1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    I'm making a site for my father, and i've already created the homepage layout myself (see here) and I've downloaded a copy of wordpress in hope to be able to get it inside that layout (not make a theme that resembles the layout, but to basically put the blog inside that grey block under the orange bar)
    But when I opened the index.php file I saw it just includes pieces of other php files, so I have no idea how to make that go inside the block on my php page. How do i do it?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    210 Posts
    If you would like to integrate properly, check out this link.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Integrati...h_Your_Website

If you want a quick, hacky fix, you could use an iframe.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    Is there a way not to have to craft a new theme, but to just fit the blog inside a <div>?
    I'm asking because I know that if i'll make a theme it'll never look the same as the original layout

4. Post #4
    June 2010
    174 Posts
    Make your own CMS.
    Just do it.

Edited:

If it's for a client, and he wants the super awesome admin panel and stuff, just make a wordpress theme, it's just how it works, it would be pretty pointless otherwise.

5. Post #5
    Is there a way not to have to craft a new theme, but to just fit the blog inside a <div>?
    I'm asking because I know that if i'll make a theme it'll never look the same as the original layout
    That just isn't how you do it. That's the worst possible way you could set this up. I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to get it to look the same as the original layout when you would literally use the same HTML/CSS...

6. Post #6
    June 2009
    294 Posts
    You should just look into Wordpress theme design. They are easy to make and a valuable skill should you pursue a freelance or web design career.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)