19,526 Posts
    Needs a trigger implemented later.

But otherwise a good start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #362
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts
    I'm thinking about trying to/requesting the Bioshock 2 shotgun as a replacement for the FaN.

They're held roughly the same way, and reload the same way.
    I may try to just give the shottie 2 barrels though, due to the FaN.

Anyways, gonna try my luck and see how I do, you guys can work on it if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    I'm looking for a Class/Theme combination for the Polypack competition but I can't seem to think of any. I tried doing some Spy concepts but those weren't going to work out as a pack.

Any input?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,911 Posts
    I'm looking for a Class/Theme combination for the Polypack competition but I can't seem to think of any. I tried doing some Spy concepts but those weren't going to work out as a pack.

Any input?

Soldier,

Improvised weapons

PVC Tubing, Elastic band, rock.

Fencepost with sign on one end.

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,695 Posts

Any input?
    Sniper, Barrier Reef diving

Harpoon gun, scuba goggles, Melee tuna.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts

Any input?
    Simski suggests:
    Stereotypical Secret Agent spy gadgets. Hightechnological items in disguise as normal objects, I think it's a theme that would run perfectly with Spy. Example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShoePhone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events

7. Post #367
    February 2010
    1,306 Posts

Any input?
    Demoman/ Demolitionist ,Put the demo back into demoman

An M32 Grenade Launcher, Dynamite Melee?, and also a sticky bomb launcher that has the ability to explode almost instantly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    December 2009
    1,329 Posts
    Sniper, Barrier Reef diving

Harpoon gun, scuba goggles, Melee tuna.
    harpoon gun much? :P (not saying that it's a bad idea mind you)

on another note, maybe scout learning soccer? (the endurance to keep running at the constant speed for that long is enough to make my legs hurt, but seem perfect with the scout's constant moving style)

soldier, vintage war memorabilia collector?

pyro, ranged incendiary devices?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,911 Posts
    Engineer.

Western style weapons with case hardened finish.

10. Post #370
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    Simski suggests:
    Stereotypical Secret Agent spy gadgets. Hightechnological items in disguise as normal objects, I think it's a theme that would run perfectly with Spy. Example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShoePhone
    Demoman/ Demolitionist ,Put the demo back into demoman
    Really liking these. I thought of a pirate theme for the Demoman, but I couldn't get further than a Scrumpy replacement and a cutlass.

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts
    Aww, I was looking forward to that gun concept of yours :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    November 2009
    3,535 Posts
    For the spy, you could do glasses that have satellites instead glass, or something equally silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #373
    January 2010
    3,156 Posts
    Spicy/Spanish Style Pyro?

14. Post #374
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    Aww, I was looking forward to that gun concept of yours :(
    Gonna make it anyways, just not for the polypack.

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,033 Posts

Some progress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 18Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,118 Posts
    That is sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,738 Posts

Some progress.
    texture my neostead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    Scout, Peace through Superior Firepower Pack
    1. "Flower Power" shotgun, made out of the engine of an old van. Remember kids, Recycle!
    2. Streak brand Beer. Replaces Energy Drink. Hippies love beer, I found out.
    3. Long, beautiful, jiggleboned hippy hair.

Edited:

Also, about the Super Spy idea.
    I still think a Dead Ringer replacement Pack of Smokes is the best idea I ever had.
    Just don't, because I'm doing the Slasher pack, and I don't want such high profile competition. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts
    Gonna make it anyways, just not for the polypack.
    Cool :3:

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    Also, Diamao, putting the Demo back into Demoman would be kinda hard given the requirements of the contest won't allow you to do anything really cool and send it in, but given that there are no nade launcher unlocks yet it's something to look at.

If you can somehow get away with it, see if you can replace the nade launcher and the sticky launcher with thrown grenades. That'd be a trip. Most people wouldn't expect it, and it'd be a simple skin of what's already there. The nade launcher replacement could use frag grenades like the Soldiers, and the stick launcher could use the dynamite det pack.

As per the last unlock, make it a hat. EOD blast shield, damaged of course with a big crack and black mark right where his eye USED to be, the other side still somewhat translucent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

21. Post #381
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,179 Posts
    Thrown nades going on the trajectory of the originals would look weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    516 Posts
    texture my neostead
    Wasn't that my job?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    By the way, I had an idea about entering the Polycount contest with the Slasher items, saying that each were what the Spy USED to use before he went into being a professional assasin, and somehow he inspired these writers and directors to come up with these stories of vicious killers who "somehow come back from the dead, appearing out of nowhere, and viciously butcher people while wearing a mask".

The last unlock idea? A Camera Beard replacement: a leather apron, so he doesn't get blood on his suit.

