1. Post #161
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    We've already beaten it. This is melodic death metal, which is the best type of metal.
    EXACTLY :frogc00l:

Only reason that is doing better is cos it's more varied and there're more bands. This however, is quality over quantity :frogc00l:

Edited:

Oh yeah, and these guys are pretty sweet. Before the Dawn, Melodic Death with Gothic influence.

2. Post #162
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Holy SHIT that's a lot of content.
    Oh, and I don't get any recognition for the revival effort?

That hurts. :saddowns:

Edited:

EXACTLY :frogc00l:

Only reason that is doing better is cos it's more varied and there're more bands. This however, is quality over quantity :frogc00l:

Edited:

Oh yeah, and these guys are pretty sweet. Before the Dawn, Melodic Death with Gothic influence.

How did I miss those guys? That's what I get for no longer going alphabetically through Encyclopaedia Metallum's list of melodic death metal bands, I guess...

Also, not really related in the slightest to the actual music, but the name triggered my memory and made me remember this song:

Tracedawn - Without Walls

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    784 Posts
    Oh, and I don't get any recognition for the revival effort?

That hurts. :saddowns:

Edited:

How did I miss those guys? That's what I get for no longer going alphabetically through Encyclopaedia Metallum's list of melodic death metal bands, I guess...

Also, not really related in the slightest to the actual music, but the name triggered my memory and made me remember this song:

Tracedawn - Without Walls
    View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h08W7mWXWqU
    Sorry man, I just scrolled down the page rapidly and happened to see mikey's post first. Don't worry :buddy:

Also, how the fuck do you guys have time to listen to all this music?

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,488 Posts
    Sorry man, I just scrolled down the page rapidly and happened to see mikey's post first. Don't worry :buddy:

Also, how the fuck do you guys have time to listen to all this music?
    Never listening to the same song more than once a week.

5. Post #165
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    I virtually NEVER listent to songs on repeat, I just let the albums play (unless I decide to change it) but I usually listen through at least one whole album of a band at a time

6. Post #166
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Yeah.

I'll listen to a new album for about a week, in its entirety.

Then I throw the new album into my (now massive) playlist and put it on shuffle.

:smug:

7. Post #167
    THE TRUE SAN DIEGAN WARLORD
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    We need At The Gates:

Slaughter of the Soul

Suicide Nation

Edited:

Also, it seems no one saw the vid at the bottom of the OP

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    186 Posts
    This or The Apocalypse is pretty tight :)!

Check out the first minute or so and you'll know if you like em.

9. Post #169
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Keep it going guys

10. Post #170
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Fuck...

I think I've shared all my melodeath in this thread.

Okay, quick list. Someone go through and see if I haven't posted anything by any one of these bands:

List of melodeath bands posted:
    A Losing Season
    Ananta
    Armageddon
    As Memory Dies
    Beyond the Embrace
    Blind Stare
    Burden of Grief
    Callenish Circle
    Closer
    Code for Silence
    Codeon
    Cryptic Voice
    D Creation
    Dark Age
    Daylight Dies
    Deus Ex Machina
    Devanic
    DevilDriver
    Divinity
    Fractal Gates
    Gardenian
    God Dethroned
    Hypnosis
    Hypocrisy
    In Grief
    Infinite Tales
    Instant Suppression
    myGRAIN
    NahemaH
    Neptune
    Odium
    Opeth
    Path of Golconda
    Profane Omen
    Pro-Pain
    Reverend Bizarre
    Scared Reich
    Scar Symmetry
    Solution .45
    The Absence
    The Fading
    This Ending
    Undying
    Universum
    Zonaria

11. Post #171
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    Same :c

Except for these guys cos I never listened to them before now(Although I've heard of them)

12. Post #172
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Same :c

Except for these guys cos I never listened to them before now(Although I've heard of them)

Mayhaps because I just posted them five or so posts up? Same video even.

Still, good Finnish metal. :respek:

While we're on the topic of Finnish metal:

They're actually a Polish band that renamed themselves, but they play Finnish melodeath.

Was originally this band:

More Finnish melodeath:

And then some Italian melodic power/death:

13. Post #173
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Keep going with the Finnish bands, I don't think their was much Kalmah or CoB.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,488 Posts
    Fuck...

I think I've shared all my melodeath in this thread.

Okay, quick list. Someone go through and see if I haven't posted anything by any one of these bands:
    Just post lots of really good melodeath songs from bands you got.

15. Post #175
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Anyone posted Amon Amarth?

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,488 Posts
    Some Eluveitie.

Inis Mona

Thousandfold

Of Fire, Wind and Wisdom

Bloodstained Ground

Quoth The Raven

Kingdom Come Undone

17. Post #177
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    Eluveitie are FUCKING AWESOME :frogc00l:

I really want to see them live. Sadly, they've not yet came to Edinburgh/Glasgow,(scotland) only places I can go for concerts cos anywhere else is way too far :saddowns:

Such a good band.

