View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #521
    March 2010
    143 Posts
    I really like these sweps..but i wish that the "E" function was toggable..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #522
    November 2010
    5 Posts
    Great sweps i love them...but when i try and aim down the ACOG scope it doesn't work and it just zooms in. No crosshair or anything. But still Great :D

3. Post #523
    January 2010
    9,783 Posts
    Technically speaking, the MP7 was designed to penetrate body armor, but then that's me talking about something I don't know like I know about it.
    MP7 can penetrate heavy armor, but its main use was a great self defence SMG that could reach further than most other SMGs.

4. Post #524

July 2009
    420 Posts
    generic default, you still working on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #525
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    generic default, you still working on this?
    Yep, I'm just not making as much progress as I used to. In the next update I will have tracers that can be seen from behind, not just the side.

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,345 Posts
    Yep, I'm just not making as much progress as I used to. In the next update I will have tracers that can be seen from behind, not just the side.
    Can you make it so the guns do make everything explode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

7. Post #527
    January 2010
    2,732 Posts
    Can you make it so the guns do make everything explode?
    Some real bullets do that so strays don't cause as much damage to buildings and such.

8. Post #528
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    I've whined about this before... But where is that credit you said you would give me lol? I don't really care about it. Just that it has been brought up like 4 times before... I guess I really do care about it then, But yea credit Plz.

If you are wondering what I did again, I taught you tables and gave you my script for Hit Groups.

9. Post #529
    August 2010
    121 Posts
    (I'm pretty sure this is a problem)

Can you fix the weapons having to light boxes on fire?

10. Post #530
    Dennab
    September 2010
    278 Posts
    He probly using util.Blastdamage.

Obviouslly doesnt know what the fuck hes doing o.O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

11. Post #531
    June 2010
    200 Posts

I hate.... hating, But I think you don't belong in THIS thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #532
    January 2010
    9,783 Posts

If a bullet hits a hard object, and isn't embedded into it or penetrates, it can make a small explosion, which is one of the reasons why you can still be injured when hit by a bullet even if you are wearing a bulletproof vest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #533
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    Yes, but take it from a guy who has put a few thousand rounds downrange...

If I shot a target and it suddenly caught on fire... I'd take the ammo and put it in a very special place, where no one could find my new personal Jesus, and there isn't enough kinetic energy in the mass of the bullet to cause an explosion actually. The 'explosion' you are seeing is the lead temporarily liquidating, it is the lead shearing off at an angle of impact.

The only round capable of having enough kinetic energy to cause an 'explosion', is the prototype railgun being developed for the navy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #534
    January 2010
    9,783 Posts
    Yes, but take it from a guy who has put a few thousand rounds downrange...

If I shot a target and it suddenly caught on fire... I'd take the ammo and put it in a very special place, where no one could find my new personal Jesus, and there isn't enough kinetic energy in the mass of the bullet to cause an explosion actually. The 'explosion' you are seeing is the lead temporarily liquidating, it is the lead shearing off at an angle of impact.

The only round capable of having enough kinetic energy to cause an 'explosion', is the prototype railgun being developed for the navy.
    Either way, the "explosion" caused int he game looks more like dirt being dispersed into the air, and the explosion is very small, so the shot has to be right next to the target, I mean RIGHT NEXT TO IT, to cause splash damage.

15. Post #535
    October 2009
    403 Posts
    What Zoey means is that he could use a different method of dealing this damage. Util.Blastdamage limits damage type to explosive, and it would probably be better to use a for in loop to achieve the same effect with a bullet damage type.

You could even make the damage decrease with distance, as if you WERE using util.Blastdamage.

local dmg = DamageInfo()
    (Set your damage type, amount, etc here)
    for k,v in pairs (ents.FindInSphere (self:GetPos(), 3) ) do
    v:TakeDamageInfo(dmg)
    end

Oh, and, last time I checked, the bullet entities move every frame, and if I'm not wrong, frame time differs between servers.

Eh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #536
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    What Zoey means is that he could use a different method of dealing this damage. Util.Blastdamage limits damage type to explosive, and it would probably be better to use a for in loop to achieve the same effect with a bullet damage type.

