View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #641
    December 2010
    6 Posts
    Hey Generic is there any way to change the lua ironsights code so that right click toggles the sights so I don't have to hold down the right mouse button to do so? Like what would I have to change to do so? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    January 2011
    6 Posts
    Please........I need help with the sounds do i need anything? I have CSS,GCX,GDC,Gcombat and the SVN im not sure whats wrong because its all installed right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    July 2010
    397 Posts
    Please........I need help with the sounds do i need anything? I have CSS,GCX,GDC,Gcombat and the SVN im not sure whats wrong because its all installed right.
    You really need to describe what is wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #644
    January 2011
    6 Posts
    Uhh the sounds are missing i mean all the sounds not just shooting

Edited:

sounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    April 2010
    1,467 Posts
    My sounds are missing too.
    And don't say "BLUH BLUH reinstall gmod nao"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #646
    January 2011
    6 Posts
    any help on the missing sounds.....anyone?

7. Post #647
    August 2009
    101 Posts
    Hey, I love GDCW so much, But one thing always bugged me. It is that every gun seems to have Incendiary bullets. If you shot a wooden house in reality, It wouldn't light on fire. I'm not dissing you or the pack, because whether or not the bullets are like that, I'd still use them. And I do. Thanks for putting so much work into the pack. (No sarcasm included)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #648

January 2011
    8 Posts
    Hey, ive enjoyed these weapons, however when I downloaded the SVN all of the weapons did NO damage.
    I also got a blue lua error saying it faild to SetDamageType.
    Anyway to fix?
    If no I have a capped cnnection and I wasted 600 mb on this.
    And I will be pissed.
    PLEASE HELP :3

9. Post #649
    February 2011
    10 Posts
    Greetings GenericDefault, I found your SWEP pack and base today, and I look foward to the next release.
    If there* is a thing I would suggest, it would be binding the "idle weapon" animation to E+Mouse1, as a toggle, that is more convinient, and maybe a little less smoke when the bullets hit, as it looks rather strange.
    Apart from that, I am quite astonished by the absolute quality of your SWEP base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

10. Post #650
    The Sandiest of them All!
    October 2009
    169 Posts
    I love all the weapons in this pack. They're fun to shoot, and are quite realistic (other than the recoil that doesn't really allow you to turn) The only concerns are:

Why does the Uzi shoot faster than the Mini Uzi? It should be the other way around.
    On Wikipedia, (not the most reliable source, I know, but at least this part is correct) the Uzi fires at a rate of 600rpm, while the Mini Uzi (different site) is advertised for 900rpm, while actual testing shows it's more like 1200rpm.

After quite a while of the introduction of the water effects with the M240, why is this still the only gun that actually has the bullets that get stopped by the water after traveling through it after a set (and short) distance?

-latest svn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    February 2011
    32 Posts
    Sorry if I missed it, but I really didn't want to have to sort through 17 pages of this thread to get a simple answer.

Is CSS required for this game, or will at least some of the weapons work if I don't have it?

12. Post #652
    February 2011
    10 Posts
    Sorry if I missed it, but I really didn't want to have to sort through 17 pages of this thread to get a simple answer.

Is CSS required for this game, or will at least some of the weapons work if I don't have it?
    I wouldn't think so, but don't be surprised if you get a missing texture somewhere.
    Apart from that, CSS isn't that costly in this day and age, get it on a Steam-sale sometime, CSS is almost always on sale.

The CSS weapons package of course needs CSS, but are much lower quality.

13. Post #653
    February 2011
    32 Posts
    Okay, thank you very much. I'll try to snag a good deal on it.

14. Post #654
    January 2010
    38 Posts
    Whenever I shoot an npc with this, theres no blood and the hitmarks or whatever are stone bullet marks not npc ones, if you know what I mean. If it helps, I use the SVN. Thanks!

15. Post #655
    DOPPELPENISFUCHS
    December 2009
    578 Posts
    Yeah they have been doing that since day one. Hopefulyl it'll get fixed, but it's not gamebreaking or anything.

16. Post #656
    February 2011
    10 Posts
    I have found another problem with these weapons. The non-hostile animation/holdtype (Played when holding E), only seems to work clientside, as in, when my friends hold E, their holdtypes wont change on my client and vice versa, and they'll still look very hostile.
    This is a major problem, as I was quite hoping to use these magnificent weapons on an RP server, where details like that are rather important.

