1. Post #3441
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,823 Posts
    How do you sneak up and kill someone silently?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #3442
    December 2007
    9 Posts
    why lockpick when you can break the window and go to the garage to fix it
    Gameplay,fun :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Slovakia Show Events

3. Post #3443
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    14,014 Posts
    I don't understand why the cops assume you are carrying a weapon if you punch them. Even the NPCs do. I'll knock out a random NPC and he'll scream "Don't shoot!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3444
    August 2010
    55 Posts
    Same here. :(
    Use some original Mafia2.exe file not patched.

For me is working this:
    1.Configurable_Injector.exe
    2.m2con.exe
    3.Mafia II Demo

What is Lua command for rainy night?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

5. Post #3445
    August 2010
    6 Posts
    For lockpicking and tanking fuel:
    Code:
    for i = 0, 1000 do game.game:GetActivePlayer():InventoryAddItem(i) end
    For all meele weapons then go next to lock and hold F :) same with tanking fuel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3446
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    I don't understand why the cops assume you are carrying a weapon if you punch them. Even the NPCs do. I'll knock out a random NPC and he'll scream "Don't shoot!"
    Maybe they didn't include the correct sound and used that one only to keep the demo size reasonable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Belgium Show Events

7. Post #3447
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    740 Posts
    Maybe they didn't include the correct sound and used that one only to keep the demo size reasonable?
    Then I don't see why they included all the weapons, weather and part of the bigger map in the demo..as well as all sound etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3448
    Gold Member

August 2009
    1,094 Posts
    Back from camping, what did I miss?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

9. Post #3449
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,689 Posts
    Well I just finished the first game and I have to admit that last battle was one giant pain in the ass.    The guys in the end are TOTALLY the same people in the sequel, it said that he moved across the country and I bet that means from Lost Heaven to Empire Bay.   

10. Post #3450

August 2010
    9 Posts
    Code:
    For all meele weapons then go next to lock and hold F :) same with tanking fuel.
    It doesn't seem to work for me, it just gives me an "empty hand" in inventory with 0 "ammo"...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

11. Post #3451
    May 2007
    59 Posts
    Over the Weekend I wrote a small SDS Viewer/Extractor. You can't modify the files with this yet, but I'll try to add this sometime.

Download

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #3452
    July 2010
    3,934 Posts

Black people.
    rofl @ 1:37
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3453
    August 2010
    536 Posts
    this is really annoying

14. Post #3454
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    Over the Weekend I wrote a small SDS Viewer/Extractor. You can't modify the files with this yet, but I'll try to add this sometime.

Download

Awesome! You're officially my hero :love:
    Any plans to open source it in the future?
    You never know who might want to contribute to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Belgium Show Events

15. Post #3455

August 2010
    24 Posts

Download

holy shit, thank you! thank you! thank you!
    and yeah, open source would be awesome :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Estonia Show Events

16. Post #3456
    SweFox.net - AdventureFox.net - ImgFox.se
    February 2008
    10,446 Posts
    I guess no one know why I can't complete any commands :P? I can type it and press enter but it doesn't go any further.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

17. Post #3457
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,522 Posts
    I think I have a love-hate relationship with the driving. While it's fun to drive, I catch myself over correcting and spinning out, while cursing the lack of power steering.

And I wish the speed limits were more dynamic. It's forty miles per hour everywhere, either on the expressway or in the neighborhoods. The only place where it gets any different is near the tunnels, and there it's like eighty MPH, which I have quite some trouble effectively controlling my car.

18. Post #3458
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,608 Posts
    Alive for 15 minutes on the highest cop level hell yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

19. Post #3459
    August 2010
    55 Posts
    In Demo game we have some "handcuffs", "wipe", "crowbar", "knuckle-duster", "machine-gun", "baseball", "German grenade" and "stick".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #3460
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,694 Posts
    "handcuffs"
    Sounds fun.

21. Post #3461
    August 2010
    109 Posts

Download
    I just tested it and it works great.
    But it doesn't automatically trim the first 30 bytes of the files.

