View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1281
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    Should all of the assault rifles have burst capability or just the ones that would have it in real life? I'm thinking I should give it to all of them because the player will get to decide if they want to use it or not...
    Only the ones in real life, but if that happens also make an M16A3 (which is in a sense just an automatic version of an M16A2) so we can supplement having an M16A4 burst-semi.

All in all, I like this update, do want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1282
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    Here is a preview of what the E-menu looks like in game. Notice how you switch with it. Also notice that there are a few glitches that I'm still working out, like when you unzoom from the ACOG.

I could add a bullet jamming system, but it seems kind of unnecessary. None of the guns have unjam animations so it would be boring.
    Here's a suggestion: Make the holographic sight's reticule appear when you aim down the sight. You could achieve that by making the reticule a custom crosshair or a sprite instead of a texture on the sight itself.

I hope that made any sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1283
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Yep Uncle, I was just working on that like 10 minutes before I saw your post! Looks like it's going to be like COD, where the dot stays in the middle of your screen and the sight moves around it. This will help with aiming a lot.

I'll just make the M16 have semi, burst, and auto to please everyone. Same with the SG552.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #1284
    June 2012
    20 Posts
    For some reason, The only sounds the guns (not the grenades/rocket launchers) make are the bullet hit sounds, even though I have all the sounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #1285
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,785 Posts
    For some reason, The only sounds the guns (not the grenades/rocket launchers) make are the bullet hit sounds, even though I have all the sounds.

Did you put the scripts folder into garrysmod/garrysmod? If you didn't that's the reason why it isn't working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1286
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I just released the E-Menu update. Right now it's only for assault rifles. I need to get feedback before I do the rest of the guns. Go update your SVN!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #1287
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I just released the E-Menu update. Right now it's only for assault rifles. I need to get feedback before I do the rest of the guns. Go update your SVN!
    It's nice, the customization options really compliment the different bullet varieties, and it seems pretty stable overall. Bugs so far:
    1. Some glitchyness when switching viewmodels on certain guns; g36c had broken (no) animations after I switched to eotech, but this bug seems to come and go randomly.
    2. I think you'll find the HK416 has an extra surprise when you try to silence it.
    3. I coulda sworn the M16 has silencing animations.
    4. Holding E with the UMP is a good way to get the Bad Coder achievement.
    5. Muzzleflashes all around still seem a bit smoky, but maybe that's just me.
    6. Would you really raise the weapon to not shoot when close to an enemy NPC? Again, still nitpicking, but I'd say maybe tweak this a little, if possible.

8. Post #1288

June 2011
    88 Posts
    The acog scope changing sight types is pretty irritating, so is the gittery animation when holding your gun to your side or against a wall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #1289
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    It's nice, the customization options really compliment the different bullet varieties, and it seems pretty stable overall. Bugs so far:
    1. Some glitchyness when switching viewmodels on certain guns; g36c had broken (no) animations after I switched to eotech, but this bug seems to come and go randomly.
    2. I think you'll find the HK416 has an extra surprise when you try to silence it.
    3. I coulda sworn the M16 has silencing animations.
    4. Holding E with the UMP is a good way to get the Bad Coder achievement.
    5. Muzzleflashes all around still seem a bit smoky, but maybe that's just me.
    6. Would you really raise the weapon to not shoot when close to an enemy NPC? Again, still nitpicking, but I'd say maybe tweak this a little, if possible.
    No no, the M16 in this pack was originally for SG552, however, this M16 does have silencer animations.

All in all, I am gonna update my SVN now, this sounds too awesome not to test.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1290
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    The E-menu is a definite must have. However, I find a few things about the way it works with the rest of the mod irritating. The one major issue is that the differently modded guns are still listed in the spawn menu. Maybe I haven't used the E-menu long enough, but that really just stuck out- mainly because of how pointless it is now. Cut down on the spawn-menu clutter, and just list "default" versions of the guns for anything that can be customized through the E-menu. As it is, I can access all the different types of one assault rifle from any single one in the E-menu, making it kind of pointless that they are still on the spawn list. I'm just going to cut it short and punch out a list because thats all most people will look at :P

1- Get rid of the now redundant weapons in the spawn-list.
    2- Get the rest of the E-menu ready to roll, because it increases the "do want" of this addon by a great deal
    4- There is no number 3. Just thanks for putting all the effort into this great mod :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #1291

June 2012
    8 Posts
    any chance you could create a pickup system that enables E menu options when you run over them, sort of like the HEV suit?

12. Post #1292
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    OK, I'll try to fix those bugs as soon as possible.
    -The HK416 silence bug is because the HK416 models were made with M4A1 animations for looking down the sights in CSS. I'll fix this soon.
    -The M16 doesn't have suppressor animations. I thought it did too, until I tried to use them!
    -The UMP, M249, and I think a few other guns accidentally got put in the update before I finished updating their shared file to the E-Menu type. I'll fix this soon.
    -I'll reduce the muzzle smoke even more.
    -I'll fix that close-range glitch with the guns holding up to NPC's. Sorry, I didn't even think about that one!

EDIT;
    I just fixed the glitches mentioned above, except the muzzle smoke.

One other glitch that I don't have a solution to yet is switching to the ACOG sight. It works fine when you zoom in, but it reverts to the previous view model when you unscope. I can kind-sorta fix this by giving each type of gun one SWEP listing which would be ACOG by default, but the glitch will still happen when you draw from another view model. This glitch may take a while to figure out!

And I need your opinions on something. Should I remove all of the SWEP listings except one for each category? So instead of having the option to choose 4 different guns from the SWEP menu, you would only choose 1, then switch the sights from there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #1293
    May 2011
    135 Posts
    I would say yes. Having them all there seems redundant.