Thank you for your time GenericDefault

17. Post #657
    January 2010
    38 Posts
    I pray that this will be fixed right away. I like to see gunshot wounds on corpses when I run by them to keep fighting.

18. Post #658
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I pray that this will be fixed right away. I like to see gunshot wounds on corpses when I run by them to keep fighting.
    Right now I'm working on a dynamic explosion effect, and I'll be able to apply different impact marks to stuff once I finish it.

19. Post #659
    January 2010
    38 Posts
    Thanks. Maybe finally when I shoot the shit out of a Metrocop, it won't look like I just turned a rubbery stone statue into swiss cheese.

20. Post #660
    I love this pack, but I don't like the fact that firing the bullets is like firing an automatic grenade launcher. I could kill an Antlion Guard in a few shots to the ground in front of it. Can I have permission to edit it? I won't release it so I don't think it'd be a problem.

21. Post #661
    January 2010
    9,831 Posts
    When is the shotgun going to be fixed?

22. Post #662
    February 2011
    10 Posts
    Sorry to bother you GenericDefault, but I think you know the unscoped sniper rifles don't work, and they are an easy fix. Apart from that, it would be wonderful if the bullets did not set fire to wooden objects.

I said it before and I'll say it again, absolutely magnificent base.

23. Post #663
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Sorry to bother you GenericDefault, but I think you know the unscoped sniper rifles don't work, and they are an easy fix. Apart from that, it would be wonderful if the bullets did not set fire to wooden objects.

Wait, how exactly do the unscoped rifles not work? Do they give a console error or something?

24. Post #664
    October 2009
    403 Posts

I'm tellin' ya, Generic Default, ents.FindInSphere is the way to go.

25. Post #665
    January 2010
    9,831 Posts
    Wait, how exactly do the unscoped rifles not work? Do they give a console error or something?
    The iron sights have so much zoom that the iron sights disappear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #666
    February 2011
    10 Posts
    The iron sights have so much zoom that the iron sights disappear.
    Indeed, and I did fix it myself by setting the IronFOV to the same as WorldModelFOV

27. Post #667
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Indeed, and I did fix it myself by setting the IronFOV to the same as WorldModelFOV
    Hmm, I've never really thought about that. To fix it without changing files just go to the gmod menu,

Options -> Video -> Advanced

And change "Field of View" to 75.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    I installed all this stuff correct as far as I can tell, but the weapons have no sounds.

Also the 3 hit kill thing is kind of bullshit, I doubt a 9mm round would drop an antlion guard with 3 hits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,316 Posts
    http://www.cdg.net/forums/viewtopic....073dc12379b50f
    :c00l:
    The Jewish Hand Cannon, fits well with rest of the weapons due to attachments.

30. Post #670
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    http://www.cdg.net/forums/viewtopic....073dc12379b50f
    :c00l:
    The Jewish Hand Cannon, fits well with rest of the weapons due to attachments.
    Nice, if the animations are good on that I'll put it in the pack immediately!

31. Post #671
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Generic Default are you actually going to investigate that half the people of your mod have dis-functional versions of it or at least reference a fix?

32. Post #672
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Generic Default are you actually going to investigate that half the people of your mod have dis-functional versions of it or at least reference a fix?
    I'd like to fix it for everyone, but a lot of people who are having problems are having problems that are either their fault or are unfixable. Most of the people having lua errors that have to do with damage or basic gmod functions are either pirates or running older un-updated versions of gmod. The problem with not hearing sounds is caused by scripts not running for some reason, which seems to be completely random and out of my control. Pink and black textures or error bullets = no CSS, which can be fixed by downloading shell or hand packs from fpsbanana.

There are a few errors that are my fault, like the shotgun not reloading right when you press R, and a client side error that you get when a bullet hits an NPC's gun and kills the NPC.

So if anybody can report their errors in detail, along with what version of GDC they're using and any other related stuff, I'll try my best to fix the error.

Problem and fix section for a few common errors.

Problem Fix

- Iron sights are too close: - Options -> Video -> Advanced -> change "Field of View" to 75.
    - No gun sounds: - garrysmod/garrysmod/scripts -> Delete "game_sounds_manifest" and restart gmod a few times to rebuild it.
    - Pink and black textures on hands: - You don't have CSS installed; go download a hand texture pack from fpsbanana and put it in the right material folder.
    - Errors fly out when I shoot: - You don't have CSS installed; go download a bullet shell pack from fpsbanana and put it in the right models and materials folder.
    - Bodies disappear after being killed: - Q menu -> Utilities -> NPC clean up -> Uncheck the boxes you want
    - Guns are too powerful!: - That's the intent of this pack....

