View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1241
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    What about editing the files in the GCF? Might that work?
    Thats impossible/noone made tools for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1242
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Thats impossible/noone made tools for it.
    Yeah, GFCScape only lets you load and open files in the .gcf, not modify them, that might mess something up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1243
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,722 Posts
    --snip--

EDIT: You had better ask Garry how to do it properly, but yeah, GCF editing is definitely a no-no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

4. Post #1244
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    I'm not sure if I posted this a while back, and I really don't feel like going back, but do you think a mortar launcher would be possible? And if it is, could you include White Phosphorous, Smoke, and Dummy rounds? ( I know you have the mortar in GDC, so you could just take the rounds from that, and make it launch-able via Swep? ) Also, since I see that your working on the sweps again, perhaps a Bipod function would be nice? Or maybe not a bipod, per-say, but a system that is similar, but it simulates you resting the gun on the surface?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #1245
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    328 Posts
    I'm not sure if I posted this a while back, and I really don't feel like going back, but do you think a mortar launcher would be possible? And if it is, could you include White Phosphorous, Smoke, and Dummy rounds? ( I know you have the mortar in GDC, so you could just take the rounds from that, and make it launch-able via Swep? ) Also, since I see that your working on the sweps again, perhaps a Bipod function would be nice?
    I agree with the Bipod, and Mortar if possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1246
    March 2009
    187 Posts
    In gdcw assault weapons pack none of ironsights work exept ACOG.
    How to fix that ?

Never mind. Problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

7. Post #1247

October 2011
    6 Posts
    how did you fix it, i have the same problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

8. Post #1248
    March 2009
    187 Posts
    how did you fix it, i have the same problem
    I had old version from gmod.org
    There was no such a problem in updated version, that I got from that SVN thing :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

9. Post #1249
    November 2010
    169 Posts
    So, is there a way to majorly reduce the particle spam that is firing these guns with out completely removing all muzzle flash effects, because i like seeing the target after i start shooting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1250
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    So, is there a way to majorly reduce the particle spam that is firing these guns with out completely removing all muzzle flash effects, because i like seeing the target after i start shooting?
    Go to GDCW/Lua/Effects and delete gdcw_muzzle. Do it for all other addons you have that runs GDCW (Such as Fokkusu's or Operator X's weapons)

Edited:

It leaves the muzzleflash, but removes the muzzle smoke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1251

June 2011
    88 Posts
    I gotta say, these guns kick up a lot of dust.. anyone would think those handguns were firing .50 BMG...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #1252
    April 2011
    1,375 Posts
    I gotta say, these guns kick up a lot of dust.. anyone would think those handguns were firing .50 BMG...
    Ikr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1253
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Righto, I'll change the dirt kick-up a little bit and reduce the muzzle smoke.

And I'm working on a huge update that I should be able to finish pretty soon (next week maybe?) Pretty much GDCW v2.0

It adds an in-weapon menu that allows you to change all the settings of your gun. You hold E to open the menu, then look at the option you want to change. The menu sort of sticks to the world, and you aim at the option you want to select. Options are;

Tracer spacing--------(every round, every third, every fifth, none)
    Firing mode-----------(Semi, full, burst)
    Ammo type-----------(hollow point, FMJ, AP, HEI)
    Mounts---------------(Suppressor, no suppressor, iron sights, red dot, holo, ACOG)
    Crosshair type--------(Circle, cross, none)
    Sight field of view-----(high, low)

That's just for assault weapons. Snipers, pistols, and SMGs will all have their own menus.

Any suggestions for what to add? I don't think that mortar will work as a SWEP because there are absolutely no mortar models for me to use.

I'm hoping to get this out next week. Right now I have the GUI done for the assault weapons and I'm just trying to make the variables transfer to the server. I'll probably release it on gmod.org after I release it on the SVN. I hope I don't get busy with other stuff in the next week...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

14. Post #1254
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Dat's....AMAZING!
    I guess now is the wrong time to wonder about GMod 13 compatablity...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #1255
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    these are the bullets. http://filesmelt.com/dl/models24.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #1256
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    "Suggestions" Could you have a mountable M203, that could fire things like Smoke rounds and HE rounds (Taking from your Explosives pack)? Also, better sounds would be appreciated...

Edited:

Also, perhaps you could add a feature (Optional, so you can still play on servers) to disable the default flashlight and add an attachment for it, while having it follow the muzzle like in L4D.

17. Post #1257
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Nope, no mountable M203. That will be a separate pack with the HL2 AR2 custom models. That was actually the very first GDCW pack I made, way back in early 2010. I will make that pack eventually though.
    Better sounds? Keep in mind that the Gmod sound engine is terrible, but I might be able to improve some of the sounds. What do you want them to sound like? And the flash light think proably won't happen because barely any gun models have flashlights or laser pointers on them.

On the good side, the menu thing is coming along great. The HEI rounds are very addictive. I have the tracer staggering, fire modes, bullet types, and suppressor done so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1258
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,798 Posts
    No Mortar models? Resistance and liberation has a German Mortar, I'm fairly sure you can use that.

Edit:

There ya go!

19. Post #1259
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    No Mortar models? Resistance and liberation has a German Mortar, I'm fairly sure you can use that.

Edit:

There ya go!
    View models? Also Gen are you able to add the bullets I did to the pack?

