1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,805 Posts
    It's not the full map, but they got rid of the boundaries and the mission failed thing. Can't find the file at the moment.
    I don't think they're going to include the full map in a demo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #3162
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,092 Posts
    Agreed. The consoles are also missing out a shitload. PhysX makes the shooting so much more atmospheric.
    All it adds when shooting are particles which fall to the floor, the destruction is still there even if you disable it. It isn't even that good if Nvidia users with average computers can't run it smoothly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Slovenia Show Events

3. Post #3163
    August 2010
    6 Posts
    Hi!
    I found "magic jump" for "mission failed".
    Go to 48825F and change from 75 20 to 74 20
    Now map/esc, and "you are killed" work in "red zone"
    A bug fond... when you are arested, nothing happens.
    PS.: You should have an unchanged exe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

4. Post #3164
    August 2009
    167 Posts
    Anyone found out a way to increase the time limit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3165

June 2005
    3 Posts
    That was one of the first things out for this demo (Well, frozen), where have you been?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

6. Post #3166
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,092 Posts
    It was modified the day the demo was released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #3167
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,540 Posts
    Theres a way to Remove the time limit.

Get the VITOpatch at front page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

8. Post #3168
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    Just had a quick look at the rain/night thing.

Teh results:

:ms:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3169
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    :siren:POST THIS ON EVERY FEW PAGES PLEASE:siren:

Timer Freeze[list][*]This is the timer freeze patch for the Mafia II demo. It freezes time at 9:59. If you get trojan alerts, beware this is a false positive which means that the virus scanner recognizes that it is built like a virus because it modifies .EXE files which could potentially be dangerous in the wrong hands, but this simply modifies the Mafia2.exe. If you still feel unsafe downloading, then don't, but take my sexy handsome word that it's fine.[/list]
    APEX Physx Lag[list][*]Using this nifty guide to dumbing down some files, you can tweak Physx to only apply to some materials and not to others. Remember to ALWAYS make backups of files you delete! [/list]
    Weapon Unlocker[list][*]This should get you all the weapons, including some not in the demo like the MP40, grease gun, M1 Garand, revolver, etc. If you get errors, try running as administrator.[/list]
    Going Past the Boundaries[list][*]This allows you to go past the boundaries using the bus trick attached below on YouTube. It's very glitchy, but it works. If you die you have to restart the demo, and you are unable to use the map or pause the game after you reach a certain point past the boundaries. Also you are very likely to fall through the floor at some point. There's a new clothing shop though. It has the same clothes as the other ones, but brand new colors! I personally like the Dick Tracy outfit.[/list]****The Bus Trick

LUA Console[list][*]The LUA console allows you to load custom scripts, which you may see many people posting every so often. Try this code by s0beit:
    God mode
    game.game:GetActivePlayer():SetDemigod(true)
    [/list]
    VITOPatch[list][*]Want God mode? Want frozen time? Want infinite ammo? There you go.[/list]

so yeah and stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #3170
    March 2010
    3,540 Posts
    Does the storie in the first Mafia connect to the second?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

11. Post #3171
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,723 Posts

Teh results:

What software do you use for viewing dem codes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

12. Post #3172
    July 2009
    3,416 Posts
    Does the stories in the first Mafia connect to the second?
       Nope, as everyone died.   

Edited:

HxD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #3173
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    HxD. Says so in the screenshot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Belgium Show Events

14. Post #3174
    March 2010
    3,540 Posts
    Nope,    as everyone died   .

Edited:

HxD
    Mind spoiler tags?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #3175
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,723 Posts
    HxD. Says so in the screenshot.
    Diden't look in the taskbar, silly silly me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

16. Post #3176
    July 2009
    3,416 Posts
    Mind spoiler tags?
    Oh dear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #3177
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    This night/rain thing looks confusing.

Edited:

Nope, as everyone died.   
    retard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #3178
    July 2009
    3,416 Posts
    Thank you very much, but do you want french fries with that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #3179
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    657 Posts
    You couldn't look 2 posts above you or any of the last 5-10 pages, could you?
    what forum is it from, might get some fucking answers there at least.

Edited:

ok am I using the m2com at the wrong times, i load up the game and load the level, I alt tab to the console and no matter what I put it it crashes the game, what fucking gives?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #3180
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,129 Posts
    There is no Dick Tracy outfit!

he wore a Black suit with a Yellow Trench and Fedora + Red Tie

All Yellow suit =/= Dick Tracy

Hopefully in the full game though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

21. Post #3181
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,400 Posts
    I like how you commented to a page or two old comment

22. Post #3182
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    2,739 Posts
    Mind spoiler tags?
    Yeah, cover up a spoiler for an 8 year old game, who knows how many people haven't played it yet!?!? You dick!!!