You could even make the damage decrease with distance, as if you WERE using util.Blastdamage.

local dmg = DamageInfo()
    (Set your damage type, amount, etc here)
    for k,v in pairs (ents.FindInSphere (self:GetPos(), 3) ) do
    v:TakeDamageInfo(dmg)
    end

Oh, and, last time I checked, the bullet entities move every frame, and if I'm not wrong, frame time differs between servers.

Eh.
    "Obviouslly doesnt know what the fuck hes doing o.O "

How do you get all of that out of all this? And nice info b.t.w, I did not mean to put Lua king though, That was an accident.

17. Post #537
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Yeah I know, it is kind of annoying to use blastdamage, but if I do it with finding and tracing it doesn't work as well. As of now I'm sticking to the excuse that all of the bullets fired by these guns are high explosive incendiary tracer rounds.

Still though, even if the bullet entities aren't perfect they're better than the alternative method of doing an instant trace in a cone with a tiny little impact.

And this reminds me I really need to release the Machine gun pack and pistol pack. I've just been working a lot more on GDC and building lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #538
    October 2009
    403 Posts
    Yeah I know, it is kind of annoying to use blastdamage, but if I do it with finding and tracing it doesn't work as well. As of now I'm sticking to the excuse that all of the bullets fired by these guns are high explosive incendiary tracer rounds.

Still though, even if the bullet entities aren't perfect they're better than the alternative method of doing an instant trace in a cone with a tiny little impact.

And this reminds me I really need to release the Machine gun pack and pistol pack. I've just been working a lot more on GDC and building lately.
    You don't need to use traces. Using Entity.TakeDamageInfo with ents.FindInSphere works in pretty much the same manner as util.BlastDamage. You just need a quick loop through the table.

You can easily alter the rate at which bullet entities change their position by using Entity.NextThink (Pretty sure that's what it's called) in your think function.
    Don't forget to return true though, I did that once and spent 20 minutes searching for where I went wrong.

I don't happen to have your weapons on my computer right now, but they don't they use Teta Bonita's physically simulated bullet code? Or just the method? Whatever, I don't recall.

Keep it up, I guess?

19. Post #539
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    The way these bullets shoot reminds me of in Call of Duty, When you shoot a mini-gun and you get a radius effect, and a sweet mini-explosion, But instead of needing a mini-gun it just works for everything, Awesome.

20. Post #540
    April 2010
    1,465 Posts
    I can't hear gunshot sound nor weapon reload sound, please help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #541
    January 2010
    2,732 Posts
    I can't hear gunshot sound nor weapon reload sound, please help.
    The answer is to re-install gmod. It always works for me. You can store your addons and maps by moving them to a different location on you computer, then delete gmod and re-install on steam.

22. Post #542
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    No they don't use teta's bullet code. These were originally gcombat based; then I modified them a lot and optimized them for GDC; then I changed them even more for GDCW.

Just added the 3d tracers to the SVN. Tell me if you like them or not.

EDIT

Yes Hellsing I finally gave you credit.

And I'm also gonna release an RPG soon with a few grenades to go with it.

23. Post #543
    January 2010
    2,732 Posts
    No they don't use teta's bullet code. These were originally gcombat based; then I modified them a lot and optimized them for GDC; then I changed them even more for GDCW.

Just added the 3d tracers to the SVN. Tell me if you like them or not.

EDIT

Yes Hellsing I finally gave you credit.

And I'm also gonna release an RPG soon with a few grenades to go with it.
    Speaking of which, can you make a list of the MGs in the upcoming pack?

24. Post #544
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    This isn't finalized, but...

AK-47
    HK416
    M16
    M134
    M249
    M240
    HK21
    SL8

Some of those are pretty much the same guns that are already in the assault pack, they just have drum clips.

Oh, and I'm gonna start a vote about lowering the texture resolution on most guns to decrease file size.
    A lot of the textures are 1024x1024, which might be making problems for some of you with bad computers. If I lower them to 512x512, the file size will go down 4x and there shouldn't be much of a difference when you look at the guns.
    Normally I would emphasize quality but now that there are so many materials in this pack I think I should do something about it.

So just leave a comment if you think I should do that.

25. Post #545
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    This isn't finalized, but...

AK-47
    HK416
    M16
    M134
    M249
    M240
    HK21
    SL8

Some of those are pretty much the same guns that are already in the assault pack, they just have drum clips.