18. Post #178
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Just post lots of really good melodeath songs from bands you got.
    Doing this.

I'm just going to link-dump. If anyone wants me to label them in my post, just let me know and I'll amend it.

I think that's good for now.

19. Post #179
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    I don't see any Carcass, I even stated in the OP that they pioneered what was to be Melodeath, So I might as well post some.

Heartwork

No Love Lost

Carnal Forge

Death Certificate

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,488 Posts
    Ensiferum

Into Battle

Lai Lai Hei

Token Of Time

21. Post #181
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Moar Content n' shit

22. Post #182
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    We don't need content - we have shitloads of content.

We need people DISCUSSING the content. So far the only bands we've really had talked about in this thread are Eluveite and Wintersun. I'll start us off: In Flames.

Personally, my favorite In Flames album is probably either Clayman or Whoracle. They're both pretty awesome. And, while a lot of people really oppose it, I really like Come Clarity, too. It has some really damn good tracks in it.

Also, it's very rare to see any love for Lunar Strain. To be honest, I really like it, too. In fact, the only In Flames album I haven't really liked is their newest one, A Sense of Purpose. I'll give it a listen again, though, soon, before I pass a final judgment on it.

23. Post #183
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Yeah, We have to discuss more

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,488 Posts

We need people DISCUSSING the content. So far the only bands we've really had talked about in this thread are Eluveite and Wintersun. I'll start us off: In Flames.

Personally, my favorite In Flames album is probably either Clayman or Whoracle. They're both pretty awesome. And, while a lot of people really oppose it, I really like Come Clarity, too. It has some really damn good tracks in it.

Also, it's very rare to see any love for Lunar Strain. To be honest, I really like it, too. In fact, the only In Flames album I haven't really liked is their newest one, A Sense of Purpose. I'll give it a listen again, though, soon, before I pass a final judgment on it.
    You're missing The Jester Race. Probably their best album behind Come Clarity. Also the song The Jester Race has one of the sickest riffs ever.

25. Post #185
    November 2007
    897 Posts
    I've only ever heard In Flames as far back as Clayman, but for me, In Flames are just... decent. Not amazing. But decent. I don't think they've made a bad album - although I'm not a massive fan of Reroute to Remain - but if I had to pick a favourite (doing so in terms of listening stats from my Last.FM), it's Come Clarity.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,398 Posts

Their first few albums are definitely great but Clayman is my favourite as virtually every song is catchy and memorable

27. Post #187
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    You're missing The Jester Race. Probably their best album behind Come Clarity. Also the song The Jester Race has one of the sickest riffs ever.
    I missed The Jester Race? God damn it, I could have sworn I mentioned it.

Anyways, it's right up there behind Clayman and Whoracle. And I agree: the song "The Jester Race" is easily my favorite song off that album.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,821 Posts
    People actually think Come Clarity is good? :ohdear:

29. Post #189
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    People actually think Come Clarity is good? :ohdear:
    Yes, and it is actually quite good.

If the people who go "AUJFHASJFAPIOFHAIO COME CLARITY IS TOTAL SHIT THIS ISN'T THE IN FLAMES I KNOW AND LOVE AFGADASFASFASFA THIS ISN'T JESTER RACE-ESQUE MELODIC DEATH METAL THIS MELODIC DEATH METAL WITH ALTERNATIVE-METAL INFLUENCES FASFASFUAFUASF SELLOUTS FUCKING WHORES IN FLAMES SOLD THEMSELVES TO THE INDUSTRY AHFASHFASHFOASH RAGE" would pull the sticks out of their asses and realize that you don't compare releases with previous releases, - especially ones with such radical shifts as this - but instead judge them on their own, they would realize that Come Clarity is a solid album.

Is Come Clarity the same as The Jester Race or Whoracle? Of course not. Does that mean it's bad, though? No!

I'll bet you :20bux: that if In Flames changed their named, without a single soul outside the band knowing it, and released Come Clarity, a good chunk of all those people mentioned above would consider Come Clarity at least a solid album, rather than raging about how it's not The Jester Race.

If you're one of those people, please pull the stick out of your ass and realize that you don't have to compare every In Flames album to The Jester Race and curve your opinion around that. To be frank, that's a plain retarded thing to do.

Bands evolve, and it only makes sense that their music does, too. The poor deluded man who wants a band to forever be stuck in one time period, releasing the same album over and over again, is surely more an anathema to the music industry than piracy ever could be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    December 2008
    708 Posts
    Children of Bodom is absolutely my favourite band ever atm. I haven't listened to much else for the past few months. I especially love Red Light In My eyes pt 1 and 2.

