View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1161
    May 2010
    20 Posts
    I'm pretty sure both those things have been brought up before. I haven't coded Lua before (much), so I don't know how hard it is, but given the differences between this base and almost all others...
    I know its hard its just his old guns had force and they didnt shoot through the doors and windows (windows would break) but some reason the new bullets now have no force so im just trying to see if anyway on merging them together or giving new bullets force

not trying to be a dick over here just asking a question
    its alright if there is no way to do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    I know its hard its just his old guns had force and they didnt shoot through the doors and windows (windows would break) but some reason the new bullets now have no force so im just trying to see if anyway on merging them together or giving new bullets force

not trying to be a dick over here just asking a question
    its alright if there is no way to do it
    I never said you were a dick. I'm just saying that the problem has been brought up before. The last time I had GDCW was a relatively long time ago. Therefore, I don't remember if GDCW had this problem once upon a time lol.

I'm pretty sure there's a way. Though honestly, as I said, I can't code for shit, so... yeah...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1163
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    [GenericDefault]:The problem right now is Garry's big update. I don't know when he's going to release it, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to remake all of the SWEP bases and stuff, so that's what's been preventing me from working on the guns a lot for the past few months. I think this will be like the big update at the beginning of 2008 that broke everything, so I'm demotivated to make any progress.
    : http://goo.gl/xjRtz <--- omg so many changes
    : http://goo.gl/Cs4Lm
    Hopefully these can be kept track of so potential problems can be addressed before they happen...

4. Post #1164
    May 2010
    20 Posts
    GDCW FOR TEH WIN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Sorry I haven't checked this thread for a week or so, but FP had that annoying verification thing and I was too lazy to log in. Laziness pays.

Bullets and doors not being hit? That's because they have a weird trace enumeration. Prop windows and windows that are standard trace types do get hit. I could switch back to the old way, where they do get hit, but if I do that, the bullets won't hit water.

And someone wants explosive bullets back. So do I, but the reason I removed them is because a lot of people were complaining about them from the start.

No, reflex sights can't be done in source (as far as I know) because it would require that the engine could do real time dynamic reflections.

The big Gmod update will probably screw up some stuff in GDCW. I'll try to fix it as soon as it happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #1166
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,013 Posts
    change the m16a4 to burst?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1167
    November 2011
    4,745 Posts
    Sorry I haven't checked this thread for a week or so, but FP had that annoying verification thing and I was too lazy to log in. Laziness pays.

Bullets and doors not being hit? That's because they have a weird trace enumeration. Prop windows and windows that are standard trace types do get hit. I could switch back to the old way, where they do get hit, but if I do that, the bullets won't hit water.

And someone wants explosive bullets back. So do I, but the reason I removed them is because a lot of people were complaining about them from the start.

No, reflex sights can't be done in source (as far as I know) because it would require that the engine could do real time dynamic reflections.

The big Gmod update will probably screw up some stuff in GDCW. I'll try to fix it as soon as it happens.
    That's true but you could attempt to make them the same way as LEETNOOB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

8. Post #1168
    April 2006
    17 Posts
    I put these in my addons folder then started my game, they all show up and work great except none of them have any sound at all. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #1169
    September 2011
    687 Posts
    On the SVN there is a txt file, read it. The SVN link should be on the garrysmod page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1170
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    954 Posts
    Go to the GDCW folder in addons and cut the 'scripts' folder. Paste it in garrysmod/garrysmod and merge. Thanks, and have fun.
    I put these in my addons folder then started my game, they all show up and work great except none of them have any sound at all. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #1171
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    This problem has only been brought up a couple thousand times. Take the scripts folder from the addon and drop it into the garrysmod/garrysmod folder, the "root" folder.

12. Post #1172

January 2012
    12 Posts
    Can I improve my K/D with these?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Love the new tracers :)

14. Post #1174

June 2011
    4 Posts
    How come i can't see the guns when the npc's have them? Or when i spawn them for ammo?

15. Post #1175
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    How come i can't see the guns when the npc's have them? Or when i spawn them for ammo?
    I think you need to bump up some of your graphics settings, I seem to recal someone who had the same problem solving it by doing that.

16. Post #1176
    July 2008
    1,334 Posts
    Why can't I hear the gun noises? Was there ever a fix for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Click Here for what to do about your problem.

