View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #721
    June 2010
    5 Posts
    Thank you, this has been the consensus of the past 3 days
    Will this ever be fixed though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    fuck let me go grab my crystal ball

Edited:

i swear i can never find that thing

3. Post #723
    October 2009
    403 Posts

4. Post #724
    April 2011
    34 Posts
    What's wrong?
    The firing sounds are broken. :(

5. Post #725

December 2005
    1 Posts
    I have'th some good news, I figured out a ghetto fix! go to GDC Weapons<scripts<sounds now copy all those text files and paste them in garrysmod<scripts<sounds then delete the game_sounds_manifest.txt and start gmod! worked for me :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #726

August 2010
    33 Posts
    it worked for me too, thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #727
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    CG62 - Yes, I already have an RPG done, but I haven't put it in the pack yet.
    Everyone - There are no sounds because Garry made scripts not work. I hope he fixes them, until then there is nothing I can do.
    Mitch - There is bullet drop, that's one of the main features of this pack.......

GodOfWhore - Thanks for posting that, it seems to be the only way to fix the sound problem for now.
    Unfortunately scripts don't load into that folder from addons because of the update, so I can't fix it.

Recently I've been working on a version 2 of the CSS SWEP pack, it just takes a lot of time to test them online and stuff. I completely remade the bullet code and made some new effects and stuff, it looks pretty nice and doesn't lag as much. Bullets (once I put them in the SVN) will hit water and penetrate different amounts in different materials. There are no more penetration glitches. Maybe I'll add the RPG in the next update too...

8. Post #728
    September 2010
    74 Posts
    Hell yeah. I eagerly await it's inclusion.

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    All that needs fixing now is the sniper sensitivity.

Also the disappearance of the player model when using the feign death addon

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    207 Posts
    Everyone - There are no sounds because Garry made scripts not work. I hope he fixes them, until then there is nothing I can do.
    Mitch - There is bullet drop, that's one of the main features of this pack.......

GodOfWhore - Thanks for posting that, it seems to be the only way to fix the sound problem for now.
    Unfortunately scripts don't load into that folder from addons because of the update, so I can't fix it.

Recently I've been working on a version 2 of the CSS SWEP pack, it just takes a lot of time to test them online and stuff. I completely remade the bullet code and made some new effects and stuff, it looks pretty nice and doesn't lag as much. Bullets (once I put them in the SVN) will hit water and penetrate different amounts in different materials. There are no more penetration glitches. Maybe I'll add the RPG in the next update too...
    Could you please add the CSS Weapons v2 to the SVN when you finish them?

11. Post #731
    April 2011
    4 Posts
    I have a problem, when ever i fire a weapon a big giant ERROR is ejected out of the gun, this happens for all of the guns. (exept the pistols...i havent tried that pack yet)

12. Post #732
    September 2010
    74 Posts
    I have a problem, when ever i fire a weapon a big giant ERROR is ejected out of the gun, this happens for all of the guns. (exept the pistols...i havent tried that pack yet)
    Do you have Counter Strike: Source?

13. Post #733
    April 2011
    4 Posts
    Do you have Counter Strike: Source?
    no i do not...and i find that to be a big problem when using mods :(

14. Post #734
    September 2010
    74 Posts
    no i do not...and i find that to be a big problem when using mods :(
    Well that's the problem. The empty shell models are from CS:S.

pretty sure you could find a pack that reskins them on GameBanana, I think I've seend that as a possible fix before.

15. Post #735
    April 2011
    4 Posts
    thanks ill see what i can do

16. Post #736
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    OK I just put out a big update, I remade the bullet code, effects, and a few other things. Also I finally added that RPG and a new sniper rifle (AWP) and renamed the old one the TRG. Tell me of any errors you have with this update please!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,719 Posts
    the sounds still don't seem to be working I have no reading comprehension

I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but the RPG seems to have no "blast" effect. Like if the rocket explodes right next to a soda can that isn't frozen in place, it won't be moved at all.

the AWP has no icon

That's all I've noticed so far

18. Post #738
    January 2010
    9,864 Posts
    The RPG is awesome, the effects are excellent and the back-blast smoke is pretty cool. You don't see that alot in RPG SWEPs. The AWP works great, besides having no icon, and like the other weapons, no sounds.

