This game-mode needs more recognition IMO.
This game-mode needs more recognition IMO.
So what happened to this gamemode? Did the host run out of money or everyone just got bored of it?
One week without significant updates doesn't mean it's dead. We're working on it.
I'm currently working on a Naboo city revamp.
Yeah, he told us that he was gonna remap Naboo a few weeks ago when we were was playing on Star wars Saga
I was on vacation for a while though. But now that I'm back I'll continue mapping.
Nice, but every server on that list is empty D:
Servers are down atm not sure why but Im sure they will be back up soon.
:( why servers down I WANT TO PLAY!
Here's the bottom line guys and gals - None of you are paying for, or ever will pay for, this game. I've payed for the servers, their bandwidth, their electricity, everything out of my own pocket. I don't have a hosting company that I can pay for a gigabyte connection, nor would I. I kept the servers up 24/7 for several months, and it cost me more than just my money. It cost me being able to hang with the guys on a Friday afternoon to play some Halo. It cost being able to watch Youtube videos when I wanted to. Hell, there was a time when I couldn't even check my e-mail smoothly.
Looking back now, these are things that I don't want to miss out on so that random strangers can play (and then complain about) a game for free whenever they feel like it. Will I keep the servers going? Yup. Will they be up 24/7 from now on? Nope. They'll be up when they're up, and it's that plain and simple. I don't care if people want to ditch it and play other servers - more power to ya - I hear Old Age is a super gamemode! And if you hop on GMOD and see that Star Wars: Sagas is up, great! Knock yourself out!
This is not a beg or plea for someone to host the gamemode. In all reality, I'd really rather not have a 3rd party host. Call me what you want.
I started this project for me and only me. I figured if some other people wanted to enjoy it with me, that's awesome - so I made the Facepunch post. And I do enjoy working on it when I am feeling inspired and creative. But I already have one full time job - When this game's progress starts feeling like it's a second, that's when it's time to cool it down a bit - No, not abandon it - but slow it down.
Hopefully this puts everyone's mind at ease.
I didn't complain. I like it :frown:
I would quite happily host this gamemode for you if you wanted.
Send me a pm if you are interested.
You need one where you can be on the death star as stormtroopers, I can't join for some reason...
you need to fix the second update download links they both dont work :(
Go to the third page, I put a mirror there for all three content packs.
So, is this GameMode dead?
Because when i try to connect to any of the servers, it doesnt show up/ wont connect.
I am really eager to play this,seriously.
As im a huge fan of SWG and SW.
It's not dead, things are just a little slow lately.
This announcement is to let you all know that, although the servers are still offline until further notice, progress is resuming on Star Wars: Sagas! While things are still at a slow-pace, I do have some new screenshots of the new User Interface improvements that I've been working on this week - They're located in the screenshots section on the first page of this thread.
I want to thank those who have remained faithful to the game, and for everyone's patience. For the time being, the plan is to continue making progress on my end until I have another sizable update to the game. The game's servers are still in need of hosting, but I will consider putting mine back up if the response by players/fans is still strong (in other words, if you guys still want this).
Thanks again for being such a loyal playerbase!
- The Big S
Did someone make a Mod DB page for this?
And I have a suggestion: Make new players neutral. The imperial Default is annoying because there are 10 times more people on imperial then rebellion. :frown:
The Star Wars: Sagas servers are online today - Feel free to pick up right where you left off on your characters.
The current version is the last version that was put on before the 2-3 month "break" period. The updated version will most likely be put on within the next week, but no guarantees.
Have fun guys!
EDIT: 500th post in the thread too, ironic.
Patch 2.1.0 is Live!
- Most interfaces have had major overhauls on them adding new features and immersion, the biggest overhaul being the crafting interface.
- The "E Key Bug" should be fixed!
- Players should now hold their weapon correctly upon logging in.
- Fixed several skill icons being missing.
- Temporary schematics are now properly removed upon use.
Awesome! So glad it's back. Didn't even realize it till that Steam announcement about the new patch.
You guys are gonna want to see this one - the patch notes don't do it justice :)
Patch 2.1.1 is Live!
- Added new cursors depending on what you hover your mouse over.
- Added new crosshair.
- Wookiee's now properly display their avatar in interfaces.
- Recruiter buttons should no longer display twice in a row after clicking.
Patch 2.1.2 is Live!
- Many NPC's now have sounds when interacted with! A total of 24 new sounds have been added to the game.
- Added Power Armor playermodels (available to all factions).