18. Post #1178
    September 2008
    796 Posts

19. Post #1179
    July 2008
    1,334 Posts
    Thanks Sentry.

20. Post #1180

December 2011
    37 Posts
    Why won't my sounds work? D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #1181
    November 2011
    4,745 Posts
    Why won't my sounds work? D:
    Why wont you read the goddamn thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #1182
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I really need to make a demo video of the horribly simplistic but nonetheless fully functional burst mode I coded for this base...hmmm.

24. Post #1184
    January 2012
    148 Posts
    When I use these weapons, I can't kill a NPC. I shoot them, then they start bleeding (I have gore mod), but that's it! HELP!

25. Post #1185
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    Been wanting to use this base and develop it further, but I'm having a problem with this code:

Code:
    SWEP.SightsPos = Vector (3.0729, -3.3862, 0.9386)
    SWEP.SightsAng = Vector (0, 0, 0)
    SWEP.RunSightsPos = Vector (-4.0726, -2.2463, 0.5766)
    SWEP.RunSightsAng = Vector (-10.8855, -47.285, 11.5733)
    It doesn't give me an error, but I just have no single idea on how to actually configure that, any tips, Generic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

26. Post #1186
    November 2011
    4,745 Posts
    i really love the way the bullets are actual bullets in these sweps instead of just hitscan. the weapons themselves are sort of boring though, since there's literally no recoil.

27. Post #1187
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Been wanting to use this base and develop it further, but I'm having a problem with this code:

Code:
    SWEP.SightsPos = Vector (3.0729, -3.3862, 0.9386)
    SWEP.SightsAng = Vector (0, 0, 0)
    SWEP.RunSightsPos = Vector (-4.0726, -2.2463, 0.5766)
    SWEP.RunSightsAng = Vector (-10.8855, -47.285, 11.5733)
    It doesn't give me an error, but I just have no single idea on how to actually configure that, any tips, Generic?
    Ignore where it says Sights on the run part. The RunSightsAng and Pos define where the gun moves and rotates when you run.

28. Post #1188
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    Ignore where it says Sights on the run part. The RunSightsAng and Pos define where the gun moves and rotates when you run.
    I know that, I just need to know how to determine it (use SWEP Construction Kit or something?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

29. Post #1189
    Either use the Swep Construction Kit or use this http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=29787
    The Ironsights designer saves the angles you made the ironsights in and puts them into a .txt file.
    As for run pos/ang, you can do the exact same thing, but you should only copy the number values and the the part where it says "ironsight pos/ang"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #1190
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Either use the Swep Construction Kit or use this http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=29787
    The Ironsights designer saves the angles you made the ironsights in and puts them into a .txt file.
    As for run pos/ang, you can do the exact same thing, but you should only copy the number values and the the part where it says "ironsight pos/ang"
    What he said, but also make sure you change to FOV to 45 or whatever it says in the individual file (subtract 5) or the iron sights might be off a little.

31. Post #1191
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    Please don't tell me this is dead...

32. Post #1192
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Nope, it's not. I've just been really busy for the last few months and I haven't had time to put in updates. I'm working on a few additions to the code to make you hold the guns up when you face a wall that's very close. A few other guns will be added, too, like the Masada with a scope.

Any requests for GDCW?

33. Post #1193
    November 2011
    4,745 Posts
    Nope, it's not. I've just been really busy for the last few months and I haven't had time to put in updates. I'm working on a few additions to the code to make you hold the guns up when you face a wall that's very close. A few other guns will be added, too, like the Masada with a scope.

Any requests for GDCW?
    Could you make the shooting less laggy? When I fire full auto with any gun, my fps drops from 200 to 40.

Another thing that I think should be changed are the sounds. They're really loud and they sound pretty bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1194
    April 2011
    1,351 Posts

Any requests for GDCW?
    I hope that there will be an option to disable some of the effects (gun smoke, Bullet impact smoke, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1195
    July 2010
    168 Posts

Any requests for GDCW?
    Ah, okay. Maybe a handheld mortar launcher... More handguns... And if you could talk to Hoffa, the maker of NeuroPlanes, and do the explosion effects for him. I love the explosions from this, and it would make his addon 400x better.

36. Post #1196
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    OK, so make the smoke less laggy, change sounds, add more pistols, work with other developers?
    I don't know about working with other developers because I barely have any time. If anyone wants to use my explosion effects feel free to do so.

