1. Post #681
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    :love:

Edited:

At The Gates are a big possibility for Bloodstock 2011

:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

Edited:

They're doing a few shows just for fun this year, festivals. Maybe they'll get back together and write some more material. Probably won't since they didn't in their last reunion a few years ago but some fresh material after 15 years would be most awesome indeed.
    According to an interview on UltimateGuitar, they have no intention of staying together or to write new material. Sorry.

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    According to an interview on UltimateGuitar, they have no intention of staying together or to write new material. Sorry.
    Sucks.

3. Post #683
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    They also said they wouldn't tour after their 08 tour but look what they're doing now

They probably won't though yeah, this is just for fun.

4. Post #684
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    Sorry guys. Don't got any new content. Other than this. I'm pretty certain it hasn't been posted, and I intended to post it like a week ago, when I posted about Kalisia, but I just forgot until now.

One of their bonus tracks. Features Angela Gossow (of Arch Enemy fame) performing a cover of Cynic's "How Could I."

5. Post #685
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    not bad

6. Post #686
    THE TRUE SAN DIEGAN WARLORD
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    I like it

7. Post #687
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    FFFFUCKKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSS

AT THE GATES CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK!

This has secured me a purchase, definitely. Gonna see if I can get a ticket for christmas :buddy:

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    Oh fuck oh fuck I REALLY WANT TO GO NOW.

I fucking hate all you people that live near decent concerts.

Edited:

Also gmod I'm looking for that flow chart you posted about how you find bands. Which thread did you post it in?

9. Post #689
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    Oh fuck oh fuck I REALLY WANT TO GO NOW.

I fucking hate all you people that live near decent concerts.

Edited:

Also gmod I'm looking for that flow chart you posted about how you find bands. Which thread did you post it in?
    Probably this thread.

I think I deleted it though, when I cleaned up my dropbox. I was pretty remorseless in that cleaning endeavor. (Ctrl-A, delete )

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,223 Posts
    If you haven't seen this then I think this might be of interest.

It's from Swedish television.
    It begins with one of Swedens indiepop/indierock artists, Timo Räisänen, singing a calm song while playing his aucoustic guitarr.
    But then...
    ...In Flames come in and makes everything awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    lol, I was listening to the first guy singing and thinking "Hey... I recognise this"

12. Post #692
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    That's fucking awesome

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    Wish Anders didn't cut his dreads off. They looked awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #694
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    If Cradle of Filth, In Flames and The Faceless all got drunk and had sex this would be their child

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,371 Posts
    I'll just post some new engineered (Not great, but still) videos of my band, not sure if it's melodic death metal, more of a melodic heavy metal... yeah. Not sure.

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    If Cradle of Filth, In Flames and The Faceless all got drunk and had sex this would be their child
    I really dislike guitar riffs like the one that started at 0:55. It sounds bad, no matter how hard it is. Other than that, awesome song.

17. Post #697
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    REALLY :O

I love them. I think they sound awesome.

18. Post #698
    November 2007
    897 Posts
    Revive for mighty oden!

Don't think this has been posted before, correct me if I'm wrong - I searched for the Artist title in this thread - but it's pretty awesome. a fairly new band, I think, called Engraved Disillusion.
    The EP is free to download from Last.FM as well.

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    79 Posts
    Revive for mighty oden!

Don't think this has been posted before, correct me if I'm wrong - I searched for the Artist title in this thread - but it's pretty awesome. a fairly new band, I think, called Engraved Disillusion.
    The EP is free to download from Last.FM as well.
    Cool song but there's absolutely nothing unique about them :(

If I heard someone put this song on i'd think it's Kalmah or something

20. Post #700
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    Cool song but there's absolutely nothing unique about them :(

If I heard someone put this song on i'd think it's Kalmah or something
    I respectfully disagree. It may be because I don't listen to much Kalmah (other than They Will Return, I don't much care for them), but I hear very little Kalmah in there. I suppose I can see where you hear Kalmah in the intro solo, just because it's so colorful, but other than that, I hear more a combination of World to Ashes and Souldrainer than anything else. I'm trying to find a band similar in regards to the low guitar sound, but off the top of my head I can't really think of anything. Maybe Fractal Gates? I don't really know.

While it's not mind-bendingly new and creative, I still like it. If you only listened to melodeath bands for originality, your collection of bands would be pretty small. Let's face it; it's hard to make unique music in the genre now, seeing as it's had a lot of pioneers shoot through in pretty much every direction imaginable. The only way to make a "unique" sound these days is to more or less mix and match existing bands and hope for the best. And that's a hit-or-miss ideal.

21. Post #701
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    Good god Hypocrisy's Virus is a fucking amazing album

Not listened to any of their other stuff though so idk how it compares

If it's better then o man

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    I took your music library on page 10 gmod and gave it to my friend for him to download it all. Looking forward to getting some more Fractal Gates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #703
    December 2009
    5,069 Posts

Just a rather emotional melodic death metal song i wanted to share with you.