31. Post #191
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    I don't think I've seen any Dark Tranquillity in this thread yet. This must be fixed

32. Post #192
    November 2007
    897 Posts
    Misery's Crown is a fantastic song.
    His clean vocals are very good as well, he should use them more often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    What do you guys think of The Black Dahlia Murder? YES they're melodic death metal. They're not deathcore/metalcore, that's just dumbshits confusing genres and basing their style on their looks.
    "According to their MySpace page, their sound is influenced by Carcass, At the Gates, Darkane, Dissection, Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, The Haunted, In Flames, Dimension Zero, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth."
    "vocalist Trevor Strnad commented: "I've always said that we're melodic death metal. We are mostly influenced by Swedish bands and Carcass. The heavy end of our sound is the American style creeping in, with some Floridian influences like Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation and that kind of stuff. We've been labeled more often because of our look than our sound, which is dumb, and speaks volumes about what kind of geniuses are out there!""

Personally, I think they're pretty sweet. Not AMAZING but they're good.

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,398 Posts
    The Black Dahlia Murder are a friggin sweet band

I only got into them after the release of their latest album which I think is amazing

Edited:

They put on a great live show too

35. Post #195
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    Is Nocturnal their latest yeah?

Listening to it on Spotify just now.

Pretty awesome

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,398 Posts
    Nah Deflorate, don't think it's on Spotify

37. Post #197
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,249 Posts
    Ah right. No, it's not. I'll check it out :buddy:

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,821 Posts
    Yes, and it is actually quite good.

If the people who go "AUJFHASJFAPIOFHAIO COME CLARITY IS TOTAL SHIT THIS ISN'T THE IN FLAMES I KNOW AND LOVE AFGADASFASFASFA THIS ISN'T JESTER RACE-ESQUE MELODIC DEATH METAL THIS MELODIC DEATH METAL WITH ALTERNATIVE-METAL INFLUENCES FASFASFUAFUASF SELLOUTS FUCKING WHORES IN FLAMES SOLD THEMSELVES TO THE INDUSTRY AHFASHFASHFOASH RAGE" would pull the sticks out of their asses and realize that you don't compare releases with previous releases, - especially ones with such radical shifts as this - but instead judge them on their own, they would realize that Come Clarity is a solid album.

Is Come Clarity the same as The Jester Race or Whoracle? Of course not. Does that mean it's bad, though? No!

I'll bet you :20bux: that if In Flames changed their named, without a single soul outside the band knowing it, and released Come Clarity, a good chunk of all those people mentioned above would consider Come Clarity at least a solid album, rather than raging about how it's not The Jester Race.

If you're one of those people, please pull the stick out of your ass and realize that you don't have to compare every In Flames album to The Jester Race and curve your opinion around that. To be frank, that's a plain retarded thing to do.

Bands evolve, and it only makes sense that their music does to. The poor deluded man who wants a band to forever be stuck in one time period, releasing the same album over and over again, is surely more an anathema to the music industry than piracy ever could be.
    I just don't like the album, it's not because it's different than the melodic death metal stuff. It's mostly the vocals that ruin it for me. I really don't like Anders's "whiney" vocals. Some of the riffs are alright though but the vocals just kill the album for me. Although it was better than STYE. Colony was amazing, Clayman was too, Reroute felt like a water downed version of Clayman to me but it's still a great album. I like when bands evolve, I just don't like the way In Flames evolved. Dark Tranquillity was pretty good about evolving, I'm not the biggest We are the Void fan but it's still a pretty good album.

Anyways, enough arguing about In Flames. Here's some music.

Sacrilege

Fun fact: Daniel Svensson (In Flames) does the vocals and drums.

A Canorous Quintet

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,460 Posts
    TBDM is probably my favorite death metal band.
    "Necropolis" has one of the best riffs ever.

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,488 Posts
    I just don't like the album, it's not because it's different than the melodic death metal stuff. It's mostly the vocals that ruin it for me. I really don't like Anders's "whiney" vocals. Some of the riffs are alright though but the vocals just kill the album for me. Although it was better than STYE. Colony was amazing, Clayman was too, Reroute felt like a water downed version of Clayman to me but it's still a great album. I like when bands evolve, I just don't like the way In Flames evolved. Dark Tranquillity was pretty good about evolving, I'm not the biggest We are the Void fan but it's still a pretty good album.
    I think Anders' vocal style changed when their lyrics changed. They used to write about astrology and sci-fi kind of stuff (Whoracle was a concept album about a utopian earth being destroyed by itself). Since Reroute to Remain, they have sung about personal struggles and the like, which is when his vocals changed to the low scream he does now. I personally really love them and consider him one of the best metal vocalists out there for being able to diversify in the types of harsh vocals.