** Due to the new content, you will need to update your Star Wars Sagas content SVN to see/hear the additions **
My next focus as far as content is going to deal alot with pharmaceuticals, the doctor class, organic chemistry, and how all of those components will work together in a completely different way than what is currently going on.
• Chemists will now be able to craft Medical Enhancement Packs for the various buffs (Action, Health, etc) of varying ranks (A through D for the time being).
• All crafted pharmaceuticals will grant multiple charges per craft. This number varies depending on the item, but for instance, when you a craft a Stimpack A now, it will come fresh with 5 uses instead of 1.
• Doctor's existing abilities to buff are being removed. Instead, they will need to use Medical Enhancement Packs that they can either make themselves, or purchase from another player. As the doctor progresses in their skill line, they will have obtained the medical knowledge to use more advanced medicine (and therefor grant higher buffs), as well as gain other bonuses when using medical enhancement packs, such as reduced cooldowns, reduced mind cost, and even increased duration.
• The same principles are held true for stimpacks.
• Medics will retain their existing healing ability, but it will be renamed "Tend Damage" and have a moderately high mind cost. This ability is for situations where you need to provide you or an ally with some medical assistance, but you are out of stimpacks.
• All players will be able to use Stimpack A's without the need for any medical related knowledge. However, to use Stimpack's beyond A rating, players will need to learn skills from the medic and/or doctor lines. Also, keep in mind that players WITH medical knowledge will be more effective when using Stimpack A's (and any stimpack for that matter).
• You may only have one medical enhancement per stat (for obvious reasons). That being said, medical enhancements will only overwrite themselves if they are the same or higher rank than the existing enhancement. This means that for example, if a Doctor enhanced you with Medical Enhance: Action (D), then Joe Schmoe can't come up and buff you with Medical Enhance: Action (A) trying to be a jerk. At least, not until your higher enhancement wears off. :P
These new changes completely rework everything you thought about how the medical side of Star Wars: Sagas works. However, this same system worked great in Star Wars: Galaxies, and I think that it's going to provide alot more dynamic gameplay and encourage even more cooperation. Hope you like the upcoming changes!
I will have to check this out when I get home from work.
I thought for sure this would have a permanent grave.
Hey Nice Work BIG S, I aint played Starwars Saga's In about 4 months, back when everyone had a clan for the server :p.
Decided to get started again :)
I remembered how fun it was,
Back in the day, (well, a few months ago)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Great stuff is in the works for Sagas, and one of the things I'm thankful for is the awesome community that make this game fun for me when I want to just hop on and play. :)
Love the new look of the site, looks very professional.
Attention citizens of the empire,
The Imperial army is looking for screenshots depicting our galaxy-wide might and power, so that we may
@**!--//Comm Signal Interrupted//->New Signal..Verifying Link || 8772#>BEGIN>>
...I don't have alot of time, so I'll make this quick. The Empire wants your screenshots to try prove the rebellion is weak and outnumbered...However, if you take screenshots for the Rebel alliance depicting OUR conquests, we just might be able to show the Emperor up at his own game. Please consider it..
The Galactic Screenshot Competition
The Rebellion and Empire are both looking for action-filled and epic shots to add to their propoganda collections! The winning faction will receive a bonus to faction point gain and a discount on factional items for the next two weeks!
To participate, all you need to do is take screenshots of epic moments that happen to your character or group while playing Star Wars: Sagas. Upload them to the internet (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc) in the highest quality possible, and then choose your allegiance!
Whichever faction's thread has the most epic screenshots by 12:01 AM December 12th will win these perks for their side through December 31st!
Higher lvl enemies needed.............. make enemies have more level depending your distance from spawn.
Any new updates so we can level up?
Nope. Still working on revamping current features and adding new core components to the gameplay before I add more content for higher levels. And it won't be rushed.
This is great and all, but...do we get a spawn menu?
I'd like to notify you guys I've picked up mapping for this mod again and I'm currently working on an update for the Dune Sea map. I'll include lots of fixes and new features in it.
So this project is back?
Good to hear :)
Yes it is. It's been back for about a month now.
Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas this weekend. Hope everyone has a good one and gets lots of STUFF! If you don't celebrate Christmas, then I'll just say happy holidays to you. :)
I have some previews of the upcoming version of the Dune Sea map.
More detailed canyon with new stuff to explore.
An actual shuttle at the spawn.
And thanks to Ryan for helping with the importing of my Sentinel Landincraft model.
There will be many more cool additions to the map.