As for the sounds, I'd love to redo them. I think BFBC2 style sounds would be awesome, but the source sound engine fails so massively that I don't think it will work. Remember that last year Garry actually took out support for custom sounds, so this sound scripting thing is a nightmare.

Real gunshots have 3 basic parts

Overpressure
    Early Reflection
    Reverberation

Each shot in the swep base would require a function timer to do the early reflection, and the rest might work out. I'll look into it.

Right now I'm redoing the swep bases to make them more efficient and cooler. So far I've added SEMI AUTOMATIC FIRING MODE as a toggle and SUPPRESSORS for guns with the right animations. Also a thing to make you point your gun up if you walk right up into a wall. Pressing E with the guns will no longer hold them down, because E will control both the suppressor function and the firing mode toggle.

Burst seems to be REALLY hard to add in, I don't know why. All this stuff will be added in my next update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1197
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    OK, so make the smoke less laggy, change sounds, add more pistols, work with other developers?
    I don't know about working with other developers because I barely have any time. If anyone wants to use my explosion effects feel free to do so.

As for the sounds, I'd love to redo them. I think BFBC2 style sounds would be awesome, but the source sound engine fails so massively that I don't think it will work. Remember that last year Garry actually took out support for custom sounds, so this sound scripting thing is a nightmare.

Real gunshots have 3 basic parts

Overpressure
    Early Reflection
    Reverberation

Each shot in the swep base would require a function timer to do the early reflection, and the rest might work out. I'll look into it.

Right now I'm redoing the swep bases to make them more efficient and cooler. So far I've added SEMI AUTOMATIC FIRING MODE as a toggle and SUPPRESSORS for guns with the right animations. Also a thing to make you point your gun up if you walk right up into a wall. Pressing E with the guns will no longer hold them down, because E will control both the suppressor function and the firing mode toggle.

Burst seems to be REALLY hard to add in, I don't know why. All this stuff will be added in my next update.
    Okay, for the burst fire, couldn't you do something like a shotgun, but with a very tight cone, and a little delay, with three round shots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1198
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    {Finally an update} .

Awesome that you're working on this again!
    While I disagree about the sounds being too loud (whatever happened to realism, no need to copy BF3s airsoft-sounding gunshots), I guess a change is in order.
    Also, no offense Gen, but the incredibly overdone muzzle-flash not only looks a little strange, I've recently noticed that it actually makes staying on target with continual fire a lot more difficult. Maybe for the next update you could tone it down a lot (ie not so hugenormous and flashy)?
    Lastly, over the last few months I was kinda bored with Gmod and decided to try my hand at lua (I suck), but I did manage to code in bullet chambering, some other stuff (which you already did apparently, lol) and also the apparently ever-elusive burst mode
    (no offense people, but really? Its not that hard D: )
    So would you like me to PM you the code for the burst mode (and bullet chambering included ofc), I've had lots of time to bugtest it, and while it makes the primary attack function a lot longer, I'm sure you could optimize and update it for your fancy gun sound realism tomfoolery; I also coded in a toggle between burst mode and semi-auto, and proper shooting when you only have 2 shots (2 shots then stop).
    Or I could just post it here and everyone could just steal it :(
    Also, this may sound a little demanding, but could you switch the bullet entities fired when you primary attack when a silencer is equipped? It just seems weird to me to see a silenced gun firing tracer bullets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #1199
    November 2011
    4,745 Posts
    BF3s airsoft-sounding gunshots
    Obviously you've never played it. All the weapon sounds in BF3 are recorded from real weapons and no, they sound nothing like airsoft guns.

40. Post #1200
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Obviously you've never played it. All the weapon sounds in BF3 are recorded from real weapons and no, they sound nothing like airsoft guns.
    Actually: http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/TheG-Enigma (thats me, don't mind my lack of skill)
    Moving on, perhaps I should rephrase that: From my few but memorable times at the gun range, having heard a (small) variety of weapons fired, I can say that, when standing behind someone firing, say, a Beretta 92fs pistol (or when firing one myself), the sound produced seems significantly louder than that of a weapon fired in BF3, even fired in an indoors map. While the raw power of the guns should perhaps be reduced for realism's sake, I still think that making the guns considerably quieter is a bad idea, especially since the sound scripting is already so iffy that certain gunshots are drowned out by the sound of the bullet impacting. As for the airsoft gun comparison, that was the first thing I thought of, I'm willing to admit I may be wrong.