1. Post #3361
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    I've been playing too much Mass Effect

Edit: Updated the track with a name and enabled downloads if anyone wants it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3362
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

3. Post #3363
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    Whoa did you write that?
    Yeah. It's all original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #3364
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,123 Posts
    It's got a big, spacy sound to it, and a very nice suspense. The moody piano is very good. I don't know what else to say. I like it.
    -----
    I know the vocals are out of tempo. I did it on purpose, because I think it sounds nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

5. Post #3365
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    Slowed-down Leanne Carol?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #3366
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,123 Posts
    Slowed-down Leanne Carol?
    Yup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

7. Post #3367
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,291 Posts

robot bear

how can i improve this guys, i know the masterings off and its killing me. i need help!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #3368
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Yeah, the digital file => digital file processing is really off...
    Fire your sound engineer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #3369
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,291 Posts
    its one of those ones where its just horrible to get right, ill take it down and revisit it later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #3370
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    You mean making presets right? What synths do you use? Most come with a lot of cool presets. It's a good idea to modify those instead of making a preset from scratch.
    what?

I'm sorry, I know this is music composition rather than synthesis, but I think if you spend a lot of time with synths you really ought to program your own patches. After a while it isn't too difficult, and I think the end result would be more interesting.

granted, I know nothing about creating music, but I really enjoy making synth programs from scratch, and I think it's worthwhile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #3371
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    I know nothing about creating music, but I really enjoy making synth programs from scratch, and I think it's worthwhile.
    Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #3372
    January 2012
    10 Posts
    Liquid DnB type bullshit remix for a friend.

Edited:

Also this speedcore remix of a song my friend Tate made. I took the chop technique I used in that one song I posted a page or two back and applied it to something... Faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #3373
    Very VERY early intro to a Concept album i'm working on, I mainly made this to get used to FL studio and get a basis for the song down.
    http://soundcloud.com/kane9-1-1/the-attack-2
    I don't know why it suddenly drops like that, I had a far longer instrumental bridge.

The basic concept(Aside from the intro) is slow, ambient tracks, interspersed with tracks of dialogue between a father and his son, set in a fallout shelter after a nuclear attack on england.

Edited:

It's pretty damn awful in retrospect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #3374
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,461 Posts
    Guys what are good programs to make classical, orchestral music? Free or purchaseable, doesn't matter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

15. Post #3375
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    pen and manuscript paper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3376
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Found this video on accident:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLkICjlyuE
    Guess media tags don't work on that? Anyways.

Gave me an itch to lowpass/repeat the synth:

Might actually do something intricate with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #3377
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    So I made a song for the first time in FL Studio. Nothing special, just a simple piano piece. Somewhat inspired by the film The Triplets of Belleville. I might further develop it with more orchestral instruments.

18. Post #3378
    January 2010
    805 Posts
    I too made a song for the first time ever in FL studio.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #3379
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    That's the best outro I've ever heard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #3380
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

21. Post #3381
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

22. Post #3382
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,052 Posts
    I've started a new band recently and we recorded a 4 track demo. The other guy, who's producing it and plays the bass on this just sent me a preliminary mix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

23. Post #3383
    January 2006
    46 Posts
    I've started a new band recently and we recorded a 4 track demo. The other guy, who's producing it and plays the bass on this just sent me a preliminary mix.
    Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/kitthehacker/funky-song-wip

I really REALLY like this.
    Kinda sounds like a mellow Fresh Millions (<- bad example, they exclusively incorporate vintage sounding vocoders, which is what i'm getting at.)

1:30-2:08 you have some sort of clipping that hurts my ears. (same thing around 3:30)
    :22-:40 seconds you should add a touch of reverb in my opinion. or stand like five feet back from the mic. Or both.

I'd like to hear more of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3384
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    -snip-

25. Post #3385
    August 2008
    1,596 Posts
    Here is a little thing I'm making for an EP for my other project. I'd love to get some feedback on this one since I haven't posted anything in a while and when I post everyone ignores me .
    It's hidden because I don't want to really "release" it yet, but I'd love to know what people think about it
    http://soundcloud.com/mechanicalgent...cruise/s-6yjqy

Edited:

This is sounding pretty nice. The snare could use some mids/highs and I'd love to hear some grooving hihats. That high synth could be little lower volume-wise. Aaaand a sub bass maybe? I love that wobbling synth tho, this got potential

Edited:

Loving this one, really chilling. But I think you could ease with the sidechaining a little. It sounds great on the bass, but I don't like how it ducks out the raining sound and the the synth at 1:19-1:41
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3386
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    I feel like the drums need to develop more past the drop. Nice little riff though.
    Also, the snare sound is a bit weak to me - I feel like it needs more of a crack to it at the beginning of the sound. Maybe if you layer a short, sharp snare over the top?

Also, I like the kinda 'fidget dubstep' thing you have going on here, I think you should accentuate that. Maybe even cut some of the notes short on the main synth or remove some, just really play around with blank space more. I think that would give your tune a bit of a unique edge.

I listened to your track too CLungcancer but am not really too sure what to say about it :\. I feel like it would be a cool track if I saw it performed live, or it had some vocals to it or something. As it stands though I feel like there's something missing but I can't really put my finger on what

27. Post #3387
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    -snip-

28. Post #3388
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #3389
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #3390
    May 2010
    758 Posts
    As always excellent. Though I would really like you to finish your songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #3391
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    But why would I finish a song when I could just

more house music:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #3392
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    As always excellent. Though I would really like you to finish your songs.
    You must realise that I like taking a long period of time on certain songs so they sound the best they can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #3393
    September 2011
    157 Posts
    But why would I finish a song when I could just

more house music:

you really like those filters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3394
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,602 Posts
    I am working on a dirty electro type stuff thing.

I haven't yet sampled in robot sounds, slashes, explosions, impacts and voice. I will keep you guys updated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #3395
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

36. Post #3396
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #3397
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

38. Post #3398
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    Good work, it's quite good. I especially like the drums at the start.

__________________________________________________ _

Anyway, it has been quite a while since I have done anything like this, it's sort of prog house:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #3399
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #3400
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Wow man, it's been a while. Your stuff always sounded awesome and even these songs show improvement from that, great stuff.

Edited:

Also, continuing on Daft Punk - High Fidelity remix,

Not too sure about the second build-up, might rearrange some things as I go on...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events