So each one of these ideas was later heard about and written into a screenplay. And young John, and Sean, and Tobe... they simple capatilized on his residuals. And Spy? He doesn't mind. He likes it. And eventually these films hit the silver screen, but unbeknownst to all a single French assasin was the inspiration for it all, not some crazed psycho.

Although we all go a little mad sometimes, right? ;)

24. Post #384
    December 2009
    868 Posts

some concept for a demo weapon
    Make this or I will kill you!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts
    By the way, I had an idea about entering the Polycount contest with the Slasher items, saying that each were what the Spy USED to use before he went into being a professional assasin, and somehow he inspired these writers and directors to come up with these stories of vicious killers who "somehow come back from the dead, appearing out of nowhere, and viciously butcher people while wearing a mask".

The last unlock idea? A Camera Beard replacement: a leather apron, so he doesn't get blood on his suit.

So each one of these ideas was later heard about and written into a screenplay. And young John, and Sean, and Tobe... they simple capatilized on his residuals. And Spy? He doesn't mind. He likes it. And eventually these films hit the silver screen, but unbeknownst to all a single French assasin was the inspiration for it all, not some crazed psycho.

Although we all go a little mad sometimes, right? ;)
    Kinda like what I did to my "Effective Assassination" theme.

Two of the king Henrys that ruled France was killed with knives.
    Then theres the Con Edison bomber (not really an assassin, but it was the best I could find)
    And lastly, the Kennedy's Painkiller, a shortened version of the Carcano used to kill JFK.

26. Post #386
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,520 Posts

Any input?
    I would like to see some more medic stuff. Something that will (probably change the medic playstyle, as you can't affect what the stats will be).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    February 2010
    1,048 Posts
    Really liking these. I thought of a pirate theme for the Demoman, but I couldn't get further than a Scrumpy replacement and a cutlass.
    Most of the ideas suggered above have already been done. Sadly it's obvious that some theme will be reused and redone.
    please dont choose spy daimao I dont want to get my ass kicked by your awesomeness(OPness) :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts

Any input?
    How about a bank robber theme for the spy?
    Ski mask, double barreled shotgun and something related to money, like a bunch of money that could go on the sapper anims, but I don't know how they would work.

Or a Kurt Cobain theme for the Pyro. New shotgun, his hair as a hat and his guitar for the melee.

Or a "Steam"punk themefor the Engy.

Or Soviet intellingence theme for the Spy. Tha tgives you plenty to work when it comes to what kinda weird stuff they did and weird guns the russians made.

I really suck at ideas right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

29. Post #389
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,179 Posts
    Your ideas involving real life things such as Kurt Cobain or Kennedy are dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

30. Post #390
    May 2009
    1,343 Posts
    How do you deselect in kHED?

31. Post #391
    May 2008
    556 Posts
    things such as Kurt Cobain or Kennedy
    Uhh...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    How about a bank robber theme for the spy?
    Ski mask, double barreled shotgun and something related to money, like a bunch of money that could go on the sapper anims, but I don't know how they would work.
    Instead of a double barreled shotgun, how about a more modern handgun, for 1968 standards anyway? That way, it makes more sense, as a double barrel shotgun would spray out buckshot and NOT a single bullet. And for the last unlock, instead of something that would replace the sapper, a blackjack to replace the knife, since it has to replace a slot?

Edited:

(please don't break my automerge >_<)

Yes, I mean that as far as the contest goes, you cannot replace the Sapper or the Disguise Kit, as neither one has an unlock slot in the loadout, and even though Disguise Kit is listed as PDA1 or some such shit, the Sapper isn't even listed at all, and unless we get a 4th weapon slot added to Spy and Engineer with Engineer update, don't count on ever having a Disguise Kit unlock released. :/

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts
    Your ideas involving real life things such as Kurt Cobain or Kennedy are dumb.
    What can I say? I miss my box mountain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,315 Posts
    Talk about not letting go :v

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    What can I say? I miss my box mountain
    I still have more boxes than you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    July 2009
    4,174 Posts
    Dynamite Melee?
    Really? REALLY? I suggested this before and you said:

vander97 posted:
    HURF DURF DIS NOT BRORDERLANDS!!1!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #397
    December 2009
    1,329 Posts
    Really? REALLY? I suggested this before and you said:
    it's vander, what'd you expect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts
    I still have more boxes than you.
    Doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

39. Post #399
    July 2009
    377 Posts
    Didn't have time for top ornamental laser.

I kept it boxy-ish, and kept the contours of the shapes i already had.

I also have a bit of a preview of some animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,739 Posts
    Simski suggests:
    That.