View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,739 Posts
    Is there any way at all to get these to work with combine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82

March 2010
    60 Posts
    I'm having problems with world models. They are invis to me. Like, when I use the camera stool and look at my self, there is nothing there. When I right-click your guns to make a world model, that is invis too. And I don't even see the NPCs holding them. Help me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Sorry, I have no idea why the world models aren't showing up for you. You might have to have CSS but I'm not sure. And combine can't use these yet. Once I release a pistol pack metrocops will be able to use them normally, but combine soldiers will never be able to use them. Until then it's rebels only.

4. Post #84
    June 2010
    162 Posts
    Sorry, I have no idea why the world models aren't showing up for you. You might have to have CSS but I'm not sure.
    But, but, I have the same prob and I already have CSS. :(

5. Post #85
    June 2010
    162 Posts
    Here is a pic: (as soon as I figure out how to add it)

forget it, http://img215.imageshack.us/i/gmflatgrass0000j.jpg/ that is the link.

Notice how when I want to spawn a world model, nothing in the icon is there. Is that a issue with your guns? And do I need PHX? Because I noticed that most of your uploads need PHX

6. Post #86
    January 2010
    122 Posts
    I know! Instead of changing the weapons damage why not change the NPC's HP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts

And that thing about pistol bullets being useless at 2 kilimoters, I know somebody who got accidentally hit by a revolver bullet from almost a mile away through the outside wall of their house. Bullets penetrate a lot and retain killing power no matter how far away they're fired from.
    I sense over-engineered revolvers.

I don't see why your reload anims don't work when there are 0 bullets left. It works on other guns. You may as well make a random function that says if there are 0 bullets left, then play the reload animation else, play the reload animation.

Its not really necessary, but it might fix it.

And I see that you are using math.Rand for the sweps when npcs use it. 70-110 damage. Isn't that a little too high value for randomness?

Edited:

Also, each weapon should behave differently even if its using the same ammo. The HK416 and M16 shouldn't have identical damage and such. The M16 should deal slightly more damage since it has a longer barrel and also has a high muzzle velocity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events

8. Post #88
    January 2010
    9,896 Posts
    Here's a M82 I found: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/91131

9. Post #89

March 2010
    60 Posts
    GD I talked to Nemo and we both got SVN version. Only the G3 shows the models and doesn't lag. I think we can't see them because the world model is too awesome for my Video Card :D

Edited:

Our* Video Cards

10. Post #90
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    GD I talked to Nemo and we both got SVN version. Only the G3 shows the models and doesn't lag. I think we can't see them because the world model is too awesome for my Video Card :D

Edited:

Our* Video Cards

There is no G3 in this pack, or the SVN. Are you sure you downloaded the right thing?
    Just to check, can anybody who can see the world models confirm please?

And panda I already have an M82 model in my sniper pack. I will release it as soon as I finish with a few reloading sounds.

EDIT;

WOOO
    I finally fixed the reload glitch!
    It turns out that when Garry updated the reload function a while ago he made it so it can't be triggered correctly; it has to trigger itself.
    So I just took out the part of my code that triggers it. Guns will now show reload animations when they run out of ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    January 2010
    9,896 Posts
    So will the sniper pack be released tonight or tommorrow?

12. Post #92
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    There is no G3 in this pack, or the SVN. Are you sure you downloaded the right thing?

And panda I already have an M82 model in my sniper pack. I will release it as soon as I finish with a few reloading sounds.

EDIT;

WOOO
    It turns out that when Garry updated the reload function a while ago he made it so it can't be triggered correctly; it has to trigger itself.
    So I just took out the part of my code that triggers it. Guns will now show reload animations when they run out of ammo.
    I dunno what these people are all talking about, with their missing w_models. Its perfectly fine for moi.

Edited:

The M4A1 with ironsights still doesn't have any viewmodel. Also, the M16 ironsights are messed up since the model has an RIS on it.

Edited:

Tobba, the AK47 tracers are green because AK47s use Russian made 7.62x39 rounds with green burning barium stuff.

And Flubadoo that code only works with bullet type damage. My bullets use explosive damage. If anybody knows a way to apply damage to an entity at a point from another entity please tell me.

I'm working on getting an SVN for GDC guns so I can add those MW2 M16s without releasing another pack.
    I believe that changing if dmg:IsBulletDamage()
    to
    if dmg:IsExplosiveDamage() will work, since I cannot find any other thing in the code that specifies that it must be bullet damage.

13. Post #93
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I should be releasing the sniper pack as soon as a finish a video for it.

14. Post #94
    January 2010
    9,896 Posts
    When will that be?

Is there any way at all to get these to work with combine?
    I dont think so. Unless someone made a fix script or something.

15. Post #95
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Well will my burst code be in the M16?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    January 2010
    9,896 Posts
    Quick question. What script and which part of it controls to iron sights?