See http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4870

Edit:

Ok, nvm, it works for files with known extensions.
    Stupid me.

22. Post #3462
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,689 Posts
    I think I have a love-hate relationship with the driving. While it's fun to drive, I catch myself over correcting and spinning out, while cursing the lack of power steering.

And I wish the speed limits were more dynamic. It's forty miles per hour everywhere, either on the expressway or in the neighborhoods. The only place where it gets any different is near the tunnels, and there it's like eighty MPH, which I have quite some trouble effectively controlling my car.
    Whatever dude right after finishing up Mafia 1 I booted up the demo and smiled at how much easier it was to drive and how responsive and powerful everything was.

23. Post #3463
    February 2009
    414 Posts
    I have an screenshot.

24. Post #3464
    March 2008
    13 Posts

Download

Nice work :aaa: Now, I'll just wait until editing is possible...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

25. Post #3465
    August 2010
    55 Posts
    CJay :(
    We can see what is in full demo.

26. Post #3466
    March 2009
    321 Posts
    Press L to speed regulate in cars!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #3467
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,787 Posts

Download

Downloaded, but it isn't a full extractor.

It is basically the equivalent to the BMS script WRS posted on xentax, if you want more help i have written extra code (C++) to decompress the "Script" based files fully from the generated files your program makes.

It is also on xentax, each file extension seems to have its own format.

28. Post #3468
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    Not all files it extract appear to be correct. Some files start with parts of other files or have some sort of header attached to it that isn't part of the actual file. And not all files that should be plain text are plain text.

Edit:
    What s0beit said :p.

29. Post #3469
    August 2010
    47 Posts
    Btw, are you still working on your Lua console?
    Or do you have plans to open source it?
    I need Lua output instead of execution failed/success :).
    what kind of output are you looking for? print(), errors? i'm not too familiar with the lua api, but i'm guessing i can grab error output through lua's debug interface and print()'s output through some function hooking/override.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

30. Post #3470
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    2,739 Posts
    Press L to speed regulate in cars!
    Wow no way! I really totally didn't know that!!!

How do you kill a fucking cop without getting a wanted level? If there is only one cop and no peds for miles then why when i kill him, do i get wanted? there's got to be a way to silent kill without getting cops on you...how?

31. Post #3471

August 2010
    24 Posts
    The ExSDS doesn't seem to extract lua files. Pity :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Estonia Show Events

32. Post #3472
    April 2007
    1,268 Posts
    What system would you recommend this game to be played on?
    Console or PC (Decent not powerful)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

33. Post #3473
    August 2010
    109 Posts
    what kind of output are you looking for? print(), errors? i'm not too familiar with the lua api, but i'm guessing i can grab error output through lua's debug interface and print()'s output through some function hooking/override.
    Errors, print etc. I attached HxD to the mafia2 process and searched for the string that I entered in the console.
    If you write something that fails to execute you can find the error message in memory and I assume the same holds true when you print stuff.
    It's just hard to figure out what's going right now if something doesn't work :).

Edit: also, copy/paste would be handy

34. Post #3474
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,823 Posts
    How do you sneak up and kill someone silently?
    Any help with this one?

35. Post #3475
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,658 Posts
    Any help with this one?
    The people need to be hostile to you. So, if a cop has seen you, or the gangster wants to eat you, you go behind them and click with fists out.

36. Post #3476
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Any help with this one?
    hold c to go in sneaking mode, then walk behind someone and it should say silent kill or something.

37. Post #3477
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,212 Posts
    What system would you recommend this game to be played on?
    Console or PC (Decent not powerful)
    Why don't you download the demo and see which one YOU prefer?

38. Post #3478
    August 2010
    55 Posts
    I cleaned my sweet with "stick wash".:D

39. Post #3479

December 2007
    150 Posts
    Code:
    and how to get ammo for each weapon?
    because we can't use the weapons we get and we can't use the melee weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

40. Post #3480
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,749 Posts