/sarcasm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #3183
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,129 Posts
    I like how you commented to a page or two old comment
    I commented on a post 12 posts above mine, and is 1 or 2 pages considered no longer part of a discussion ? What kind of ADD forum is this!

24. Post #3184
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    657 Posts
    :siren:POST THIS ON EVERY FEW PAGES PLEASE:siren:

Timer Freeze[list][*]This is the timer freeze patch for the Mafia II demo. It freezes time at 9:59. If you get trojan alerts, beware this is a false positive which means that the virus scanner recognizes that it is built like a virus because it modifies .EXE files which could potentially be dangerous in the wrong hands, but this simply modifies the Mafia2.exe. If you still feel unsafe downloading, then don't, but take my sexy handsome word that it's fine.[/list]
    APEX Physx Lag[list][*]Using this nifty guide to dumbing down some files, you can tweak Physx to only apply to some materials and not to others. Remember to ALWAYS make backups of files you delete! [/list]
    Weapon Unlocker[list][*]This should get you all the weapons, including some not in the demo like the MP40, grease gun, M1 Garand, revolver, etc. If you get errors, try running as administrator.[/list]
    Going Past the Boundaries[list][*]This allows you to go past the boundaries using the bus trick attached below on YouTube. It's very glitchy, but it works. If you die you have to restart the demo, and you are unable to use the map or pause the game after you reach a certain point past the boundaries. Also you are very likely to fall through the floor at some point. There's a new clothing shop though. It has the same clothes as the other ones, but brand new colors! I personally like the Dick Tracy outfit.[/list]****The Bus Trick

LUA Console[list][*]The LUA console allows you to load custom scripts, which you may see many people posting every so often. Try this code by s0beit:
    God mode
    game.game:GetActivePlayer():SetDemigod(true)
    [/list]
    VITOPatch[list][*]Want God mode? Want frozen time? Want infinite ammo? There you go.[/list]

so yeah and stuff
    okay maybe a tutorial on m2com.exe, everytime I press enter to execute a command it crashes mafia2.exe, how do you use it correctly, does it have to be in a certain directory, do you have to be ingame? wtf gives with this crappy console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #3185
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,805 Posts
    Why do people quote massive posts..

:doh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3186
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    Thank you very much, but do you want french fries with that?
    Yes please, with ketchup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

27. Post #3187
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,400 Posts
    I commented on a post 12 posts above mine, and is 1 or 2 pages considered no longer part of a discussion ? What kind of ADD forum is this!
    Sorry i thought you were commenting about another old comment a couple pages ago. And You could of used quote tags.

28. Post #3188
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,129 Posts
    Sorry i thought you were commenting about another old comment a couple pages ago. And You could of used quote tags.
    Yeah right, I'm too ADD for quote tags myself

29. Post #3189
    July 2009
    3,416 Posts

Bushes == invisibility :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #3190
    August 2010
    4 Posts
    Hi!
    I found "magic jump" for "mission failed".
    Go to 48825F and change from 75 20 to 74 20
    Now map/esc, and "you are killed" work in "red zone"
    A bug fond... when you are arested, nothing happens.
    PS.: You should have an unchanged exe

can't found it :( and I using HxD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Czech Republic Show Events

31. Post #3191
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,487 Posts

Teh results:

I typed in that code but the game crashed :/

32. Post #3192
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    I typed in that code but the game crashed :/
    Well then you did something wrong.

- run injector as admin
    - run the console as admin
    - start mafia2.exe
    - go outside your house
    - type the command in the console
    - if it still crashes and you use a hacked exe restore the original mafia2.exe

Note: case sensitive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Belgium Show Events

33. Post #3193
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,322 Posts
    I get this error when starting the lua console.

---------------------------
    m2con.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #3194
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    657 Posts
    Well then you did something wrong.

- run injector as admin
    - run the console as admin
    - start mafia2.exe
    - go outside your house
    - type the command in the console
    - if it still crashes and you use a hacked exe restore the original mafia2.exe

Note: case sensitive
    thank you this solved the crashing

35. Post #3195
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    I get this error when starting the lua console.

m2con.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-37bf0912db84

36. Post #3196
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,088 Posts
    Nope, as everyone died.
    As much as I've heard you will see Tommy Angelo at some point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #3197
    August 2010
    6 Posts
    can't found it :( and I using HxD
    You can use OllyDbg
    Anyway, search for binary string C20800807C240C007520 and replace with C20800807C240C007420
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

38. Post #3198
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,092 Posts
    I found out that Vito raises his weapon if hipfire is impossible in cover, so a mod making him actually aim should be possible.

As much as I've heard you will see Tommy Angelo at some point.
    He died too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Slovenia Show Events

39. Post #3199
    May 2005
    36 Posts

Just sayin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #3200
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    14,008 Posts
    Voice are too different.