1. Post #241
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,869 Posts
    I've played both Criminals and Enforcers and I honestly can say this game favors Criminals over Enforcers and you'll have a shitload more fun as a Criminal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    You can get your logo on a bilboard? :raise: Also, why'd they trash DoF?
    You can make a spray and then tag specific view points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    I've played both Criminals and Enforcers and I honestly can say this game favors Criminals over Enforcers and you'll have a shitload more fun as a Criminal.
    Maybe, but as an enforcer, you can use the witness thing on criminals that have that handcuff picture near their names and that gets you 5$ and some faction standing. And if you see criminals like that every 50 meters, you can get money and faction standing very easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events

4. Post #244
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    Maybe, but as an enforcer, you can use the witness thing on criminals that have that handcuff picture near their names and that gets you 5$ and some faction standing. And if you see criminals like that every 50 meters, you can get money and faction standing very easy.
    You get $137 for stealing a TV, or something.

When I played criminal I'd go on store thieving sprees with an armored van, take like 4 tvs, 2 suitcases, and 20 small items, take them all to a contact, then repair the armored van and take it to a lockup. Shit ton of cash and loads of fun.

I play enforcer though, because after a while the constant chases while I'm dicking around get annoying.

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    You get $137 for stealing a TV, or something.

When I played criminal I'd go on store thieving sprees with an armored van, take like 4 tvs, 2 suitcases, and 20 small items, take them all to a contact, then repair the armored van and take it to a lockup. Shit ton of cash and loads of fun.

I play enforcer though, because after a while the constant chases while I'm dicking around get annoying.
    Yeah, but stealing stuff takes effort and you get notoriety or whatever for it. With witnessing, you just gotta press one button every time you see a criminal.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    Yeah, but stealing stuff takes effort and you get notoriety or whatever for it. With witnessing, you just gotta press one button every time you see a criminal.
    I still think criminal is more profitable, but it's also more dangerous.

7. Post #247
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Damn, the OBEYA sniper rifle is actually quite good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Switzerland Show Events

8. Post #248
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    All the guns are good.

9. Post #249
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    All the guns are good.
    The MP5k isn't. I got my crosshairs on the guy, they stayed on the guy, but he killed me faster with his STAR 556. Even firing in bursts doesn't work.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,604 Posts
    Here's a tip, me and my friend went enforcers, he kept the default weapon whilst I bought the sniper, and the idea is that I weaken the enemy and then he finishes them off, always works.

The only problem I have with this game is when it ends up 2v3, I mean why does this happen, why not a 2v2 to keep the fairness?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #251
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    The MP5k isn't. I got my crosshairs on the guy, they stayed on the guy, but he killed me faster with his STAR 556. Even firing in bursts doesn't work.
    The MP5 is easily the best point blank weapon, period.

12. Post #252
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    The MP5 is easily the best point blank weapon, period.
    I know, but if you are playing against someone using the STAR 556 at medium range, how the hell am I suppossed to get to point blank if the guy is dodging and backpedaling?

Edited:

Here's a tip, me and my friend went enforcers, he kept the default weapon whilst I bought the sniper, and the idea is that I weaken the enemy and then he finishes them off, always works.

The only problem I have with this game is when it ends up 2v3, I mean why does this happen, why not a 2v2 to keep the fairness?
    I am a crim, though.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    I know, but if you are playing against someone using the STAR 556 at medium range, how the hell am I suppossed to get to point blank if the guy is dodging and backpedaling?
    Get a secondary that would be good for longer rage. Like the desert eagle or that big magnum.
    Like for example, I usually go around with that semi-auto sniper rifle as my primary and that mini-uzi look-a-like as my secondary. That way, I can be effective at both long and short range.

14. Post #254
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Get a secondary that would be good for longer rage. Like the desert eagle or that big magnum.
    Like for example, I usually go around with that semi-auto sniper rifle as my primary and that mini-uzi look-a-like as my secondary. That way, I can be effective at both long and short range.
    Well, I cannot unlock any of those for some reason, I don't know how to unlock stuff either.

15. Post #255
    July 2007
    13,869 Posts
    Well, I cannot unlock any of those for some reason, I don't know how to unlock stuff either.
    As a crim, I'm pretty sure the handgun simkas is talking about (ACT 44) is Level 4 on G-Kings. For the magnum (Colby RSA) it's level 3 Blood Roses. I would suggest the Colby RSA, even though it's slower it is a lot more accurate than the ACT 44 and it's always a 3 shot kill.

16. Post #256
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Colby RSA? Isn't that the snubnose revolver? Cuz if it is, I have it.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    Colby RSA? Isn't that the snubnose revolver? Cuz if it is, I have it.
    If you're talking about the starting revolver then no.

