with the sounds. I only make models.