If you don't want to download here, you can always check out a folder to my SVN! Or you can download here and then check it out to my SVN! Or you can just download here period!
Here's the SVN link
Remember content on the SVN may be experimental.
A newer version has been released. If you downloaded the first one and are having problems with the ACOG scopes, download the newer one.
Well I've worked on these for a while now. About 2 months ago I tested a beta out on a server and people liked them so I'm releasing the official pack now.
NPCs holding M4A1s
ACOG Scope view
GDCW SWEPS - Assault pack
- GDCW guns fire entity bullets. This means bullets fly through the air before hitting targets, unlike the vast majority of sweps that just use the shootbullet function and instant traces. GDCW bullets have custom penetration, effects, and tracers.
- GDCW guns can be used by NPCs (Combine typically can't use these correctly). I want to emphasize this because so few other gun packs include this feature. When NPCs use these guns they seem to be a lot more trigger happy and combat is fast paced.
- GDCW guns have repositioned world models that fit in your hands instead of stick out of your stomach. This makes them ideal for NPCs and multiplayer.
- GDCW guns have multiple hold types for world models. You can shoulder the gun like a rifle (Default), hold it at the hip like a shotgun (ALT), or just idle with it passively (E). They have been fixed of the recent updates that make all guns hold like pistols.
- Custom flickering materials for the ACOG scopes and holo sights.
- This pack contains all of the stuff you need to use the weapons. Models, materials, sounds, and lua. Everything comes with download scripts so people joining your server will be able to see, hear, and use the guns without pink textures or error models or missing sounds.
This pack is for assault weapons.
- M4A1 } 3
- HK416 } 4
- AK47 } 4
- P90 } 4
15 guns total
Each type of gun has a model with;
Red Dot Sights *** (There is no red dot sight option for the M4A1)
Watch it in 480p for best quality! The shooting noises are kind of loud so you might want to turn down your volume before watching. Oh and don't judge the guns by the quality of the video; Source Recorder really messes up sounds and 1st person in general.
Problems and errors;
There are no critical console spamming errors as far as I know. I have tested extensively and only gotten one single console error that happens when the shooter dies while shooting.
Have fun with these! This pack is in addon format and these are SWEPS in case you didn't pick up on it.
Also I'd like to clear this up; I DIDN'T MAKE THE GUN MODELS! I only coded and hexed and repositioned them.
It pretty much explains itself. It's just like the assault pack, and it's standalone too.
That's right, CSS guns for multiplayer. Don't bother downloading them for single player because CSS gun models suck. They work in both single and multiplayer but my other swep packs are better SO DOWNLOAD THOSE INSTEAD (Unless you want these on your server.)
That's not my video but it shows some of the pistols in action. Thanks KootsMonster!
Pistols pack is finally here! Download NAO!
And over a year later....
I'll probably make a video for these when I have the time.