1. Post #521
    October 2009
    769 Posts
    A bunch of graffiti I found in Left 4 dead 2:

'Bonsoir, mes amis.' - Good evening, My Friends.
    'R.I.P *Someone*. What a long, strange journey its been.'
    'Amour, pour toujours.' - Love for always (Ever probably. French grammar fail)
    'NAPOLEON BABIN RAN OFF LIKE A COWARD'
    'Diane - Took Abel and went to the sugar mill' - (Origin of witches in HR?)

But by far one of the best was the Midnight Riders memorial graffiti that turns into a flame war against them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

2. Post #522

August 2010
    13 Posts
    Another one I remember, Half life 1 a twitching dead body and a strobe light. And the fact that the turrest in black mesa are killing everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 2 (list)

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,070 Posts
    The turret one isn't really a mindfuck, and the zombie twitcher was said already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #524
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,344 Posts
    In half life one when you walk in that room and you see two zombies munching on some dead scientists, and if you kill them quickly and quitely you walk into a large room with a big door blocked off with boards and some more zombies munching on scientists, Whats scary about that scene is that you can see they tried to block it off and then the zombies came from the back. and also in opposing force when you first start the game and that zombie kills that hazmat guy and you really want to help him but you have no weapons, It just scared the hell out of me how before he dies he turns around with his back to the glass and looks at the zombie right before it kills him and then throughs him through the glass then you the zombie comes after you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

5. Post #525
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,301 Posts
    heres something that will make your nightmares cuddle up in fear

russain and spanish zombine

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #526
    April 2010
    273 Posts

is it a rebel being turned into a stalker? :ohdear:
    Isn't that the sound the friendly <object> makes when killed/"banished" as the script calls it?

Edited:

Also, if Garrysmod counts, again, it has to be the fucking friendly gnome. Took me two hours to figure out you're supposed to ignite him.

If it doesn't then advisors in general.

Edited:

:doh:
    when you get in kleiners lab he is like "portal ready biatches"
    What if they actually said that?

Half-Mind anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #527
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    That russian zombine did sound terrifying.

8. Post #528
    May 2010
    297 Posts

Now i'l never be able to play anything russian again :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #529
    April 2008
    1,744 Posts
    if episode 3 is scarier than this thread i will need some diapers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,527 Posts
    if episode 3 is scarier than this thread i will need some diapers
    Gabe said it would be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,070 Posts
    I hate to poop on your guy's little party but I don't actually find much of this terribly scary. Only things like the zombie one are disturbing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,538 Posts
    the fast zombies

you hear a loud SCREAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    then you tell yourself "ah fuck,fast zombies"
    you prepare yourself and.....nothing comes from around the corner

you turn around and then it jumps while scratching your face
    FUCK

also this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 6Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #533
    April 2009
    2,674 Posts
    When you first see the fast zombie at the beginning of ravenholm. The first time I played through and saw something running on an inaccessible roof while climbing that ladder I was all like "Woah, what the fuck was that?"

14. Post #534
    August 2010
    28 Posts
    The sound that a radio makes when put through the emancipation grill. Sounds like GET ME OUT OF HE-(cuts off to a shooting noise) Apparantly, one of the Dino sound contains wheatly saying "This is amazing!" when it's cleared up. It may be the one that one free man was talking about

15. Post #535
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,070 Posts
    Freeman was talking? Hah, when Episode Threes fly! ...

16. Post #536
    May 2010
    297 Posts
    :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 23Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    748 Posts
    I HAD THAT ON FULL VOLUME WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAGH

/caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Isle of Man Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #538
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,171 Posts
    The underground toxic areas. Why would you even be hiding in deadly liquids?

19. Post #539
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,048 Posts
    I really want EP3 to be rather "way to much scary" instead of not enough scary. I want it to be scarier than all half life series mixed, a kind of grown up half life 2 that will blow your balls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

20. Post #540
    January 2010
    157 Posts
    My dad snoaring sounds just like the poison zombie breathing.
    :ohdear:

Edited:

heres something that will make your nightmares cuddle up in fear

russain and spanish zombine

Those russian zombines make me want to play Half Life 2 with Russian voices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #541
    March 2010
    4,605 Posts
    I hate it when in Episode 1, your in the tunnel with the zombie and Alyx. You turn off your flashlight because it's out of batteries and your hear Alyx making zombie noises. I turned that shit back on and started shooting everything in sight until Alyx started laughing. That bitch. :argh:

GRAH WTF! :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #542
    May 2010
    2,112 Posts
    holy shit that was scary as FUCK! SNIP THAT SHIT. OH MY GOD.