18. Post #258
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Oh, and is the burst pistol Enforcer only? Cuz I saw a crim with it, but I cannot see it on the buying menu.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,604 Posts
    Subscription really killed this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Subscription really killed this game.
    Subscription is going to make this game better for everyone on the long run.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,604 Posts
    Subscription is going to make this game better for everyone on the long run.
    Explain how so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,987 Posts
    Well, I'm out of time :saddowns:

23. Post #263
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Explain how so.
    With the money they get, which is far less than other MMO's, they can hire more people/have a steady source of income, which will allow them to spend more money into improving APB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,372 Posts
    Uhm yeah... Criminals get bothered with those fuckin getaway missions every 2min,
    enforcers can grief the shit out of crims and commit crimes without consequences...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,604 Posts
    With the money they get, which is far less than other MMO's, they can hire more people/have a steady source of income, which will allow them to spend more money into improving APB.
    Yeah, but most of that money they could of had if they didn't do subscription, a lot of people would of payed if it wasn't pay to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    July 2007
    13,869 Posts
    Uhm yeah... Criminals get bothered with those fuckin getaway missions every 2min,
    enforcers can grief the shit out of crims and commit crimes without consequences...
    Enforcers lose prestige for crimes (running over criminals and property damage). So yea, that is a consequence.

27. Post #267
    August 2009
    310 Posts
    Yeah, but most of that money they could of had if they didn't do subscription, a lot of people would of payed if it wasn't pay to play.
    You know paying the subscription isnt the only way right ? You can sell APB dollars for RTW points which allow you to purchase game time,an since the social district has unlimited play you can create an sell designs for APB dollars, then buy RTW points thus enabling you to buy more time without ever having to pay the subscription fee.

28. Post #268
    July 2007
    13,869 Posts
    You know paying the subscription isnt the only way right ? You can sell APB dollars for RTW points which allow you to purchase game time,an since the social district has unlimited play you can create an sell designs for APB dollars, then buy RTW points thus enabling you to buy more time without ever having to pay the subscription fee.
    Did they say how much RTW points it would cost for a certain number of hours.

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    Is it possible for me to keep my current beta account that I got into KTTC with while also pre-ordering on steam?

I don't want to fuck around with character creation again.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    971 Posts
    Found the Star is a brilliant weapon, when matched with someone using a long range weapon it's all about suprise, ambush and vantage points..
    Short range..the amount of people I've seen blast a clip at me with their machinegun and reload for me to pop out and split their melon with precise shots..

I use the same tactic with the obeya and the secondary uzi is brilliant.. Obeya for long to midrange - midrange - short on the Uzi

Grouping is definitely the way to go in this game, especially for Enf.. as Crim grouping isn't that essential as you can go around mugging people and ram raiding shops.
    You find the most action in groups! Groups doing missions for a pledged contact is even better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

31. Post #271
    August 2009
    310 Posts
    Did they say how much RTW points it would cost for a certain number of hours.
    not that i've seen though it may be on their FAQ somewhere

Edited:

Is it possible for me to keep my current beta account that I got into KTTC with while also pre-ordering on steam?

I don't want to fuck around with character creation again.
    you can keep your account but there will be a character wipe, a week before the release, but if you pre-order now you get the 3 day early access an whatever you do in that time period stays during the release

32. Post #272
    April 2010
    1,287 Posts
    Just started playing with my key to the city, love it, wish I didn't just dish out 500 dollars on paintball equipment so I could buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,314 Posts
    Hey guys, just got my key to the city also but when I get in game I'm having a problem where my camera keeps spinning around and around and looking at the ceiling and I can't stop it, any idea what I should do?

34. Post #274
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    So NDA is down? I've got a few pictures. Nothing impressive, mind, but who cares? Also no gameplay pictures because the client locks my game to minimum settings, I'm sure you can find ones.

35. Post #275
    August 2009
    310 Posts
    So I broke down and pre-ordered it from steam, feels good.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,987 Posts
    Hey guys, just got my key to the city also but when I get in game I'm having a problem where my camera keeps spinning around and around and looking at the ceiling and I can't stop it, any idea what I should do?
    Was that you I saw asking that in EU1 while I was arguing with that guy who didn't know that turning down his resolution would make his graphics look shittier?

37. Post #277
    July 2007
    13,869 Posts
    So NDA is down? I've got a few pictures. Nothing impressive, mind, but who cares? Also no gameplay pictures because the client locks my game to minimum settings, I'm sure you can find ones.

How'd you unlock the bullet proof vest.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,386 Posts
    Just got done playing the beta and used all my "game play time"

It was a lot of fun, despite the missions being the same they really didn't get old because new people would try to hunt you down or kill you. Or you would do the hunting yourself. Played as an enforcer so i had fun with that, wanted to try playing a criminal but didn't have game play time. Customization is pretty awesome, though the unlocking stuff can get a big old but you got to work towards something. I was having fun till the time ran out and asked me to buy more. I was pissed off at that point, how can you expect someone to pay to play a beta? I dunno, i don't like the whole play time idea, but then you can just do monthly for what 10 bucks? Personally i wouldn't pay 50-60 bucks for this game, maybe 40 but that is pushing it.

Like any game needs work obviously, wish it had a bit more variation like NPCS you can actually fight. Go in to instances - breach and clear buildings, retrieve evidence ect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,986 Posts
    FUCK that waterfront warehouse. It would be slightly less enraging if the way up was not destructible.

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    7,157 Posts
    I agree, MR-X. Definitely needs work in that direction