View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1041
    April 2011
    5,376 Posts
    Nice. Is it going to be a lone weapon, or an attachment to other weapons?
    How do you attatch a big ass rocket launcher to other weapons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1042
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    How do you attatch a big ass rocket launcher to other weapons?
    Ah, see, I thought you miss-spelt it, and meant M203. I can't believe that there's another person out there who calls that thing by it's proper name and not the *Cringe* Grim Reaper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1043
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    Ah, see, I thought you miss-spelt it, and meant M203. I can't believe that there's another person out there who calls that thing by it's proper name and not the *Cringe* Grim Reaper.
    Good god fuck. Please not the grim reaper.

Edited:

He's making a M202 at the moment.
    I think he has one image on his steam page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1044
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    -snip- stupid new post not taking me to the last page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1045
    April 2011
    5,376 Posts
    Between you and me I just googled it and saw what came up, I'm no good with weapon names :(

6. Post #1046
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    Between you and me I just googled it and saw what came up, I'm no good with weapon names :(
    I'm good with them, it's all the CoD fags that assume shit like the M202 is called "Grim Reaper", the M79 is "China Lake", etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #1047
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    I'm good with them, it's all the CoD fags that assume shit like the M202 is called "Grim Reaper", the M79 is "China Lake", etc.
    They call the M79 the "Thumper". There is no official designation for the China lake, it's just the "China Lake pump action grenade launcher"

8. Post #1048
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    They call the M79 the "Thumper". There is no official designation for the China lake, it's just the "China Lake pump action grenade launcher"
    I know this. It is also called the "Blooper," and it could use shotgun rounds, if needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #1049
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    I know this. It is also called the "Blooper," and it could use shotgun rounds, if needed.
    My inner Battlefield fan boy just screamed "40MM SHAWTGAWN?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1050
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    My inner Battlefield fan boy just screamed "40MM SHAWTGAWN?"
    Haha.

11. Post #1051
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    I've been using the Mortar from GDC, and I've got to say: It's fucking awesome. Using it on Freespace_06, having Rebels vs. Combine in the middle, trying to back up the rebels by deploying smoke and pinning down (Or wiping out) the combine. Pretty fun and all.

So I kept getting better and better, being able to put it on the squad that was rushing (Using NPC Group Spawners) down the flanks, then all of a sudden, I must have got a direct hit, because instead of doing the dirt and smoke particles, it did a massive cloud of red. Freaked me the fuck out, then I got really pumped from it. Gotta love hitting them in the head with the Howitzer, too.

12. Post #1052
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I've been using the Mortar from GDC, and I've got to say: It's fucking awesome. Using it on Freespace_06, having Rebels vs. Combine in the middle, trying to back up the rebels by deploying smoke and pinning down (Or wiping out) the combine. Pretty fun and all.

So I kept getting better and better, being able to put it on the squad that was rushing (Using NPC Group Spawners) down the flanks, then all of a sudden, I must have got a direct hit, because instead of doing the dirt and smoke particles, it did a massive cloud of red. Freaked me the fuck out, then I got really pumped from it. Gotta love hitting them in the head with the Howitzer, too.
    *Is bored*
    *Sees Marxman's post*
    *Is jealous*
    *Downloads GDC for first time*
    *Realizes it needs something called "Wire"
    *Grumbles*
    *Googles Wire, downloads Wire for first time*
    *Boots up Gmod*
    *Notices Wire tool tab*
    *Clicks to open tab*
    *Head Explodes*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1053
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    *Is bored*
    *Sees Marxman's post*
    *Is jealous*
    *Downloads GDC for first time*
    *Realizes it needs something called "Wire"
    *Grumbles*
    *Googles Wire, downloads Wire for first time*
    *Boots up Gmod*
    *Notices Wire tool tab*
    *Clicks to open tab*
    *Head Explodes*
    Rofl. Let me help you: You spawn your weapon from the normal tools tab, and it's under "Generic Default's Combat." Choose the weapon you want. (Note that the mortar is the only one you can arc, and it has to be low, because of the Source limits). You spawn what you want, then go to Wire. Scroll down until you find the "Numberpad Input" Spawn one with whatever the fuck numpad number you want. Then, scroll down to the bottom and find "Wire Advanced." Hover over the weapon that you spawned, and click on the option you want (Most weapons have multiple rounds. The Mortar has Incidiary, HE, and Illimination) and then click on the numpad thing. Then just hit the number.

?????

Profit.

14. Post #1054
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Rofl. Let me help you: You spawn your weapon from the normal tools tab, and it's under "Generic Default's Combat." Choose the weapon you want. (Note that the mortar is the only one you can arc, and it has to be low, because of the Source limits). You spawn what you want, then go to Wire. Scroll down until you find the "Numberpad Input" Spawn one with whatever the fuck numpad number you want. Then, scroll down to the bottom and find "Wire Advanced." Hover over the weapon that you spawned, and click on the option you want (Most weapons have multiple rounds. The Mortar has Incidiary, HE, and Illimination) and then click on the numpad thing. Then just hit the number.

?????

Profit.
    Ok, but how do I get teh l60 40mm to fire? ;(
    Edit: nvm got it :)

15. Post #1055
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,845 Posts
    whenever i fire any gun in this pack, the ejected shell makes an error

16. Post #1056
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    whenever i fire any gun in this pack, the ejected shell makes an error
    You need Counter Strike: Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #1057
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,762 Posts
    So does anyone know how to fix the lack of sounds?

