1. Post #1
    Reg
    August 2009
    1,004 Posts
    What will happen? Also I am infected by Desktop Security 2010 shit, how do I get rid of it?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Oh dear.

Err, for the DS2010 shit, boot in safe mode then there is a particular program that is good for getting rid of it, lemme see if I can find it.

3. Post #3
    Get malwarebytes.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,891 Posts
    Who developed Desktop Security? And why the fuck would they spend time on making it? :doh:

5. Post #5
    Reg
    August 2009
    1,004 Posts
    Thank you, but what happens about the roaming folder? Should I backup my data before it's too late?

Edited:

Who developed Desktop Security? And why the fuck would they spend time on making it? :doh:
    They scam peole and scare them to buy fake licenses of their software that does nothing.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,811 Posts
    You'd lose a lot of settings. And I don't know if Windows will rebuild it's appdata settings though other programs will.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts

8. Post #8
    Reg
    August 2009
    1,004 Posts
    You'd lose a lot of settings. And I don't know if Windows will rebuild it's appdata settings though other programs will.
    Settings like? And what happens if windows can't rebuild its appdata?

Edited:

I tried recuva, it found i think all the files i removed, but it recovered them to a folder I made for it and I don't know how to put them back to their respective folders.. what do I do?
    I also used CCleaner to remove the autostart of the security center thingy, and deleted its files.

Now I really need to know how to put all those files back in their place, please help

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,811 Posts
    Settings like? And what happens if windows can't rebuild its appdata?

Edited:

I tried recuva, it found i think all the files i removed, but it recovered them to a folder I made for it and I don't know how to put them back to their respective folders.. what do I do?
    I also used CCleaner to remove the autostart of the security center thingy, and deleted its files.

Now I really need to know how to put all those files back in their place, please help
    You'll just lose a lot of stuff. Start menu items, libraries (7), quick launch, send to items, MRU, credentials saved, crypto signatures, network connection files, sandboxed registry, any sticky notes you have, system certificates, sandboxed files, and any programs' settings that uses %appdata% so you could lose serial keys, configs, etc.

10. Post #10
    Reg
    August 2009
    1,004 Posts
    Does this apply on reboot? Or right after?

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,811 Posts
    Does this apply on reboot? Or right after?
    The instant you deleted it. Though prior to reboot some things might be cached. Did you permanently delete or throw it into the RBin?

12. Post #12
    Reg
    August 2009
    1,004 Posts
    Well.. I rebooted.. Only problems were Firefox got completely reset, Photoshop forgot its license so I had to reinstall from the disc, but nothing else.
    Thank you guys for the help.