Any other common errors I'm missing? If you report a legit error I'll try to help.

Oh and by the way that desert eagle a few posts down is great, except that the world models won't extract so I can't get them to fit the player's hand. Should I still put them in the pack but keep the other desert eagle and use it for the world model?

33. Post #673
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Bunch of helpful stuff
    Cheers man, delete my manifest and it reloaded a new one, thanks a tone. Really wanted these to work :D

My only other suggestion is to make the NPC Clean up an optional installation, it is a pain that you have to uncheck it each you load a map. Also I'd recommend a toggle for the effects - they look really cheesy and I'm happy with the defaults. Awesome pack none-the-less.

34. Post #674
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Cheers man, delete my manifest and it reloaded a new one, thanks a tone. Really wanted these to work :D

My only other suggestion is to make the NPC Clean up an optional installation, it is a pain that you have to uncheck it each you load a map. Also I'd recommend a toggle for the effects - they look really cheesy and I'm happy with the defaults. Awesome pack none-the-less.
    OK thanks, I'm glad the script reload worked for you. I'm working on a menu system for GDC and GDCW and a few of the other packs in progress. If I get it working, players and admins will have the ability to change all of the settings for these guns, from damage to effects to a toggle between entity bullets and traces.

35. Post #675

August 2010
    33 Posts
    what kind of guns are going to be in the next pack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #676
    March 2011
    3 Posts
    I dont know if its been said, but the M3 shotgun has been messed up since it was added, at least for me. When you reload, its as if only one shell is put in the gun, but it goes straight to max ammo (8 rounds) no matter how many has been used. Also, it doesn't deduct anything from the extra ammo pool, as if nothing was ever shot in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #677

March 2011
    1 Posts
    Love this weapon set!

I do agree with the previous poster that the weapons are just slightly OP.

I'm trying to work out how to change the LUA files to reduce the damage to fit with the HL2 Weps.
    I've gathered that I have to edit the Bullet's init.lua
    Looking at the file I see three lines of code that look like they're what I need to change:

Code:
     There are two lines that read:
    util.BlastDamage(self.Entity, self.Owner, tr.HitPos, 40, 20)
    And between them there is this line:
    util.BlastDamage(self.Entity, self.Owner, tr.HitPos, 70, 70)
    Looking at the wiki, I discovered that the damage value is the last number in the brackets, I tried changing the values down to 5 & 10 however i was still killed in about 4/5 shots. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to use smaller numbers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #678
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    The blast damage part is what does "splash damage" when a bullet hits right next to you. The first one is for regular surface hits and the other one is for when a bullet emerges from a wall it just went through. Look for this part abut half way through the file;

dmginfo:SetDamage( math.Rand(20,35) ) -- 40-70 damage

That is the number that actually determines the damage. It's randomized a little bit and the actual damage is double of what you put in for some reason. Also keep in mind that that value will change depending on what part of the target you hit.
    Code:
    	if hitgroup == HITGROUP_HEAD 						then 	dmginfo:ScaleDamage( 5 ) 			end
    	if hitgroup == HITGROUP_STOMACH 					then 	dmginfo:ScaleDamage( 1 ) 			end
    	if hitgroup == HITGROUP_CHEST 						then 	dmginfo:ScaleDamage( math.Rand(1,1.5) ) 	end
    	if  hitgroup == HITGROUP_LEFTARM || hitgroup == HITGROUP_RIGHTARM  	then 	dmginfo:ScaleDamage( math.Rand(0.3,0.5) ) 	end
    	if  hitgroup == HITGROUP_LEFTLEG || hitgroup == HITGROUP_RIGHTLEG  	then 	dmginfo:ScaleDamage( math.Rand(0.3,0.6) ) 	end

39. Post #679
    March 2011
    1 Posts
    For some reason, I get errors flying, though I still see the bullets coming out. What could this be? I tried downloading bullet shell pack and everything, but it simply keeps giving me the errors flying still.

I mean, SHELLS. From the gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

40. Post #680
    February 2011
    10 Posts
    For some reason, I get errors flying, though I still see the bullets coming out. What could this be? I tried downloading bullet shell pack and everything, but it simply keeps giving me the errors flying still.

I mean, SHELLS. From the gun.
    I'm guessing you don't have Counter Strike: Source?