Is it this?
    SWEP.data 				= {}					-- The starting firemode
    SWEP.data.ironsights			= 1

SWEP.IronSightsPos = Vector (3.8488, -1.9252, 1.2056)
    SWEP.IronSightsAng = Vector (0, 0, 0)
    Or this:
    SWEP.Secondary.ClipSize			= 1	 			// Size of a clip
    SWEP.Secondary.DefaultClip			= 1					// Default number of bullets in a clip
    SWEP.Secondary.Automatic			= false					// Automatic/Semi Auto
    SWEP.Secondary.Ammo			= ""
    SWEP.Secondary.IronFOV			= 50					// How much you 'zoom' in. Less is more! 
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Quick question. What script and which part of it controls to iron sights?

Is it this?
    SWEP.data 				= {}					-- The starting firemode
    SWEP.data.ironsights			= 1

SWEP.IronSightsPos = Vector (3.8488, -1.9252, 1.2056)
    SWEP.IronSightsAng = Vector (0, 0, 0)
    Or this:
    SWEP.Secondary.ClipSize			= 1	 			// Size of a clip
    SWEP.Secondary.DefaultClip			= 1					// Default number of bullets in a clip
    SWEP.Secondary.Automatic			= false					// Automatic/Semi Auto
    SWEP.Secondary.Ammo			= ""
    SWEP.Secondary.IronFOV			= 50					// How much you 'zoom' in. Less is more! 
    Its obviously the first one on ironsightang and ironsightpos. If you want to make new ironsights, use devenger's ironsights designer.

18. Post #98
    January 2010
    9,896 Posts
    Its obviously the first one on ironsightang and ironsightpos. If you want to make new ironsights, use devenger's ironsights designer.
    What I was wanting to do is remove the iron sights and just have the zoom.

I'm new to LUA.

Oh and, HOW FUCKING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A VIDEO FOR A FEW SWEPS?1 I WANT THE SNIPER PACK NOW!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,052 Posts
    What I was wanting to do is remove the iron sights and just have the zoom.

I'm new to LUA.

Oh and, HOW FUCKING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A VIDEO FOR A FEW SWEPS?1 I WANT THE SNIPER PACK NOW!
    :frog:

20. Post #100
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    OK, I have everything ready for the sniper pack, so I should be releasing it in a few hours or less unless I get shot between typing this and uploading it.

And it actually does take a long time to make a video, since I have to use uncompressed video when source recording and it takes up about 3gb for 30 seconds of video.

Sniper pack is already in SVN, so if you can't wait for the download, update your SVN.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,052 Posts
    OK, I have everything ready for the sniper pack, so I should be releasing it in a few hours or less unless I get shot between typing this and uploading it.

And it actually does take a long time to make a video, since I have to use uncompressed video when source recording and it takes up about 3gb for 30 seconds of video.

Sniper pack is already in SVN, so if you can't wait for the download, update your SVN.
    :neckbeard:

Edited:

This is a big download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    June 2009
    501 Posts
    Quoting heavy: "Oh this is good day!!" :derp: this is madness! :D

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,052 Posts
    Liquefied dopeness
    M82 is boss. Did you say you will be making a LMG pack? What will that include?

24. Post #104

March 2010
    60 Posts

EDIT;

WOOO
    Sorry, I said G3 short for G36C. I donno why I can't see the world models. I am going to reinstall GMOD in a couple days so hopefully I can see your uber scripted (not yours > ) models. Yea, the G36C is the only gun that I can use with more than 10 NPCS LOL. And that is the only world model that shows. But, as I am shifting positions, it disappears and reappears when I look to the RIGHT. Strange.

Edited:

Know what, how can I view the models? Like in a program or something, not GMOD. Because the files are there, but unavailable in GMod to spawn. I think, somehow, I'm missing the models even though I got the SVN. http://img215.imageshack.us/i/gmflatgrass0000j.jpg Take a look, mate :)

25. Post #105
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Sorry, I said G3 short for G36C. I donno why I can't see the world models. I am going to reinstall GMOD in a couple days so hopefully I can see your uber scripted (not yours > ) models. Yea, the G36C is the only gun that I can use with more than 10 NPCS LOL. And that is the only world model that shows. But, as I am shifting positions, it disappears and reappears when I look to the RIGHT. Strange.
    OK, the G36 model is the only only one meant for HL2. All the others are CSS models. Sorry, I guess you have to have CSS to see the world models.

Right now I'm uploading the sniper pack to gmod.org for all of you who are too lazy to SVN it. Here's the video link;

Believe it or not that first shot is from 862 meters away, it's just a zoom perspective thing that makes breen look close. Just showing the bullet flight time and drop.
    The sound isn't synced and some animations are screwy from source recorder so don't say "it doesn't have recoil" or anything of the type. Don't judge the guns by the video.

