Dennab
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYF9exhm-Q

+

=

:buddy:

Edited:

I did have some issues with the medigun though... I'm pretty sure some of the angles are messed up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #3682
    January 2008
    1,130 Posts
    You are right, angles are a bit messed up, you should try using some reference points before drawing the angles but that's not really the problem. The real problem is the transition of the handle towards the barrel. Also the barrel is a bit twisted which isn't really a problem when drawing cartoons, but it makes the handle look out of place.
    The lines aren't bend perfectly, but it's just to give you an idea:

You need to try line up the barrel with the red part where the handle is attached to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

3. Post #3683
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    Thanks, I was doing fine with it until I had to do the handle and the backside of the medigun D:
    I couldn't use one of the hands from the music video, so I had to improvise my own; but I think I see the problem more clearly now.

I might try and fix it later, I need to hurry off to school now though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

4. Post #3684
    Ver
    September 2010
    388 Posts
    tell that to the F117
    and pretty much any sukhoi made during the cold war
    I'll have a word with them, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

5. Post #3685
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,373 Posts

hurp durp

true story
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #3686
    December 2008
    334 Posts
    I apologize for being rude in not answering a couple of questions.
    Holy FUNK Ausare, your perspectives are so accurate they look like they were done in Google Sketch-Up.
    Also if you don't mind free commissions, I totally think you should do a finished picture of a city that could be used as a wallpaper. :buddy:
    I'm terrible at commissions, but maybe I will try that, but do note I am a lazy artist as of recent. I think lack of skill, motivation/inspiration are the primary sources of my laze.
    ausare how dou you manage to keep track of all those lines when you're drawing from points? :monocle:
    I did a lot of erasing. However, I think that if I planned out the drawing better then keeping track of the lines wouldn't have been as big of an issue for me.

A more efficient way of doing it would be to building in layers.
    Example:
    1. Starter image. (duplicate this image)
    2. Fill everything with a solid color (that's not black or white) in one of the duplicated images.
    3. White out area(s) where you will add new object(s)
    4. Go back to starter image and create new object(s)
    5. Overlay image from step three over image from step four.
    6. White out the rest of the red.
    http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q132/Dr_Charlatan/home2.png
    I'm not that good with explanation, but I hope that helped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3687
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,270 Posts
    that's awesome, thanks :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events

8. Post #3688
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts

hurp durp

true story
    You think that's bad?
    This is how my religion class looked like when we had a student from the Jehova's Witness tell us about his religion.
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/Simski_2006/religionclass.png?t=1295701941
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #3689
    [b][highlight][size=+10]STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T[/size][/highlight][/b]
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    Early WIP
    http://gyazo.com/113674e5ce16b438e565b94f6f8b322c.png
    Trying out landscapes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

10. Post #3690
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    Just a doodle I did during Cultural History class.
    We're currently learning about Romanticism, and when I say "learning" I really mean that somebody shows a picture of some artist they were forced to look up and then rest of the class is spent talking loudly about facebook.

I seriously don't learn anything during that class, because my retarded classmates just won't shut up.
    The filename means "People talks" in Swedish, it was the two words I kept frustratingly repeating inside my head while doodling on this image based on one of Caspar David Friedrich's drawings that I like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #3691
    August 2010
    900 Posts
    I made a little comic. You might not get it.
    (I changed the skin color of them so it doesn't look racist :ohdear:)
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5868/racistcomic1sffpversion.png
       Roasted means like "OWNED!" but my friend has these latinos at school that go ROASTED when someone gets insulted.   

Edited:

Here's a template if you want to make your own:
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3801/roastedtemplate.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #3692
    July 2010
    2,062 Posts
    It's a nice landscape, Simski, but that one lost pixel really bugs me :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #3693
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    Decided to doodle a bit, practice females again, and mess with styles before I work on that landscape thing.

On a side note, did I make the shading/highlighting on the hair more appropriate for a cartoon style than the previous one I did?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8 (list)

14. Post #3694
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    It's a nice landscape, Simski, but that one lost pixel really bugs me :x
    Oh sorry, I thought that was a dead pixel on my Laptop
    I knew I have a dead pixel somewhere on my laptop screen, I guess I must have assumed that I had already painted over it and left it there thinking it wasn't part of my drawing.

Edited:

Fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #3695
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,408 Posts
    Decided to doodle a bit, practice females again, and mess with styles before I work on that landscape thing.

http://gyazo.com/ca03ffe9ac797e2827eb1402c5e6ff26.png
    On a side note, did I make the shading/highlighting on the hair more appropriate for a cartoon style than the previous one I did?
    the more you post the more i realize you are one of my favorite artists on here
    now get rid of that spoiler tag, let the world see your art
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #3696
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Soldier thing I'm working on. It looks a bit like a walrus or a pidgeon with tubes coming out of it's beak at the moment.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #3697
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,270 Posts
    Tubes look a bit flat, other than that it's good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3698
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,383 Posts
    Soldier thing I'm working on. It looks a bit like a walrus or a pidgeon with tubes coming out of it's beak at the moment.