20. Post #1260
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,798 Posts
    View models? Also Gen are you able to add the bullets I did to the pack?
    I'm not sure why you would need view models for a Mortar, as I was thinking it would be an entity that you would press E on to aim and so on, the only view model for a Mortar I know of is in Far Cry 2.

Edit:

I Like bitching about Muzzle Flashes and shotguns with tiny spreads.

21. Post #1261
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    328 Posts
    I'm not sure why you would need view models for a Mortar, as I was thinking it would be an entity that you would press E on to aim and so on, the only view model for a Mortar I know of is in Far Cry 2.
    A Mortar SWEP would be good or entity that would be like this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1262
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    For the Mortar, you could do like the Cluster Mortar did, and turn the HL2 RPG side-ways. Far Cry 2 has a mortar if someone could port it.

23. Post #1263
    June 2012
    7 Posts
    For The mortar you can try to do a BF3 mortar effect

24. Post #1264
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,798 Posts
    For The mortar you can try to do a BF3 mortar effect
    BF3's weapons are too high poly and you can't import them into source, along with the CPU rape intensive hardrive, our only hope is the BF2 mortar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1265
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    BF3's weapons are too high poly and you can't import them into source, along with the CPU rape intensive hardrive, our only hope is the BF2 mortar.
    The only thing true about this is that you can't port them. They are nowhere near too high poly for source.

26. Post #1266
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    OK I ran into a few problems with this menu thing...

First, how can I get the player's screen resolution set as a serverside variable? Right now I'm able to get it set as a clientside variable to use with scope overlays, but I can't figure out how to get the number of pixels as a serverside variable. Anyone know how to transfer variables from the client to the server in a SWEP?

Second, when I switch weapon view models then use DrawViewModel to make it temporarily invisible, when I turn visibility back on, it resets the view model to the original starting view model that the weapon deployed with. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't stop functionality, but it's an annoying glitch.
    Thanks!

27. Post #1267

October 2011
    6 Posts
    I keep shooting myself with the sniper rifles when scoped, is there a fix for that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1268
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I keep shooting myself with the sniper rifles when scoped, is there a fix for that
    Update to the SVN, that version is like 2 years old

29. Post #1269

October 2011
    6 Posts
    Update to the SVN, that version is like 2 years old
    i do use the svn =P thats why im so confused

edit: nver mind i fixed... complete reinstall of Gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1270
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Should all of the assault rifles have burst capability or just the ones that would have it in real life? I'm thinking I should give it to all of them because the player will get to decide if they want to use it or not...

31. Post #1271
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    Should all of the assault rifles have burst capability or just the ones that would have it in real life? I'm thinking I should give it to all of them because the player will get to decide if they want to use it or not...
    Only the ones that have it in reality. Ak-47's and such you should have to do manually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1272
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    328 Posts
    Is it possible to make guns Jam a number of time how it would In reality.. Like How many times you have fired to how much time you have had it equipped. RnL has a jamming system i know of. (Off Topic) I was playing RnL on the german side and my Kar 98 jammed on me on Omaha... There was no way to fix it there, but there should be one in GDCW. Just a suggestion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #1273
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,798 Posts
    Is it possible to make guns Jam a number of time how it would In reality.. Like How many times you have fired to how much time you have had it equipped. RnL has a jamming system i know of. (Off Topic) I was playing RnL on the german side and my Kar 98 jammed on me on Omaha... There was no way to fix it there, but there should be one in GDCW. Just a suggestion.
    RnL doesn't have a jamming system, your gun just glitched, to fix it you drop it and pick it back up. When did you think of that?

It would be pretty neat if GDCW had a jamming system, but you would need an animations or you could do it the lazy way and just have the player reload. Would still be awesome.

34. Post #1274
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Here is a preview of what the E-menu looks like in game. Notice how you switch with it. Also notice that there are a few glitches that I'm still working out, like when you unzoom from the ACOG.

I could add a bullet jamming system, but it seems kind of unnecessary. None of the guns have unjam animations so it would be boring.

35. Post #1275
    April 2011
    1,375 Posts
    hey, by anychance did you fix the reload problems on the npc's. Where they dont reload and continue firing nothing

36. Post #1276
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    What are those vehicles in the video, and how do you get them?!?!?

37. Post #1277

October 2011
    6 Posts
    any chance of getting mk 211 mod 0 munition for the .50 cal snipers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

38. Post #1278
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    328 Posts
    I could add a bullet jamming system, but it seems kind of unnecessary. None of the guns have unjam animations so it would be boring.
    I think to unjam a M4 you have to pull back the charging handle 3 times and Reload.

39. Post #1279
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I don't know why NPC's keep firing blanks with the guns, but it seems to be this way with all SWEPS, so I can't fix it.

The vehicles in the video are my own advanced dupes that use GDC weapons.

And yes, the Raufoss will definitely be in the sniper menu. I'm thinking I should also let players change the scope type and magnification and a few other things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

40. Post #1280
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I don't know why NPC's keep firing blanks with the guns, but it seems to be this way with all SWEPS, so I can't fix it.

The vehicles in the video are my own advanced dupes that use GDC weapons.

And yes, the Raufoss will definitely be in the sniper menu. I'm thinking I should also let players change the scope type and magnification and a few other things.
    You're going to disable muzzle flash when silencers are equipped, right?
    Also, is dat my burst mode code? :3