1. Post #561
    November 2007
    32 Posts
    Imagine being in a brick basement, dim yellow tinted lighting, all decaying and a constant feeling that something is watching you while you heard that sound.

I'd fucking freak out and get myself stuck somewhere or something. :gonk:

if that were to happen, i'd just run head first into the brick wall to try and kill myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    When your flashlight battery runs out she sometimes makes a joke about having to get a new battery for it from Doctor Kleiner. Shortly afterward she makes creepy zombie noises out of nowhere and freaks you right the fuck out.
    Could I get a video of that?

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,096 Posts
    heres something that will make your nightmares cuddle up in fear

That makes the zombine sound like a rape machine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    April 2009
    2,697 Posts
    So, what song is creepier? The hl2 leak's "Anxiety?" or the retail's "Radio?"

5. Post #565
    August 2009
    1,269 Posts
    Anxiety imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    974 Posts
    Forgive me if this is not correct, but the thing that REALLY messed with my head is when Gordon talked. I swear at the beginning when you got to get on the Nova Prospekt train, the combine grab you and there is a voice that said "listen this has gotta be some kind of mistake." I'm pretty sure it was Gordon. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I REALLY didn't imagine Gordon's voice sounding like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #567
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,322 Posts
    Forgive me if this is not correct, but the thing that REALLY messed with my head is when Gordon talked. I swear at the beginning when you got to get on the Nova Prospekt train, the combine grab you and there is a voice that said "listen this has gotta be some kind of mistake." I'm pretty sure it was Gordon. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I REALLY didn't imagine Gordon's voice sounding like that.
    Uh, no? That's a citizen that goes before you if you didn't notice the door on the left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

8. Post #568
    April 2010
    971 Posts
    We don't go to Ravenholm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #569
    April 2010
    273 Posts
    So, what song is creepier? The hl2 leak's "Anxiety?" or the retail's "Radio?"
    The radio. "Anxiety" are so small, eez funny too mee.

Might be because of the gnome though.

10. Post #570
    April 2009
    2,697 Posts
    The radio. "Anxiety" are so small, eez funny too mee.

Might be because of the gnome though.
    what if they both played at the same time?

11. Post #571
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,100 Posts

Then god help us all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,100 Posts
    Did I kill the thread? I'm sorry. :frown:

13. Post #573
    April 2010
    1,882 Posts
    Way to go, thread-killer.

14. Post #574
    April 2009
    2,697 Posts
    Imagine you're trapped in this room hearing nothing but the audio in this video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,153 Posts
    OH GOD, GET IT OUT OF HERE. GET ME OUT OF HERE! AGH.

Alright, let's NOT do that again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,087 Posts
    View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gnuQrZlUtzs

Imagine you're trapped in this room hearing nothing but the audio in this video.
    I regret clicking that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #577
    February 2010
    16 Posts
    View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gnuQrZlUtzs

:psyboom:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #578
    FP's Resident Action Girl
    August 2010
    1,466 Posts
    I hope I'm not late'd, but all I have to add is:

Listen to the sounds the Jockey makes when he's riding a survivor.

Suddenly he goes from a silly little maniac to a scary little maniac.

Also: hi facepunch im new hear lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #579
    August 2009
    1,636 Posts

Every time I see this I want to puke.

God why did valve change it's effect. It looks so retarded now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

20. Post #580
    June 2009
    65 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,529 Posts

Knowing Valve... They probably broke it in an update and had to redo it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,100 Posts
    I love you, you made my creepy sadistic vision come true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #583
    January 2010
    1,320 Posts
    the sound when you approach the playground, I was at a mate's place, I heard rumours about wierd sounds playing when you head to the playground at the beginning, so I turned up the volume and approached the playground. then I heard children, playing(?) it confused me, then all of a sudden, I heard the ghostly child voices scream in pain :ohdear:

My friend looked at me and sai "dude, this is freaking me out!"

Edited:

I cant find memory.Wav , I got gfcscape, and I've gone to the hl2/ambient folder, but I cant find it.

Edited:

where is it?

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,100 Posts

Dude is that just two spinning brushes with a texture on them? Man Valve could have at least faded out the ends so it didn't look so... Fake.

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,223 Posts
    :byodood: That almost made me cry in the end.

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    Sometimes, they laugh when you kill them.

:ohdear:
    I think the developers who where doing the sounds for them actually LAughed in the background when they heard the base. Thats how its there.

I think...

27. Post #587
    November 2009
    162 Posts
    He probably means the overwatch announcer, the one that sounds like GLaDOS
    They have the same voice actor. So does the announcer.

---

I always thought the almost sadistic personality of the Portal turrets was a bit strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #588
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,509 Posts
    I always thought the almost sadistic personality of the Portal turrets was a bit strange.
    They only want to be your friend :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #589
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,100 Posts
    They only want to be your friend :smith:
    They love friends, but sadly they can't override their subroutines that automatically shoots the crap out of every moving thing that walks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #590
    December 2005
    14 Posts

When I saw this i was afraid to buy Half Life 2 because I wasn't prepared to spend so much money on new underwear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #591
    April 2009
    2,697 Posts
    wtf it's jabba the hutt!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

32. Post #592
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,936 Posts
    How about spanish vortigaunts?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #593
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,905 Posts
    Sounds pretty awesome imo.
    Needs more sombrero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #594
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,053 Posts
    Sounds pretty awesome imo.
    Needs more sombrero.
    That's Mexican, you faggot.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Jimbomcb))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #595
    December 2009
    7,988 Posts
    :froggonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #596
    October 2009
    770 Posts
    Just found a new one, from Left 4 Dead, on the bottom of the Allegheny National Forest ad in small print:

'This forest is not for the faint of heart. Enter at your own risk. Not responsible for lost or dead friends. Reserve your camping spot now! I'm warning you. Stay away if you know whats good for you. You'll regret it. Yes you will. Yep.'

Allegheny National Forest is where Blood Harvest takes place, for the record. Foreshadowing much? They must not get many visitors...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    I reversed that audio back to normal, tbh it makes it more scary. :froggonk:

38. Post #598
    August 2010
    4 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pln17esd3Q&NR=1

this scared the fuck out off me i was like :eeeek: when i saw this *glunk*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,395 Posts
    Lots of interesting stuff in this thread. I never knew "Yabba my icecream" was a backmask. You forget that there are all these horrible things going on in the Half Life universe because all you really see most of the time is happy rebels and citizens. Maybe it's just because I've only played Ep 2 recently. I hope Ep 3 brings in alot more of the horror elements in.

Someone should make a horror mod set in the Half Life universe that runs on Survival Horror mechanics. Don't know how well it would work with the Combine being armed with guns and all though...

40. Post #600
    May 2010
    297 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pln17esd3Q&NR=1

this scared the fuck out off me i was like :eeeek: when i saw this *glunk*
    Also your post is one of the most stereotypical furry post and will bring alot of bandwagon hate. If you are going to use smilies though : http://facepunch.com/misc.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)