1. Post #1
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    [release]BC-304 Daedalus - revision 19

What is that?
    Everybody here knows BC-304 class of Battle Cruiser. Everybody here wait for Daedalus so i give u first, alpha version :) It's fully drivable, with cool asgard beam weapons, railguns, rockets (not working), 2 rings platforms (BC304UP, BC304DOWN), asgard beaming system, asgard shield (not working) and hyperdrive (not working).

Which keys do I need?
    [list][*] WSAD for going forward and turning,[*] Space for fast forward going,[*] Shift, Ctrl for going up and down,[*] mouse for turning it,[*] left and righ mouse button for railguns and asgard beam weapon,[*] 9 for beaming system (u can't be inside of Daedalus),[*] R for changind targeting mode (normal, up, down)[/list][/release]
    [release]Important Things!!![list][*] You need WireMod, aVoN Stargate pack and my Stargate Weapons packto make it work.[*] You can use it with RD2 and LS2.[*] I uploaded it on svn cause it will be update often. Please don't re-upload it to garrysmod.org - I will do that in time.[*] Like I said - its in progress.[/list]
    Known bugs:[list][*] Problems with HUD. If u have wide screen then HUD will be shitty.[*] No sound.[/list]
    Credits:[list][*] MGM for ideas,[*] Boba Fett for textures, icon,[*] TheCreeper for online testing on 91.192.210.166:27018,[*] locutus_1 for sounds,[*] Me, for models, textures, icons, sounds, code :):)[*] Me, TheCreeper, Boba Fett, Black__Jack for testing it, [*] RononDex for his cool codes.[/list]
    Important!!! Daedalus model was created by vaisseaux and originally was used in SG-MOD (https://sg-mod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sg-mod/). It was resized, and got collision model thanks to Madman097. All materials came from SG-MOD and was edited by Boba Fett. If you are owner of that stuff and you do not wish to use that in my project then let me know, i will remove it.[/release]
    [release]Download and pictures:
    Ship: http://carters-pack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sg_ships/
    Models: http://carters-pack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sg_model/
    Whole Carter's Addon Pack: http://carters-pack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Useful x 6Artistic x 5Dumb x 4Bad Spelling x 1Funny x 1Lua King x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    Looks pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    Looks really fucking big and hard to control. Is this the case? And does it have an interior?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,310 Posts
    Make it launch AI controlled X302s Oh and can you aim the weapons separately or are they fixed in one direction?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    425 Posts
    can you make it with rd3 ;(

6. Post #6
    August 2006
    206 Posts
    "What the F*** is that?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

7. Post #7
    December 2006
    58 Posts
    Nice one :D Downloading.
    Will you make one non-wire mod one time? I'm not a wiremoder.
    My favorite Earth ship is Prometheus. R.I.P. Prometheus :'(

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    <3 Odyssey :c
    @jakejakke: It is the Daedalus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2009
    566 Posts
    Cool, will download this when i get home.

10. Post #10
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,310 Posts
    Upload a video, I wanna see this in action

11. Post #11

February 2009
    672 Posts
    I think it dosent work

i bekome an dev link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2006
    58 Posts
    I think it dosent work
    You need wiremod :(

13. Post #13
    April 2009
    104 Posts
    on spacebuild maps at least (folorn, goonuniverse) this does not work, 1st attempt got me a devlink error, second attempt crashed gmod, I will try it on flatgrass now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

February 2009
    672 Posts
    You need wiremod :(
    i useed asn fix for use zpm on rd3 this was the problem

for what is the hud hangar??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    104 Posts
    I have wiremod fully updated, and stargate weapons pack, and have applied the fix to make RD3 work with ZPM, the ship will not even spawn on spacebuild maps, and though it will spawn on flatgrass, the devlink error still occurs and I am totally unable to enter it

EDIT: Totally unable to enter it meaning I spent about 5 mins going all over it trying the use key

Edited:

i useed asn fix for use zpm on rd3 this was the problem
    Your saying that using the fix broke the ship?

16. Post #16

February 2009
    672 Posts
    i think yes i delete it and use the orginal file

Edited:

what is the problem with the asgard shild

BUG:

I use the underground ring and i was inside in the ship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    104 Posts
    I hope Madman fixes this, as atm all other contraptions that use ZPM and RD3 can't work as the file we have to delete facilitates it

18. Post #18
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    Bit of a noobish question. I've downloaded it and I have everything needed but I can't find it in-game. So, where is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2009
    104 Posts
    Bit of a noobish question. I've downloaded it and I have everything needed but I can't find it in-game. So, where is it?
    It should be under its own section in entities

20. Post #20
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    It should be under its own section in entities
    It's not there.

21. Post #21

February 2009
    672 Posts
    in old pics the shild is working

but now not working??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Whoa so many questions so I will answer u one by one:

- It don't have interior. Like I said the model was taken from SG-mod and there was no interior. But TheSniper9 and KevinSGA, they making bc-3304 ships so it's possible that we will have interior :)

- If somebody will write code for AI f-302 then why not? :) Left mouse button for railguns, right for asgard beam (middle will be for rockets).

- It works with RD2. I heard that RD3 is a unstable shit so i will stay with RD2 support. Maybe just remove RD3, it will work without.

- I can consider non-wire case, it shouldn't be hard. But much easier is to dl wire cuz it's used on many servers.

- I will make vid after repairing HUD. I have widescreen since few days and it (hud) looks horrible ;p

- If we will have interior, then hud hangar will indicate something related to hangars (probably if it's open or not).

- Ppl, read first post. Shield is not working.

- If u can't see it in entities tab, then there is some error. Could u run console and look for errors? Also Have u got all required addons?

So, people, I noticed everything and I will work on that, but remember, that now I have exams time, so I can't work with it whole day:/ Hmm, did I missed something out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2010
    144 Posts
    I think we did a good Job its the First released big Stargate Ship that fly´s and first One is the best One
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

February 2009
    672 Posts
    bug??????????

i left the shi

than blue error

with ............ and at the end:
    down key
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    May 2010
    144 Posts
    Can you Copy it out of Console?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    He don't have to. It's known for me bug, which i can't remove.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2009
    104 Posts
    RD3 has never been buggy for me, can you make separate versions RD3 compatible or not RD3 compatible?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    RD3's not unstable :colbert:

29. Post #29
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    So why ppl have problems with RD3 and ZPM?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    People have problems with them? Only one I can think of is that one line that has to be changed for it to work with RD3.

31. Post #31
    April 2009
    104 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=10070

thats been common knowledge for ages, indeed its actually avons stargate pack that is lagging behind in not applying this very simple fix

32. Post #32

May 2010
    2 Posts
    the flying and spawning works wonderfully for me, the only issue i have had it the targeting only works for the top rail guns not the bottom

33. Post #33
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

34. Post #34

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    I don't think the Daedalus is black. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2009
    466 Posts
    Its a silvery black color
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Nice, I've been waiting for the release since you first mentioned it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2009
    1,088 Posts
    So why ppl have problems with RD3 and ZPM?
    Ppl don't have any problem, aVoN just did not add the RD3 link stool connectivity to it.

38. Post #38

February 2009
    672 Posts
    the rd 3 fix for stargate comes with the next big update

avon said it to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    May 2010
    144 Posts
    I don't think the Daedalus is black. :colbert:
    Did you Read first Post? ;)
    When he get´s better model it will be silver or grey doesnt matter.

Its the model from Sg-Mod best we found to release it but it will change just in time i think (and hope)

40. Post #40

February 2009
    672 Posts
    can you kae some landing tools like gravitation ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)