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #3699
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    4,112 Posts

I'm depressed..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #3700
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts

Drew a magic alien girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7 (list)

21. Post #3701
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,837 Posts

wip basic colors and stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #3702
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,888 Posts
    Early WIP
    http://gyazo.com/113674e5ce16b438e565b94f6f8b322c.png
    Trying out landscapes
    Would love to encounter your art dump :3

Edited:

I'm depressed..
    Aww don't be. The pace of your improvement is so fast, that alone is a reason for you to be cheery :D

Edited:

Oh sorry, I thought that was a dead pixel on my Laptop
    I knew I have a dead pixel somewhere on my laptop screen, I guess I must have assumed that I had already painted over it and left it there thinking it wasn't part of my drawing.

Edited:

Fixed
    Oh I know what you mean, but I miss my dead pixel now, ad the whole screen died. :(

23. Post #3703
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,837 Posts
    maybe i should go with brighter/bigger outlines

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #3704
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    maybe i should go with brighter/bigger outlines

I think that before you start trying to make things colored like that, you might want to study a little bit of anatomy and posing, it looks a bit wonky all around, but on the bright side you're looking good in the effort department, something everyone needs. One tip I can give at the moment is: instead of scratchy/sketchy lines to start off, try and make quick and smooth lines, (of course I'm not certain you're doing this, but a lot of people tend to do that.) But remember; you don't always need to follow the book, after a while you'll manage up your own style and unique look to your art.

So keep at it :buddy:

Not sure I'll go anywhere with this one.

Just a skull.

I've also been experimenting with GIFs, they're pretty fun to make

(Animated version of the one above without a gradient)

I'll try and put more effort into the next one I'm making rather than a quick 3 frame loop (especially since the rainbow puke one was lacking effort too much.), these ones were just tests to see if I even knew how to make a GIF from MS Paint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #3705

Not sure I'll go anywhere with this one.
    That Death guy is cool, I like it :)

Edited:

Rated myself agree because I'm cool like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #3706
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    Alright, I'm gonna' slow down on production a little bit, I feel like I'm pumping things out too fast.

Toning down on arrows a lot.

I feel a little meh about this one.

Thinned and smoothed out the lines on Death.

I'm also thinking about making an art dump thread, If I decide to do so I'll make some fancy OP thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

27. Post #3707
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,408 Posts
    ok yeah, Anax you're my favorite artist on facepunch period
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #3708
    February 2011
    17 Posts
    Hey, guys... here's some drawings

yes, that's a tomato making a pizza. it's from a different forum i go to, don't ask
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events

29. Post #3709

May 2006
    8,967 Posts
    Yeaaaah, I don't know.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #3710
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    899 Posts
    Good thing (for you) Jewdozer isn't around anymore. Don't think she'd like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

31. Post #3711
    July 2010
    2,062 Posts
    Personally I think people should reply based on the artwork rather thant he medium it's taken from but whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3712
    November 2010
    680 Posts
    I apologize for the half-arsed background
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #3713
    July 2010
    2,062 Posts
    That is pretty damn impressive and the only thing I can see wrong with it is that his horn doesn't look centralised and he doesn't have a visible one on the other side
    But other than that it is very very good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #3714
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    I looked at this for a second and assumed it was some shitty troll posting a painting from somewhere, then I noticed it was Toastador.

All I can say: holy fucking shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #3715
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,408 Posts
    what the fuck

36. Post #3716
    November 2010
    680 Posts
    That is pretty damn impressive and the only thing I can see wrong with it is that his horn doesn't look centralised and he doesn't have a visible one on the other side
    But other than that it is very very good
    It's a unicorn dragon :smug:
    Thanks

37. Post #3717

February 2011
    23 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #3718

May 2006
    8,967 Posts
    Good thing (for you) Jewdozer isn't around anymore. Don't think she'd like that.
    who
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3719
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,270 Posts
    Personally I think people should reply based on the artwork rather thant he medium it's taken from but whatever
    That's impossible

40. Post #3720
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    Those arms look weird, they both look good when just looking at them while looking at the whole picture makes it look odd.
    It looks like the dragons left arm isn't connected to the body, and that it's aligned in some other way than his right. It's also a lot thinner than the right one and makes me believe you didn't really plan to draw it but were more of an afterthought.

It's easily solved though, you could make it come out through a cave where his left side is covered by rocks, or remove it completely and redraw the arm.
    Chao is touching something with the horn but my 'complaint' is that the horn doesn't really fit, it doesn't look completely natural and I think skipping the horn or placing it further forward would make it look better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events