1. Post #1801
    Level Design Portfolio
    November 2009
    2,043 Posts
    Hello, I was wandering if anyone can help me? Everyone, including me, gets this glitch on my Roleplay sever. For some reason, a lot of the Exsto menu materials, and the little smoke above people's names, is the black and purple error squares. Its starting to get very irritating. Can anyone help?

Here is a image of what it looks like:

If you could help, that would be great!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #1802
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    This is dead and a new version is being made in Prefan's spare time. Although Exsto looks cool it's a mess and has been un-maintained for almost a year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1803
    Creator of Exsto
    January 2009
    1,049 Posts
    For all intensive purposes this is dead until I can find time to continue working on it. There probably won't be any Facepunch thread for the improved version; it will just go by word of mouth. SVN only, no releases, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1804
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,852 Posts
    Assmod, Exsto, and Evolve. Nice job who's next.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #1805

August 2011
    9 Posts
    I tried to set myself as the owner and it said I am not allowed to use Rank. Also, when I pull up the menu, all it has is a How_to do stuff thingy on it. It says Ranks to the left along with Introduction. I am extremely confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #1806

May 2011
    114 Posts
    I tried to set myself as the owner and it said I am not allowed to use Rank. Also, when I pull up the menu, all it has is a How_to do stuff thingy on it. It says Ranks to the left along with Introduction. I am extremely confused.
    From the Exsto FacePunch thread:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/937...Administration

exsto rank *YOUR NAME HERE* srv_owner

And you have to go through the introduction to get yourself used to Exsto then you can get to the main menu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #1807
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts
    For all intensive purposes this is dead until I can find time to continue working on it. There probably won't be any Facepunch thread for the improved version; it will just go by word of mouth. SVN only, no releases, etc.
    You will tell me when it comes out, right? :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

8. Post #1808
    May 2011
    281 Posts
    How do i type other languages? It looks like Allows only english.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #1809
    August 2008
    178 Posts
    Dunno if I have posted this in this thread before but nicely done mate!

Lua God to you :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #1810
    September 2010
    6 Posts
    ASSMod = Dead Evolve = Dead and now Exsto? Damn, this is a ULX ridden era.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #1811

May 2011
    44 Posts
    Good!
    Now just add editable advertisments with intervals.

12. Post #1812
    January 2010
    37 Posts
    I am still using a server with exsto because I like it so much better than ULX but I'm having a problem. My map list comes up blank even though I have bsp's in the maps folder of my server. Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1813
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    the code probably uses file.Find with ../ instead of a 2nd argument of true

14. Post #1814
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,704 Posts
    Making an admin mod in Garry's Mod has been turned into a "who can die the most spectacular death" contest.

If Exsto is broken, I might be able to do some minor patches to keep it running.

15. Post #1815
    July 2011
    138 Posts
    All the good admin mods have to die.

A good idea (if you look into this) is to log when a player spawns a prop into the counsel.

16. Post #1816
    December 2011
    67 Posts
    Great, does it work in OpenAura?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #1817

April 2012
    5 Posts
    Whenever I join my server with Exsto, I get these errors:

[exsto\plugins\sh_chat.lua:771] attempt to call upvalue 'oldScheme' (a nil value)
    [exsto\plugins\sh_chat.lua:771] attempt to call upvalue 'oldScheme' (a nil value)

Timer Error: [exsto\fel.lua:33] attempt to call field 'AddVariable' (a nil value)
    Timer Error: [exsto\fel.lua:33] attempt to call field 'AddVariable' (a nil value)

I can only open the menu one time until it quits working and when it quits working and I try navigating through the menu I get these errors:

[exsto\cl_menu.lua:993] attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'index' (a nil value)
    [exsto\cl_menu.lua:993] attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'index' (a nil value)

Can I get any help with this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #1818
    Ask me about my pony fetish
    January 2012
    27 Posts
    When I run my server, the Exsto menu is fine, but the chat gui is normal. Could anyone possible help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1819
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Its an old mod. You just bumped it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1820

May 2011
    74 Posts
    Whay there are no prefixes in chat? (ex: [Admin], [Owner]...)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #1821
    September 2009
    537 Posts
    That retarded bump made me think Exsto was updated.
    :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #1822
    August 2012
    2 Posts
    Ok guys may i have the developer email so that i can contact him about something important
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Egypt Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #1823
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Is it possible to change sbox commands with this? Like do sbox_noclip 0 or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #1824
    April 2012
    5 Posts
    .zip link is dead. Fix please :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #1825
    September 2009
    537 Posts
    .zip link is dead. Fix please :c
    STOP BUMPING THIS OLD-ASS THREAD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #1826
    stop post
    January 2012
    1,347 Posts
    If you're looking for exsto:
    Git Repo:

SVN: https://github.com/prefanatic/exsto.git/branches/master
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #1827
    Creator of Exsto
    January 2009
    1,049 Posts
    If you guys really want to use it, please be aware, that it is under constant code revision and resource changes. The GM13 switch isn't fully "done" yet, so some things may not work as expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

28. Post #1828
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,213 Posts
    Such a beautiful Admin Mod.......
    I just couldn't resist the temptation, to build a website for it.

Exsto Unoffical Website (to be moved to exsto.co soon)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #1829
    Creator of Exsto
    January 2009
    1,049 Posts
    Such a beautiful Admin Mod.......
    I just couldn't resist the temptation, to build a website for it.

Exsto Unoffical Website (to be moved to exsto.co soon)
    Oh damn, that's awesome. Add me on steam. If you want, I'm sure Revanne would like to work with you. He is currently also in the process of designing a website for Exsto.

30. Post #1830
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,213 Posts
    Oh damn, that's awesome. Add me on steam. If you want, I'm sure Revanne would like to work with you. He is currently also in the process of designing a website for Exsto.
    Glad you like the site! ^_^

I'd love to help out in anyway I can! It sounds like a really fun project, that I'd love contribute to!
    I'll add you on steam uno momento. EDIT: My steam name is c1yd3i!<3.... I was stupid enough not to realize I couldn't change the username here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #1831
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,128 Posts
    Glad you like the site! ^_^

I'd love to help out in anyway I can! It sounds like a really fun project, that I'd love contribute to!
    I'll add you on steam uno momento. EDIT: My steam name is c1yd3i!<3.... I was stupid enough not to realize I couldn't change the username here.
    You can, Its at the tool by your username. Then Edit profile. Done.

32. Post #1832
    June 2010
    65 Posts
    I have also been brought back from the dead to bring back the legacy of Exsto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1833

February 2013
    8 Posts
    Dude this is Freaking Amazing.
    Good Job on the plugin :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

34. Post #1834
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,614 Posts
    What happened to the fancy chat box?
    How do I re enable it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

35. Post #1835
    June 2010
    65 Posts
    What happened to the fancy chat box?
    How do I re enable it?
    The file itself is located in _cloud. I believe if you move it into the just 'plugins' folder all should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #1836
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,614 Posts
    The file itself is located in _cloud. I believe if you move it into the just 'plugins' folder all should be fine.
    Wow, thanks a lot pal!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

37. Post #1837

January 2013
    13 Posts
    My server wont let me use this? i dont know how to get the thing to work :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #1838
    GM Servers - Social Manager/Public Relations
    October 2012
    98 Posts
    No longer working, it has a problem with the rank command. must have been an update to gmod, it cant use the math.lua file correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)