23. Post #543
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,031 Posts
    Fast zombies.

*runs in building and barricades with grav gun*
    "Phew, that was cl-"
    *attacked by poison zombie while fast zombie pounces*

Edited:

and how everything fits together perfectly (in game with theories), until you notice 1 thing that proves something else that was a contradiction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

24. Post #544
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,571 Posts
    holy shit that was scary as FUCK! SNIP THAT SHIT. OH MY GOD.
    Stop being such pussies.

Edited:

In half life one when you walk in that room and you see two zombies munching on some dead scientists, and if you kill them quickly and quitely you walk into a large room with a big door blocked off with boards and some more zombies munching on scientists, Whats scary about that scene is that you can see they tried to block it off and then the zombies came from the back. and also in opposing force when you first start the game and that zombie kills that hazmat guy and you really want to help him but you have no weapons, It just scared the hell out of me how before he dies he turns around with his back to the glass and looks at the zombie right before it kills him and then throughs him through the glass then you the zombie comes after you.
    Strange the scientists even manage to get killed by the zombies, they could flee from them just by walking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

25. Post #545
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,960 Posts
    That's not scary, that's fucking funny!

26. Post #546
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I hate it when in Episode 1, your in the tunnel with the zombie and Alyx. You turn off your flashlight because it's out of batteries and your hear Alyx making zombie noises. I turned that shit back on and started shooting everything in sight until Alyx started laughing. That bitch. :argh:

GRAH WTF! :byodood:
    What the fuck? Alyx makes zombie noises when your flashlight is off?

I'm dumb because I didn't know something? Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

27. Post #547
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,883 Posts
    Yes, she does.

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,896 Posts
    what the fuck? Alyx makes zombie noises when your flashlight is off?
    When your flashlight battery runs out she sometimes makes a joke about having to get a new battery for it from Doctor Kleiner. Shortly afterward she makes creepy zombie noises out of nowhere and freaks you right the fuck out.

Edited:

When I played HL2 the first time, I figured Ravenholm was going to be the last "scary" area for a while and basically disregarded my health. In the first coast chapter, just before you get into the jeep, there are two health kits. I didn't take either of them since, y'know, I figured I'd be in a jeep.

Then the chick brought me up with the magnet, and as she was swinging me around, all I could think of was "wow, those antlion things they were talking about are pretty fucking scary, I hope I don't have to get out of my car."

Then the magnet failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,791 Posts
    Haha wouldnt it be funny if gordon just shot her right in the head and killed her when he heard the noises, itd be all like "whos laughing now bitch"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #550
    April 2009
    2,674 Posts
    A freaky song from the hl2 beta soundtrack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

31. Post #551
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,070 Posts
    Oh god I would panic hard with that music going.

32. Post #552
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Oh god I would panic hard with that music going.
    I started getting a weird feeling while listening to it.

33. Post #553
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,070 Posts
    Imagine being in a brick basement, dim yellow tinted lighting, all decaying and a constant feeling that something is watching you while you heard that sound.

I'd fucking freak out and get myself stuck somewhere or something. :gonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #554
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,527 Posts
    I wonder what it sounds like backwards, since its already backwards soundings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #555
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,496 Posts
    I'll admit, I'm still scared to play some of Ravenholm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,470 Posts
    That song sounds like a messed/sped up bass solo when reversed.

37. Post #557
    January 2010
    1,320 Posts

is it a rebel being turned into a stalker? :ohdear:
    The last few seconds
    "i'm okay, I'm okay!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #558
    April 2009
    2,674 Posts
    I took it and reversed it, but that really removes the paranoid feeling you may get when you listen to the un-reversed version

39. Post #559
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,149 Posts
    I took it and reversed it, but that really removes the paranoid feeling you may get when you listen to the un-reversed version
    That's even wooooorse. :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    598 Posts
    View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RtrA41ZWoQQ

Reminds me of penumbra and other scary games