"Nothing can offer content
    Nothing can ease the pain
    Nothing can wear off the sorrow
    One is born to bear within

While your world is worth of trying
    My world is mere cold
    No chance in disillusion
    Only the end of the road"

"Compelled to cherish beauty in longing
    Cling on love admist the suffering"

this is pretty much exactly how i felt a while ago, this song somehow helped me get trough it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,223 Posts

Just a rather emotional melodic death metal song i wanted to share with you.

"Nothing can offer content
    Nothing can ease the pain
    Nothing can wear off the sorrow
    One is born to bear within

While your world is worth of trying
    My world is mere cold
    No chance in disillusion
    Only the end of the road"
    My favourite song.

Not a single doubt.

25. Post #705
    December 2009
    5,069 Posts
    If you haven't seen this then I think this might be of interest.

It's from Swedish television.
    It begins with one of Swedens indiepop/indierock artists, Timo Räisänen, singing a calm song while playing his aucoustic guitarr.
    But then...
    ...In Flames come in and makes everything awesome!
    Oh my god, i love how the crowd went all like "what the ffuck..?"

26. Post #706
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts

This is fantastic stuff. One man instrumental prog metal/melodeath.

27. Post #707
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    No idea if I've posted them before. Working on getting this album right now, since I decided I love their vocals.

Chaos Divine - Refuse the Sickness (LYRICS)

28. Post #708
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    Pretty certain I haven't posted these guys either.

Lost Dreams - Wage of Disgrace

29. Post #709
    August 2010
    1,022 Posts
    Its been long since I have posted anything but I am back

Bitterness - Symbiosis In Death

RageStorM - Idiocracy

The Paradox Unseen - Mutilate Them

Obsidian Throne - Walpurgisnacht

Credic - Illusionist Being

Anyway I know you still have arguments about CoB not being Melo-death and all but sneak peaks of Cob's new song and their new album art has been released/leaked.

30. Post #710
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    79 Posts
    I respectfully disagree. It may be because I don't listen to much Kalmah (other than They Will Return, I don't much care for them), but I hear very little Kalmah in there. I suppose I can see where you hear Kalmah in the intro solo, just because it's so colorful, but other than that, I hear more a combination of World to Ashes and Souldrainer than anything else. I'm trying to find a band similar in regards to the low guitar sound, but off the top of my head I can't really think of anything. Maybe Fractal Gates? I don't really know.

While it's not mind-bendingly new and creative, I still like it. If you only listened to melodeath bands for originality, your collection of bands would be pretty small. Let's face it; it's hard to make unique music in the genre now, seeing as it's had a lot of pioneers shoot through in pretty much every direction imaginable. The only way to make a "unique" sound these days is to more or less mix and match existing bands and hope for the best. And that's a hit-or-miss ideal.
    And that's why my melodeath collection is very small. lol

Kalmah example:

31. Post #711
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    Ehh.

I guess I can see where you hear the similarities, though I have to strain to hear them. Either way, I prefer Engraved to Kalmah.

If you think that Engraved song isn't unique, though, then you've obviously never heard a true clone band. Try these on for size. Try and guess what band they're cloning (hint: it should be really freaking easy).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #712
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    I'm guessing Norther

they are p awesome though :buddy:

Edited:

LIstening to that second song now and its sounding fucking cool

33. Post #713
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    Well actually they're clones of Bodom.

Norther works, too, though, since Norther are also Bodom clones.

Alley on the other hand. I don't care if I won't be able to tell the difference between them and Opeth when songs from either artist play on my music player. I love Opeth too much.

34. Post #714
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,903 Posts
    although its clearly an opeth clone

Edited:

you ninja

but yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    I know it's not melodeath, but I feel it must be shared.

Christian Alvestam, of Miseration, Scar Symmetry, and Solution .45 esteem, co-oping with Henrik B, providing vocals for Henrik's trance mix.

36. Post #716
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    I lol'd at the pinches in the Alley song

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    79 Posts
    Ehh.

I guess I can see where you hear the similarities, though I have to strain to hear them. Either way, I prefer Engraved to Kalmah.

If you think that Engraved song isn't unique, though, then you've obviously never heard a true clone band. Try these on for size. Try and guess what band they're cloning (hint: it should be really freaking easy).

Hahah the first one sounds EXACTLY like Alexi. And the second one is just like Mikael. I have to say you've opened my mind to the topic of clone bands though. I mean, sure it's not Bodom or Opeth technically, but it's practically another Bodom or Opeth album. Just written by other people. So why shouldn't I give it a listen? lol

38. Post #718
    June 2010
    1,707 Posts
    In Flames used to be godlike

And even this one (Even if it's from Come Clarity it's an awesome song nonetheless)

:3:

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    In Flames are godlike
    Fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    784 Posts
    Well actually they're clones of Bodom.

Norther works, too, though, since Norther are also Bodom clones.

Alley on the other hand. I don't care if I won't be able to tell the difference between them and Opeth when songs from either artist play on my music player. I love Opeth too much.
    I find Norther to have more catchier songs than Bodom, especially on their first two albums.

Regardless though, "clone bands" have never bothered me at all, because I don't see why it would be bad to play in the same style as long as they aren't purposely ripping off exact riffs from another band.