Oh, and I'm gonna start a vote about lowering the texture resolution on most guns to decrease file size.
    A lot of the textures are 1024x1024, which might be making problems for some of you with bad computers. If I lower them to 512x512, the file size will go down 4x and there shouldn't be much of a difference when you look at the guns.
    Normally I would emphasize quality but now that there are so many materials in this pack I think I should do something about it.

So just leave a comment if you think I should do that.
    I can try doing an MG36E if I have enough time, I learned how to hack animations. I could also add attachments to that G36c in your pack...

26. Post #546
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    If you do that, and do it well, I'll definitely put them in the pack and give you credit.

27. Post #547
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    If you do that, and do it well, I'll definitely put them in the pack and give you credit.
    I'll try to put it on these anims... http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/56606

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    669 Posts
    Amazing pack; I just wish the ironsights were togglable.

29. Post #549

July 2009
    420 Posts
    this is looking good. could you list of any other weapons you wish to introduce in time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #550
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    I would love to see a Ruger GP-100 get ported o'er to CSS, but I seriously doubt I'd get to see that. :(

Generic,

If you are itching to get into modelling & animating, I'd love to see a GP-100 :D

31. Post #551
    September 2010
    32 Posts
    hey is it possibel to remove the guns from the npc list of guns or just remove the guns at all? i realy like the thing where i can turn dead npc,s away on and off but the guns is anoying to have as npc weapons sorry for my english :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

32. Post #552
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    hey is it possibel to remove the guns from the npc list of guns or just remove the guns at all? i realy like the thing where i can turn dead npc,s away on and off but the guns is anoying to have as npc weapons sorry for my english :-)
    After you run it once in-game the script for Npc weapons is changed and then held in your garrysmod directory, Not the addon directory. So you would have to remove it from both of the directories. They would be something like...

in main directory
    c:Bla,bla,bla, Garrysmod/Garrysmod/Lua/Autorun/GDCWAdditions.lua
    and in the addons
    c:Bla,bla,bla, Garrysmod/Garrysmod/Addons/gdcw/lua/autorun/GDCWAdditions.lua

Delete these both. Or just the one on the bottom if the other one is not there.

If the one in the main directory does not exist, then that is my fault.. I have not had this installed for a while. But this should help.

33. Post #553
    June 2010
    200 Posts

Umm.. did you fix the led model? Is this just my problem?

P.s- Don't ask me how I got the bullet entity to stay still lol.

34. Post #554
    July 2010
    749 Posts
    :bravo:

35. Post #555
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,715 Posts
    How did you get the bullet entity to stay still lol?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

36. Post #556
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    How did you get the bullet entity to stay still lol?
    If you really want to know, I was messing around with trying to get my water script to work again, It was not working out real well. Then I noticed this.

37. Post #557
    October 2009
    403 Posts
    The model really doesn't matter, the entity is just performing traces and teleporting to the trace's end point if the trace hits nothing. The players should never actually see the model with any detail in this case.

38. Post #558
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    The model really doesn't matter, the entity is just performing traces and teleporting to the trace's end point if the trace hits nothing. The players should never actually see the model with any detail in this case.
    It would just be cool, because when you are getting shot by npc's you can see the bullet flying at you. It would be nice to have it proper and textured correctly for slow motion. I think that would be sweet. Plus, I was told this was fixed a while ago, I've pointed this out before.

39. Post #559
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I'm not sure why it's pink and black. It probably has something to do with the recent wire model pack update that removed some textures and replaced the textures on the LED model.

I'll try to fix that and get it into the SVN soon. Until then if you just go into your GDCW folder/models and delete all the "led" models you should be fine.

Oh and about what blargh said, if I took out the model, would it reduce spawn time? In multiplayer the bullets always seem to spawn like 1/10th of a second after you shoot them, which gets annoying.

40. Post #560
    October 2009
    403 Posts
    I'm not sure why it's pink and black. It probably has something to do with the recent wire model pack update that removed some textures and replaced the textures on the LED model.

I'll try to fix that and get it into the SVN soon. Until then if you just go into your GDCW folder/models and delete all the "led" models you should be fine.

Oh and about what blargh said, if I took out the model, would it reduce spawn time? In multiplayer the bullets always seem to spawn like 1/10th of a second after you shoot them, which gets annoying.
    Aside from the model precache time? No. I'd guess that's just latency, entity spawning is handled by the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)