14. Post #1294
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    I would say yes. Having them all there seems redundant.
    this.
    also, when can we expect to see the different bullet types and tracers? I'll be honest, this recent E-menu type updating with the (yet-to-be-released) ammo-types and tracers has me spawning zombies again and practicing my aim.

15. Post #1295
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    The tracers and ammo types are chosen in the E-menu. Watch this video

16. Post #1296
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    There's still a muzzle flash when you attach a suppressor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #1297
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,785 Posts
    My Muzzle flashes aren't brighter too.

Generic, once you get further into development could you code it so that these weapons could easily be added to gamemodes such as Open aura, Tiramisu 2, and so on? I recently had a large fire fight in an RP server, and I was rather disappointed when I compared it to the more intense fire fights with your weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1298

December 2010
    95 Posts
    My guns sounds aren't working, like none of them, firing and reloading are both totally silent on all of the weapons, is there something else I needed? or is there something conflicting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #1299
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    My guns sounds aren't working, like none of them, firing and reloading are both totally silent on all of the weapons, is there something else I needed? or is there something conflicting?
    just checking... you followed the instructions in the "SOUND FIX Read Me" notepad, right?

20. Post #1300

December 2010
    95 Posts
    just checking... you followed the instructions in the "SOUND FIX Read Me" notepad, right?
    Well this is embarrassing....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

21. Post #1301
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    Well this is embarrassing....
    :P

22. Post #1302
    September 2011
    687 Posts
    Are you going to put this stuff on to Steam Workshop?

23. Post #1303
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Are you going to put this stuff on to Steam Workshop?
    I don't think he's even considered a Gmod 13 version yet, even though there's over 10,000 keys still on the site.
    Plus, this addon has some bugs in GM13, and the E-menu might have serious problems, though I've not tested it yet.

24. Post #1304
    May 2011
    135 Posts
    I don't think he's even considered a Gmod 13 version yet, even though there's over 10,000 keys still on the site.
    Plus, this addon has some bugs in GM13, and the E-menu might have serious problems, though I've not tested it yet.
    I didn't notice any huge problems with the E-menu in GM13. It didn't seem like the ammo worked, and it is having the problem with the scopes disappearing, but it looks fine and everything. All the weapons pretty much work with GM13, with the only big problem being sound not working with little way to fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #1305
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I didn't notice any huge problems with the E-menu in GM13. It didn't seem like the ammo worked, and it is having the problem with the scopes disappearing, but it looks fine and everything. All the weapons pretty much work with GM13, with the only big problem being sound not working with little way to fix it.
    Also, try standing* a few yards away from a wall and then holding down the fire button on an assault rifle, or using the shotgun with buckshot equipped. @hatever code was used to add bullet spread is broke, because the buckshot pellets all go in one place and the spray pattern for the rifles resembles a line graph.

*Well, test it whenever Garry bothers to fix Gm13.

26. Post #1306
    February 2011
    32 Posts
    Quick question for anyone who might be able to help. I had to re-install the Assault weapons pack after some scope issues, and that did the trick for the ACOG scope. But now I've got another problem: All the sniper weapons' reticles are the ACOG crosshairs. I tried re-installing the sniper rifles as well, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

27. Post #1307
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Quick question for anyone who might be able to help. I had to re-install the Assault weapons pack after some scope issues, and that did the trick for the ACOG scope. But now I've got another problem: All the sniper weapons' reticles are the ACOG crosshairs. I tried re-installing the sniper rifles as well, but that didn't help. Any ideas?
    There's a svn for a reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1308
    February 2011
    32 Posts
    There's a svn for a reason
    Stupid question of the year: How would I use the SVN to fix it? I've been out of the Gmod/source scene for quite a while, so I'm pretty rusty in that department.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #1309
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Stupid question of the year: How would I use the SVN to fix it? I've been out of the Gmod/source scene for quite a while, so I'm pretty rusty in that department.
    http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html
    1.Delete all the non svn packs
    2.Right click and press svn checkout
    3.Put in the svn link
    4.Press ok and download it
    5.Install it liek any other addon

30. Post #1310
    February 2011
    32 Posts
    Thanks very much, that did the trick.

31. Post #1311
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Thanks very much, that did the trick.
    No prob, and atleast now that you use the svn version you will be able to use the new features.

32. Post #1312

May 2012
    4 Posts
    the view models arent working please fix this

Edited:

never mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1313
    April 2011
    34 Posts
    http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/119166

This would be a great addition!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

34. Post #1314
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,785 Posts
    Theres no Iron and red dot site though.

35. Post #1315

May 2012
    4 Posts
    missing world models anyway to fix this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1316

June 2012
    8 Posts
    I can not hear sound
    : 자살 :
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #1317
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    I can not hear sound
    : 자살 :
    Also, for those with the beta, the sounds can now be scripted through lua, PM me if you care for instructions.

38. Post #1318
    October 2011
    114 Posts
    I'm having problems making the sounds play through my server. I can use the guns, and all the materials and models download, but the sounds don't work.

39. Post #1319
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    Got a problem: Combine NPCs can't use rifles. They just stand still and shoot blanks. Rebels can use them, and Metrocops can use Pistols only. Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #1320
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Got a problem: Combine NPCs can't use rifles. They just stand still and shoot blanks. Rebels can use them, and Metrocops can use Pistols only. Any help?
    That has been a problem with SWEPs...since the first SWEP was ever made. Gen would have to use careful AI animation translations and probably a lot of code I don't understand if he wanted to make Combine shoot sweps, but somehow I don't think that is high on his priority list. Or anyone's, really. Maybe if you pester the creator of the "Minigun" weapon on Toybox they'll tell you their secrets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)