Edited:

Figured it out

18. Post #1058
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    So does anyone know how to fix the lack of sounds?

Edited:

Figured it out
    Move the "Scripts" folder to your "Garrysmod" folder. Overwrite everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #1059
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,859 Posts

why don't you get acf its 10x better

20. Post #1060

July 2009
    420 Posts
    may it be something to do with the fact you can only use it on there servers.. therefore is no good for SP builds. also, it's bugged to fuck for quite a few people (me included)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1061
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    What is this ACF you speak of?

22. Post #1062
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,859 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1063
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,633 Posts
    that info is quite out of date, theres a new SVN but I'm too lazy to find it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #1064
    Dennab
    July 2010
    73 Posts
    may it be something to do with the fact you can only use it on there servers.. therefore is no good for SP builds. also, it's bugged to fuck for quite a few people (me included)
    The complete working version of ACF has been available for quite some time now

http://acf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
    http://acf.googlecode.com/svn/branches/models

25. Post #1065

July 2009
    420 Posts
    The complete working version of ACF has been available for quite some time now

http://acf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
    http://acf.googlecode.com/svn/branches/models
    how long's that been available..? starting to make me feel old now :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #1066
    June 2010
    4,864 Posts
    I get no sounds. I get impact sound, but nothing else.
    I didn't install The assault pack first, Is this why?

Edited:

Nevermind, give me clocks/boxes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #1067
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Move the scripts to your scripts folder, read the thread above to figure out how.

Oh and I just made a short video of the new M4/M16 sound, I want to make sure you all like it before I switch to it. Here's the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FLO_ZhDw0

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #1068
    April 2006
    49 Posts
    Needs more P90's. I have not read much of this thread. But if you can make this Compatible with the other leading weapon mods and Prop damage weapons, I might download it. But until then I have mixed feelings about allowing your mods onto my server.

29. Post #1069
    Hey, used to love this swep pack, I was just wondering if you fixed the shotgun reloads? I recall it used to reload the whole magazine/tube by loading 1 shell.

30. Post #1070
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Ooh good an update, I was beginning to get worried.
    In regards to the sound, I like it, maybe people should agree/disagree with you comment to vote on it or something.
    Also, do you plan on adding a firerate toggle? I have a crude one of my own, but dunno if other people want a firerate toggle added in.

31. Post #1071

January 2010
    14 Posts
    This may never be read and it has probably been mentioned before, but how come after long periods of time, the gdcw weapons begin to seriously lag when they are holstered?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #1072
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    This may never be read and it has probably been mentioned before, but how come after long periods of time, the gdcw weapons begin to seriously lag when they are holstered?
    Well, I read it, but I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Do you mean that the game lags when you have the GDC guns, but they're not equipped?
    Because this base has never had a "holster" option.

33. Post #1073

May 2011
    54 Posts
    Ooh good an update, I was beginning to get worried.
    In regards to the sound, I like it, maybe people should agree/disagree with you comment to vote on it or something.
    Also, do you plan on adding a firerate toggle? I have a crude one of my own, but dunno if other people want a firerate toggle added in.
    Firemode? Yeah, I want that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

34. Post #1074
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Firemode? Yeah, I want that.
    Well, the code is somewhat copied from LeetNoob's base, so...meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1075
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    Well, the code is somewhat copied from LeetNoob's base, so...meh.
    I thought leetnoob released his sweps way after this pack? I remember this being here like... a year ago.

36. Post #1076

January 2010
    14 Posts
    Well, I read it, but I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Do you mean that the game lags when you have the GDC guns, but they're not equipped?
    Because this base has never had a "holster" option.
    Rather than an actual 'holster button' when the player starts to run with a gdc swep the gun angle changes and this happens when the player stands there and holds shift aswell. after a while when the gun changes its angle, it lags alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #1077
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Rather than an actual 'holster button' when the player starts to run with a gdc swep the gun angle changes and this happens when the player stands there and holds shift aswell. after a while when the gun changes its angle, it lags alot.
    Umm.

That's not called holstering, that's called holding still with the run button held down.

38. Post #1078
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I thought leetnoob released his sweps way after this pack? I remember this being here like... a year ago.
    I meant just specifically the 9 or so lines of code that I copy/pasted and edited to work with the GDC code base, I'm sure all of the rest of the code in the pack is Gen's or something.

39. Post #1079

January 2010
    14 Posts
    Why is it also the firing sounds interuppt each other and when the gun runs out of ammo the firing sound is cut off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1080
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    It's because of the default empty clip sound being played when the gun runs out of ammo but you keep clicking. I made a fix for it in fall 2010, but the sound script update in early 2011 that broke the sounds made it impossible to override scripted sounds with other scripted sounds, and since I can't change the sound that plays, I don't think I'll be able to fix this one.

And there shouldn't be any lag from holstering or running with the weapons, at least I never get any.

And one more thing. I've been working on a way to get recoil for the guns to work better in multiplayer, but I'm really busy so don't expect updates immediately. I'm also going to try to add a bunch of big updates with new things like grenades and more machine guns sometime around Rama-Kwanzaa-Mas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)