26. Post #106

March 2010
    60 Posts
    Umm.. Problem here. I already have CSS.

Edited:

Hmmm... Know Fluboododa or somethings snipers? Well, they use CSS scopes. But I get a purple and black checker board. Know what? I'm reinstalling all of STEAM!

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,933 Posts
    Alright, I have two suggestions,

Do the thing that madcow does where it smoothes out mouse movement while using a sniper, also, make the aiming down scope toggleable and not hold down.
    I got these suggestions from 600+ meters shots, i guess the idea would change at closer range, but, they are just suggestions.

28. Post #108
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    NOO!!!!!!!!!!! You used the bad animation version of the trg-42 and the ugly m82! But that is ok since the sniper pack is kick-ass.

Alright, I have two suggestions,

Do the thing that madcow does where it smoothes out mouse movement while using a sniper, also, make the aiming down scope toggleable and not hold down.
    I got these suggestions from 600+ meters shots, i guess the idea would change at closer range, but, they are just suggestions.
    600+ meters is across gm_flatgrass already. Thats fucking long. Unless I can't convert units.

Methinks you can find the scope sensitivity reducer inside the madcow's base.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    Finally a real gun pack.

30. Post #110
    July 2006
    2 Posts
    Yeah, I think having the scope movement smoothed out would be good. It makes for a hell of a hard time fine tuning your aim when it jitters around so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Finally a real gun pack.
    This pretty much makes my sniper rifles obsolete lol. The bolt action sounds don't play if you are scoped in, and if you scope out, then the animation doesn't play. A quick fix would be to merge the shot and bolt sounds into one.

Quick question:
    Is the green number in the bottom left hand of the scope the measurement in feet or meters?
    And is the red number the amount of drop in mil-dots?

32. Post #112
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Very nice set of weapons here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,808 Posts
    I had a suggestion, if you're up to it. I like how the scopes have a rangefinder, but is there any chance you could make a spotter scope/binoculars weapon, that gives range, etc? I could see many uses for it.

Secondly, is there any chance of removing the explosive damage dealt by the sniper rounds?

34. Post #114
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    I had a suggestion, if you're up to it. I like how the scopes have a rangefinder, but is there any chance you could make a spotter scope/binoculars weapon, that gives range, etc? I could see many uses for it.

Secondly, is there any chance of removing the explosive damage dealt by the sniper rounds?

Give you range in feet. It only works up to 1366ft, which is pretty much across gm_buttes.

Edited:

Can you make the impact effects on the guns way smaller? They seem more like mini-grenades right now.

35. Post #115
    December 2009
    289 Posts
    quick question... do you need err... Life Support 3? because i just deleted mine from my addons hoping that i would never, ever, had to use it again... well anyways, i had the Way previous version, the one that were in your website, or something like that, so anyway... good job! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

36. Post #116
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Well I probably won't be reducing scope sensitivity because all of those other weapon bases such as Mad Cows and CSS realistic guns and Kermites and stuff all use a function that modifies a gamemode hook. So if I do the same thing for my guns, it might mess up other installed packs in your adddons. Or they might mess up mine. I'll play around with the SWEP mouse sensitivity function and try to get it working with these, because the minimum increments of player angle get to be about the same as the width of a body around 800 meters. I'd like to take out the explosive damage of the bullets and leave the bullet damage part in, but it seems to apply force to the entire ragdoll instead of just the bone that got hit, so NPCs drop dead without showing where they got shot. And Flubadoo I did try both variants of the M82 and AWP and I liked the current models more. I might switch out the M82 viewmodel for the newest animations of it. I didn't like the M82 you used in your sniper pack because there is no world model for it and it overrides the M82 texture.

Oh and I totally forgot to mention the rangefinder. The green number on top tells the distance in meters and the orange one on the bottom tells flight time.

EDIT;

AND HOLY JESUS
    I just found out why the pack is so big in file size. The textures for the AS50 body alone take up 32 mb! That's the majority of this packs 56mb!
    !!!!!!!!
    I'll try to resize them. 2048x2048 seems unnecessary.

37. Post #117
    January 2010
    9,896 Posts
    PLEASE make pistols next! Also, need more silenced weapons.

38. Post #118
    March 2010
    411 Posts
    PLEASE make pistols next! Also, need more silenced weapons.
    He's making his weapons I suppose in the assault format. So I don't beleive there will be many weapons with silencers just yet. As for the pistols I second that.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    How could I make these not automatically sent to clients?

40. Post #120

March 2010
    60 Posts
    GD, are you sure you need CSS? Because I have it. I will reinstall GMOD soon and see if that fixes it. And it it doesn't, I will remove STEAM and everything related to it and install it ALL TO GET YOUR WEAPONS PACK WORKING :D. So.... (wish me, "good luck!")