1. Post #681
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,721 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #682
    February 2010
    1,306 Posts
    :O

Edited:

Black and white
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    -snip, I'm stupid-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #684
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,735 Posts
    Wow Galago. Isn't it obvious Sparkwire made it in reference to that picture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,496 Posts

Got bored and played with the valve sniper rig in maya.
    Longbow.

Five emporiums and still going strong.

6. Post #686
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Wow Galago. Isn't it obvious Sparkwire made it in reference to that picture?
    Yeah I totally saw that waaaay before Spark announced his thing, I knew he was basing it off of that picture which clearly came before his. Mhmm, yes sir.

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,815 Posts
    snip snap

8. Post #688
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,721 Posts

its getting unwrapped and textured.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,496 Posts
    Doesn't really fit with TF2 and the TF2 time period.

But who cares..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #690
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    Doesn't really fit with TF2 and the TF2 time period.

But who cares..
    http://www.teamfortress.com/images/p...rrow_large.png

11. Post #691
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,161 Posts
    I don't really like sparkwires animations. They are too long and they flop their arms around too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #692
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,815 Posts
    They should be a melee weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #693
    Voted Facepunch's Most Beautiful
    October 2006
    19,459 Posts
    I don't really like sparkwires animations. They are too long and they flop their arms around too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #694
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,721 Posts
    i get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,496 Posts
    Yeah...but they obviously aren't putting those in game.

It's for Mac. Mainly because they're white earphones, if they were black it'd be different.

16. Post #696
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    Yawn. That was a long nap. Time to check my RSS feeds. Wait, I have an email.

Hm. Okay then. Guess that's pretty cool. Now to check my feeds...

PORTAL 2 IS DELAYED TO 2011!? ETERNAL RAGE.
    Shugo, this is great news! Very happy you are getting awarded for your efforts!

Edited:

More good news... there's little risk of Corey stealing your lunch money - he already took mine. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    I have a problem with my Spy...
    The medal isn't working. On the loadout menu, it floats under his feet. Ingame, it is stationary, either at his crotch or in the middle of his chest. You can see it clip in and out when he taunts, but otherwise it's broken. The only Spy model mod I have is NeoDement's Gentle Manne's Fancy Dress Mod. Is the the problem-causer?

18. Post #698
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts

It's for Mac. Mainly because they're white earphones, if they were black it'd be different.
    I know, I'm just saying that's why Sparkwire's making them.

Shugo, this is great news! Very happy you are getting awarded for your efforts!

Edited:

More good news... there's little risk of Corey stealing your lunch money - he already took mine. :(
    What a jerk. He may seem nice, but he ain't getting near my wallet. Robin already stole my life savings, so I'm not letting up on any "Corey". :argh: Not even for another community item.

Okay maybe for another community item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,247 Posts

But I wanted to be the first with a community revolver :frown:

Good job Shugo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #700
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,094 Posts

You lucky bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Hey guys look, it's the start of Sparkwire's website. Doesn't it look so much more professional than him? :smug:

The renders are just filler from Google.

22. Post #702
    November 2009
    1,278 Posts
    smexy, very smexy
    also, whats with that revolver you were working on on the livestream?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

23. Post #703
    April 2010
    653 Posts

its getting unwrapped and textured.
    Ivory Earplugs is what it should be called. Berate others for even entertaining the notion that it emits sound instead of eradicating it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,791 Posts
    I wish there was an uncropped version of that photo. The Heavy's facial expression looks like it would be badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,389 Posts
    So I just finished my first hat after a lot of hard work, and help from a lot of friends.

Making the hat was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But that was probably because I didn't know where most of the tools were. Now that I know them, I think I've got a good handle on making models. But the hardest part (for me) was getting it into the source engine. I've never had to do that before, and it took me longer to do that, than it did to make the model itself.

The texture on the hat, though, is actually really funny. I was going to just make it completely red until I learned how to texture, but somewhere I messed up, and got (I think) the Gibus skin on it. From a distance, it looks fine. But up close it looks horrible.

If anyone has any thoughts on my first hat, please let me know. I'd love to see what people think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,878 Posts

The texture on the hat, though, is actually really funny. I was going to just make it completely red until I learned how to texture, but somewhere I messed up, and got (I think) the Gibus skin on it. From a distance, it looks fine. But up close it looks horrible.

If anyone has any thoughts on my first hat, please let me know. I'd love to see what people think.
    For now just color it matte black.

Then when you feel ready add a few details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,389 Posts

Is this better, for now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    June 2010
    1 Posts
    I want to throw in my two-bits and say that Sasha & Natasha look teeny-tiny baby-sized. It annoys me a quite bit, actually, that due to their sheer size they ended up smaller than almost every other displayed weapon. Besides that, the headshot icons are the only other things I could nitpick (and you said you were going to provide alternatives for those); everything else is pretty much perfect.

EDIT: I'm curious... would it be possible to rig something up so that the critical kill-icon glow is team-colored...? I seriously doubt it, since if it were possible it probably would have been done already.