The RPG, just like Bloodgasm said, does not move props. This is a bit bothersome.

Edited:

The new bullet code is orgasmic. Love it

Edited:

If the RPG is suppost to have different warheads it doesn't work

19. Post #739
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Sorry about the AWP icon, I noticed that yesterday right after I committed the update but I got detained and I couldn't get out of holding until just a few hours ago. So AWP icon has been fixed as of ~3 minutes ago.

I don't know why the RPG isn't moving props, it's using the standard blast damage function. Maybe the damage is too low, I'll look into it.

And yes, I was also thinking about doing the warhead switch type thingy. So far I'm planning on having;

-High Explosive
    -High Explosive Anti Tank
    -Tandem HEAT
    -Thermobaric
    -White Phosphorus
    -SABOT
    -Napalm? Slug? Premature Explosion? (Your suggestions here)

Sounds are still broken because Garry is too lazy to fix them. A few posts up/down there is a method to fix it. I can't do anything at all for the sounds, I'll just have to wait and hope Garry gets around to making sound scripts load sometime soon.

20. Post #740
    January 2010
    9,864 Posts
    Napalm would be awesome. Add that.
    I would also like an explanation of the warhead types. Obviously I know what HE and HE AT is, but Tandem HEAT? Thermobatic? White Phosphorus? SABOT? Premature Explosion? Slug?

Edited:

GD, you should put the fix in the OP if you haven't already.

21. Post #741
    October 2009
    403 Posts
    Sorry about the AWP icon, I noticed that yesterday right after I committed the update but I got detained and I couldn't get out of holding until just a few hours ago. So AWP icon has been fixed as of ~3 minutes ago.

I don't know why the RPG isn't moving props, it's using the standard blast damage function. Maybe the damage is too low, I'll look into it.

And yes, I was also thinking about doing the warhead switch type thingy. So far I'm planning on having;

-High Explosive
    -High Explosive Anti Tank
    -Tandem HEAT
    -Thermobaric
    -White Phosphorus
    -SABOT
    -Napalm? Slug? Premature Explosion? (Your suggestions here)

Sounds are still broken because Garry is too lazy to fix them. A few posts up/down there is a method to fix it. I can't do anything at all for the sounds, I'll just have to wait and hope Garry gets around to making sound scripts load sometime soon.
    Psst... util.BlastDamage doesn't apply physics force. Do it yourself by looping through ents.FindInSphere or use an env_physexplosion.

22. Post #742
    January 2008
    1,115 Posts
    Napalm would be awesome. Add that.
    I would also like an explanation of the warhead types. Obviously I know what HE and HE AT is, but Tandem HEAT? Thermobatic? White Phosphorus? SABOT? Premature Explosion? Slug?

Edited:

GD, you should put the fix in the OP if you haven't already.
    Tandem HEAT - Two charges, one goes off initially to detonate any explosive-reactive-armour, second does the killing

Thermobaric - Charge designed to destroy via a large pressure change (one such example is a fuel air bomb, which spreads its fuel in a cloud and detonates it, creating said pressure change as a wave), brilliant against buildings

White Phosphorus - Small HE filler shreds some white phosphorus fragments which ignite on contact with air making shitloads of white smoke and burning fragments which fuck up infantry BAD.

Sabot - Essentially a smaller round encased in a disposable casing which falls away at launch.. Only really see it in big guns with enclosed barrels, not with anything to do with self propelled warheads (its the main type of round for use in the Abram's series of MBTs)

Slug - Again, odd for an RPG or anything bigger than a shotgun. Implies a solid, single round.

Premature Explosion - Most probably refering to a warhead with a timer/sensor which detonates it before it reaches its target ala airburst or proximity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

23. Post #743
    January 2010
    2,751 Posts
    2 things on the new RPG:
    -WAY too much smoke, look a this video
    - reload sounds are misplaced with another gun

24. Post #744
    January 2010
    9,864 Posts
    I notice in the NPC weapons list there is a "GDCW SG552 Iron". Is that suppose to be a upcoming weapon? It doesn't work for NPCs.

Edited:

also the unscoped AWP doesn't work for NPCs

Edited:

I also notice an MP5

Edited:

and a UMP

Edited:

I wish NPCs could use RPGs.

Edited:

Yeah, GD, could you start working on those shotguns?

25. Post #745
    September 2010
    74 Posts
    Watching the RPG fire from third person (or preferably, a camera off to your side somewhere)

Why is it so awesome?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #746

August 2010
    33 Posts
    the new bullet code is awsome but there is a lot of smoke! could you decrease the smoke effect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    and the sniper scope sensitivity please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #748
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    It would be nice to have a compressed version of this, with toned downed smoke and blur effects, also GD, I used to have you on my friends list, can you add me again?

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,354 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but the sounds don't seem to be working for any of the packs. Will they be fixed?

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,456 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but the sounds don't seem to be working for any of the packs. Will they be fixed?
    They will be fixed whenever Gary figures out the bug that caused it. Currently GMod doesn't load any sound manifests, so addons and other mounted games do not have sounds if they use a manifest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #751
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,354 Posts
    They will be fixed whenever Gary figures out the bug that caused it. Currently GMod doesn't load any sound manifests, so addons and other mounted games do not have sounds if they use a manifest.
    Oh well, at least it isn't the pack thats causing the problem.

32. Post #752
    June 2010
    39 Posts
    I L.O.V.E. this pack (Literally Over Victual Excitement!) o.o

No, but seriously, I love everything about it, except one tiny detail. Bullet speed. Bullets do not go this slow, and your pack is kind of like explosive paintball guns..... I should be able to hit someone EASILY when I am close to them, but it isn't easy.... And when I am only about 20 Garrysmod feet away from a wall, it should not take more than .05 seconds to hit the wall (something around that), and right now it hits the wall in about .9 seconds.

I have also shot an M4A1 in real life, and it does NOT kick as much as you have it kicking

Accept for these little things the guns you have put together are amazing. But please, oh please! FIX THE BULLET TRAVEL TIME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    The bullets shouldn't be going as slow as you describe them. If you're running on 66 server frames/second (standard), they have realistic speed.

34. Post #754
    December 2009
    54 Posts
    As dumb as it may be i would like to request the MA5B and M6D at least. So far I've been very impressed with your work and would love to see a new better version of these weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #755

May 2011
    22 Posts
    I know this might be a little old, but the sounds on the weapons, the svn one and the one on gmod.org, does not work. I mean, there no sound comming out of the guns :3

Perhaps you could fix it ? :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #756
    April 2010
    2 Posts
    I'm not sure how long this has been going or if its just me but the only world models i see are the p228,uzi ,micro uzi,m9,m76,m24,m1911,hk21,g36c,python, and the desert eagle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #757
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    World models are fine, it it probably just a graphics problem.
    Sound problem is not fine, I can't do anything about it because Garry removed sound scripts with the big recent update.
    Does anyone know when Garry will fix it? Does he even know it's broken? It seems like relatively big problem and it should have been fixed by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #758
    The Sandiest of them All!
    October 2009
    169 Posts
    I know he does know of it, but I'm unsure as when he'll fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,449 Posts
    How to fix your sounds:

1. Copy everything in the GDCW scripts folder.
    2. Paste in in the scripts folder in the GMod directory.
    Image: http://i.imgur.com/TQS8u.png

All sounds work. QUIT POSTING ABOUT IT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #760
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Thanks for explaining that, Pretender.

Oh and I made a little preview video for a few new weapons that will be added to the pack soon. Any suggestions?

The AWP is already in the pack.
    -AW50
    -UMP45
    -MP5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events