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,989 Posts
    Shugo you lucky git. You wrote words and got given a community item. :V

Now to hack his email account and put the link to my steamcommunity page in an email.. >:D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    Shugo you lucky git. You wrote words and got given a community item. :V

Now to hack his email account and put the link to my steamcommunity page in an email.. >:D
    Wrote helpful words. And when I originally submitted them I specifically said I didn't even care if I didn't get a community item, so this is Valve being nice. :buddy:

But it also coincides with one of their big aims right now, which is to make the game more newbie-friendly. Robin said the biggest reason he's found that people quit TF2 is because it's too hard to understand how to play. The whole reason they started tf_bots was so that they could later implement them into a tutorial mode. The tips that I wrote are right up their alley.

31. Post #711
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    Wrote helpful words. And when I originally submitted them I specifically said I didn't even care if I didn't get a community item, so this is Valve being nice. :buddy:

But it also coincides with one of their big aims right now, which is to make the game more newbie-friendly, since Robin said the biggest reason he's found that people quit TF2 is because it's too hard to understand how to play. The whole reason they started tf_bots was so that they could later implement them into a tutorial mode. The tips that I wrote are right up their alley.
    yay... TF2 is getting worse :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #712
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    yay... TF2 is getting worse :\
    On the contrary, I think TF2 is more fun and exciting to play than it's ever been. If anything, TF2 is just getting more complex. Lots of weapons and new elements with no in-game instructions on how they work or how to use them. That's the big issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,247 Posts
    On the contrary, I think TF2 is more fun and exciting to play than it's ever been. If anything, TF2 is just getting more complex. Lots of weapons and new elements with no in-game instructions on how they work or how to use them. That's the big issue.
    "The Tribalman's shiv does less initial impact damage but adds a bleeding effect, use it wisely"
    "The Scotsman's Skullcutter will slow you down, but it makes up for it with the added damage it has."
    "The Homewrecker can also destroy sappers."

I wanna get famous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #714
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    Well tf2 was soooo much better when it came out. I do like the first few updates but now it's really bad.

Edited:
    Bleeding? Chargin? WTF. Was better about when the medic/pyro update came out. But I do like the new modes. Just not the weapons and changes to the weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    August 2009
    1,535 Posts
    I can't wait until about Emporium XXVI when the polycount pack is out and content will actually be posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #716
    October 2009
    184 Posts

WAIT WAIT GENTLEMEN.

What if they give ipod earbuds as a hat for Mac owners? Nah, Valve wouldn't do that. They...wouldn't right?

37. Post #717
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    Well tf2 was soooo much better when it came out. I do like the first few updates but now it's really bad.
    You could always invest in the PS3 version, then. I have it and every so often I do go back to it just for a different experience. :buddy: The game really has changed a ton since it first came out; what I know now and how my instincts react to the game now are completely obsolete and useless when I play the original version. I also like the PS3 version's community; despite that version being riddled with a ton of exploits, almost nobody actually uses them. It's as if everybody is playing fair just to keep the game going, which I find pretty cool.

Edited:

WAIT WAIT GENTLEMEN.

What if they give ipod earbuds as a hat for Mac owners? Nah, Valve wouldn't do that. They...wouldn't right?
    I actually think that'd be pretty cool. Obviously the community would whine and cry about it, but hopefully some smart people would see how easy it is to obtain them yourself: Just get a Mac-owning friend to sign into your Steam account. Bam, enjoy your earbuds. It's just like how I got both the nVidia and ATI free game deals on the same account. I just walked out to the family room and logged in on that computer instead.

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,389 Posts
    You could always invest in the PS3 version, then. I have it and every so often I do go back to it just for a different experience. :buddy: The game really has changed a ton since it first came out; what I know now and how my instincts react to the game now are completely obsolete and useless when I play the original version. I also like the PS3 version's community; despite that version being riddled with a ton of exploits, almost nobody actually uses them. It's as if everybody is playing fair just to keep the game going, which I find pretty cool.

Edited:

I actually think that'd be pretty cool. Obviously the community would whine and cry about it, but hopefully some smart people would see how easy it is to obtain them yourself: Just get a Mac-owning friend to sign into your Steam account. Bam, enjoy your earbuds.
    Did the PS3 version ever get any of those few XBox updates? Or is it still 100% true vanilla?

39. Post #719
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    Did the PS3 version ever get any of those few XBox updates? Or is it still 100% true vanilla?
    It got ONE update a little while after it first came out, but all that did was fix some network issues and a single particle effect. It otherwise has all the bugs and rules of the very first release of TF2, even the six-shot grenade launcher!

I would play the 360 version instead, but the class limits update ruined it. Good luck finding a 360 game that actually lets you play Spy.

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,389 Posts
    It got ONE update a little while after it first came out, but all that did was fix some network issues and a single particle effect. It otherwise has all the bugs and rules of the very first release of TF2, even the six-shot grenade launcher!

I would play the 360 version instead, but the class limits update ruined it. Good luck finding a 360 game that actually lets you play Spy.
    Man, that kinda sucks. But I guess it's good, too. Somewhere out there, vanilla TF2 exists. But it's like a dinosaur. Rare, beautiful, and the worst god damn thing you've ever come in contact with.
    (bugs, cheaters, exploiters, etc)